• 57 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb0e8a51856d
deactivated-5bb0e8a51856d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which one captured that true spirit of the batman universe? Which one was "spot on" with the characters they brought up?

Discus

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WastelandMan

I think it's obvious that the Arkham series captured the spirit of the universe more than the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight trilogy was sort of a re-imagining.

Love both though.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Arkham. This should be a poll.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@m_man said:

I think it's obvious that the Arkham series captured the spirit of the universe more than the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight trilogy was sort of a re-imagining.

Love both though.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

Love both though.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say, but without me making the effort to type it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

The Arkham Series by far but Nolan's series(excluding DKR) is very awesome too.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Black_Arrow

@m_man said:

Love both though.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video games vs Movies?

Not the same, there is no way this could be fair, since video games dont take the same logic that movies and have the huge advantage of all the emotions will give you by playing it, not only that games are going to be longer and you dont see it from the same distance you do with a movie.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham games.

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By gator4eva

@deathpoolthet1000: I definitely agree. It's easier to make up a cool plot for a video game and use it than it is for a movie. Especially movie sequels. You also have to add the fact that some people might not like the actor that plays certain rolls in the movie, where video games can make the characters look as close to the real deal as possible. The Arkham series included way more characters than the dark knight trilogy, so based on that alone people will prefer the video game. Add to that the fact that you play the game longer than you watch the movie and that most people enjoy video games more than movies and it's already going to be stacked in Arkham series' favor.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spirit of the Batman Universe? If you watch it closely then you'll see that Nolan's movies capture it perfectly as the Arkham games do. But the tone and environment, setting etc. of the Arkham games are closer to Comic Books then the movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I knew it was unfair, since well, you can be the batman himself in the video game. Or in other words in the video game you see it from a first person perspective and in the movie you see it from a third person perspective. But how about if we compare how well made were the characters? And acting. Which one brought up the characters alive? Which one nailed the characters more?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Arkham. This should be a poll.

Sorry, I was going to, but I forgot.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Arkham series is awesome, it made alot of characters better then their comic book versions.

I liked the Trilogy but only since I looked at it as a complete re-imagining, it doesnt hold a candle to the real bat.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@deathpoolthet1000: I definitely agree. It's easier to make up a cool plot for a video game and use it than it is for a movie. Especially movie sequels. You also have to add the fact that some people might not like the actor that plays certain rolls in the movie, where video games can make the characters look as close to the real deal as possible. The Arkham series included way more characters than the dark knight trilogy, so based on that alone people will prefer the video game. Add to that the fact that you play the game longer than you watch the movie and that most people enjoy video games more than movies and it's already going to be stacked in Arkham series' favor.

This.

For me it's Nolans trilogy,I'm not really fond of video games.Now as to the OP,the Nolan series captured the spirit the games captured the style and tone.

@bruxae said:

Arkham series is awesome, it made alot of characters better then their comic book versions.

I liked the Trilogy but only since I looked at it as a complete re-imagining, it doesnt hold a candle to the real bat.

It made no one better,well maybe Scarecrow.Hugo Strange and Bane were crap,the rest were exactly the same as their comicbook counterparts.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis: you didn't like Hugo Strange in the game? Mhh could you elaborate?

and i can see why you didn't like bane though. also i think it made penguin and killer croc better as well.

Ra's al Ghul's b*tch,Croc was the same,Penguin I would have agreed if it weren't for the Pain and Prejudice mini series.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ssejllenrad

Arkham series... But if I was given a choice between Arkhamverse and Burtonverse, I'd pick the latter.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Nolan-verse films do a really good take and twist on the Batman mythos, but so far the Arkham series has been doing so awesomely well in immersing me in this environment that Batman works in. It has all the "gritty darkness" of the movies, but not by being like the movies, if that makes sense. It takes its comic-book based world seriously, and as it is a video game, you the player get to spend so much more personal time getting in and "feeling" that world.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@theacidskull said:

@entropy_aegis: you didn't like Hugo Strange in the game? Mhh could you elaborate?

and i can see why you didn't like bane though. also i think it made penguin and killer croc better as well.

Ra's al Ghul's b*tch,Croc was the same,Penguin I would have agreed if it weren't for the Pain and Prejudice mini series.

I see, But Hugo was still very menacing and he did play a BIG role, as for croc, he was a joke in the comics, but here he seemed like serious threat, first time i ever liked the character

Yeah agreed, they also made Riddler more interesting.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@rustyroy said:

@theacidskull said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@theacidskull said:

I see, But Hugo was still very menacing and he did play a BIG role, as for croc, he was a joke in the comics, but here he seemed like serious threat, first time i ever liked the character

Yeah agreed, they also made Riddler more interesting.

Riddles are so much fun to solve in each game. The trophies are fun too, but the riddles are even better.

Anyways, I have to agree with most everyone that Arkham is better. Not really a fair comparison, but still a worthwhile discussion.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video games vs Movies?

Not the same, there is no way this could be fair, since video games dont take the same logic that movies and have the huge advantage of all the emotions will give you by playing it, not only that games are going to be longer and you dont see it from the same distance you do with a movie.

I agree with this statement. Nolan has pointed out the differences in adapting a comic book into a semi-realistic film.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plazehd: This Quotes are your awnser

@plazehd said:

I knew it was unfair, since well, you can be the batman himself in the video game. Or in other words in the video game you see it from a first person perspective and in the movie you see it from a third person perspective. But how about if we compare how well made were the characters? And acting. Which one brought up the characters alive? Which one nailed the characters more?

Now as to the OP,the Nolan series captured the spirit the games captured the style and tone.

