#1 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a well known fact that Batman does not kill people but.......in Detective comics #27 (1st appearance of Bats) he knocks a dude into a giant tank of acid, which kills him, and then Batman basically says he deserved it. Kind of ironic that a hero who refuses to kill people killed someone in his first appearance.

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

He vowed not to kill aaaafter that

#3 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

was that persn the joker or something?

#4 Posted by The_Tree (6411 posts) - - Show Bio

He did originally kill, as did many characters of the time. If I'm not mistaken, the Comics Code came around and took his guns away, and his habit of killing people.

#5 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: no just a regular murderer.

#6 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest, the amount of people he's punched and threw around, i'm suprised no ones broken their neck

#7 Edited by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

he also killed a jewel thief in detective comics 28 (2nd appearance) by throwing him off the roof of a building.

#8 Posted by Skunkstein (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if comics where just slighty realistic, a hero like Superman and Batman would kill people, it may be unknowingly. I mean how many times have Superman destroyed huge parts of a city in order to win over an enemy, logicaly that kind of destruction in the middle of a city would take some victims, the same goes for Batman.

I had a run on Dragon Ball a few years back, read the manga and saw the anime. One thing that i found funny compared to american comics is that Goku often try to lure his enemies out of populated areas in order and try to save human lives... of cause Goku often end up destroying half the planet, but thats another thing.

After i read DB i always find it funny how much of a ''dont give a sh*t'' attitude the american heroes have when fighting...

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I am aware, after killing monster men because Bob Kane felt that it was a bad example to set...but I may be wrong.

#10 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

Well if comics where just slighty realistic, a hero like Superman and Batman would kill people, it may be unknowingly. I mean how many times have Superman destroyed huge parts of a city in order to win over an enemy, logicaly that kind of destruction in the middle of a city would take some victims, the same goes for Batman.

I had a run on Dragon Ball a few years back, read the manga and saw the anime. One thing that i found funny compared to american comics is that Goku often try to lure his enemies out of populated areas in order and try to save human lives... of cause Goku often end up destroying half the planet, but thats another thing.

After i read DB i always find it funny how much of a ''dont give a sh*t'' attitude the american heroes have when fighting...

Who?

Superman is a victim of domestic violence.

That why i like Batman, if Catwoman punch him, at least he fights back and then have angry sex.

#11 Posted by Skunkstein (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Skunkstein said:

Who?

That why i like Batman, if Catwoman punch him, at least he fights back and then have angry sex.

Thats a great picture. Damn Clark have some pride man! For the love of god!

#12 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Skunkstein said:

Who?

Difference

Superman (Good big blue boy scout) - Clark Kent (Shy and clumsy reporter)

Batman (F*cking scary and badass guy) - Bruce Wayne (Womaniser and incredibly rich)

Now who looks more capable.....hmmm..................

#13 Edited by Wilbertus (293 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest, the amount of people he's punched and threw around, i'm suprised no ones broken their neck

Actually, someone did.

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_burn said:

Actually, someone did.

That apparently means that Batman killed someone in his first, second, and fourth appearance XD

#15 Posted by silent_bomber (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by Mitrageist (7176 posts) - - Show Bio

^I actually laughed my @$$ off at that article. Cracked is the best.

#18 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1486 posts) - - Show Bio

^^What's that? "He's probably better off this way"? Actually, Batman, he definitely would have been way better off if you'd just shared the antidote to the serum you'd created moments earlier, but only thought to use on yourself.

LMFAO same here.

#19 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't his duty to judge who dies by his hand or any other's.

#20 Posted by russellmania77 (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman did some murders too in GA so what

#21 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Also he killed during his Dennis ONeill years.

I remember him going Terminator during that time.

Adam West Batman even said to his villains that if they hurted Miss Kitka (Catwoman Lee Merriwheter version), he would kill them, he tell them he was going to kill them.

#22 Posted by justice teen (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should make exceptions to his no killing rule

#23 Posted by redleader1 (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: no he stopped before the end of 39 so only a few issues with guns and don't forget that most older comics are written out of canon

#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Now he kills by accident.

I remmeber he bitch slaped a person to his doom once.

#25 Edited by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither Superman nor Batman gave the faintest bit of a s**t about killing crooks when they started. It wasn't until the Comics Code Authority rolled around that they came up with the no kill codes.