#1 Posted by fil123 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

i never got why batman is in the JL especially in the new 52. The guy loves to be alone and work alone, its always weird to see him up in the watchtower chilling with the rest of the group. its probably like this because geoff is a f***ing idiot when it comes to writing bats.

They need him to be a part time member, so he can chill in his batcave more than the stupid watchtower. have him in the JL comics as much as you want but they should make it clear he is a part timer. just my opinion.

whats yours?

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1313 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

i never got why batman is in the JL especially in the new 52. The guy loves to be alone and work alone, its always weird to see him up in the watchtower chilling with the rest of the group. its probably like this because geoff is a f***ing idiot when it comes to writing bats.

They need him to be a part time member, so he can chill in his batcave more than the stupid watchtower. have him in the JL comics as much as you want but they should make it clear he is a part timer. just my opinion.

whats yours?

Yeah he's a loner with a crime fighting family that has more members than the JL itself, he's clearly not as much of a loner as you think.

#6 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

whats yours?

Yeah he's a loner with a crime fighting family that has more members than the JL itself, he's clearly not as much of a loner as you think.

This. No reason why Batman can't be in the JL

#7 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

The Justice League is not McDonalds. There is no such thing as a part time position. Do you seriously expect him to leave in the middle of a battle?

*The Justice League is in deep shit against an invading super alien who has decided to call Boston his new playground, and through the uproar you can hear Batman saying , "My shift just ended" as he leaves the battle. *

#8 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

He's more of a strategy guy than punch out darkseid guy like the others. i like him better when he fights well dressed maniacs with tons of hencemen than against gods and demons and things he really has no business fighting

#9 Posted by fil123 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingrobbstark: thats not what i meant, i was more referring to the animated series where he said on numerous occasions he was just a part time member.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

@kingrobbstark: thats not what i meant, i was more referring to the animated series where he said on numerous occasions he was just a part time member.

They only had him say that because it made him seem like a cool loner. It didn't mean anything because he was there 24/7.

#11 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Then how was Gotham protected?

Obviously all the of the members of the justice league continued to attend to their own tasks just like they do in the comics. The justice league only gets together to fight major threats and in the show Batman was pretty much fighting with them 24/7. He wasn't really a "part time member"

#13 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Just cause he's there for major events doesn't mean he's there for everything. So if you only so up for the big fights you are a part time member.

Thanks, ULTRA

#14 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Just cause he's there for major events doesn't mean he's there for everything. So if you only so up for the big fights you are a part time member.

Thanks, ULTRA

But the only fights are the major events in that show....

#15 Posted by dbatdog (548 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Then how was Gotham protected?

He protects it in Batman: The Animated series, or The Batman or in the upcoming Beware the Batman

#16 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: An the fights off camera in between the main ones.

#17 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: An the fights off camera in between the main ones.

Why would there be off camera fights when the team only gets together to fight world threatening events?

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: Really? I'm not tyring to be funny but.......really?