Batman/Superman

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So...whats the word out there? I know is a new series launching in June, seems to be no hype over it? Anyone know anything about the write/artist/etc..? Im hearing all this superman unchained hype everywhere but nothing on batman/superman. Does the community not expect this series to be great??

thoughts?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's written by Greg Pak and drawn by Jae Lee. The first arc is set a few year in the past when Superman and Batman meet for the first time. I'm pretty excited about the series and I know quite a few others who are too.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An ongoing featuring a great creative team and both Batman and Superman, a lot to be excited about at least initially. I would recommend Pak's Hulk work and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four work with Grant Morrison, this will give anyone a good idea of both their respective writing and art style. I believe the first arc will deal with the characters going to Earth 2 after that I am not sure if the book will deal with any history the two had previous to JL #1 right away. I am hoping to see something that would give us some background on why Batman was so willing to rescue Superman from Apokolips during Darkseid's invasion and also helps to develope perhaps DCU'S most important friendship.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no hype about it because DC isn't promoting it like they promoted JLA #1 but that's a good thing I guess cause JLA #2 dropped 2/3 in sales compared to #1.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@rustyroy said:

There's no hype about it because DC isn't promoting it like they promoted JLA #1 but that's a good thing I guess cause JLA #2 dropped 2/3 in sales compared to #1.

I think it dropped so much because #2 didn't have 52 variant covers available.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: That''s one reason. I'm sure even if they had 52 variants for #2 it wouldn't have sold that well. People like to collect 1st issues.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this series will pretty much focus on batman and superman meeting prior to JL issue #1 (new 52)? I personally prefer to buy 1st issues instead of the variant covers but I have seen some pretty neat Jim Lee variant covers out there.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: Which one are you talking about? I haven't seen Jim Lee's covers for this yet.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for this series, but for other new 52 series, Ive seen some JL lee variants that look better than the original covers.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can't wait they're my favorite duo of all time.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This will sell better than JLA, they don't need to hype it up. As far as the creative team, I think they will definitely tell a really cool story.

thejman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thejman1990

It's written by Greg Pak and drawn by Jae Lee. The first arc is set a few year in the past when Superman and Batman meet for the first time. I'm pretty excited about the series and I know quite a few others who are too.

- They met for the first time in JL 1.

- Regardless, i don't really care for this series.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Breadspread

Is it by Jim Lee or Jae Lee? I hope it's Jae. I find Superman is the most interesting/entertaining when he is teamed up with Batman.