Burtons Batman is arguably more WORSE than Schumacher.

• 96 results
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dude i talked of this in a Movie Blog in spanish called Cine3, i was talking about what Joel did well.

Saddly people freack out about the fact i destroyed his fantasy about the "great job" that Burton did.

I agree with you 100% in this one.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Shadow_Thief

Sorry, but Shumacher lost me the moment he put Arnold in a lab coat and expected me to take it seriously.

Congratulations for making it passed Batman and Robin clicking their heels together and having ice skates in their boots
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@DEGRAAF said:

@.Mistress Redhead.: no they werent in there, i was say if he put them in there i would still think they were the best batman movies

I kinda missed the pit.. but it would not have fit in the first movie, it would fit in the new on if they are going the route I "think" they are.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DEGRAAF

@.Mistress Redhead.: True. I'm just saying i think the pit, the laughing gas, and the acid flower all would have still been able to fit in the realm of Nolan's batman world

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@DEGRAAF said:

@.Mistress Redhead.: True. I'm just saying i think the pit, the laughing gas, and the acid flower all would have still been able to fit in the realm of Nolan's batman world

Agreed

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

.Keatons fighting style was also mostly laughable to me,everytime he struck someone it looked like a rubber doll hitting another doll.Batman also had no character in him

well if they posed a guy like van dam as the bat in action, it would have been really cool, i think van dam is the most qualified actor for the classic Bat-kick

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Larkin1388

@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis: Which actor's portrayal of Bruce did you like the most?

In order from best to worst

1. Keaton

2. West

3 Bale

4. Kilmer

5. Clooney

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Forever, it was the first movie that actually had Batman.

People go and love Burton for the fact they were introduce to "Batman" by Burton, so they belive he pretty much created Batman or that he did an amazing job and was Batman comic books made into movies, today the people has a bizarre case of nostalgia and keep saying Burton is awesome where Nolans is not, schumacher sucked and pretty mcuh anyevidence agisnt it just show you are stupid and a Nolanite.

Schumacher gives us a Batman that is not an emotionally a kid like Burton Batman.

Had real Martial Arts Skills, Burton Batman sucked at this.

Look athetlic, Burton Batman look old and like if i could kick his ass.

People acted like people, Burton made them robots because he dont know how to deal with real emotions.

His villains at least try to be something bigger, Burton villains want to have sex with Vicky Vale, revenge because it was a cat lady and to get some fish.

Schumacher Batman explain why Batman does not kill, Burton Batman kills like nuts and then go an tell Catwoman that i wrong, wtf is that shit?

Alfred and Gordon are there, in Burton movies are pretty much life statues.

Batman had relationships with everybody around him, Alfred, Grayson and others, Burton Batman since was a children, didnt have realtionships, because he cant.

Dick Grayson was a tridimensional character, Burton never has this type of character in his movies.

Nolan bases Gotham in real places that are like Gotham in real life and Schumacher make Gotham look Art Deco because thats is how Gotham used to look in the comics.

Burton only had atmosphere, so people say he was better that Schumacher and Nolan.

He failed harder that Schumacher and Nolan, is time to get this nostalgia thing die.

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked both Burton and Nolan's takes. Don't remember Schumaker's all that much bec he didn't make one with Catwoman.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I never liked Batman (1989) and I kind of like Batman Returns but I don't think they're worse than Schumacher's. But then again, I haven't seen any of them but they look bad based on what i've seen on the internet. (especially Batman & Robin)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61 vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think it's arguable. Schumacher's Batman aren't just a bad Batman films, they are two of the worst films ever in general.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62 the_stegman  Moderator

1. You don't have to say "more worse" just ''Worse" works.

2. While I do find it ridiculous that people put Burton's Batman ahead of Nolan's, I don't think he's that bad.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: What is with you new avatar? are you now a Bhuddist?

Loading Video...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#65 vance_astro  Moderator
Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By Arinya

Burton's take on Batman was great! It was gothic and entertaining. Abit over the top but never too silly. There was a sense of mystery and fantasy about the big city of Gotham. In fact I would not mind seeing a Burton Batman movie cuz alot of the effects in the first movie really do not hold up well.

Schumacher described Batman as being fabulous...FABULOUS....no, no, NO, NOOOOOO!!!!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Good grief!

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING can be worse than these:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: Oh dear gawd....I forgot about the retarded bat-card...wait why the hell is this even an argument...why does this thread exist. I think @entropy_aegis just made post to antagonize anyone with brain. LOL!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sinestro_GL

@arinya: Bat-card. Bat-skates. Bat-nipples. Bat-ass, and Robin the whining idiot. Seriously, all that Chris O'Donnel did in B&R was cry like a little b*tch the entire time.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: LOL...you forgot the deformed Bat-codpiece. What a horrible movie! This thread is like therapy.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arinya said:

@sinestro_gl: LOL...you forgot the deformed Bat-codpiece. What a horrible movie! This thread is like therapy.

Check out the results from Google when you type 'codpiece'

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl said:

Good grief!

No Caption Provided

What could be better that the smile of Tommy Lee Jones?.

No Caption Provided

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#75  Edited By Extremis

@entropy_aegis: no film is perfect and Batman 89 is no different. It's still a very good addition to the Batman catalogue IMO. I like to liken Batman films to one-shot comics with their creators. Burton's Batman might not be the definitive take, but it's a very stylistic, serious approach (first movie to show Batman as a dark character) to the character from a creative and talented artist in Tim Burton. The gothic Gotham he created was majestic and that city was basically built as one big set. That all alone makes his Gotham unique from all others as the skyline is one we will never see again. Also Jack Nicholson as the Joker is amazing.