This quotes are the freacking truth

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gator4eva said:

This.

For me it's Nolans trilogy,I'm not really fond of video games.Now as to the OP,the Nolan series captured the spirit the games captured the style and tone.

@bruxae said:

It made no one better,well maybe Scarecrow.Hugo Strange and Bane were crap,the rest were exactly the same as their comicbook counterparts.

I see so 1 = no one? I think Killer Croc was made alot better too, hes the ultimate jobber in comics. There was alot of small visual upgrades too, just general improvements.

I agree Bane were pretty bad though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By entropy_aegis

@bruxae said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@gator4eva said:

This.

@bruxae said:

I see so 1 = no one? I think Killer Croc was made alot better too, hes the ultimate jobber in comics. There was alot of small visual upgrades too, just general improvements.

I agree Bane were pretty bad though.

I dont think making Scarecrow better is much of an achievement,a horror characters like him is always gonna come across better in a live action environment over a piece of paper,same goes for Croc.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RustyRoy

Agreed

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Arkham series captured the gritty feel and seriousness but still had fantasy and a comic book feel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both are good but have to go with the Arkham series.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: he worked with Ra's but I wouldn't call him his b*tch. Hugo and Ra's had the same goals so Hugo used Ra's to an extent not only the other way around.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Breadspread

@deathpoolthet1000: I agree, apples and oranges.

The entire Nolan trilogy is less than 8 hours. The first games's main story, not including side quests and extras, is over 12 hours.

And as mentioned already, the way we engage with each one is completely different. One is passive and the other is interactive.

The Medium is the message.

The video games also use voice actors that we associate with other Bat-media. I'm sold as soon as I hear Hamil's cackle.

Video games have to take it, but it was an unfair fight from the beginning.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arkham stomps on nolans movies.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Both good, Arkham better imo. Anyone want to discuss?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#36 frozen  Moderator

Both are great. Games and Movies are not the same though. In a game, you can play up to 10 hours of gameplay in one sitting and the makers can add different aspects whenever they want (gadgets, etc). All 3 Nolan films combined do not equal the gameplay campaign runtime of one Arkham Game. The films had to tell Batman's entire story in around 9 hours, which is a damn hard task.

I'd agree with the previous claim that the Nolan films captured the spirit better whereas the games captured the style and tone better.

I prefer Arkham Batman though.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will expand more on what I quoted. Nolan´s remagining caught the spirit of Batman stories completely but the Arkham universe for obvious reasons has an spirit more closer to the comics in tone and style. Both of them in their own way have the true spirit of Batman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@black_arrow: I agree. I do prefer Arkham Batman over Nolan Batman, for a number of reasons.

But I also think Arkham is just a TAS update.

My favorite Batman is the Batman from THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@black_arrow: I agree. I do prefer Arkham Batman over Nolan Batman, for a number of reasons.

But I also think Arkham is just a TAS update.

My favorite Batman is the Batman from THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

I think Rocksteady intended for it to be similar to TAS. I mean you already know what fans love why change the formula make something with similar style and put it in the game. I love both Miller stories TDKR and Year one but My personal favorite are the batman as sometimes is potrayed by Grant Morrison.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I will expand more on what I quoted. Nolan´s remagining caught the spirit of Batman stories completely but the Arkham universe for obvious reasons has an spirit more closer to the comics in tone and style. Both of them in their own way have the true spirit of Batman.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Nolan realism destroy beauty of Batman universe. Oh Nolanites, please stop saying oh Nolan is make the best Batman ever blah blah blah. Please, Batman doesn't need realism and nolanism. They destroy comicbook.

Meanwhile Nolanites, don't say make stupid statement saying oh Nolan Batman beat Arkham games Batman and Batman TAS when clearly Nolan Batman retire for 8 years just for a girl, then comeback then retire again. Seriously Bob Kane and Bill Finger will be upset with that

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

Love both though.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say, but without me making the effort to type it.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both series are great overall. But I have to go with the Arkham games.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan realism destroy beauty of Batman universe. Oh Nolanites, please stop saying oh Nolan is make the best Batman ever blah blah blah. Please, Batman doesn't need realism and nolanism. They destroy comicbook.

Meanwhile Nolanites, don't say make stupid statement saying oh Nolan Batman beat Arkham games Batman and Batman TAS when clearly Nolan Batman retire for 8 years just for a girl, then comeback then retire again. Seriously Bob Kane and Bill Finger will be upset with that

what's a Nolanite?

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As movies, I think the Nolan trilogy was awesome. However, when trying to capture the "spirit" of the Batman universe, it really fails. Nolan likes to make movies that are grounded in reality, so there was no way that he would embrace the comic book roots. Batman is such a weakling in the movies. He's probably clocked in like a total year and a half as Batman before his body gets completely broken. He can't fight at all, gets beaten up by dogs, relies on other people to take out his villains, acts out of character (like letting Ra's die) and does other stupid stuff (like that voice!). The Arkham games, on the other hand, really capture the essence of Batman through his fighting, his gadgets/tech, his villains, his allies, and just other things in general.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Arkham.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: a Nolanite is just a fanboy of Christopher Nolan; they treat him like he's the best director ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not fair to say because Nolan didn't try to capture the comic book batman world. He did his own. But yeah Arkham had the true spirit down.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan's Batman isn't Batman. He isn't a detective, he relies on other people to help him with almost everything and he has no trouble killing.

Arkham Batman on the other hand is a pretty valid interpretation, entertaining and well done.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think both the TDK trilogy and the Arkham games capture the spirit of the characters aside from TDKR. Clearly the Arkham games are closer in tone to the comics, that's without a doubt.