Batman: Arkham Knight Discussion

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@punyparker: I was actually just going by the 4chan leak. If that isn't true though I hope he at least gives batman a few good punches

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker: I was actually just going by the 4chan leak. If that isn't true though I hope he at least gives batman a few good punches

He will,every Rocksteady trailer has a meaning,so this whole "No more Batman" will mean something in the game.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker: awesome, he's going to kick Batman's ass lol

And Batman's going to kick his back xD

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

He will,every Rocksteady trailer has a meaning,so this whole "No more Batman" will mean something in the game.

No more Batman can only mean one thing - BatGod

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

@jayc1324 said:

No more Batman can only mean one thing - BatGod

YES! :P

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Well, this thread is awesome! I'm looking forward to Arkham Knight - I'm in the camp that thought Arkham Origins was the greatest Arkham game and I'm looking forward to this one - hoping it'll be on par with the previous instalment.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I knew you'd say something about Origins, Lol!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@punyparker:

I didn't though......just reacted. :P

No worries, man... no worries :D Which one is your favourite?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By PunyParker

@themetalgearzero said:

@punyparker said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@punyparker:

I didn't though......just reacted. :P

No worries, man... no worries :D Which one is your favourite?

Asylum, obviously.
But City's the best.

Favorite : Asylum
Best : City

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Asylum's a classic - although gameplay wise, I liked Origins. My gripe with every single game from the series is the emptiness of Gotham. As the games progress, the map enlarges but there isn't a damn point because there's barely anything to do in them, so...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Asylum's a classic - although gameplay wise, I liked Origins. My gripe with every single game from the series is the emptiness of Gotham. As the games progress, the map enlarges but there isn't a damn point because there's barely anything to do in them, so...

Eh,it was story-based.They had a reason to do so.

Knight's gonna have a city 3ple the size of Arkham City's city........(god DAMN)

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Holy crap! Although, like I explained - if they're expanding the city... add some more stuff and content into it unless it's almost useless. I'm looking forward to playing as Jason Todd, though.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Holy crap! Although, like I explained - if they're expanding the city... add some more stuff and content into it unless it's almost useless. I'm looking forward to playing as Jason Todd, though.

Hope he has a story and not just some challenge maps,like Dick had.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After looking at them again, I don't believe those 4chan spoilers. Some stuff sounds fishy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/23842/article/batman-arkham-knight-red-hood-and-robin-designs-revealed/

Robins new costume leaked.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I'm SO vurious to see the Jason direction,they'll take.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I'm interested to hear why you feel this way

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

After looking at them again, I don't believe those 4chan spoilers. Some stuff sounds fishy.

You can never know.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope Nightwing is playable in this. I'm gonna be super bummed if he isn't.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#472  Edited By animehunter

Arkham Knight gets new release date

June 2nd, 2015

Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The game is going to be so awesome.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

so much threads omg i didn't know where to post it so here you go!

No Caption Provided

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arkham Knight's Identity Speculation Idea #758:

It's Hugo Strange's faster, stronger, smarter, younger and sexier clone. Protocol 11 was meant to release him from his confinement in Hugo's secret lab, however, his development and training was not fully finished, which is why he only has the vaguest of motives and ideas of what he has to do. One persistent notion that has been hammered into him by older Hugo's training however, is a pathological dislike of Batman, and a desire to replace him as the newer, better Batman. He has set about building an army of his own, in the process hunting down a leaderless League of Shadows one-by-one and eliminating them, and establishing a fragile alliance with the Scarecrow, whom he plans to double-cross in order to install a police state across Gotham.

