Contagion and legacy

paalern3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I watched the prices of these two books and I think they're really expensive! Does anybody know why?

And if you read contagion, is it a must to read legacy too?

devitciiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

If you read Contagion and enjoy it, then Legacy is a must. I took a quick look on Amazon though and wow those prices suck. Contagion and Legacy are mediocre stories, worth the price of a standard trade but not much more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because of their length

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are out of print. Contagion's Trade Paperback was printed in 1996. The library binding was printed in 2008 but that binding is expensive. The price for Legacy is obviously being influenced by high demand and low supply. Makes sense if it was a mediocre story, few would want to buy the trade back then. Now that it is out of print, people want it.

For comparison purposes, the Trade Paperback of the Killing Joke starts at $28 on Amazon. You can get the Hardback for 10 bucks. The difference is that the Hardback is still in print, the paperback's print run was in 1995.

Honestly, unless you really want a print copy of the stories, I'd just go to Comixology.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarletbatman: I got a second printing of the killing joke from 1988 for 15 bucks at my comic shop, it depends where you look or go