So yeah, though not my favorite Batman film (Batman Begins is), and though it didnt get everything "correct", it's still an interesting and artistic addition to the Batman mythos in the film medium. Also, Batman would never be as integral and popular a character he is today if not for Tim Burton. People seem to forget that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I'm going to be perfectly honest: a big part of why I like these movies is to spite Nolanites.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the Burton ones as much as the Nolan ones, Forever? Yeah it's good. If you view Batman and Robin as a cinematic interpretation of the 60's series (and nothing more) it becomes slightly more watchable.

I agree with this.

for me it goes like this :

1. TDK.
  2. BB.
  3. TDKR/Batman.
  4. Batman Returns/Batman Forever.
  5. Batman and Robin.

I worship TDK; love BB, TDKR and Batman; like Returns and Forever and enjoy B&R as a parody film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@sinestro_gl: I just searched "codpiece" and that is (unfortunately) no longer the second result.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#79  Edited By Extremis

@xwraith: no offense but that's pretty dumb. You should like a movie because you enjoy it, not to spite others. Let alone for people you deem insignifcant enough to generalize as 'Nolanites'.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nolan's Batman inspite of DKR>>>>Every other live action Batman movie or series.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Before Nolan blessed us with his trilogy,all previous Batman movies sucked.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol i dont care how bad those movies were (And they were unbearably terrible) I could watch batgirl over and over again and just turn the volume off

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care still a big fan and love'em more.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@sinestro_gl: I just searched "codpiece" and that is (unfortunately) no longer the second result.

What a tragedy! Someone should inform Schumacher!

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all the villains in schmockers movies where the same they acted goofey and crazy not like the comic versions at all just rip off cartoon villains

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

Before Nolan blessed us with his trilogy,all previous Batman movies sucked.

Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero, Batman:Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker would beg to differ.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By LyraFay

While each films have their merits (yes, even Batman and Robin), they each show what people with Batman in the comics, they alter and change to fit whatever that environment is. Batman is the David Bowie of comic book characters, he can change and we can easily be surprised.

Avatar image for divine_disorder
Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Divine_Disorder

Good grief!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You forgot Mr. Freeze tap-tap-tappin' his feet in his fluffy polar bear slippers. *twitch*

While I respect the first Batman movie's legacy and know that it must have been awesome when it first came out, I just don't think it stands the test of time. Michael Keaton looks laughably tiny in that cheap rubber batsuit. He wasn't menacing at all and there was absolutely no reason for criminals to fear him. Plus Alfred took Vicki to the batcave, revealing everything to her. WTF?!? I think Batman Returns was better all around. I really liked the villains. Penguin is actually scary, and pitiful at the same time, and Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal of Catwoman was amazing, even though her origin made no sense. But I also hate that Bruce literally just sat around at home DOING NOTHING while waiting for the Bat signal to appear. Batman Forever was alright. Great insight into Bruce's past and psyche, if only Val Kilmer wasn't so dull. The Riddler stole the show completely, while Harvey Dent was the biggest disappointment. For someone called Two-Face, he was awfully one-dimensional. As for Batman & Robin, I think the pix above pretty much sum it up. Have to agree with sinestro_gl. Nothing could be worse than that. Ugh!

If I had to rank those four, my preference would be:

1. Batman Returns
  2. Batman Forever
  3. Batman
  4. Batman & Robin
Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Loading Video...

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, its not surprising that Batman movies are so polarizing.

In a lot of ways Batman Returns is the complete antithesis of Nolan's Batman movies.

• Nolan downplays the fantasy elements, rationalizes them, is ashamed of them, tries to cover them up with Jargon.
  • Burton highlights the fantasy elements and wears them like a badge, goes full-on fairytale or parable at times.

• Nolan leads the audience through his movies, explains everything, foreshadows everything ("oh, wouldn't it be terrible if this fell into the wrong hands, it could feasibly be turned into a bomb" etc etc), little is left to the imagination.
  • Burton is extremely ambiguous, many things are left to the imaginations of the audience, Returns is very open to interpretation.

• All of the character work in Nolan's movies is done with dialogue, characters stand around telling the audience how they feel.
  • All the character work in Burton's is done through actions, facial expressions, pauses, glances etc.
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Schumacher films were a joke

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Burton/Schumacher films are all bad. Returns being the worst. What a mess.

I must say though, despite what people think of and say about Batman & Robin, it's the most tonally consistent of the four. It embraces the campiness and isn't ashamed of it.

dagenspear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I think every Batman movie has its credible parts and ridiculous parts (except for B&R...that was just bad), I do respect Burton for giving Gotham City a great setting/set design , Even Batman Forever had its good parts

I have yet to think there is a penultimate Batman movie in terms of adapting the character perfectly.

How was it bad?

dagenspear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By dagenspear

@jloneblackheart said:
@Shadow_Thief

Sorry, but Shumacher lost me the moment he put Arnold in a lab coat and expected me to take it seriously.

Congratulations for making it passed Batman and Robin clicking their heels together and having ice skates in their boots

Batman opened up the front part of his utility belt in the animated series and pulled a big grappling hook out of it. Ice skates are fine. The victory is in the preparation.

Avatar image for themanofsteelprime
TheManofSteelPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't get over the bat nipples. So with that, I'll take Burton's Batman anytime.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're about even