#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32620 posts) - - Show Bio

May 2014's 48-page Secret Origins #2 will feature three new New 52 origin tales, including Aquaman by Jeff Parker,Starfire by Scott Lobdell, and Batman by Ray Fawkes. According to DC, artwork will be done by Paul Pelletier, Sean Parsons, Paulo Siqueira, and others (although DC didn't specify which artist was drawing what story).

May's SECRET ORIGIN #2 To Tell BATMAN's New 52 ORIGIN

#2 Posted by MaccyD (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that was the point of Zero Year?

Which might I add, is still ongoing.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32620 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Zero Year was just Bruce first venture as Batman, this will be about the actual night his parents are murdered.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (38505 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh.

#5 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY

#6 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@maccyd said:

I thought that was the point of Zero Year?

Which might I add, is still ongoing.

Some people might not be reading Zero Year. This Secret Origins thing might be a nice little summary.

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah crud I just posted this, didn't see this one was made before. Damn forum bugs -.-

#8 Posted by BlackRobin195 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe his Secret Origins story is set before Zero Year, and I believe it's going to center around Crime Alley and young Bruce Wayne. Also, I'm loving that Bermejo cover.

#9 Posted by Experio (14100 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#10 Edited by lifeofvibe (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

: this this is stupid but since this has starfire ill be getting it

#11 Edited by dagmar_merrill (6475 posts) - - Show Bio

Pointless.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32620 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Jayc1324 (9224 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Stuff about the night his parents were murdered was in zero year too.

#14 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5853 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused.... Batman has an origin story already but want to remake because.... Why?

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32620 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by batzilla (86 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19: I'm pretty sure they're not going to remake his origin, they're only going to show us a side of his origin that we've never seen before. Or at least re-tell his tragic tale so we can all remember the abrupt emotional experience that changed his life forever

#19 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32620 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

meh... i will still buy it thou just cant help myself when it has Batman in it

#23 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

wait Starfire written by Lobdell... you just dont learn do you DC

#24 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

Bermejo cover!

#25 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayc1324 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Stuff about the night his parents were murdered was in zero year too.

It's been mentioned and spoken about, but we have yet to see the actual night Bruce's parent's were killed. Zero Year jumped right in with Bruce having just returned to Gotham and starting his war on crime as an unnamed vigilante, but never explored the night his parent's died. So if this story is going to focus on that night then I feel it would go hand-in-hand with what Snyder's currently doing in Zero Year.

#26 Posted by lifeofvibe (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: READ IT AND FIND OUT WHY DONTA? but go ahead and judge before youve read it

#27 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: sorry but everything Lobdell wrights is crap so i dought this will change my mind

#28 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: @patrickborkland: Well that's "Pointless" and useless and ridiculous and a money making scam.

This Secret Origins series isn't really for veteran DC comic book goers, it's for people who are new and may not know the stories yet.

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (8075 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler

Now you dont need to buy it for the Batman segment.

#30 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32620 posts) - - Show Bio

@alertcircuit: Well to b fair nobody k owns the stories anymore, I mean it might be similar to the pre-flashpoint one but it's not going to b th same.

#31 Posted by Jayc1324 (9224 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I don't see why a story is needed about the night his parents since zero year already covered his vengeful attitude, hatred towards Gordon, anger... Not seeing what else this could tell us

#32 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by lifeofvibe (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth:

you obviously haven't read red hood and the outlaws 18 then

#34 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

???

#35 Posted by RustyRoy (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool.

#36 Edited by Azrael_Online (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Because there's always some jerk that wants remake, excuse me, that stupid word they like to use that basically means screw everything up, 're-imagine' the idea for a different time.