Batman is a coward for not killing

• 65 results
redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You created Joker Batman. How many more innocent people are gonna die by your actions?

I was playing Batman Arkham Origins and the little kid called Anarky has a point.

Batman is just as self-righteous and arrogant as Anarky; everyone must follow HIS codes of conduct, especially the "no-killing" rule that is exactly to blame for the whole Gotham problem. He only fights against the criminals, but not the system that breeds and empowers them. He thinks he's the only person fit to keep Gotham safe, when his constant failing at keeping innocent people from dying under his watch, BECAUSE of his rules, constantly proves him wrong.

Untouchable12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He kills a villain Someone will take his place, I get what you're saying but it does take some guts to not kill someone you hate so much. Besides there are some other heroes who follow the no kill rule

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Stahlflamme

Batman is following his code of conduct. When did he ever forced it on anyone but those who he trained? If a court ruled Joker not insane and guilty and decided he was to be punished by death, Batman would not break him out of the damn prison, he would make sure the man doesn't escape. Your saying he should make himself Judge, Jury and Executioner? That seems like a pretty bad idea.

By the way, is there gonna be a superman thread like this as well? I've already read a Wonder Woman thread with similiar contend today.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread again.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn....

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I always say the same thing in these threads. Batman reels them in. It is the Justice System that is not killing them. It is the American people who refuse to kill the Joker. In the real world they would definitely reinstate death punishment for Supervillains

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you know that you're to blame for people robbing and murdering, since you aren't going out and killing them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a60370ee1024
deactivated-5a60370ee1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has been done to death.

Batman doesn’t kill because it makes you just as bad as any other criminal and his parents’ lives were taken by the same kind of scum that goes out murdering people.

Maybe it does lead to more death, but I’d rather Batman not kill since it shows he isn’t like any other murder. It’s not Batman’s problem, its Gotham itself, the place is corrupt and these criminals know how to get out easily because of corrupt cops or whatever. One man can’t save everyone at once, and if he went around murdering people, it would make him a danger. He’s once stated that if he started killing, he’d never be able to stop. He’ll become the same person that killed his parents.

Also, if he did kill, you might as well give him a pistol and make him a rip-off of the Shadow again.

How is he a coward? Wouldn’t it make you a coward if you killed them so you would never have to fight them again? An eye for an eye will make the world go blind. Killing never solves problems, it only makes them worse.

And him creating Joker is ridiculous, Joker caused his own downfall when he decided to leap into the chemicals to escape.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a pussy . Joker is the real hero

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

k

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everyon about why Batman doesn't kill.

And OP, Batman totally fights corruption in the system. Read Year One and see how he actively challenges the corrupt police commissioner who works for the mob.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It seems more cowardly to kill then to not.

for once, the misuse of then/than sorta makes sense...

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman killed, he wouldn't be a superhero. End of story.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Batman killed, he wouldn't be a superhero. End of story.

Yeah he would. Plenty of superheroes kill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: Not in this case. Bruce's morality is his driving force. No sense of morality, no sense of justice, no superhero.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: Not in this case. Bruce's morality is his driving force. No sense of morality, no sense of justice, no superhero.

Oh ok I get it now.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman has killed, look up Max Lord

Superman has killed, look up Man of Steel

The problem with Gotham is that whenever one group goes down, another takes it's place which may be worse. Get rid of the mobs, Two face, joker and pengiun mobs take over. If batman killed Joker, someone or thing worse would take his place, and not make the mistakes of the previous villain. Look at the middle east. throw out saddam, in comes al-queda, throw out al-queda, in comes ISIS.

Also, the only reason the GCPD (or at the very least gordon) works with/tolerates batman and his proteges is that they do not kill, its one of the only thing separating the Batclan from the villains.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the point? Comic book characters never stay dead.
What is the point? Comic book characters never stay dead.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wonder Woman has killed, look up Max Lord

Superman has killed, look up Man of Steel

The problem with Gotham is that whenever one group goes down, another takes it's place which may be worse. Get rid of the mobs, Two face, joker and pengiun mobs take over. If batman killed Joker, someone or thing worse would take his place, and not make the mistakes of the previous villain. Look at the middle east. throw out saddam, in comes al-queda, throw out al-queda, in comes ISIS.

Also, the only reason the GCPD (or at the very least gordon) works with/tolerates batman and his proteges is that they do not kill, its one of the only thing separating the Batclan from the villains.

Is OP just talking in-continuity comics or all media? Man of Steal isn't comic in-continuity. I mean, if we're considering all media, Batman has killed plenty. See Tim Burton movies and the "not saving" of Ra's in Batman Begins, etc.

Hell, even in in-continuity comics, Batman has left ppl to die, knowing that they would die.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Is OP just talking in-continuity comics or all media? Man of Steal isn't comic in-continuity. I mean, if we're considering all media, Batman has killed plenty. See Tim Burton movies and the "not saving" of Ra's in Batman Begins, etc.

Hell, even in in-continuity comics, Batman has left ppl to die, knowing that they would die.

Superman has killed or tried to kill in the comics.

Do you happen to know the instances you're referring to where Batman has left people to die? He's actually saved several of his villains from dying on multiple occasions. The only times I know of that he supposedly left someone to die was KGBeast in the Ten Nights of the Beast arc, and that was later retconned in Batman: Year Three when he mentioned that he alerted the GCPD to where he was.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_cheesesteak said:

Do you happen to know the instances you're referring to where Batman has left people to die? He's actually saved several of his villains from dying on multiple occasions. The only times I know of that he supposedly left someone to die was KGBeast in the Ten Nights of the Beast arc, and that was later retconned in Batman: Year Three when he mentioned that he alerted the GCPD to where he was.

KGBeast.

Batman trap him inside of a room, with no way to get out.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Squalleon

This thread again.

No Caption Provided

Btw. Which movie is this?

I have seen some instances and I can't believe how bad even the lip-syncing is!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This thread again.

No Caption Provided

Btw. Which movie is this?

I have seen some instances and I can't believe how bad even the lip-syncing is!

The room.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@battle_forum_junkie said:
@dr_cheesesteak said:

KGBeast.

Batman trap him inside of a room, with no way to get out.

Well, I haven't read either Five Nights of the Beast myself, I just know that it was assumed that he left KGBeast to die but, like I mentioned above, that was later retconned in Year Three when Batman mentioned off-hand that he alerted the police of KGBeast's location.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look another redwing hate thread. What else is new.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Korbenheagerty

@farkam: What are you talking about?

@Dr_Cheesesteak okay, I am exceedingly happy to not classify MoS as comic continuity, so no beyond that I have not seen any comics where superman kills (minus the time under the control of max lord, where he tries to kill, but that doesn't count. Lois Lane was involved)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: What are you talking about?

@Dr_Cheesesteak okay, I am exceedingly happy to not classify MoS as comic continuity, so no beyond that I have not seen any comics where superman kills (minus the time under the control of max lord, where he tries to kill, but that doesn't count. Lois Lane was involved)

The OP (redwingx) pops in every now and then to post a hate thread about Batman.

D3D3_B14NK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is not a coward for not killing. He doesn't kill because it would lower him to their level. He would be considered a criminal for one swift action. However Jason did point out he doesn't do much quite a few times. Batman: Under The Red Hood is a good example of this. Here Batman explains why he doesn't kill.

here are two links to watch it for free:

http://putlocker.is/watch-batman-under-the-red-hood-online-free-putlocker.html

http://www.animeflavor.com/node/855

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He kills a villain Someone will take his place, I get what you're saying but it does take some guts to not kill someone you hate so much. Besides there are some other heroes who follow the no kill rule

You can blame DC for that.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:
@untouchable12 said:

You can blame DC for that.

And i can blame yo momma foh yo...

No Caption Provided

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: thank you. That's exactly right. It's not batman's job to execute criminals or guard prison / arkham. That's all on the courts and cops.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wouldn't necessarily call him a coward, I'm more inclined to think his reasoning behind it is just some sort of illness or disillusion. Because, come on, Batman's pretty crazy.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Why the GCPD hasn't shot the Joker to death while he's locked up is beyond me.Do I think Bruce should man up and kill the Joker?Absolutely, but the GCPD should do it too.I never bought into the whole argument that if he kills the Joker he's no better than them.Daredevil has killed and he's still a better man Bullseye and many others.In Batman's case I prefer the excuse of he's afraid that he wouldn't be able to stop if he did.That makes more sense to me.

Avatar image for batmanisawesome2123
batmanisawesome2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHUT UP!!!!! you know nothing about Batman, you are just saying because batman isn't like deadpool or deathstroke, he sucks, thats not true he is actually a very very interesting charcter, and he isn't a coward go see for yourself, read the comics, watch the movies, play the arkham series and then you'll like him.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanisawesome2123: who on this thread are you talking to, it appears that everyone here is a well informed and is debating the merits of batman's no kill rule, it has nothing to do with how much we like batman, it is the question of whether the morality of not killing his enemies is justified

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By redwingx

Batman is not a coward for not killing. He doesn't kill because it would lower him to their level. He would be considered a criminal for one swift action. However Jason did point out he doesn't do much quite a few times. Batman: Under The Red Hood is a good example of this. Here Batman explains why he doesn't kill.

He is already considered a criminal and crazy. He is already at their level by some.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TakeLuutzen

@redwingx Batman would be a coward if he would kill.. Killing is easy

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:
@d3d3_b14nk5 said:

He is already considered a criminal and crazy. He is already at their level by some.

Batman doesn't have to do anything,he doesn't work for the public nor has he been sanctioned by the state, it's HIS crusade so he'll follow HIS rules and perimeters, Gotham should be thanful for anything he does.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:
@d3d3_b14nk5 said:

This explain a lot, you are one of those people who doesnt reed Batman, that say what the blogs and facebook tells you is cool.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman doesn't kill, because if he did, as Rachel Dawes said, his dad would be ashamed.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman always stuck with his no killing code for a reason, Anarky had a point but he doesn`t understand the concept of who Batman is so to make such bold claims is more wrong on his part considering he used it as an excuse for why he was endangering innocent people throughout Gotham City.

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

listen to this, its three minutes and gives reasons why batman doesn't kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1GE3jWmK3Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re-reading the op just makes me laugh. Just don't read anymore Batman, no need to cry over it like a whiny child.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takes more strength not to kill, he has to fight the same villains over and over killing would be the easy way out.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

D3D3_B14NK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:
@d3d3_b14nk5 said:

This explain a lot, you are one of those people who doesn't read Batman, that says what the blogs and facebook tells you is cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I guess cops who don't murder serial killers right away are killers.