#1 Edited by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this all taking place on earth 2? Some ppl here are saying it does, but never was earth 2 mentioned in issue 1, im confused, can someone explain?

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

The last 3rd of the first issue takes place on Earth 2. Supes is transported there by Trickster.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (15852 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you spell the name of the forum wrong? Lol

#4 Edited by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, I'll have to re-read it, so is there 2 bruce waynes then? Typo, my bad lol

#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, the writer said the first arc would take place on Earth 2. But it didn't mention it in the book yet.

#6 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this canon?

#7 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay

#9 Posted by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

So im guessing "earth 1" is the real deal, all this parallel worlds make my head spin, which is why I havent touched the earth 2 series yet, are this all different persons being the same heroes from earth 1? ....prob not since action comics issue 9 had a different superman whose name was not clark. DC confusing me a lot!

#10 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

DCnU primary universe is Earth 0 or New Earth or Earth Prime...

We don't know much about Earth 2's Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in terms of exact timeline. We do however know that the spectrum of earth 2 is going to be different than Earth 0 with the emotional Spectrum. We also know that Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman were active for about 15-20 years at the minimum because Helena is at least 14 which means all the Batman/Catwoman thing had to happen and then Wonder Woman had a daughter who is like 18 which could have only happened after she left Thamyscira. Also Superman seems to have been well established long before Supergirl popped up and she mentions that arrival being decades apart.

Keep in mind also that Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Robin/Supergirl were well established in 2002 when Darkseid attacked and we also know Wonder Woman's daughter was not. This means that she's younger than the other two...

As to when and where this is taking place... It's happening in several different points of time as far as I can tell. Batman is using a suit that is different than what he uses currently and seems more advanced so he may be from a time in the future of the DCnU. Superman on the other hand seems to be from early Action Comics... Also timeline wise, the early scene happens 6 years ago during or slightly before Batman Year Zero.

Also it seems to me that even though Superman is wearing his early days costume Batman knows who he is but hasn't seen him in tat costume before which indicates that there is an out of time thing or a mind manipulation thing of the characters...

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole thing was in the main DC Earth but the last few pages took place in Earth 2.

#12 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Jayc1324 (13543 posts) - - Show Bio

The last pages take place in earth 2 as superman has been transported there and he beats up the batman of earth 2.

#14 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic itself does not say any of that.

I really enjoyed the art and the fight scenes, but I did not like the confusion.

Which Superman did we see? Earth Prime? Earth 1? Or Earth 2?

And which Batman was in the first half?

This is why I dislike multiverse.

#15 Posted by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

I too dislike all this multiverse nonsense, who the heck came up with it? Is plain stupid and a way for DC to create other series just to make a quick buck.

#16 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea of multiverses and what comes with them...they're awesome >.>

I really enjoyed the art and the fight scenes, but I did not like the confusion.

That's actually where the confusion comes in....If you didn't read spoiler-filled reviews like I did,it's actually very hard to know what happened.Although it will obviously get cleared up in the next issue,it's still confusing.

The Superman in the entire comic was the main Earth-prime Superman

The (Past) Earth Prime Batman was in the first half.Then Earth 2 Batman in the later half in Smallville (you can actually see the costume)

#17 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea of multiverses and what comes with them...they're awesome >.>

@moon_bat_87 said:

That's actually where the confusion comes in....If you didn't read spoiler-filled reviews like I did,it's actually very hard to know what happened.Although it will obviously get cleared up in the next issue,it's still confusing.

The Superman in the entire comic was the main Earth-prime Superman

The (Past) Earth Prime Batman was in the first half.Then Earth 2 Batman in the later half in Smallville (you can actually see the costume)

Thank you so much for clearing that up.

#18 Posted by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

so does superman realize hes been transported to earth 2? does batman in earth 2 realize he is fighting superman from earth 1? Is batman from earth 2 a different bruce wayne or a whole different person?

#19 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

so does superman realize hes been transported to earth 2? does batman in earth 2 realize he is fighting superman from earth 1? Is batman from earth 2 a different bruce wayne or a whole different person?

