Batman: New 52 Discussion

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(thanks by the way,you're too kind)

The "peculiar" thing was going towards the preview .........

Yeah well, it could have been aplied to both situations. Yeah the preview is really weird, that is why I was asking if I missed anything, it really doesn´t make sense but I guess that it will be all explained in the issue.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

(thanks by the way,you're too kind)

The "peculiar" thing was going towards the preview .........

Yeah well, it could have been aplied to both situations. Yeah the preview is really weird, that is why I was asking if I missed anything, it really doesn´t make sense but I guess that it will be all explained in the issue.

In Snyder we trust.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Black_Arrow

@punyparker: Have you read the issue? It was crazy, but it makes sense.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Have you read the issue? It was crazy, but it makes sense.

I have it,but i'll read it later.
College stuff......(irritating)

I saw the first 4 pages,without the dialog,just quickly glanced,and Diana sucker punches him,and Alfred has an eyepatch,so there's that.....again,i haven't read the dialog.....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By PunyParker

@rustyroy: I'll review it tommorow......attend the review comment section,my Batman reviews are a tad empty.....

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By RustyRoy

@punyparker said:

@rustyroy: I'll review it tommorow......attend the review comment section,my Batman reviews are a tad empty.....

Sure man and I think you'll love it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Sure man and I think you'll love it.

I trust your judgement,so ok. :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By PunyParker
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By RustyRoy

Previews :

BATMAN AND ROBIN #35

Peter J. Tomasi (writer) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray (art/cover)

ON SALE: 10/15/2014 PRICE: $2.99

“Robin Rises” continues as Batman begins his trek on Apokolips to recover his son’s body. But will he walk alone?

DETECTIVE COMICS #37

Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato (writers/art/cover)

ON SALE: 12/03/2014 PRICE: $3.99

Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato return – and now’s the time to take back Gotham City! Anarky now!

GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #1

Ray Fawkes (writer) Ben Templesmith (art/cover)

ON SALE: 11/26/2014 PRICE: $2.99

Strange doings are afoot in Gotham City! Look out, though – Jim Corrigan is on the case in this new series by writer Ray Fawkes (CONSTANTINE, BATMAN ETERNAL) and artist Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night, Ten Grand)!

ARKHAM MANOR #1

Gerry Duggan (writer) Shawn Crystal (art/cover)

ON SALE: 10/22/2014 PRICE: $2.99

When catastrophe strikes Arkham Asylum, where will Gotham City house the world’s most dangerous criminals, and when inmates are found murdered, what is Batman prepared to do in search of justice? Arkham’s madness comes home in ARKHAM MANOR! A bold new series brought to you by the mad minds of Gerry Duggan (Deadpool, Nova) and Shawn Crystal (Deadpool, Wolverine and the X-Men).

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By PunyParker

@rustyroy: Batman and Robin still exists?!! :P

And this Arkham Manor thing......Duggan writes it........VERY interesting.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, He co-wrote Batman 34 with Snyder and that was my favorite issue from Snyder's run. GBM also looks good.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Yeah, He co-wrote Batman 34 with Snyder and that was my favorite issue from Snyder's run. GBM also looks good.

I know Duggan,one of my favorite writers.
He writes Deadpool for Marvel,and it's the best Deadpool series ever printed.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Cool, I not interested in reading a Deadpool title but I'll definitely check out Arkham Manor.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Cool, I not interested in reading a Deadpool title but I'll definitely check out Arkham Manor.

Yep,me too.
How are you finding Spider-Man?......you read any?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep,me too.

Yeah I'm reading the Spider-verse stories and I like it. I'll get USM later. What about you?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Yep,me too.

Yeah I'm reading the Spider-verse stories and I like it. I'll get USM later. What about you?

I just want you to read Ultimate with Parker! :)
BTW Spider-Verse,starts ,officially,in Amazing #9

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rustyroy said:

Previews :

BATMAN AND ROBIN #35

Peter J. Tomasi (writer) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray (art/cover)

ON SALE: 10/15/2014 PRICE: $2.99

“Robin Rises” continues as Batman begins his trek on Apokolips to recover his son’s body. But will he walk alone?

DETECTIVE COMICS #37

Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato (writers/art/cover)

ON SALE: 12/03/2014 PRICE: $3.99

Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato return – and now’s the time to take back Gotham City! Anarky now!

GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #1

Ray Fawkes (writer) Ben Templesmith (art/cover)

ON SALE: 11/26/2014 PRICE: $2.99

Strange doings are afoot in Gotham City! Look out, though – Jim Corrigan is on the case in this new series by writer Ray Fawkes (CONSTANTINE, BATMAN ETERNAL) and artist Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night, Ten Grand)!

