Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Yup....................... Am I the only one NOT surprised by this? I mean I was STARTING to like it, but the fact remains I think this proves that people are getting sick of Batman shows. Let someone ELSE get a shot at a show!! Bring back Young Justice!! Or give Superman his own show!!! SOMETHING!!!

Anyway, here's the link to the article that confirmed it

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/21/report-beware-the-batman-pulled-from-cartoon-network-schedule/

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They needed room for another show that will annoy the s**t out of me.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I actually heard a rumor, it's just a rumor at this point, that they MAY be doing a full on Justice League cartoon.............. Based on the New 52 Justice League. I REALLY hope that's false.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

CN cancels every superhero show.

They cancelled GL which was really hitting it's stride. Such a great show. Bring Green Lantern back!

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@smart_dork_dude:

I think some people (meaning me) have already gotten sick of everything Batman.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the first episode. Liked it. Shame they had villians I didn't give two shakes about.

What we need is a Flash cartoon.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

That's a shame.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catsnlynne: I'm getting sick of him hogging the limelight. However I would be a liar if I said I wasn't excited for Arkham Origins

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I kind of saw this coming though since they pretty much said they wouldn't use like 90% of the characters that people aside from comic fans would really be eager to see. I'm sorry but a Batman series without Joker showing up at some point will never work outside of comics.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HAHAHA I TOLD YOU GUYS WOULD HAPPEN! WHY EVEN HAVE HOPE TO BEGIN WITH. A MAN WITHOUT HOPE IS A MAN WITHOUT NOTHING TO LOOSE.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey kids do you like Superhero cartoons?

So it sucks to be you kids, because we are only going to make Teen Titans Forever HAHAHAHA.....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing on the article says its cancelled, anyways its a good show so I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

@smart_dork_dude:

I think some people (meaning me) have already gotten sick of everything Batman.

These some people are very few.

PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That cartoon was weird as hell.

HAHAHA I TOLD YOU GUYS WOULD HAPPEN! WHY EVEN HAVE HOPE TO BEGIN WITH. A MAN WITHOUT HOPE IS A MAN WITHOUT NOTHING TO LOOSE.

That was deep, lol.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

They cancelled GL which was really hitting it's stride. Such a great show. Bring Green Lantern back!

Agreed man, loved that show.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mannequin

I thought it was on a hiatus until 2014?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That cartoon was weird as hell.

@dragonborn_ct said:

That was deep, lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I admit there's a trend between shows getting pulled from schedules and them being cancelled but it's too early to say that Beware the Batman is getting cancelled. In any case, perhaps WB are actually going to focus on a new cartoon not involving Batman. That'd be the closest thing to a real miracle as it gets.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't worry, if they do actually cancel the show they'll just make another batman show. everybody knows batman carries dc. hell batman is going to carry superman's man of steel 2. i wouldn't be surprised if they end up calling it batman/superman

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By HumanRocket

I'm not sad or anything I still have Batman TAMS to always go back to and relive my childhood.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mark_Stephen

There was a time when CN had a killer line up. I miss JL:U and Megas XLR, Samurai Jack and such. I was just beginning to like this one and I liked that they were using less known villains. Why bother to go to all of the expense to make and air them if they aren't going to follow up with a little time for the show to build an audience?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't care for the show. Don't care if it's cancelled or put on hiatus or whatever. I want a new show other than Batman. Flash, Superman, another GL show -cartoon not computerized-, or even a JLA show.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

GL GL GL GL GL

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: its on hiatus not cancelled but considering CNs past thats not far off, and if the reason it was cancelled is becuase people are sick of batman why where GL and YJ both cancelled even thou both have large groups of people who loved them. than you have to consider the McD toys are just coming out and a comic series is lunching tomarrow

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Gaff_
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

O sucks

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Hehehe! xD Caio is smart! =D

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't look to be official confirmation, but if (when) it's cancelled I won't be surprised.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tupiaz

Yup....................... Am I the only one NOT surprised by this? I mean I was STARTING to like it, but the fact remains I think this proves that people are getting sick of Batman shows. Let someone ELSE get a shot at a show!! Bring back Young Justice!! Or give Superman his own show!!! SOMETHING!!!

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/21/report-beware-the-batman-pulled-from-cartoon-network-schedule/

Nope this show can have gotten low viewings because of a several reasons. I think the reasons is that they didn't have any know villains in the show. What makes Batman a great character is that he could have became so many of his villains and therefore is what Batman could have been. However he is fighting what he did not become it is very much af mentally battle manifested in a physical world. When the series don't have any villains that can give that battle then the shows lacks one of the aspects that make Batman a great character.