So many questions....Again this is why I dislike multiverse.

#20 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No he does not realize.They do not even know what Earth 2 is.....

2. He does not.That is why he confuses Earth Prime Clark for his Clark.

3. Earth 2 Batman is A Bruce Wayne.He is a different one from ours.

#21 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown said:

But wait, Earth 2 Batman is dead....

So was Superman (Earth Prime) sent from his past to Earth 2 in the past before they all died.

I realize that sounds obtuse, just making clarifications.

Also is Earth Prime considered Earth 1? Or is there Earth 1 and Earth Prime? And is there a difference between Earth 2 and Earth Two?

Maybe the reason I dislike the multiverse is because it is confusing.

#22 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@al_capown said:

So was Superman (Earth Prime) sent from his past to Earth 2 in the past before they all died.

I realize that sounds obtuse, just making clarifications.

Also is Earth Prime considered Earth 1? Or is there Earth 1 and Earth Prime? And is there a difference between Earth 2 and Earth Two?

Maybe the reason I dislike the multiverse is because it is confusing.

Yeah,it's in the past.Hence the also younger Batman and Superman (from Earth prime). But it all takes place in the pst.

Which Earth Two,pre new 52?

I don't think that exists anymore.I think the new 52 wiped that out.

Also,I call it Earth prime because that's what you're calling it.I would assume that that's what it is,but if you like you can just call it the DCNU or something like that....

#23 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah,it's in the past.Hence the also younger Batman and Superman (from Earth prime). But it all takes place in the pst.

Which Earth Two,pre new 52?

I don't think that exists anymore.I think the new 52 wiped that out.

Also,I call it Earth prime because that's what you're calling it.I would assume that that's what it is,but if you like you can just call it the DCNU or something like that....

Okay thanks.

So there is pretty much Earth 1 (Prime) and Earth 2. Cool thanks for the clarification.

#24 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

The last few pages take place on Earth 2. Supes was transported to Earth 2 and fought Earth 2 Batman, not knowing that he was transported to another universe. We can also assume Batman was also sent to Earth 2. We just don't know where yet

#25 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe... He's shown up in the present...

#26 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

So im guessing "earth 1" is the real deal, all this parallel worlds make my head spin, which is why I havent touched the earth 2 series yet, are this all different persons being the same heroes from earth 1? ....prob not since action comics issue 9 had a different superman whose name was not clark. DC confusing me a lot!

earth 0 is the real deal. Earth one is another alternate world

#27 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown said:

Wait....what? I thought there was Earth Prime (One or 1) and then Earth Two....What comics focus on Earth 1?

#28 Posted by Al_capOWN (538 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown said:

Really? so all the new52 stuff takes place on earth 0?

#29 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

This seemed fairly simple to me. I dont know how you lot are getting confused?

#30 Posted by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to pick up this title but from what I've heard this is probably going to be a Superman book with Batman as a supporting character, maybe thats why its listed in Superman group of titles, definitely not picking this up.

#31 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

@al_capown said:

Wait....what? I thought there was Earth Prime (One or 1) and then Earth Two....What comics focus on Earth 1?

Batman:Earth 1 and Superman:Earth 1 are elseworlds stories . Earth Prime is Earth 0. Earth 1 and 2 are alternate worlds

#32 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

The Young Justice animated tv show is Earth 16. Earth 0, 1, 2, 16, and 23 we know what is in those universe according DC canon...

#33 Posted by Jayc1324 (13543 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I have always felt that most batman superman books are. And now in the justice league it seems like batman is just a supporting character, superman is the most important, and Wonder Woman is just the love interest. But batman/superman is good and has equal amounts of each character, and both are vital to the story. I suggest reading at least issues 1 and 2 when it comes out to give it a try. I'm a batman fan and it satisfied me!

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (14037 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I was actually very excited for this, but I'm sick of watching Superman beating the crap out of Batman everytime they meet and in this one he actually gets to beat up two Batmen, I'm sure this will heavily be a Superman book with Batman as a side character. I'm gonna wait for atleast 10 issues, if its good then I''ll buy the TPB.