Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@matchesmalone21 said:

@cameron83:

@cameron83 said:

@squalleon said:

@alexander505 said:

I just notice that only the marvel readers have these problems with Batman...I wonder why..

Because the DC readers have give up on him being human.

We accepted that this is comics so f@ck logic.

LOL NO OF COURSE NOT XD

Apparently,it's suggested that DC fans blindly accept whatever DC does to Batman. If he can beat up wonder woman using pressure points and out-of-character PIS,lol why not?

As long as it glorifies the batgod.

And only Marvel fans are complaining because they have something to fear apparently. Not like most of the characters easily do these things on regular occasion,oh no. It's not like that displays a great ignorance of Marvel characters (underestimation,also),but also a great overestimation of DC characters,NOPE! Not even when it does things outside of his abilities...

Not like he's one of the greatest characters,but unfortunately riddled with the absolute most WIS/PIS.

Silly you for thinking so absurdly :p

This is obviously not directed at you and just a bit of me being a bit sardonic.

What is outside of his abilities? Because he's human? Do you know that bring Wonder Woman to this debate is useless since we're talking about new 52?

Having full control of his body and mind which is similar what Shang-Chi does with Shi,but instead of being some kind of energy,is based on willpower and concentration,then he is capable to ignore pain,ignore fatigue,resist the effects of drugs or poisons.

Dc fans accept blindly,what about Captain America fans? huh?

What does pre-new 52 have to do with it? If they had some sort of fight pre-new 52 that is not what I was referring to.

Um,he's a non-enhanced human. He can't fly,can he? If so,then that is outside of his abilities. He doesn't have telepathy does he? Those are outside of his abilities. Those are examples (not the best) of what I mean. Those (obviously rhetorical) questions are examples of what I mean.

I know he has full control,but there is a huge difference which you just acknowledged.

Hm,captain America fans? It's not like the logical ones get pissed when Captain America can beat up Hulk. It's not like that's not PIS/WIS. Do you even know what this conversation is about? Captain America is completely irrelevant here. Yeah,some fans,like all fanboys,blindly accept things that make their character look good.

Does anyone fricking read what I type before they try to reply? Huh?

You generalized DC fans then stop with this nosense. I saw some fans of Cap supporting this kind of things,I will tagg you in the thread to see.

What Bruce does is based in real martials and some monk's disciplines,similar with Bruce Lee does,but applied to the comic book rules.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Veshark

@cameron83

Well c'est la vie. If you feel a conversation is going nowhere productive, better to just be the bigger man and walk away.

Ha. Just show him a scan of that one time Bruce Banner was almost raped at a YMCA. Hits the mark every time.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@cameron83:

@cameron83 said:

@squalleon said:

@alexander505 said:

I just notice that only the marvel readers have these problems with Batman...I wonder why..

Because the DC readers have give up on him being human.

We accepted that this is comics so f@ck logic.

LOL NO OF COURSE NOT XD

Apparently,it's suggested that DC fans blindly accept whatever DC does to Batman. If he can beat up wonder woman using pressure points and out-of-character PIS,lol why not?

As long as it glorifies the batgod.

And only Marvel fans are complaining because they have something to fear apparently. Not like most of the characters easily do these things on regular occasion,oh no. It's not like that displays a great ignorance of Marvel characters (underestimation,also),but also a great overestimation of DC characters,NOPE! Not even when it does things outside of his abilities...

Not like he's one of the greatest characters,but unfortunately riddled with the absolute most WIS/PIS.

Silly you for thinking so absurdly :p

This is obviously not directed at you and just a bit of me being a bit sardonic.

What is outside of his abilities? Because he's human? Do you know that bring Wonder Woman to this debate is useless since we're talking about new 52?

Having full control of his body and mind which is similar what Shang-Chi does with Shi,but instead of being some kind of energy,is based on willpower and concentration,then he is capable to ignore pain,ignore fatigue,resist the effects of drugs or poisons.

Dc fans accept blindly,what about Captain America fans? huh?

What does pre-new 52 have to do with it? If they had some sort of fight pre-new 52 that is not what I was referring to.

Um,he's a non-enhanced human. He can't fly,can he? If so,then that is outside of his abilities. He doesn't have telepathy does he? Those are outside of his abilities. Those are examples (not the best) of what I mean. Those (obviously rhetorical) questions are examples of what I mean.

I know he has full control,but there is a huge difference which you just acknowledged.

Hm,captain America fans? It's not like the logical ones get pissed when Captain America can beat up Hulk. It's not like that's not PIS/WIS. Do you even know what this conversation is about? Captain America is completely irrelevant here. Yeah,some fans,like all fanboys,blindly accept things that make their character look good.

Does anyone fricking read what I type before they try to reply? Huh?

You generalized DC fans then stop with this nosense. I saw some fans of Cap supporting this kind of things,I will tagg you in the thread to see.

What Bruce does is based in real martials and some monk's disciplines,similar with Bruce Lee does,but applied to the comic book rules.

1. I never said all DC fans. In fact,when I make mention of these things,I continuously say fanBOYS.. Did you see that? I don't think I have to mention it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME in order for people tor realize what I am saying. Do I have to?

Every company has fanboys. One of the things that pisses me off is the way that guy not only makes completely ignorant and irrational statements that only the overzealous would make,but he also labels others and makes baseless assumptions. Those are common things within what a fanboy does. Not only are they horribly ignorant of other characters,but also overzealous and makes completely inaccurate statements for both their character and others. It's horrible bias and extremely one-sided.

2. I was an insane fan of Batman for years. I saw and followed your Batman respect thread (the current and the first one) ever since its creation. Dude,I already know about Batman and his feats :p

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

he is not that moron of Bat-Bale. End of story

Another moron identifying himself

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@matchesmalone21: @cameron83: guys could you please stop quoting and start replying to each other.
It makes this thread difficult to read and i get notification for no reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@cameron83

Well c'est la vie. If you feel a conversation is going nowhere productive, better to just be the bigger man and walk away.

Ha. Just show him a scan of that one time Bruce Banner was almost raped at a YMCA. Hits the mark every time.

1. I don't think I've ever seen theacidskull at levels of anger that powerful. 0.0

I don't even know if I want to,but I'll do it! If I die,though....well...I don't have a will,so whatevs :p

2. Yup. Not only is the conversation going nowhere,but it's hypocrisy and extreme bias at its finest. Fanboyism at it's finest. It's like talking to someone who thinks that Bane can beat Superman. It:

1a. Shows a clear ignorance of Superman,but

2a. Completely overestimates Bane and underestimates Superman.

3a. Is the epitome of fanboyism. It's one-sidedness (if that's even a word,but this is the internet) and extreme bias at it's finest. Now say you correct that person,do you know what they do? They label you as a Superman fanboy.

That's exactly what this conversation is like.

So maybe you're right.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Sure.

@toplel said:

All this bullshit because OP cant into reading comprehension. *sigh*

Language sir :P

@alexander505 said:

?

I don't really get what that guy said?

Maybe it's because his english is not the best or the most linear (not that my grammar or the grammar of anyone else is the best anyway),but what did he say? I mean,what did it mean?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I said tagg you in the captain america thread,whre they support his fight against hulk.

So shall we stopped with our anger issues and focus in what really matters

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By cameron83

@matchesmalone21 said:

@cameron83: I said tagg you in the captain america thread,whre they support his fight against hulk.

So shall we stopped with our anger issues and focus in what really matters

I know that. Some of them are blind fans.Others (whether on that thread or not,I visit that site often) are against that BS.

By the same token,there are many fans on this batman blogspot that blindly support any of his feats. Heck,even kicks Spectre or survives an attack from Darkseid they list it as a feat....oh wait....

Anyway,I don't really remember bringing Captain America in this. All I remember is people accusing me based on their (horribly inaccurate) assumptions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Ok,but so shall we stopped with this and focus in what really matters

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#164  Edited By reignmaker

@cameron83 said:

@alexander505 said:

?

Maybe it's because his english is not the best or the most linear (not that my grammar or the grammar of anyone else is the best anyway),but what did he say? I mean,what did it mean?

I figured he was yet another self-labeled "hipster" hating on Nolan's Batman. There's a ton of them on this site. Anything that doesn't perfectly mimic Grant Morrison's cartoony Bat God is garbage apparently.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am assuming there were break periods or a breather period in between all this unless the pit was just being flooded with men constantly so he would never stop fighting...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Ok,but so shall we stopped with this and focus in what really matters

Of course. I don't even know how,or why those actually came into this conversation. It's not like someone just makes baseless assumptions to cover their insecurity about their characters along with their extreme bias towards their own and ignorance of others.

Not you,of course...it of course refers to someone else.

But yes,we shall.I am wondering,CAN this be considered a feat that is possible for Batman. I don't want to just blindly accept anything Scott Snyder writes (even though he is arguably the best writer at DC). Not saying that's what you did,but just wondering.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By cameron83

@reignmaker said:

@cameron83 said:

@alexander505 said:

?

I figured he was yet another self-labeled "hipster" hating on Nolan's Batman. There's a ton of them on this site. Anything that doesn't perfectly mimic Grant Morrison's cartoony Bat God is garbage apparently.

Oh of course.

It's just that,no offense to him,but his english is kinda difficult for me personally to understand. It's a bit vague.

I'm not assuming anything for/about him,though. But still,if he is...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Another example of Batman pushing himself over the edge in Detective Comics Annual 2. All this happening in a single night,dealing with Clayface,Jane Doe,Wrath's sideckik ans stopping crime around the city.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Remember when feats used to have a purpose?

Like Batman would fight beyond the limits of himself physically and mentally, but it would be for a storytelling reason. They had a point beyond "this character can do this".

He ran himself rampant beyond all reason in Knightfall, which was used to show off Bane's tactical prowess (by putting Batman, unwittingly, into such a state) and then allowed Bruce to be broken.

He beat the unbeatable in RIP by letting his mind be destroyed and trusting in himself both psychologically and physically.

Here he's just doing something insanely over the top for a training exercise...

Kind of makes those other feats less special.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Another example of Batman pushing himself over the edge in Detective Comics Annual 2. All this happening in a single night,dealing with Clayface,Jane Doe,Wrath's sideckik ans stopping crime around the city.

No Caption Provided

But I find those consistent with his character. Not like it's anything really new.

And IF (because toplel may be right) he DID fight for 28 HOURS straight,then I would find it stupid and out of his reach. If not,then....

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#172  Edited By DecoyElite

@fadetoblackbolt: The reason was apparently to show that Batman doesn't have to kill as long as he scares his opponents enough. Or something like that CB said something about it and he's the read the actual issue so...

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@decoyelite: So if he wasn't able to scare them he'd have to kill them? :P I really hope that someone is misreading that and Snyder hasn't, once again, completely missed the point.

@toplel: I'm aware that it's a (pointless) origin story, that has literally nothing to do with my comment whatsoever.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: Bane said it better than me, it's sort of a statement of "He doesn't need to kill to stop criminals from committing crimes because he leaves them in the corner pissing themselves when they try."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: This isn't stupid at all and is in character,even Bane in Batwoman 22 said he spent weeks to weakened Batman physically and emotionally to defeat him (referencing knightfall). This why I repeat he had full control of his body and mind.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: This isn't stupid at all and is in character,even Bane in Batwoman 22 said he spent weeks to weakened Batman physically and emotionally to defeat him (referencing knightfall). This why I repeat he had full control of his body and mind.

That's not exactly the same. Obviously Batman wasn't up and about 24 hours a day,7 days a week for weeks. Obviously he had ample rest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: For gods sakes man read Batwoman 22. Batman wasn't at 100% and Bane already stated,even in pre-flashpoint Knightfall. that's not obviously at all.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when feats used to have a purpose?

Like Batman would fight beyond the limits of himself physically and mentally, but it would be for a storytelling reason. They had a point beyond "this character can do this".

He ran himself rampant beyond all reason in Knightfall, which was used to show off Bane's tactical prowess (by putting Batman, unwittingly, into such a state) and then allowed Bruce to be broken.

