Beware the Batman - is it any good???

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm still stuck that Batman the animated series was, and is the best Batman on t.v. Animation wise or even film. I feel the same for Justice League Unlimited for it's own reasons, but my point is this. I'm going to compare Beware the Batman to BTAS. BTAS was great because of the focusing on it's villains. Getting in their heads. Sympathy for them. Seeing why they're nuts. Does Beware do the same thing? Does it come off like a show for adults as much as kids? I tried it once and thought it was crap, and figured I'd wait and see what other people said. I didn't like Young Justice at first either, but I think that show goes toe to toe with Justice League and JLU. The voice over work isn't as good, but the story is there, and the action is there. I'm hoping Beware is the same. I'm not crazy about reviews on this site, at least not the ratings they give. they give to many posatives, so I want to what the memebers think.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By JairamGanpat

What you can do is watch the first episode and if you like it, go on to the next?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

In my opinion its been great so far. Im a couple episodes behind at this point but unless its taken a ridiculous downturn in quality the past 2 episodes then I can safely recommend it. Though it just sounds like your going to hate it no matter what. Just the fact that you said that you don't agree with the reviews of episodes that you haven't seen yet because they have too many positives tells me that much. If you do nothing but compare it to the old DCAU then you aren't going to enjoy it simply because you are looking for things to dislike no matter how conscious you may be of it.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes... it's prickly the 2nd or 3rd best batman toon series

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is a great show, it focuses on less known villains, and it does a great job. At first I didn't liked the CGI animation, but I got used to it, is a very good show.

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's meh

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Some of the villains have more depth than others so far, but it feels like a show for adults despite the guns.

It also has an ongoing story arc and character development between Batman, Alfred, and Katana.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

It has it's issues, but it's enjoyable and worth giving a chance.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I haven't seen any yet, but I still LOOL at their choice of rogues.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

It's really growing on me. The voice actor does a superb job in my opinion, the change pace is refreshing and it definitely shows off a well balanced Batman in terms of capabilities.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not like it at first but I am slowly getting to like it.

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually enjoy it.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I heard good things about it, but I am hesitant to give my time to it when it will inevitably be cancelled before they can enjoy its full potential.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It's ok. Nothing fantastic but it's pretty good.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By SupBatz

It's decent enough to watch but not a must see show. And certainly not the kind of show that gets you super-excited for the next episode, like Young Justice or Justice League.

And while the decision to use leser known villains is admirable, it is poorly handled in my opinion. There's definitely not a lot of, if any, getting inside the villains' heads and sympathizing for them. Not a single villain has truly stood out so far

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

nope. waste of money. a flash series would've been better.

NightHawk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the animation/art, but aside from that I enjoy it. Certainly won't come close to TAS, but I like it about as much as I liked The Batman (which was quite a bit; certainly more than Brave and the Bold).

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will never be Batman the Animated series, but its good for what it is. It's alright, but wouldn't hurt using some more well known Bat-villains. You don't have to use Joker or Catwoman, but maybe b-listers like Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Killer Moth, Ventriloquist, Hush, Mad Hatter, Doctor Hurt, KG Beast, etc. wouldn't hurt to have some more exposure.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

It's really growing on me. The voice actor does a superb job in my opinion, the change pace is refreshing and it definitely shows off a well balanced Batman in terms of capabilities.

Agreed. I love the voice for Batman in this series, he's becoming a personally favorite as I feel he knows how to play both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Agreed! I'm really starting to love Anthony Ruvivar's Batman voice.