Batman Inc Ending...A Disappointment

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Is anyone else disappointed that Batman Inc is ending? I was actually looking forward to what other writers could add to this idea, and explore other characters like Mr. Unknown and Nightrunner. I think it's dumb that because Grant Morrison is leaving, the book isn't his property and others should have the write to expand on the idea.

Here's to hoping that with the end of Batman Inc the book, its not the end of the characters too. And that Batwing, and Batman will team up with many of these characters in the near future.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By arnoldoaad

I agree

DC just doesnt want to progress anymore and Morrison just gave them exactly what they wanted

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am fine with the book ending because if Grant Morrison says he has finished his story,he has.In the future if anyone else wants to write Batman Inc. they'll make a new volume.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It's Morrison's concept and book and they more-or-less said that it's just his story to tell.

You can take that as DC wanting to keep Morrison happy or you can take it as DC saying "we're done with this concept for now".

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

I thought people would be happy that a Batman title was ending.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By arnoldoaad

@matkrenz said:

I thought people would be happy that a Batman title was ending.

the wrong batman title is ending

call me when Batgirl is cancelled and retconned out

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thejman250

- Praise the good lord.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's Morrison's concept and book and they more-or-less said that it's just his story to tell.

You can take that as DC wanting to keep Morrison happy or you can take it as DC saying "we're done with this concept for now".

This. It's much better for an extraneous Bat book to be cancelled than it is for the series to continue. It's Morrison's brain child and no one else should continue with it. That doesn't mean I want to see the end of these characters but I don't want this series to continue once Morrison is done with it.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By gotwillpower

I don't like the incorporated concept, so I'm glad it's going to go away. Hasn't the Joker been telling everyone Batman's better without his teammates? That's not to say I don't like Batman Inc. Grant Morrison isn't a bad writer at all, and the last few issues have actually been really interesting. I just don't want to see Batman fighting crime with an army of robots anymore.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah I really liked those series.

I hope they will start over again someday.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Army of robots is kinda dumb, but different Batmen in different countries, thats kinda sick

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

One of the best new 52 series...

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: RIght! And I just don't get it, it is one of their best selling books too. They really just plan on throwing away all these opportunities?!?! Unless they have a plan to incorporate Batman Inc in other Bat titles (which I doubt) or Batwing (which I also doubt since they want to make him close to home) then its game over!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TDK_1997

@consolemaster001: RIght! And I just don't get it, it is one of their best selling books too. They really just plan on throwing away all these opportunities?!?! Unless they have a plan to incorporate Batman Inc in other Bat titles (which I doubt) or Batwing (which I also doubt since they want to make him close to home) then its game over!

They are not continuing it because it was Morrison's project and so far in the book he showed the readers that he didn't care much for the reboot and maybe DC didn't like it and don't want to continue it.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although Batman Incorporated might not be the one I had chosen to do it to, I'm glad they're closing down some of the Batman titles. It's become too much to try and follow Batman across all of his books, and it often doesn't make sense from a logistics standpoint (how does Batman find enough time to work all of these separate cases at once? Are there even that many hours in an evening?). Honestly though, I would have shuttered Detective Comics first. Definitely not a big earner and has limped along since its inception. The two main Bat titles that I would like to see continue are the titular Batman and the Batman & Robin offshoot. Both have been writing compelling (if somewhat polarizing) stories and are solid earners for the company. The main Batman tale has been decent, and I'm interested enough to see where they take B&R that I'll keep reading for the next while, at least. May eventually drop it once the next Robin comes around. Especially if that Robin's first name begins with "H."

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UncleEmu

I'm not sure many other writers can pull of an international team of Batmen/women

nightwing89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with it ending, I considered dropping it before this news came out.

On the subject of another book ending, I can't see Detective Comics ever ending. That book's been running for over 70s years.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@lvenger said:

@crash_recovery said:

This. It's much better for an extraneous Bat book to be cancelled than it is for the series to continue. It's Morrison's brain child and no one else should continue with it. That doesn't mean I want to see the end of these characters but I don't want this series to continue once Morrison is done with it.

Yep, this.