He beat the unbeatable in RIP by letting his mind be destroyed and trusting in himself both psychologically and physically.

Here he's just doing something insanely over the top for a training exercise...

Kind of makes those other feats less special.

Hm. Good point. In fact,it seems to be something they do in Detective comics with his gadgets.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#180  Edited By jumpstart55

Such a feat would put Batman above or equally on the same level as Captain America or Wolverine, but we all know hes not quite there. like at all.

Even by comic book peak humans this is a ridiculous feat.

So i'm calling this one PIS.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a feat would put Batman above or equally on the same level as Captain America or Wolverine, but we all know hes not quite there. like at all.

While I agree with most everything,I have to just say one tiny nitpick. I think it would be more of WIS (wirter induced stupidity) since this doesn't exactly move the plot forward :P

@cameron83: For gods sakes man read Batwoman 22. Batman wasn't at 100% and Bane already stated,even in pre-flashpoint Knightfall. that's not obviously at all.

Erm...what?

There is no way that he fought 24/7 without rest for weeks.

Are you confirming or denying that? 0.o

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: @jumpstart55 Following Buddhist discipline, which he was also instructed, through pure meditation Buddha remained at the top of a tree for 20 years without food and drink or sleep. Several monks spend one week on pure meditation, to abstract the evils of the world and focus on what matters

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Batman takes hyper naps? Didn't you know?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55 said:

While I agree with most everything,I have to just say one tiny nitpick. I think it would be more of WIS (wirter induced stupidity) since this doesn't exactly move the plot forward :P

@matchesmalone21 said:

Erm...what?

If you are Batfan as you said,you already read Knightfall and would know that

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@jumpstart55 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Erm...what?

If you are Batfan as you said,you already read Knightfall and would know that

lol not every fan of batman read knightfall. By no means does a fan necessarily have to,anyway. Might as well assume that every batfan LIKES Knightfall.

@cameron83: Batman takes hyper naps? Didn't you know?

I knew it!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@toplel: Well yeah, it's doable, but do you get what I'm saying?

By making it just another day at the office, there is that retroactive diminishing of previous "feats"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I don't care if a fan read or not,like or not..but at least should be aware of.

And you didn't awnser that...

Following Buddhist discipline, which he was also instructed, through pure meditation Buddha remained at the top of a tree for 20 years without food and drink or sleep. Several monks spend one week on pure meditation, to abstract the evils of the world and focus on what matters.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83: I don't care if a fan read or not,like or not..but at least should be aware of.

Following Buddhist discipline, which he was also instructed, through pure meditation Buddha remained at the top of a tree for 20 years without food and drink or sleep. Several monks spend one week on pure meditation, to abstract the evils of the world and focus on what matters.

1. How do you expect them to know about that?

No one is obligated to even know about it. I don't even know how you EXPECT them to. One can say the same thing for anyone who hasn't read The Killing Joke. You can't expect anyone or everyone to read it or even hear about it.

2. I didn't answer what? That wasn't a question. I don't know what you want me to do with that? Are you then suggesting that,if Batman wanted to,he can live without food,drink,or sleep for 20 years? The dude got tired out in a matter of weeks as you said.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#192  Edited By entropy_aegis

@cameron83 said:

@alexander505 said:

?

He's a Snyder fan,doesn't care about Morrison.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

Retardation levels in this thread are high while reading comprehension remains poor.

No Caption Provided

Added one combatant every hour to the point they ran out. Nowhere does it say he was fighting for every single minute of those 28 hours. Even if they started with 10 dudes in the pit, Bruce can take them out in a matter of minutes. Then, its just one dude/hour.

....except it does say that. Right there, "28 hours straight". Instead of guessing that he didn't, why don't we just guess that he did, after all it does say "28 hours straight". Do you mind getting that whole page? Getting it in context would sure clear things up.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By cameron83

@toplel said:

Retardation levels in this thread are high while reading comprehension remains poor.

No Caption Provided

Added one combatant every hour to the point they ran out. Nowhere does it say he was fighting for every single minute of those 28 hours. Even if they started with 10 dudes in the pit, Bruce can take them out in a matter of minutes. Then, its just one dude/hour.

