Batman Zero Year Tie-In Titles Announced?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi Everyone.

I've just seen this picture in

a Zero Year related article,

and it seems to tell us which titles will be involved:

No Caption Provided

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but this is the first I've seen anything like this anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Scarlotte.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

NO!! Why Detective? Isn't one Batman title enough to explain the origin of Batman? And I thought Action already had zero year issues.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I am kind of confused by it. I don't read Detective, but I thought it was pretty much just another Batman comic. Maybe they're using it as a platform for another character or something.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Why would they need 'Tec to introduce another character? Wasn't YZ supposed to take place in Batman only at first? I like 'Tec more than Batman and I knew this was going to happen. And what about Action Comics? I thought Superman's origin was already explained there. I hope its only a false rumor.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@rustyroy:

Oh, I meant they might use it to show the origin/past of a Batman related character, like a Commissioner Gordon issue or something.

I don't read Action Comics. Maybe it'll add something to it, or fill in any gaps.

Edited: It seems this isn't a rumour as it was announced at an official DC event.

Slightly clearer picture:

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don't like the idea, 'Tec is supposed to follow its own storyline, if Gordon or others need an issue give them a separate issue in Batman.

I won't be picking up AC and I thought Batman/Superman got that covered. Anyways thanks for the info.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: These kind of things make me want to drop all these titles and read some independent titles, that's why I like Hawkeye much more.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@rustyroy said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: These kind of things make me want to drop all these titles and read some independent titles, that's why I like Hawkeye much more.

Yeah, titles being interrupted whenever an event comes along doesn't seem like a great idea to me. I wonder if these will be full arcs or just a couple of issues each.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy said:

Yeah, titles being interrupted whenever an event comes along doesn't seem like a great idea to me. I wonder if these will be full arcs or just a couple of issues each.

I don't know and I don't care anymore, if they turn the new Batman 666 miniseries into an ongoing then I'm going to drop all Batman titles and read only that one.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: what does the GLC, Flash and Superman have to do with batmans origin ?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@rustyroy said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@rustyroy said:

I don't know and I don't care anymore, if they turn the new Batman 666 miniseries into an ongoing then I'm going to drop all Batman titles and read only that one.

At least they probably wouldn't be able to tie that into events. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried though.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: what does the GLC, Flash and Superman have to do with batmans origin ?

Probably nothing, but supposedly their stories will take place at the same time as Batmans'.

"Didio informed retailers that these stories were not manufactured as crossover titles just for the sake of crossing over and spreading out the success of Batman, but that these writers and creators had expressed a genuine interest in writing a story that occurs at the same time as Zero Year."

Sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I saw that image a few days back on CBR and I assumed they were zero year issues for those series and those characters with no link to the Batman Zero year story, I mean how do you tie GLC into zero year and why would you bring green arrow or Action in ?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I will not purposely go out of my way to get tie-ins for Zero Year. If they happen to be in a book I'm getting anyway, so be it.

Snyder clearly stated in the beginning that he didn't intend for people to piggy-back the event this time around. What that tells me, is there's just going to be more lazy tie-ins where other writers "mail it in" like many did with the CotO and DotF events. Won't fool me thrice.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To hell with DC and their shitty gimmicks!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By the_tree

This is so stupid, that's what the freaking 0 Month was for!

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Birds of prey? F'ing stupid!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Pretty sure this is not interconnected stories, just the similar origin (re)telling theme, much like with what happened during Zero Month.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The series itself, or it having Zero Year issues?

@the_tree said:

What if a single issue just wasn't enough though? This could work out O.K.

@mercy_ said:

Pretty sure this is not interconnected stories, just the similar origin (re)telling theme, much like with what happened during Zero Month.

Yeah, but I imagine putting the Zero Year branding on them might trick a few completists into buying extra comics.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 big stories in batman and 3 cross overs then drag out and ruin the stories. Thank you dc for fucking with a story just to get extra cash

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get your Batman out of my Green Arrow.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@xwraith said:

Get your Batman out of my Green Arrow.

He's not necessarily in it though. It seems that it's just stories that take place at the same time as Zero Year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: I don't actually read Green Arrow, so I can't really comment on the quality. Isn't it a little soon to retcon things though?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose: Maybe, but most people (including me) will tell you to ignore anything before Lemire and Sorrentino started.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown said:

The series itself, or it having Zero Year issues?

@the_tree said:

What if a single issue just wasn't enough though? This could work out O.K.

@mercy_ said:

Yeah, but I imagine putting the Zero Year branding on them might trick a few completists into buying extra comics.

Having it tie in with batman.

I prob will get them all regardless, I like to have complete story arcs, screw you DC for taking more money from me! Oh well, i still enjoy new 52.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: Batman won't necessarily be in their issues though.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dud317

I get how Snyder is killing it for DC and Vertigo, but this much influence in other books is unnecessary as just a gimmick. How the hell is he tying in with Batwing, who was part of INC. years after Bruce became Batman. It seems like Snyder is climbing of the chain of influence at DC, and maybe before we know it, it will be 10 years and a expanded Batman; similar to that of Geoff Johns and his Green Lantern.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@dud317: I get the feeling that other writer may just want to piggyback on the success of a prominent Batman story, even if Batman isn't going to be in the tie-ins.

Also, DC seems to be desperate to make Batwing a strong selling title, and it's not working. Maybe this is a way to try and bring in some more readers.