It wouldn't completely make-up for Hugo getting some infuriatingly punked in Arkham City's ending by Ra's al Ghul, but it would provide some satisfaction at the very least.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By SionistheBoss

Can barely wait for this. I love the Scarecrow's look and his assumingly large role. Same with two-face. Penguin looked better in city but seems alto more intense. The Riddler looks cool but sounds like his challenges will be far stranger. I like the Arkham Knight but dont like his reason for being made. "We wanted a more physical challenge for Batman." Your job is to turn batmans world into a video game. That means you figure out ways to make his villains into physical challenges like you did in Asylum and City. Not only that but since he was made for simply fighting he will most likely have little if no character development. What i mean is he will be an awesome fighter but a sh'ty character. He'll be boring. I just hope Rocksteady fixes that and makes an incredible game like Asylum and City.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so much threads omg i didn't know where to post it so here you go!

No Caption Provided

You passed the test,young one.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: lol yay! I take it this is the thread where anything goes for Batman?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the announcement that Rocksteady'sBatman: Arkham Knightwill be the last entry in the widely acclaimed and belovedBatman: Arkhamseries having come awhile back now, we've all had some time to process the sadness, and - here at Moviepilot, at least - to channel it into the rampant enthusiasmArkham Knightdeserves.

Which is to say - the game may not be due to hit our consoles until June 2, 2015, but we're already way too excited about it. We've been trying to cool ourselves down though - after all, it's still a long way away.

Not pictured: the Arkham Knight development team.
Not pictured: the Arkham Knight development team.

And then, Rocksteady's Guy Perkins got talking to IGN about the game, and that all went right out the window:

"If people walk away thinking this is the ultimate Batman simulator, then our job is complete...We gave them Gotham City, we gave them Batman at the height of his powers and we gave them the Batmobile. I think those three elements come together to make a great game. If people go away feeling like it was awesome, we've done a good job."

Which - aside from making the game sound even more awesome than it already did - got us thinking about something pretty fundamental about Arkham Knight.

Other than Batman...
Other than Batman...

Could it - as Perkins suggests - actually be the "ultimate Batman simulator" we've all been wanting since we first picked up a controller as little, Batman-pajama wearing kids?

Well, let's take a look.

First up:

Gotham City

In all its crime-stained glory...
In all its crime-stained glory...

Where better to start than with the city itself? After all, Gotham defines Batman, much as Batman defines Gotham.

Previous installments of the Arkham series hinted at the possibility of exploring a huge, open world Gotham - with Arkham City andArkham Origins both opening up the original Arkham Asylum's claustrophobic focus - but still didn't come close to capturing the vast, epic scale of Gotham's scum-filled hell hole in the way Grand Theft Auto V did for San Andreas.

So... Epic...
So... Epic...

With Arkham Knight reportedly set to feature a world five times larger than Arkham City, we might finally be set to truly explore Gotham - as Batman - in a way we never have before.

There's a very particular reason for that expansion, though - and it's awesome...

The Batmobile

And accompanying Squeeeee...
And accompanying Squeeeee...

As Perkins points out:

"the big thing that was always missing for us was the Batmobile. It was always missing but wouldn't have worked in Asylum or City, so to build an open-world around that was crucial."

So, that major element of the Bat-mythos, the Batmobile? You'll be able to drive that bad boy come June next year.

Oh, and control it remotely, winch the crap out of things, shoot stuff indiscriminately and use its freaking ejector seat.

Pictured: Happiness.
Pictured: Happiness.

Just. Like. Batman.

Which is handy, because the game is set to feature:

The Full Fledged, Full Throttle Batman

Also: Full-winged.
Also: Full-winged.

None of the raw, early Caped Crusader of Arkham Origins this time around it seems - this is a Batman who is very much, as Perkins puts it, "at the peak of his powers."

Which means more gliding, more gadgets, more grapnel-gunning everything you see, and a whole lot of stealthy, detection-infused crime-fighting action.

Which is exactly what we want to feel when we're playing as Batman - like the ultimate crime-fighter. The possibility that Arkham Knightwon't feel the need to restrain is mouth-wateringly exciting.

"Sorry, bro."
"Sorry, bro."

The only downside? What that means for...

