#1 Edited by flashrobin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

How did you feel about Batman being isolate in his Universe and it being based only on realism?Do you think if it wasn't the character wasn't based on realism,the franchise could of continued?Introducing more of Batmans unrealistic villians (Solomon Grundy,Clayface)and the possiblility of enhancing the chances of Justice League movie coming

#2 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashrobin: solomon grundy never was a batman villain prior to the arkham games. he's a justice league / society villain.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (42183 posts) - - Show Bio

NO. Enough realism. Embrace fantasy

#4 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I agree, that's one of the things I find interesting about Batman, he is just a human man going toe to toe with a world of super-humans, monsters, and aliens.

The realism of Nolan's films was cool, but we seen it now, time to try something new, and It would be a good way to distance themselves from Nolan's films as well.

#5 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind it Nolan did a great job. Though I won't complain if his Batman did appear.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (42183 posts) - - Show Bio

@breadspread:

Yes! We need to see the Bat God on screen! Lol.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33362 posts) - - Show Bio

If it wasn't for realism these movies wouldn't even exist

#8 Edited by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

All in all, I think Nolan made an excellent job. Sure there are a lot of things I really wanted to change, I never felt Christian Bale, despite being a good actor, did Bruce Wayne or Batman justice. That really kept me from totally loosing myself in the films. The Dark Knight Rises was definitely the weakest out of them, Joker's absence was just too much to take in the end. He should've gone way more for the Dark Knight Returns' plot setting (which it still does to a very large extent), casted another guy to play an older version of Joker (always thought Johnny Depp would be a perfect Joker). Loved his version of Bane, but his British accent & entire lifetime in South America was just too dumb for me to go with (yes you can have a Latin American accent & still sound intelligent).

Catwoman was the worst choice of an actress I've ever experienced, take that with the fact that her whole character is misinterpreted & yeah, Catwoman was pretty horrible.

As for the "realism" vs. fantasy, I do prefer when the sci-fi/fantasy aspect isn't all that exaggerated, Burton went a little too far & the guys who tried to copy his style did even worse. But to some point there has to be superpowers of some sort (classic "radiation", "super-steroid) or whatever).

Loved the way Man of Steel handles the whole superpowers thing, incorporate it that way & I'm certain Nolan's films would've gone the extra mile.

Also hated the Batsuit turned into an armor. The Batsuit's gotta have white shades, that's the way it is. The fact that the cape & cowl were not "synchronized" together smoothly made him look like a robot. Batman's not a robot.

#9 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10787 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel logic, fantasy in a reallistic world, i like this idea.

Also i dont want Batman facing Jokerzilla.

Holy Godzilla Batman!!! I am calling Pacific Rim Jeagers

Also people ofteng forgets many of the Batman villains start more grounded.

Clayface

Created by Bob Kane, the original Clayface (Basil Karlo) was a B-movie actor who began a life of crime using the identity of a villain he portrayed in a horror film

Joker

The credit for creation of the Joker is disputed. Kane responded in a 1994 interview to claims that Jerry Robinson created the concept of the character:

Bill Finger and I created the Joker. Bill was the writer. Jerry Robinson came to me with a playing card of the Joker. That's the way I sum it up. [The Joker] looks like Conrad Veidt — you know, the actor in The Man Who Laughs, [the 1928 movie based on the novel] by Victor Hugo. [...] Bill Finger had a book with a photograph of Conrad Veidt and showed it to me and said, 'Here's the Joker'. Jerry Robinson had absolutely nothing to do with it, but he'll always say he created it till he dies. He brought in a playing card, which we used for a couple of issues for him [the Joker] to use as his playing card.[9]

Robinson has countered that he created the Joker to be Batman's larger-than-life nemesis when extra stories needed to be written quickly for Batman #1, and that he received credit for the story in a college course.[10] Regarding the character's similarity with Conrad Veidt, Robinson said:

In that first meeting when I showed them that sketch of the Joker, Bill said it reminded him of Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs. That was the first mention of it...He can be credited and Bob himself, we all played a role in it. The concept was mine. Bill finished that first script from my outline of the persona and what should happen in the first story. He wrote the script of that, so he really was co-creator, and Bob and I did the visuals, so Bob was also.[11]

Golden Age

In his initial dozen or so appearances, starting with Batman #1 (1940), the Joker was a straightforward homicidal maniac, with a bizarre appearance modeled after the Joker playing card. He was slated to be killed in his second appearance right after he escaped from prison,[12] but editor Whitney Ellsworth suggested that the character be spared. A hastily drawn panel, demonstrating that the Joker was still alive, was subsequently added to the comic.[13] In the next issue he is in the hospital recovering, but is broken out by a criminal gang.[14] For the next several appearances, the Joker often escaped capture but suffered an apparent death (falling off a cliff, being caught in a burning building, etc.), from which his body was not recovered.

From the Joker's first appearance in Batman #1, he has committed crimes both whimsical and brutal, all with a logic and reasoning that, in Batman's words, "make sense to him alone."[15] In his first appearance, the character leaves his victims with post-mortem smiles on their faces, a modus operandi that has been carried on throughout the decades with the concept of the character.

In Batman #1, he challenges Gotham's underworld and police department by announcing over the radio that he will kill three of Gotham's most prominent citizens at certain times. Batman and Robin investigate the crimes and find the victims' bodies stricken with a perpetual grin upon their faces.

Also this one used Make Up and use a Cop Costume, this based on the fact Jerry Robinson was a creative consultant for TDK.

Killer Croc

In Croc's initial string of appearances, a Batman and Detective Comics crossover story arc that culminated in Jason Todd adopting the mantle of Robin, he was depicted as an unnamed, shadowy figure in a trenchcoat. A ruthless criminal who wants to become the crime kingpin of Gotham City, Croc works behind the scenes using methods like sniping to eliminate his criminal competitors. He briefly is in competition with a small army of Batman villains under the leadership of the Joker. When Batman finally confronts his mysterious foe, the villain is revealed to have a massive physique and reptilian appearance. It is then revealed that his real name is Waylon Jones, born with a form of atavism that imparted him with reptilian traits. His drunk aunt grew to hate her nephew's hideous appearance and brutal behavior. While still an adolescent, his aunt abused him and bullied him by calling him names like "lizardboy" and "a reptilian freak". Croc killed his aunt and became a criminal. After countless killings and biting off Aaron Cash's hand, he faced off against Batman and the new Robin, who defeated him.

In these original, pre-crisis appearances, Killer Croc resembled a powerfully-built man covered entirely in green scales, but was still basically human in his facial proportions and build.

People often ignores all the legacy an forgets the early concepts of the villains.

You know, there was a Batman before the 80s and one before Adam West.

Embrace the Legacy

#10 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel I'm the only one on earth who doesn't find them great...

#11 Posted by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: TDKR wasn't great BB was good TDK was a masterpiece but the whole realism thing got old fast

#12 Posted by sinestro_GL (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel I'm the only one on earth who doesn't find them great...

Nope. Clearly I can see that you are also a Bat-fan, as I am.

I also feel that the films weren't AMAAAAAAZING like almost everyone else believes. Personally, I find the comics much better, I've seen better films, and I'm a Batman fan rolled all into one.

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolans trilogy was brilliant because it had ONE proper story.

#14 Posted by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio