What do you guys think of the first chapter of Batman's new origin story?
Things I liked:
- The stunt with the truck
- The disguises
- There was actual detective work, or hints of it
- The backup story
- So far nothing too major seems to have been overwritten.
Things I didn't like
- Still not a fan of the Red Hood being changed so dramatically. I think it takes a lot away from the Joker origin story.
- Not real a fan of the sinister Uncle Philip arc
- Not pleased how fast things have been sped up, but whatever.
- Batman giving the finger
I liked the opening issue more than Court of owls and far, far more than DOTF. I'm actually expecting the next one to be decent.