• 52 results
#1 Edited by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the characters in the DC or Marvel universe, Batman is the one who most consistently punches above his weight. Its something that his fans love and his detractors hate! What we love about Batman is that despite being "only human" he doesn't shy away from anyone or anything. Anyway, I thought I would start an appreciation thread showing examples of some of his battles with more powerful opponents. Please add yours.

Yep, he's mixed it with the best and with surprising results sometimes!!

#2 Edited by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

Of all the characters in the DC or Marvel universe, Batman is the one who most consistently punches above his weight. Its something that his fans love and his detractors hate! What we love about Batman is that despite being "only human" he doesn't shy away from anyone or anything. Anyway, I thought I would start an appreciation thread showing examples of some of his battles with more powerful opponents. Please add yours.

Yep, he's mixed it with the best and with surprising results sometimes!!

In the new 52 he was capable of holding the weight of like 2 full grown men with 1 arm.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

All his victories against Superman are due to kryptonite, that's not a feat that's poisoning a dude.

#4 Posted by Saren (25669 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint Batman one-shotted Wonder Woman with a blow to the stomach during the early days of the League.

#5 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised that nobody posted that spectre scan yet

#6 Posted by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

All his victories against Superman are due to kryptonite, that's not a feat that's poisoning a dude.

this

Pre-Flashpoint Batman one-shotted Wonder Woman with a blow to the stomach during the early days of the League.

Ok,no offense,but I think that that is a silly feat....

#7 Posted by dondave (37294 posts) - - Show Bio

What storyarc are those scans from?

#8 Posted by Jayc1324 (12201 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I would like to know where those are from, looks kinda funny

#9 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread will probably give a few of his haters on the site strokes.

#10 Posted by Saren (25669 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by dondave (37294 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Jayc1324 (12201 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by RustyRoy (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

this

Just like Superman fighting Batman is like going against a handicapped guy.

#14 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Pretty much, yes. Though if we're going with a true scale power difference its like Mike Tyson fighting a handicapped house cat.

#15 Edited by RustyRoy (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Pretty much, yes. Though if we're going with a true scale power difference its like Mike Tyson fighting a handicapped house cat.

Yes and that's why using kryptonite should be not considered as poisoning or cheating.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I didn't say it was cheating but it actually is poisoning, that's not an opinion that is a factual statement because kryptonite works by giving Superman instant radiation poisoning. But it still isn't really a feat because anyone can do it if they have access to kryptonite.

#17 Edited by JoeEddie (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely bad writing. Probably happens all the time. People punch Wolverine when they should be breaking their hand.

#18 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

That LOL at the end made me laugh :D

#19 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving the lol.

#20 Posted by Jayc1324 (12201 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how you only lol'ed at Diana

#21 Edited by consolemaster001 (5560 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS FTW !

#22 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm said:

PIS FTW !

Notice how Spectre says UNGH, that means it hurt him lol.

#24 Edited by RustyRoy (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I didn't say it was cheating but it actually is poisoning, that's not an opinion that is a factual statement because kryptonite works by giving Superman instant radiation poisoning. But it still isn't really a feat because anyone can do it if they have access to kryptonite.

You made it sound like it was unfair, and maybe anyone can do it but a few have one of which is Batman.

#25 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (2133 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#26 Edited by Jayc1324 (12201 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy this thread was bumped

#27 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324:

I'm happy you bumped my thread. My family gives me loads of stick for loving Batman as they say he is rubbish...I disagree!!

#28 Edited by PapiNacho (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

A few contributions:

#29 Posted by MuyJingo (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@jayc1324:

I'm happy you bumped my thread. My family gives me loads of stick for loving Batman as they say he is rubbish...I disagree!!

A thread like this is useful. People try to downplay Batman saying other characters reguarly beat ppl who are stronger than them, when Batman does this every second issue.

Nice to have it all in one place.

#30 Posted by lifeofvibe (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho: plus 1 for how much i hate the new gods and orion in general and a pluse 1 for how much i love batman

#31 Posted by RustyRoy (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by lifeofvibe (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: simple BECAUSE THERE A BUCH OF PREJUDICE STUPID LOOKING ASSHOLES DIE NEW GODS DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! any idea of them getting there own series (wich they are) makes me sick to my stomach

#33 Posted by JetiiMitra (8611 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a celebration, this is a halfhearted pat on the back. I was expecting scan dumps and butthurt, I'm disappointed.

#34 Posted by Toastergeist (237 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is really pointless.

#35 Edited by PapiNacho (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitrageist: You have inspired me sir so here go some more scans.

Batman stalemating Firestorm in a Hazamat suit

Batman out planning Lex Luthor

Batman punching out Circe:

#36 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Tohoma (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal favorite.

#38 Edited by PapiNacho (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent one I just found were Batman literally threatens the Spectre and that is enough for the spirit of vengeance to leave Gotham.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (42132 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Edited by PapiNacho (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: If you think that is hardcore observe this one:

One of my favorites which I have been looking for, for a while.

#41 Edited by Wolverine08 (42132 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing says badass more than kicking a crippled man down the stairs.

#43 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

..I think its funny I started this OP some time ago, when recently I have been arguing with a Batman fan on another thread and some of his strength feats are PIS! Has anyone got any scans from TDKR coz that whole book is about him punching above his weight..

#44 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

how dare he hits women...

#45 Posted by lifeofvibe (3481 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: If you think that is hardcore observe this one:

One of my favorites which I have been looking for, for a while.

Wow, did he really tag the Flash?! When did this happen!

#47 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter how you get the job done, a win is a win! Without super-powers how else can he take down DC's most powerful hero?

#48 Posted by PapiNacho (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: JLA Classified, Starro took over most of the powered JL members because he thought they were the only threat. Batman knowing that his enemies would come at him with super speed messed with the ventilation in the room to drop the temperature. Possessed Wally got in the room only a few second later realizing that he could no longer mover as fast and Batman punched until he regained his senses. Read the dialogue it's actually pretty awesome, one of my favorite Batman moments.

#49 Posted by Bezza (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho:

Nice one! So many Batman stories I should read and this is clearly one of them!

#50 Edited by lifeofvibe (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho: this one of the many things that proove grant morrison created batgod