ARKHAM MANOR #1

When catastrophe strikes Arkham Asylum, where will Gotham City house the world’s most dangerous criminals, and when inmates are found murdered, what is Batman prepared to do in search of justice? Arkham’s madness comes home in ARKHAM MANOR! A bold new series brought to you by the mad minds of Gerry Duggan (Deadpool, Nova) and Shawn Crystal (Deadpool, Wolverine and the X-Men).

I can't wait for Batman and Robin 35 and Arkham Manor :)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By RustyRoy

Batman Group Solicits :

No Caption Provided

BATMAN #38

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Backup story written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV

Art and cover by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI

Backup story art by SAM KIETH

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL

1:25 Variant cover by ANDY KUBERT

On sale JANUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for details.

“Endgame” part 4. The Joker is back! This time, no more funny stuff. And in the backup story, five Arkham Asylum escapees share their encounters with The Joker!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

No Caption Provided

Spoiler Cover

No Caption Provided

BATMAN AND ROBIN #38

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by DAVE BULLOCK

On sale JANUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The team of Batman and Robin are together again! But what is the new dynamic for this crimefighting duo now that Damian has super powers of his own?

No Caption Provided

BATGIRL #38

Written by CAMERON STEWART and BRENDEN FLETCHER

Art by BABS TARR

Cover by CAMERON STEWART

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by AARON LOPRESTI

Blank variant cover

On sale JANUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

Things are going surprisingly well in Batgirl’s new life! But nothing good ever lasts long in Gotham City – and the other yellow boot is about to drop...hard!

No Caption Provided

ARKHAM MANOR #4

Written by GERRY DUGGAN

Art and cover by SHAWN CRYSTAL

On sale JANUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

As if Batman didn’t have enough trouble containing the Spider in Arkham Manor, now he has to contend with the newest inmate to arrive: Mr. Freeze!

No Caption Provided

GRAYSON #6

Written by TIM SEELEY and TOM KING

Art and cover by MIKEL JANIN

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by JOCK

On sale JANUARY 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

It’s the battle you never thought you’d see, as Grayson goes toe to toe with the Midnighter!

No Caption Provided

GOTHAM ACADEMY #4

Written by BECKY CLOONAN and BRENDEN FLETCHER

Art and cover by KARL KERSCHL

On sale JANUARY 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

The hunt for the Ghost of Gotham Academy begins!

No Caption Provided

GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #3

Written by RAY FAWKES

Art and cover by BEN TEMPLESMITH

1:25 Variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM

On sale JANUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

There’s a dark secret in Gotham General Hospital – a supernatural menace that could infect the whole city! But Detective Lisa Drake of the Midnight Shift has a dark secret of her own…and when this new threat brings it out, the only thing Jim Corrigan can do is get out of the way!

No Caption Provided

DETECTIVE COMICS #38

Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and BRIAN BUCCELLATO

Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON

1:25 Variant cover by YUKO SHIMIZU

On sale JANUARY 7 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The people of Gotham City have spoken – and now, Anarky runs wild in the streets!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

No Caption Provided

HARLEY QUINN #14

Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by CHAD HARDIN

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by BRUCE TIMM

1:25 Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER

On sale JANUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.

Everyone knows that Harley’s not quite over her last ex-boyfriend. Can she really open her heart to another man? Well, Mason Macabre’s not like any other guy she’s known before…and not just because he hasn’t tried to kill her yet!

No Caption Provided

CATWOMAN #38

Written by GENEVIEVE VALENTINE

Art by GARRY BROWN

Cover by JAE LEE

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by TY TEMPLETON

On sale JANUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

It had to happen! Batman confronts Selina over her ascension to the top of Gotham City’s criminal underworld – and the gloves come off!

No Caption Provided

BATWOMAN #38

Written by MARC ANDREYKO

Art by JASON MASTERS

Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

On sale JANUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Batwoman’s team of misfit vigilantes known as the Unknowns continues to dig deep into the cult rampaging across Gotham City!

No Caption Provided

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #18

Written by GREG PAK

Art by ARDIAN SYAF and SANDRA HOPE

Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and DANNY MIKI

THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

1:25 Variant cover by JUANJO

On sale JANUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Superman uncovers the identity of the unseen terror that has been destroying targets related to him, while Batman seeks to protect Lois Lane! This time the truth will hurt in more ways than Superman could imagine!

No Caption Provided

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art and cover by R.B. SILVA

On sale JANUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Jason Todd risks everything to save Starfire as he takes on Crux high over the skies above Arkham Asylum! He may be outmatched, but Jason Todd has a new secret weapon: the power of the super-drug Venom.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, it's oficial now...Damian is the new Robin!...i'm very surprised, i totally didn't expected it, because bringing him back, was the most obvious thing they could've done, so i was expecting the opposite...but now he has super-powers? not sure how i feel about that.

Nightwing VS Midnighter?? and for real this time??...LOL!

