#1 Posted by Al_capOWN (535 posts) - - Show Bio

So...whats the word out there? I know is a new series launching in June, seems to be no hype over it? Anyone know anything about the write/artist/etc..? Im hearing all this superman unchained hype everywhere but nothing on batman/superman. Does the community not expect this series to be great??

thoughts?

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

It's written by Greg Pak and drawn by Jae Lee. The first arc is set a few year in the past when Superman and Batman meet for the first time. I'm pretty excited about the series and I know quite a few others who are too.

#3 Posted by tec79 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

An ongoing featuring a great creative team and both Batman and Superman, a lot to be excited about at least initially. I would recommend Pak's Hulk work and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four work with Grant Morrison, this will give anyone a good idea of both their respective writing and art style. I believe the first arc will deal with the characters going to Earth 2 after that I am not sure if the book will deal with any history the two had previous to JL #1 right away. I am hoping to see something that would give us some background on why Batman was so willing to rescue Superman from Apokolips during Darkseid's invasion and also helps to develope perhaps DCU'S most important friendship.

#4 Posted by RustyRoy (13234 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no hype about it because DC isn't promoting it like they promoted JLA #1 but that's a good thing I guess cause JLA #2 dropped 2/3 in sales compared to #1.

#5 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6419 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

There's no hype about it because DC isn't promoting it like they promoted JLA #1 but that's a good thing I guess cause JLA #2 dropped 2/3 in sales compared to #1.

I think it dropped so much because #2 didn't have 52 variant covers available.

#6 Posted by RustyRoy (13234 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: That''s one reason. I'm sure even if they had 52 variants for #2 it wouldn't have sold that well. People like to collect 1st issues.

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6419 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Al_capOWN (535 posts) - - Show Bio

So this series will pretty much focus on batman and superman meeting prior to JL issue #1 (new 52)? I personally prefer to buy 1st issues instead of the variant covers but I have seen some pretty neat Jim Lee variant covers out there.

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (13234 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown: Which one are you talking about? I haven't seen Jim Lee's covers for this yet.

#10 Posted by Al_capOWN (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for this series, but for other new 52 series, Ive seen some JL lee variants that look better than the original covers.

#11 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait they're my favorite duo of all time.

#12 Posted by batshrine (999 posts) - - Show Bio

This will sell better than JLA, they don't need to hype it up. As far as the creative team, I think they will definitely tell a really cool story.

#14 Edited by thejman1990 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

It's written by Greg Pak and drawn by Jae Lee. The first arc is set a few year in the past when Superman and Batman meet for the first time. I'm pretty excited about the series and I know quite a few others who are too.

- They met for the first time in JL 1.

- Regardless, i don't really care for this series.

#15 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it by Jim Lee or Jae Lee? I hope it's Jae. I find Superman is the most interesting/entertaining when he is teamed up with Batman.