....except it does say that. Right there, "28 hours straight". Instead of guessing that he didn't, why don't we just guess that he did, after all it does say "28 hours straight". Do you mind getting that whole page? Getting it in context would sure clear things up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

No one is obligated to even know about it. I don't even know how you EXPECT them to. One can say the same thing for anyone who hasn't read The Killing Joke. You can't expect anyone or everyone to read it or even hear about it.

2. I didn't answer what? That wasn't a question. I don't know what you want me to do with that? Are you then suggesting that,if Batman wanted to,he can live without food,drink,or sleep for 20 years? The dude got tired out in a matter of weeks as you said.

Don't use ABC logic,think straight.

I don't suggesting this. I'm saying Batman is based on some real worlds disciplines and Buddhist teaches us to be more than we are, who may be able to do much more, we are able to have control over our emotions, mind and body. Like Bruce Lee was learning.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think an important factor everyone is overlooking is just how intense the fighting really was. I mean, people are making comparisons with ancient warriors and UFC fighters, saying that they can only fight for a few minutes before tiring - yeah, HARD fighting. Bruce on the other hand was most likely speedblitz/oneshotting everybody he came up against. Honestly the difficulty of this scenario should come from simply staying awake, not from Bruce struggling against a mass of nameless normal men. The feat isn't PIS (or WIS more accurately)

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

I don't suggesting this. I'm saying Batman is based on some real worlds disciplines and Buddhist teaches us to be more than we are, who may be able to do much more, we are able to have control over our emotions, mind and body. Like Bruce Lee was learning.

Those questions were rhetorical. Mainly to get them out of the way.

Batman has complete control over the functions in his body and such. But he cannot do things that are within his bodily limits. He is not able to overcome the natural limits within his body,no matter how much Willpower he puts in it. If he was shot in the heart,he would die. He's not going to live simply because he wills it. Again,that's a sloppy example,but it should be able to demonstrate my point that Batman DOES have the limits of the human body and cannot do things that his body doesn't will him to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Batman has complete control over the functions in his body and such. But he cannot do things that are within his bodily limits. He is not able to overcome the natural limits within his body,no matter how much Willpower he puts in it. If he was shot in the heart,he would die. He's not going to live simply because he wills it. Again,that's a sloppy example,but it should be able to demonstrate my point that Batman DOES have the limits of the human body and cannot do things that his body doesn't will him to.

For gods sakes Cameron,what's wrong with you?

I'm talking about endurance and not about durability,stick to the subject. How many times have you ever seen a human being past their own physical limits, people dragging trucks, running twice faster than others are able, people are able to do that what I said above. You could at least understand the Buddhist discipline and what it teaches? That's what is applied to Batman, tell me how monks can withstand temperatures around the Antarctic wearing light clothes or survive without food for weeks, only meditating?

He's a comic book peak human,he always will do something beyond human limits

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

For gods sakes Cameron,what's wrong with you?

I'm talking about endurance and not about durability,stick to the subject. How many times have you ever seen a human being past their own physical limits, people dragging trucks, running twice faster than others are able, people are able to do that what I said above. You could at least understand the Buddhist discipline and what it teaches? That's what is applied to Batman, I diag omo monks can withstand temperatures around the Antarctic wearing light clothes or sobreiver without food for weeks, only meditating?

He's a comic book peak human,he always will do something beyond human limits

....I don't think you understand my point....at all.

1. That was an example to convey my point...my point which you STILL DON'T GET!!!

2. I am not talking about the human body in real life.

3. The Human body has natural limits. Batman is a non-enhanced human and is bound to those limits. He cannot do things that the human body does not permit him to do,right? He cannot go beyond the body's natural limits,correct?

That's my point. Batman is unable to do things that are not within the human body's reach. Simply because it can do things that we are unaware of,it still has a very vague limit. Whether comics or real life,there is a very clear limit. You don't think that Batman can lift a truck over his head,do you? You don't think that he can run halfway around the world without rest or in a matter of hours,do you? That is my point....