The Villains

Other than the inevitable punching.
Other than the inevitable punching.

(Note, SPOILERSfor Arkham City from here on out...)

Specifically, as Perkins suggests, the fact that the criminal underworld of Gotham is going to have a very different feel to it compared with previous installments:

"The death of the Joker at the end of Arkham City has created a different world for the criminals of Arkham Knight...He’s not there to disrupt the things they’re doing, so you have to imagine a world where he’s not there and not causing that chaos. They can get organized, work together and offer a more formidable challenge. [Batman is] at the peak of his powers, but without his nemesis there to cock things up for everyone else then they get the chance to be a bit stronger, a bit braver and do things differently."
But not THAT differently.
But not THAT differently.

So, just to clarify, it'll be a whole lot more like the world Batman's been inhabiting in the comics and Bale-starring movies for years? And, also, of course, a whole lot more like the real world. So...awesome?

The only problem? The lack of:

A Genuine Nemesis

And...there're my nightmare for the week...
And...there're my nightmare for the week...

After all, there's no Joker this time around, so the big bad'll seem a whole lot less exciting, surely?

Well, maybe.

Except, of course, The Scarecrow's in it. And, as Perkins puts it:

"We left Scarecrow out of Arkham City for a reason so he’s back in as the big bad and it’s great for us to bring him back....He’s a great mirror for Batman, as they both use fear as a weapon of choice. There’s a dichotomy there."

Meaning Arkham Knight could have an even more effective lead villain - one who represents less of a psychotic opposite to Batman, and more a horrifying dark mirroring of his own identity.

Can anyone else smell 'increased psychological complexity' on the breeze?

Rarely what The Rock is cooking...
Rarely what The Rock is cooking...

So, just to double check, we're talking:

A vast open world.

An actual Batmobile.

A no-holds-barred Batman.

Even more realistic Enemies.

and a seriously problematic nemesis.

We most likely won't find out for sure whether all that'll make Arkham Knight the ultimate Batman simulator we're all hoping for until June next year - but in the meantime? Just remember...

Batman. Always. Wins.

ALWAYS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have complete faith this will be the ultimate batman game, and one of the best games ever. They way its looking now, its going to be miles ahead of asylum and city. I really hope those 4chan spoilers weren't true now

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be the best comic book game ever.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It was the same game as the last games with a new story. They should start calling these games Call of Batman since they put as much effort into the sequels as they do in CoD.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@punyparker:

Shouldn't this me Arkham Series discussion? Why cant we discuss all the games? Just a small nit-pick :P

I'm really hoping The Arkham Knight isn't a stranger.

- TAS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

This is going to be the best comic book game ever.

This IS going to,yes.

@punyparker:

Shouldn't this me Arkham Series discussion? Why cant we discuss all the games? Just a small nit-pick :P

I'm really hoping The Arkham Knight isn't a stranger.

- TAS

No,it's about Arkham Knight.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Oh, okay! That's cool, then >__>

Hm... notifications aren't working O_o

- TAS

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else think that Scarecrow actually is not Jonathan Crane ? This his new look for me is... somehow so different of his look... Just like that someone took his place (to be scarecrow) !

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By PunyParker
Loading Video...

Just a tribute.

Thatspiderguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a spidey fan, I'm so much looking forward to this game! I played Arkham city , and I thought it was awesome!

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Did anyone else think that Scarecrow actually is not Jonathan Crane ? This his new look for me is... somehow so different of his look... Just like that someone took his place (to be scarecrow) !

No. It is Johnathan.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By Valdemocnij

So... James Horan will give voice to Arkham Knight... and he already give voice to Jack Ryder :) maybe is then Jack - Arkham Knight... :) Or will James give voice for few characters ;) but again Ryder is th Creeper :D Will be nice to get the creeper in game :D... man what i ajust say.... blahh... forget :P

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Todd is the Arkham Knight.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can't wait. Until then, Lego Batman 3 will have to entertain me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...