• 54 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

With Son of Batman now available, it's time to look ahead to the next DC Universe Original Movie. As you may have guessed, the next animated movie will feature Batman. What's different about this one is it's set in the world of the Batman: Arkham video game series.

On August 12, 2014, you can check out Batman: Assault on Arkham on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

No Caption Provided

Batman, one of the world’s most valiant super heroes, faces a villainous squad of criminals in an epic battle of good vs. evil in the DC Universe Original Movie, Batman: Assault on Arkham. Set in the world of the best-selling Batman: Arkham video game series, this action-packed film takes place between the Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum video games.Available on August 12, 2014 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, on Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD, this hit is one DC Comics fans won’t want to miss.

Gotham is in great danger when the government assembles a group of villains — code named the Suicide Squad — and forces them to break into Arkham Asylum to retrieve top secret information stolen by the Riddler. Things take a turn for the worse when one of the Squad members (Harley Quinn) frees the Joker, who is intent on blowing up Arkham Asylum and Gotham City. Batman must use his super hero wits and strength to thwart the wicked plans of the Joker and the Suicide Squad.

“Batman: Assault on Arkham is a thrill-ride with everything a fan would want — a courageous super hero, depraved villains, and suspenseful plot twists,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, WBHE Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “Featuring voice talent from some of today’s hottest television actors, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release this as the next DC Universe Original Movie.”

“Working on a new Batman story is always exciting,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series. “As a fan of the Arkham video games, I know this movie is going to entertain all Batman groups, from comic book and super hero fans to the most dedicated gamer.”

Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) voicesBatman, and joins forces with several Hollywood greats to bring the legendary characters to life. Adding to the celebrity-laden cast is Neal McDonough (Justified, Desperate Housewives) as Deadshot, Troy Baker (The Last of Us) as Joker, Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds) as Riddler, CCH Pounder (The Shield, Warehouse 13) as Amanda Waller, Greg Ellis (24) as Captain Boomerang, and Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad,Revolution) as Black Spider.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman: Assault on Arkham is directed by Jay Oliva (Man of Steel,Justice League: War) and Ethan Spaulding (Son of Batman) from a script written by Heath Corson (Justice League: War). Sam Register (Beware the Batman, Teen Titans Go!), Benjamin Melniker (The Dark Knight Rises) and Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight Rises) serve as executive producers. James Tucker (Son of Batman) is Supervising Producer.

Batman: Assault on Arkham has tons of exciting enhanced content. The Blu-ray Combo Pack will include:

Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum – This is the documentary that traces the strange, demonic history of the location where horror is mixed with the extremities of the criminally insane. A place where Batman must keep his watchful gaze, to insure that what goes in does not come out .... ever.

The Joker's Queen: Harley Quinn - If The Joker were to have a girlfriend, what would she be like? This featurette covers the story of the deviancy and often provocative side to The Joker’s greatest ally, Harley Quinn.

An advance look into the next DC animated feature film with the creators and cast.

Four episodes from the DC Comics Vault.

Check out the trailer.

What do you think? Do you like the idea of a movie set in the video game universe?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Looks good, I just wish Killer Frost didn't get more screen time then Firestorm.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Cool.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

The last three DC animated films were ''meh" please be good.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By the_comebacks

I'm pumped! this is coming up much sooner than I thought it would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Looks good, I just wish Killer Frost didn't get more screen time then Firestorm.

Me too. I'm not even sure why DC likes Killer Frost so much more.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008

I'm just hoping that my man Deadshot is done right here.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Did anyone else notice that the style of this movie is VERY similar to the concept art from Arkham Asylum from Carlos D'anda? Very cool

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Hopefully better than the last few DC animated movies

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Me too. I'm not even sure why DC likes Killer Frost so much more.

Probably because they want to add another female villain, which isn't even a good reason because DC has plenty of other evil chicks to choose from.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome back, Kevin. How I've missed you.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By WarDishy_

The last few DC animated movies didn't really do it for me. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This actually looks okay and the voice acting is tolerable.

Welcome back, Kevin. How I've missed you.

Amen.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks good imo

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The last three DC animated films were ''meh" please be good.

Yeah but the last 3 were all a part of the same universe & were based off of comic stories ( plus had the same animation ). I believe this one happens in the Batman TAS & the Arkham Games Universe.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

" Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman: Assault on Arkham is directed by Jay Oliva (Man of Steel,Justice League: War) and Ethan Spaulding (Son of Batman) from a script written by Heath Corson (Justice League: War). Sam Register (Beware the Batman, Teen Titans Go!), Benjamin Melniker (The Dark Knight Rises) and Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight Rises) serve as executive producers. James Tucker (Son of Batman) is Supervising Producer. "

I know that this is supposed to instill confidence...but it really has had the opposite effect on me.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I agree, I mean we even have freaking comic book readers who have no idea that she is Firestorms villain.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:

Looks good imo

I'd agree. Just hoping looks aren't deceiving.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Black Spider!! COOL

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's not gonna be as whack as 'Son of Batman'; Just bring back the team who made Under the Red Hood .

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome! I can't wait!

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so happy CCH Pounder is Waller again. Now if she would only do the role live as well.

ScottyHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 122

it's Arkham I'm hyped

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Wilbertus

I am excited. I am loving Troy Baker as Mr. J.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I like that this is essentially a Suicide Squad movie with CCH Pounder back as Waller. I'm all over this.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Err... why is Amanda Waller fat again here?

Wasn't she a little more fit in Arkham Origins?

But with Kevin Conroy and the Suicide Squad on board, I'm in.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm genuinely surprised users are being Honest about tHe fact tHat Son Of Batman sucked. Justice League: War wasn't anytHing terrible but it was just OK.

But SON OF BATMAN was straigHt garbage. Only tHe Batmites would say otHerwise, IMHO.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: there trying to push killer frost that's why she was in forever evil argus and a regular on the flash show. Just like vibe and katana but i think they stopped with katana.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good...hope its better then Son of Batman.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

A better question is, why isn't Deathstroke apart of this team? I chance to kill more people, get out of prison, and possibly screw over Waller. Sounds a lot better than rotting away behind bars. Why would he turn it down? Is it a pride thing?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By entropy_aegis

@m3th said:

I'm genuinely surprised users are being Honest about tHe fact tHat Son Of Batman sucked. Justice League: War wasn't anytHing terrible but it was just OK.

But SON OF BATMAN was straigHt garbage. Only tHe Batmites would say otHerwise, IMHO.

-ABstract4$$#073-

These so called Batmites are the ones who are the most critical of Son of Batman if you'd actually bothered to check before generalizing.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy, another Batman animated movie....

It looks good, just wish it was someone else.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Conroy hell yes. Also, the art reminds me a lot of the Red Hood animated movie.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#36  Edited By iceslick

@vandersexxx: @the_lobster_: I read this takes place 2 years before Arkham Asylum while Arkham Origins takes place 5 years before. So, I'm assuming she gained weight since then. I'm assuming Deathstroke decides not to join due to previous incarnations in the past. He doesn't like Amanda Waller's M.O. (method of operation) so he never joins.

@hyperlight: @allstarsuperman: It's King Shark, it's just a new look of him in this universe.

http://www.comicvine.com/king-shark/4005-17772/

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

Oh boy, another Batman animated movie....

It looks good, just wish it was someone else.

Well, to be fair, in the sneak peek that came with Son of Batman they were surprisingly upfront about the fact that this is pretty much a Suicide Squad movie guest-starring Batman and not the other way around.

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obsidian_raindrop1: Killer Frost was in Forever Evil ARGUS because the creator of the New 52 version took over the writing duties. Had the original writer (Matt Kindt) stayed on she never would have been in the mini.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: But still. It has to do with a majority of Batman's rogues and a splash of Batman. Sure Killer Frost and Boomerang is there, but other than that, it's Batman Villains The Movie.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

While I usually enjoy them I am so tired of these animated movies always focusing on Batman or Superman characters. Please do something else.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Taking a wild guess that the sneak peek at the next film will contain Batman...

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Not bad. I can't say I approve of any plot that puts Joker and Harley against each other, but we already know they get married in Arkham City.

I wonder if Jason Todd is Robin yet in this film. It was implied that "Asylum" was between Todd and Drake's times as Robin.

@vandersexxx said:

A better question is, why isn't Deathstroke apart of this team? I chance to kill more people, get out of prison, and possibly screw over Waller. Sounds a lot better than rotting away behind bars. Why would he turn it down? Is it a pride thing?

Both good questions. Maybe they'll be explained. My guess, Deathstroke is either busy on another mission or already betrayed the Squad.

Taking a wild guess that the sneak peek at the next film will contain Batman...

I have no doubts of this.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god not another Batman movie. Dc should change its name to bc...batman comics.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By SaintWildcard

@herrweis said:

Oh god not another Batman movie. Dc should change its name to bc...batman comics.

DC stands for Detective Comics.... that's not a joke that's a fact

Avatar image for hanniblekiller290
HannibleKiller290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is deathstroke?

Avatar image for hanniblekiller290
HannibleKiller290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is Deathstroke??????????

spartan_john

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spartan_john

@hanniblekiller290: Calm down, dude. He will have his turn.His popularity seems to be growing these years.

spartan_john

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot in it looks like a piece of trash.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@hanniblekiller290: Deathstroke appeared in Son of Batman movie. Since, this is the next animated feature, I guess they didn't wanna include him in this one.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

" Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman: Assault on Arkham is directed by Jay Oliva (Man of Steel,Justice League: War) and Ethan Spaulding (Son of Batman) from a script written by Heath Corson (Justice League: War). Sam Register (Beware the Batman, Teen Titans Go!), Benjamin Melniker (The Dark Knight Rises) and Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight Rises) serve as executive producers. James Tucker (Son of Batman) is Supervising Producer. "

I know that this is supposed to instill confidence...but it really has had the opposite effect on me.

hahaha you make a good point since this is the official press release. but i think they were just referencing most recent works. Hope my rewrite helps instill confidence, or at least shows that these people can either do amazing or really bad stuff and its just luck of the draw.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman: Assault on Arkham is directed by Jay Oliva (Batman: Dark Knight Returns,Young Justice) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) from a script written by Heath Corson (Justice League: War). Sam Register (Beware the Batman, Young Justice, Batman of Shanghai, and Batman Beyond 75 Anniversary Short), Benjamin Melniker (The Dark Knight, Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight, Batman '89) serve as executive producers. James Tucker (Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is Supervising Producer.