I actually like Jason being on venom now...at least now, he can perform crazy stuff, and have a excuse for it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, it's oficial now...Damian is the new Robin!...i'm very surprised, i totally didn't expected it, because bringing him back, was the most obvious thing they could've done, so i was expecting the opposite...but now he has super-powers? not sure how i feel about that.

I actually like Jason being on venom now...at least now, he can perform crazy stuff, and have a excuse for it.

I think most people were expecting the opposite so that became the new obvious. I very happy that Tomasi is bringing back Damian, can't see anyone else in the role, also I kind of like that he has superpowers now, changes the dynamic of the team a little bit. Although I'm not sure if it will be permanent.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I think it's brilliant to give Damian super powers. How do you keep audience interest after a big Darkseid brawl? Shake up the game.

Agreed.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@rustyroy said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

I think most people were expecting the opposite so that became the new obvious. I very happy that Tomasi is bringing back Damian, can't see anyone else in the role, also I kind of like that he has superpowers now, changes the dynamic of the team a little bit. Although I'm not sure if it will be permanent.

I'm happy too, though at some point, Duke Thomas name crossed my mind, and i was like...NOOOOO!...him having super-powers is sure to make things more interesting than ever, but i'm not sure how i feel about a Robin having super-powers...kinda of takes away their need to be skilled...which is one of the reasons why i prefer heroes like Batman to other heroes, like Superman.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@papinacho said:

@rustyroy: I think it's brilliant to give Damian super powers. How do you keep audience interest after a big Darkseid brawl? Shake up the game.

Agreed.

Agreed 2x

Though, i hope they make him overpowered.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy too, though at some point, Duke Thomas name crossed my mind, and i was like...NOOOOO!...him having super-powers is sure to make things more interesting than ever, but i'm not sure how i feel about a Robin having super-powers...kinda of takes away their need to be skilled...which is one of the reasons why i prefer heroes like Batman to other heroes, like Superman.

I don't have a problem with a Robin having superpowers tbh, but it will be weird watching Damian with superpowers, he's more about skills than strength, maybe Tomasi will make him a skilled superpowered ninja.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@rustyroy said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

I don't have a problem with a Robin having superpowers tbh, but it will be weird watching Damian with superpowers, he's more about skills than strength, maybe Tomasi will make him a skilled superpowered ninja.

That would be cool...as long as they don't get over their heads, with the "superpowered"...but at least now he can perform some crazyness...like Jason (on-venom) now can get crazy...it's gonna be awesome debating Damian vs Miles Morales now xD

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By RustyRoy

Preview Arkham Manor #1 :

ARKHAM MANOR #1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I surprisingly enjoyed Catwoman a lot more.

I dont read Selina no more.

Arkham Manor was very good.....i knew Duggan will make it,but i loved it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By RustyRoy
KDub_inc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: damn I didn't even know this existed. Unlike others I loved Zero Year so I need to get this

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: damn I didn't even know this existed. Unlike others I loved Zero Year so I need to get this

I liked ZY.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By PunyParker

I overall liked Zero Year too......in general,everyone in this thread enjoyed it

KDub_inc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By KDub_inc_

@punyparker: thanks for lettimg e know. Been a comic fan since I was a kid but in everyday life I don't have anyone to talk comics so I'm glad for threads like this and finding comicvine in general I'm still new so forgive any dumb mistakes lol.

What's your view on the annual? Well worth it I'd assume but just asking

And btw not to seem ignorant that I didn't know of this but spent some time "Away" and had no access to internet phone or books fr 9 months so I'm behind on a lot I had just got all the zero year issues the day #33 came out

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: thanks for lettimg e know. Been a comic fan since I was a kid but in everyday life I don't have anyone to talk comics so I'm glad for threads like this and finding comicvine in general I'm still new so forgive any dumb mistakes lol.

I know how you feel.
I have like 2 friends who like comics,and one of them is aonly a movie guy.

What's your view on the annual? Well worth it I'd assume but just asking

What annual exacly?
Help me out here.

And btw not to seem ignorant that I didn't know of this but spent some time "Away" and had no access to internet phone or books fr 9 months so I'm behind on a lot I had just got all the zero year issues the day #33 came out

So should we spoiler banner stuff we say,then?

KDub_inc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be okay without the spoiler banners.

What I meant I didn't know exists was Batman Annual #2 the zero year tie in

And yeah a lot of people know most of our favorite heroes these days but mostly from movies. I was talking to a girl I met who had seen the most recent Nolan bat flick in theaters years ago while I was in the hospital and was questioning her on how they handled bane before I realized she had never read a comic and had the thought that this wasn't going to be helpful lol.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By RustyRoy

Preview

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By RustyRoy

Preview Batman #36

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: This suit is a lot more beastly than what I thought it was.

Yeah it looks like a monster, it made Superman bleed, that's an awesome feat. This and the Hellbat armor are amazing.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I really like the microscopic red suns.

Me too, the plasma shield is pretty awesome too.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I have to know why is he under watter!!!!!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers