• 55 results
#1 Edited by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

So I am interested in seeing which characters will be showing up so if we can make a list that would be awesome. Also share your thoughts and theories on these characters here!

So far we have confirmed:

Heroes:

Batman/Bruce Wayne

Alfred

Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana

Lt. Jim Gordon

Barbara Gordon (eventual Batgirl? Oracle?)

Michael Holt (eventual Mr. Terrific?)

Metamorpho

Villains:

Professor Pyg

Mr. Toad

Magpie

Anarky

Simon Stagg

Ra's Al Ghul

Humpty Dumpty

Tobias Whale

Silver Monkey

Lady Shiva (makes sense since we will have League of Assassins in the show)

Man-Bat

Possible Characters:

Black Lightning (since Tobias Whale is techinically his arch nemesis)

Outsiders (I really hope this show goes that route instead of Justice League, if it gets the chance to expand its cast to that point)

Talia Al Ghul (Bruce does need a love interest, and daddy is already confirmed)

Madame Zodiac (from the teaser poster)

The Creeper

Green Lantern (the 3D designs are already out there...)

Robin

#2 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Just added to possible characters:

Talia Al Ghul (Bruce does need a love interest, and daddy is already confirmed)

Madame Zodiac (from the teaser poster)

There are two other baddies that I can't determine who they are though. Any ideas?

#3 Posted by Vikings (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, have they said why the Joker won't play a role in it at all? It seems they excluded a lot of Batman's primary villains from it. I haven't done much reading up on it at all, so thanks for the list. Didn't realized it would be butchered this much.

Ten Eyed Man...Oh goodness...

#4 Edited by Justthatkid (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: Seeing Metamorpho, Katana, and a Black lightning villain on the list has me excited if they do reach for the outsiders I hope it's the original members not just those 3, which wouldn't suprise me since that was done on Batman the Brave and the Bold. Justice league doom could of been a good way to make a outsider sequel for Batman.

#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Shiva and Silver Monkey have also been confirmed.

@vikings said:

Hmm, have they said why the Joker won't play a role in it at all? It seems they excluded a lot of Batman's primary villains from it. I haven't done much reading up on it at all, so thanks for the list. Didn't realized it would be butchered this much.

Ten Eyed Man...Oh goodness...

The creators have admitted that they have no idea how to approach the Joker in a unique way and changing him too much could end up betraying the character,they have flatly stated that they want to do something new.

Saw a clip,the action was AWESOME,this show is gonna rock,Young Justice can suck it.

#6 Edited by Saren (25681 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Shiva and Silver Monkey have also been confirmed.

Nice.

#7 Posted by Vikings (48 posts) - - Show Bio

At least they live up to it and respect the character enough to not want to tarnish it in any way. It will be weird to see a Batman show without any glimpse of the Joker though. Hopefully they'll reference him from time to time to show acknowledgement of him.

The creators have admitted that they have no idea how to approach the Joker in a unique way and changing him too much could end up betraying the character,they have flatly stated that they want to do something new.

#8 Edited by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@vikings: Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they bring the Joker in the show if the show grows long enough. Thats of course after they run their course with the current villains they have lined up.

@entropy_aegis: I'll add Silver Monkey, when was Lady Shiva confirmed? Haha do you think she will look like her new 52 counter part?

@justthatkid: I am soooo excited and I really do hope we get a full fledged Outsiders team that includes Geoforce and Halo in it. Btw the Brave and the Bold eventually put the original team together in the third season I believe. I also wouldn't be surprised if they added to that lign up since Michael Holt is also in the show.

#9 Edited by Justthatkid (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: Yeah I saw Requiem for a scarlet speedster but in previous episodes they were using the name outsiders before the original team was set I'd be glad to see Geo-Force and Halo and possibly Owlman and The Creeper. It would be cool if they went for characters who haven't been animated like Azareal.

#10 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: I would LOVE to see the creeper as an ally of Batmans! or Azrael! But I think the shows priority should be setting up the Outsiders, and I think the Creeper could totally be on that team!

#11 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Metamorpho as a villain? What?

Joker and the other big names will eventually show up. Brave and the Bold also said they were going to stay away from the primary Bat-villains, but they eventually showed up.

#12 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

It would also be cool if the creators of this showw bridged to the GLTAS show and had GL show up for a MUCH later episode.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually can't wait for the show anymore.

#14 Posted by trebean (655 posts) - - Show Bio

It would also be cool if the creators of this showw bridged to the GLTAS show and had GL show up for a MUCH later episode.

Possibly, the later DCAU shows had a slight change in the art style, and Bruce Timm did say that 2 non GL characters would appear later in the Behind the Scenes of DC Nation, he didn't specify that it will be in the GL show, so it's possibly this. (Or I just didn't see those two characters because I haven't watched all of GL:TAS)

#15 Posted by Justthatkid (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: Same here it would be nice to see the outsiders get a animation depiction since alot of kids might not know who they are but know Batman so it would be cool if the show led up to the outsiders. Out of topic but I also thought the outsiders would of made a good team in the insurgency if you played injustice.

#16 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: That is true! Maybe they can still make it in the comics!

#17 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the show and I already hate Stagg.

#18 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightfang: Perfect! The show did it's job right then!

#19 Edited by batmannflash (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy to have Babs and Ra's. Hopefully she becomes Oracle, with Steph and Cass becoming part of the Bat family.

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

they better not pull that New 52 BS with Creeper if he does show up. I'd love to see BTB cross over with GL.

Metamorpho as a villain? What?

it'll probably be in the same vein as Ethan Bennett/Clayface in The Batman, or Metamorpho's JLU appearance

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Robin and Catwoman don't show up I'm happy.

#22 Posted by Ten_Eyed_Man (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! I, Batman's greatest enemy, am showing up in this show! Insta-winning!

#23 Posted by consolemaster001 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, the show doesn't look good.

#24 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by consolemaster001 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

No Poison Ivy? (sigh)

#27 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Justthatkid (3963 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: You mean him being a demon, LIKE HE ALWAYS HAS BEEN?

do some f^&(*ing research. he's only been a demon since Reign In Hell. every incarnation of the character before that was product of science.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Being that Silver Monkey is gonna appear it would be kinda cool if Connor Hawke appeared, unlikely I know, but it would still be kinda neat, especially since DC hasn't done anything with him in years.

Also, besides the Outsiders route, there's also a ton of possibilities if they start putting more focus on the League of Assasins, Merlyn, David Cain, Bronze Tiger, or finally getting Cassie's TV debut...

Some people also said there was a Barry Allen cameo in the news headlines, I didn't see it but there's an obvious possibility for the show to start introducing JL characters, who knows, maybe we get a new DCAU by the time the Justice League movie arrives, there is so much potential for this show it's crazy...

And no Demon Creeper, just no.

#32 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@strangeman: So I honestly think the Outsiders route would be season 2, season 1 is going to establish the league of assassins. Cause you gotta set up the main characters before you add more, so its easier to establish league of assassins first. And I totally see a new universe forming with GL, and this. So much potential!

#33 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Ten Eyed Man? Holy crap yes!

#34 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Ten-Eyed Man, King Kraken, and Axel Alex are NOT showing up. Also, Metamorpho is NOT a villain. IGN is a bunch of idiots, as usual.

#35 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Being that Silver Monkey is gonna appear it would be kinda cool if Connor Hawke appeared, unlikely I know, but it would still be kinda neat, especially since DC hasn't done anything with him in years.

Also, besides the Outsiders route, there's also a ton of possibilities if they start putting more focus on the League of Assasins, Merlyn, David Cain, Bronze Tiger, or finally getting Cassie's TV debut...

Some people also said there was a Barry Allen cameo in the news headlines, I didn't see it but there's an obvious possibility for the show to start introducing JL characters, who knows, maybe we get a new DCAU by the time the Justice League movie arrives, there is so much potential for this show it's crazy...

I don't want a JL series with poor CGI.

#36 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

@strangeman said:

I don't want a JL series with poor CGI.

It wouldn't be my first choice either, but it's probably what's gonna happen, if there even is a JL show to begin with. Still, I prefer story over art direction, and being that both GL and BTB have been delivering in that regard, I wouldn't mind it that much if there ever is a CG JL cartoon.

#37 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's Al Ghul and Lady Shiva have been confirmed?

Sounds like a two part season finale. I hope they do a lot with these characters.

#38 Edited by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's Al Ghul and Lady Shiva have been confirmed?

Sounds like a two part season finale. I hope they do a lot with these characters.

That's what I'm expecting! This season will form the league of assassins, while next season will form the outsiders

#39 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy to have Babs and Ra's. Hopefully she becomes Oracle, with Steph and Cass becoming part of the Bat family.

I hope this happens.

#40 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

So just in case anyone was curious Tara Strong who used to play Batgirl in DCAU, is reprising her role as Barbara Gordon!

#41 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

New character just revealed! Man-Bat will be coming onto the show!

http://www.awn.com/articles/television/a-controversial-new-caped-crusader

#42 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: awesome link! I love seeing storyboards!

Man-bat is cool I guess... he's not really a villian I would've missed... Still, I'm interested to see what they do with the character, and he'll make for some cool aerial combat.

#43 Posted by Justthatkid (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@breadspread: A familiar fave is what matters to me so I'll be excited to see Man-Bat

#44 Posted by Justthatkid (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: I wish they used Selina, I think Magpie's character and how she was written would of been great.

#45 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Ten-Eyed Man, King Kraken, and Axel Alex are NOT showing up. Also, Metamorpho is NOT a villain. IGN is a bunch of idiots, as usual.

#46 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@teneyedmen: To be honest i was doubtful when they said Metamorpho was a villain, though in the JL episode when he was first introduced he was kind of portrayed as the misunderstood bad guy. Any confirmation that those characters are not showing up

#47 Posted by Evilmime13 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

And we have semi-confirmation that there will be at least some form of a Robin in this show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_in_other_media#Beware_the_Batman_.28TV_series.29

I know you can't trust Wikipedia, but I add that since they have a actor already lined up to voice him, then it is likely true. But I wonder which one it will be.

I'm hoping its Damian.

#48 Posted by consolemaster001 (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilmime13:

And we have semi-confirmation that there will be at least some form of a Robin in this show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_in_other_media#Beware_the_Batman_.28TV_series.29

I know you can't trust Wikipedia, but I add that since they have a actor already lined up to voice him, then it is likely true. But I wonder which one it will be.

I'm hoping its Damian.

Propably not

#49 Edited by Evilmime13 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the timing is off, but we do have confirmation Talia is in the show. Just a theory.

Well, at least we know that the show will have at least one character named Robin in it.

#50 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilmime13:

@evilmime13 said:

I'm hoping its Damian.

Propably not

I mean I find it doubtful for the beginning but if the show gows on to a 5th season or something, they will probably introduce Robin (or multiple robins)