#1 Edited by Bezza (2131 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the characters in the DC or Marvel universe, Batman is the one who most consistently punches above his weight. Its something that his fans love and his detractors hate! What we love about Batman is that despite being "only human" he doesn't shy away from anyone or anything. Anyway, I thought I would start an appreciation thread showing examples of some of his battles with more powerful opponents. Please add yours.

Yep, he's mixed it with the best and with surprising results sometimes!!

#2 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

Of all the characters in the DC or Marvel universe, Batman is the one who most consistently punches above his weight. Its something that his fans love and his detractors hate! What we love about Batman is that despite being "only human" he doesn't shy away from anyone or anything. Anyway, I thought I would start an appreciation thread showing examples of some of his battles with more powerful opponents. Please add yours.

Yep, he's mixed it with the best and with surprising results sometimes!!

In the new 52 he was capable of holding the weight of like 2 full grown men with 1 arm.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

All his victories against Superman are due to kryptonite, that's not a feat that's poisoning a dude.

#4 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint Batman one-shotted Wonder Woman with a blow to the stomach during the early days of the League.

#5 Edited by Strongarm (5523 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised that nobody posted that spectre scan yet

#6 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

All his victories against Superman are due to kryptonite, that's not a feat that's poisoning a dude.

this

Pre-Flashpoint Batman one-shotted Wonder Woman with a blow to the stomach during the early days of the League.

Ok,no offense,but I think that that is a silly feat....

#7 Posted by dondave (26629 posts) - - Show Bio

What storyarc are those scans from?

#8 Posted by Jayc1324 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I would like to know where those are from, looks kinda funny

#9 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread will probably give a few of his haters on the site strokes.

#10 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by dondave (26629 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Jayc1324 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by RustyRoy (9215 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

this

Just like Superman fighting Batman is like going against a handicapped guy.

#14 Edited by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Pretty much, yes. Though if we're going with a true scale power difference its like Mike Tyson fighting a handicapped house cat.

#15 Edited by RustyRoy (9215 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Pretty much, yes. Though if we're going with a true scale power difference its like Mike Tyson fighting a handicapped house cat.

Yes and that's why using kryptonite should be not considered as poisoning or cheating.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I didn't say it was cheating but it actually is poisoning, that's not an opinion that is a factual statement because kryptonite works by giving Superman instant radiation poisoning. But it still isn't really a feat because anyone can do it if they have access to kryptonite.

#17 Edited by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely bad writing. Probably happens all the time. People punch Wolverine when they should be breaking their hand.

#18 Posted by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

That LOL at the end made me laugh :D

#19 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving the lol.

#20 Posted by Jayc1324 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how you only lol'ed at Diana

#21 Edited by consolemaster001 (4475 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS FTW !

#22 Posted by Strongarm (5523 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by BigCimmerian (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm said:

PIS FTW !

Notice how Spectre says UNGH, that means it hurt him lol.

#24 Edited by RustyRoy (9215 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I didn't say it was cheating but it actually is poisoning, that's not an opinion that is a factual statement because kryptonite works by giving Superman instant radiation poisoning. But it still isn't really a feat because anyone can do it if they have access to kryptonite.

You made it sound like it was unfair, and maybe anyone can do it but a few have one of which is Batman.

#25 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#26 Edited by Jayc1324 (5236 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy this thread was bumped

#27 Posted by Bezza (2131 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324:

I'm happy you bumped my thread. My family gives me loads of stick for loving Batman as they say he is rubbish...I disagree!!

#28 Edited by PapiNacho (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

A few contributions: