#1 Posted by trebean (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously, any kind of comparing to the 90's Batman cartoon is null since the 90's cartoon hasn't been surpassed by any of the new comic book shows by far.

But will it gain it's own fandom?

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it will all shows do.

#3 Posted by trebean (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it will all shows do.

But apparently, all Post YJ and GL drones seems inept on badmouthing all new shows that DC releases.

Also by decent I mean, DC Cartoon decent, will it hold up the standard DC animated show value. (You know how DC is the best in super hero cartoons, will this show in anyway tarnish that? People say TT:Go! sucks, but then again half of their complaints are Post YJ and GL obsession, while the other half complains that the show is stupid)

#4 Edited by Vikings (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the animation looks pretty good. Bear in mind it will have different appearances for the villains (Batman too, not sure what I think of his mask's appearance), different voices, and everything else that comes with a new series. I'll probably try watching it, but think I'll spend a lot of time comparing it to TAS, which isn't fair to either. People don't typically like change, but I think it'll have a shot at building a fan base. Only time can tell.

TT: Go! on the other hand...

#5 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6349 posts) - - Show Bio

We can't know until we see it.

#6 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I fear it may be too childish for my tastes, but I'll give it a go (my 7 year old niece loves The Batman so this will be watched ad nauseum at my place regardless)... it's gonna be better than SpongeBob at any rate!

#7 Posted by sinestro_GL (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course it will be. DC haven't really disappointed with their Batman-centred animated shows.

#8 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the animation style, but it looks like it'll be a cool show.

#9 Posted by MuyJingo (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it 2 seasons, max.

#10 Edited by trebean (655 posts) - - Show Bio

@vikings said:

TT: Go! on the other hand...

NOOO! We have conflicting opinions! Now we are doomed to argue until we reach to a conclusion or get banned!

I understand why you don't like though, it's too childish, but it's crap filled with references and easter eggs. (C'mon that Wonder Twins Episode!)

#11 Edited by dcdyno (130 posts) - - Show Bio

if you see the ign sneak peak you might like it. I like the animation and villain choice. I hope they changed that thing with Alfred and the pistols after the initial reaction.

#12 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thing it has going for it is that it's nothing like Batman:TAS. Beware the Batman is really trying to do it's own thing and that makes it interesting.

It's all going to come down to the writing. They need to get the characters right and tell interesting stories. If they do that I think most fans would overlook any other problems they may have with the show.

If the number of threads about it is any indication the show should do well, despite the haters.

#13 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thing it has going for it is that it's nothing like Batman:TAS. Beware the Batman is really trying to do it's own thing and that makes it interesting.

It's all going to come down to the writing. They need to get the characters right and tell interesting stories. If they do that I think most fans would overlook any other problems they may have with the show.

If the number of threads about it is any indication the show should do well, despite the haters.

This I wouldn't want them to try and copy TAS without Dini and Timm it wouldn't be as good, at least this will be something new. I honestly think it'll be good.

#14 Posted by Vikings (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

NOOO! We have conflicting opinions! Now we are doomed to argue until we reach to a conclusion or get banned!

I understand why you don't like though, it's too childish, but it's crap filled with references and easter eggs. (C'mon that Wonder Twins Episode!)

I hate you already!

From the few episodes I've seen, it did seem to hold more depth in it than I first expected. I couldn't sit through the Looney Tunes-ish animation and the childish factor you mentioned for long to wait for those hints and references though. I think it does what it's trying to do well, but it isn't for me. It's the kind of show that appeals to children in particular, but has a few things hidden in it for the parents sitting alongside them in the living room to enjoy.

#15 Edited by batshrine (996 posts) - - Show Bio

More evidence for tomorrows action. This show is looking better and better!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/07/12/beware-the-batman-animated-series/2513533/

And this

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/07/new-video-clip-released-from-the-premiere-episode-of-beware-the-batman-2/

#16 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the 1st episode and I might stick around.

#17 Posted by lifeofvibe (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightfang: so did i and its better then i expected

#18 Edited by KingWillie (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually enjoyed the first episode myself. I was lookin forward to it honestly.

#19 Posted by RustyRoy (12809 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed the pilot, when did it premiere?

#20 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the Canadian 'toon channels picked it up? They usually pick up all of the Cartoon Network don't they?