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with OP

it was far from being a great show, but I'll miss it anyway

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cartoon Network is the reason i have trust issues

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Eh, even if it is cancelled, I won't lose any sleep, it wasn't that great to begin with.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Flash cartoon would be great. With Michael Rosenbaum doing the voice again. He just seems to fit better then Justin Chambers. Matt Bomer also did a great Superman as well, more down to earth and less scripted sounding then Tim Daly.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By infantfinite128

I'm sorry for people that liked it. I really liked the first couple episodes and then lost interest. I didn't enjoy any of the plots, new takes on characters, like Metamorpho, and hated the romantic humor. I won't miss it. Although I didn't watch much of it, I thought the Brave and the Bold was a good show and great for introducing kids to the DC Universe. I really enjoyed the Aquaman and Green Arrow stuff.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not true- if it was good- and they used main villians instead of b-listers and was more colorful( due to the animation) people arent sick of batman shows- this show in particular was a bad and rather boring interpretation of batman- so it failed

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a rumor. It was pulled but no reason has been given and it could return

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched a few episodes and didn't really like it. Still I have a feeling that the main reason why it's not doing so well is the lack of advertisement. There's barley been any ads for this show at all, the only reason I knew it existed was because of the internet. I hope what the creators said about this show (basically that if it failed CN might stop doing action shows at all, which I'd only be okay with if it means DC will put their shows on another station) isn't true.

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Cartoon Network needs better management.

This show wasn't cancelled because of bad ratings, but because Cartoon Network despises Action Shows and basically won't give a chance.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just make a JL cartoon. Its the obvious choice

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#42  Edited By Black_Claw

And this proves that an Action Show has no chance of surviving on Cartoon Network unless it has "Ben 10" in the title. Oh well, I never liked this show anyway. Good riddance.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They should do a DCU Presents cartoon.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMDB only lists two more episodes as existing. I think it probably will be cancelled after those two air early next year. I never watched it and I'll tell you why. I'm assuming many others did not watch it for the same reason I didn't. There are two reasons.

1) After the abrupt cancellation of Young Justice, which was ridiculously awesome, I did not want to once again become invested in a show, only for it to be cancelled prematurely.

2) This show was trying to be the new Batman: The Animated Series story-telling wise. It really did not hit the mark. Its failed attempts at such were its stories' downfall. By eventually focusing on the League of Assassins as a grand lurking threat, it began to develop into something better. But that was too little, too late. And when I say it began to get better, I don't mean its quality quickly rose in leaps and bounds. No, not quite as slow but more akin to Nocenti's current Katana series. In the past few months it's slowly getting slightly better, but not nearly enough to stray from its horrible status quo. Well, now Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins have been mentioned in Arrow. I'm excited for that. Malcolm Merlyn is so going to be resurrected by a Lazarus Pit. And Coulson's an LMD. There haven't been many true surprises lately. Like in Red Hood and the Outlaws when the character manipulating the Untitled was revealed to be Ra's al Ghul. Anyway, I digress.

Many folks have commented on how the reason Young Justice was cancelled was due to lack of toy sales. While I haven't heard any official confirmation of this, I will roll with this. If you can't sell figures from a series featuring such a wide array of characters, how do you expect to sell more from a series about Batman, Batman, and Batman? Who wants seven Batman figure just with different armors or accessories? I didn't buy YJ figures because I spent so much money collecting as many JLU figures as I could and didn't want to get entrenched in spending equal amounts of money on another line when I already have all these figures. The only thing that would ever make me want to purchase more figures would be if they continued to do them in the same style as the JLU ones. Basically just continuing the line with a different name. They would've been able to feature characters who appeared in YJ but not the Timm-verse, such as Icon and Black Lightning, as well as YJ designs of some characters who looked markedly different in that than in JLU. Vandal Savage comes to mind. Unfortunately, the people who make decisions, whether as to how to make figures, what shows to cancel, whether or not to reboot the entire DCU in September of 2011, what writers are allowed to do in the series they are writing (although I do understand some things are obviously off the table), or why each colored Lantern Corps, each member of the Trinity of Sin, and each supporting Batman character need their own series, while Demon Knights, Threshold, JLA's Vibe, etc. get cancelled, are stubborn and pig-headed and obviously think what we, that fans want is very different from what we actually want. I mean sure, there's always going to be a large groups both supporting and opposing those decisions. For example many folks now claim that anyone still bitter about the New 52 reboot are too resistant to change. i myself am quite upset because we'll never know what might have been. There was still an opportunity-rich storytelling gold-mine on several of the titles. JSA, REBELS, and, Action Comic come to mind. Also Brightest Day had set up great plotlines for Hawkman, Firestorm, Aquaman, JLI, and Swamp Thing that we will never see. Wow, I have completely digressed again. Ha ha!

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for superhero cartoons, the more the better, but I couldn't get behind this one at all and I have kinda sat through them all

Avatar image for thedevilstitans
thedevilstitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thedevilstitans

i knew this show would go bad . so i hope they bring back young justice. plz buy there game its out now!!!!!

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

GL was great. My son and I love it. Stuck watching it on youtube. Tried Beware it was ok at best. Maybe CN will bring back GL!!

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By LyraFay

I miss when Cartoon Network had a mixture of awesome and interesting cartoons. Now its just blah!! Oh, well thank god for the internet where we watch it glory days!!

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TazzMission

@lyrafay said:

I miss when Cartoon Network had a mixture of awesome and interesting cartoons. Now its just blah!! Oh, well thank god for the internet where we watch it glory days!!

i can say the same for the scifi channel in regards to good scifi shows and not this crappy made for tv movie bs...................

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to see YJ come back.