#1 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

Does any one have any pictures of Bob kanes original design for batman before Bill finger revised it?    

#3 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt any pictures exist. Here's a description from Finger, though: 
" I went over to Kane's, and he had drawn a character who looked very much like Superman with kind of ... reddish tights, I believe, with boots ... no gloves, no gauntlets ... with a small domino mask, swinging on a rope. He had two stiff wings that were sticking out, looking like bat wings. And under it was a big sign ... BATMAN. "

#4 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" I doubt any pictures exist. Here's a description from Finger, though: 
" I went over to Kane's, and he had drawn a character who looked very much like Superman with kind of ... reddish tights, I believe, with boots ... no gloves, no gauntlets ... with a small domino mask, swinging on a rope. He had two stiff wings that were sticking out, looking like bat wings. And under it was a big sign ... BATMAN. " "
your probably right.
#5 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, haha that description sounds terrible. if that pic up there represents finger's revision, then thank god he did it, because batman's costume now really isn't that far of an offshoot from it.
#6 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps: I know, right? Thank God for Finger. That actually sounds sort of like what Robin looks like.
#7 Edited by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh pictures exist. And it's hideous:

Thank god for Finger indeed! I always did love me the purple gloved and angle eared first appearance Bat's, same with the  debut year Batman that sports a gun and looks like a pseudo-vampire in the mists, but this...this isn't Batman. Interesting nonetheless.  
#8 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus said:
" Oh pictures exist. And it's hideous:
Thank god for Finger indeed! I always did love me the purple gloved and angle eared first appearance Bat's, same with the  debut year Batman that sports a gun and looks like a pseudo-vampire in the mists, but this...this isn't Batman. Interesting nonetheless.  
Big thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#9 Posted by annaxbarie (18 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Hank Hill tried to dress up in the dollar store's version of a batman suit for halloween. Hahaha!

#10 Posted by Batmanikk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

There are coloured ones also , just so you know how awful it was . Complete with coffee stains.

#11 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11431 posts) - - Show Bio

There are coloured ones also , just so you know how awful it was . Complete with coffee stains.

It looks like Tim Drake Robin costume

#12 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanikk said:

It looks like Tim Drake Robin costume

haha and on this night Red Robin was born.

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (13247 posts) - - Show Bio
@jotham said:
Thank God for Finger. That actually sounds sort of like what Robin looks like.

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, if Batman hadn't been redesigned, we would have never been the wiser, and so would have grown accustomed to the above sketch of blondie Batman

#15 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can say is thank goodness they didn't stick with the original design.

#16 Edited by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Making it all the more sad Bill Finger isn't always credited as at least a co-creator. I believe he also (at least partly) had the ideas for the Batcave, Batmobile, Gotham City, the giant props, Robin's origin and some of the villains.

#17 Edited by Batmanikk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: I totally agree, however isn't the costume part of the original appeal ? Had Batman been like this all along, I do not doubt that Batman would be as popular as Aquaman is now. Many people could look at him and go ' POWER OVER BATS ... LOL' like people do with Aquaman before they look into it .