Batman: Arkham Announcement Coming New Year's Eve

• 108 results
PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Warner Bros. is teasing an imminent announcement regarding the Batman: Arkham franchise, set to be revealed on New Year's Eve.
A post on Facebook reveals a "special announcement" will be made on December 31, though quite what it pertains to is unclear.

1531937_691723397526822_1982057500_n

"Visit this page on December 31st for a special announcement…more details to come next week," reads the accompanying text.

What this could refer to is anyone's guess. The likelihood is that it's the narrative-focused DLC we were told was coming in early 2014. There's always a slim chance that it could be the rumoured next-gen Arkham title could be about to get a reveal, but that seems unlikely, given that it'd be announced at a time when most people are preoccupied with seeing in the New Year.

There's one other, tantalising possibility though. Could we be about to bid a tearful farewell to the Year of Luigi, just to be welcomed into the loving arms of the Year of the Bat?! That's the only Christmas present I've ever wanted, anyway.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PunyParker
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Ninjablade09
PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Story DLC....

I thought so too......it's NYE so i guess Calendar Man or Holiday from TLH.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just announce that Rocksteady next gen already..... I'm losing my patience!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just announce that Rocksteady next gen already..... I'm losing my patience!

I want to believe it,but for a November 2014 game,isn't it a tad early?.....i mean Origins was announced,what,February 2013?!....
I surely hope, it to be from Rocksteady.......if it's a story dlc,i won't be happy......

The only DLC i got was the one with the guy you have on your avatar,in Arkham City.........

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: no not even. Some games are announced earlier than that. Arkham City was announced 2009 VGA's right after AA came out. I think they should just scrap the DLC because barely anyone would buy it. Just announce whatever rocksteady is working on to generate hype back into the franchise and at WB, because that is what people are truly interested in.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather it be some dlc honestly. It's waaaaaaaaaay too early to be announcing another game in the franchise unless it's them revealing more info about the vita game they said was coming out.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: no not even. Some games are announced earlier than that. Arkham City was announced 2009 VGA's right after AA came out. I think they should just scrap the DLC because barely anyone would buy it. Just announce whatever rocksteady is working on to generate hype back into the franchise and at WB, because that is what people are truly interested in.

Yeah,i totally agree.......even if they show zero footage,the hype will be massive!.....just how the game is called,and that Kevin Conroy voicing Batman(which we already know via himself)....that will get people going.

And now that i think of it,it may be a Rocksteady announcement after all......Conroy said months ago,when asked about the next Arkham game(when he made the mistake,remember?) that "I can talk about it,finally,we've been working on it for almost 9 months" ......and he said that,then!........that means,we may get the Rocksteady announcement....

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's the Suicide Squad announcement since Deathstroke was called for it

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I just have a feeling it isn't a regular DLC announcement. All the major news sites are reporting on it, likely because they were told to and it is going to be something big.

And about that stuff Kevin Conroy was talking about, it could've been about the animated movie supposedly coming out in 2014, and it's based on the arkhamverse.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PunyParker

And about that stuff Kevin Conroy was talking about, it could've been about the animated movie supposedly coming out in 2014, and it's based on the arkhamverse.

No.Just no.

1. 9 months is an enormous time to record an animated movie....Andrea Romano has said it takes a week,or two.
  2. He said it is an "unbelievable game" .

You don't need more proof than that!

Loading Video...

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: it's not really animated, there have been rumors it was going to be all cgi, but it doesn't matter. Just wait until the 31st and all will be revealed

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PunyParker

@nightwing817 said:

@punyparker: it's not really animated, there have been rumors it was going to be all cgi, but it doesn't matter. Just wait until the 31st and all will be revealed

Watch the vid....he says "game" dude....

But anyway,if it won't be the 31st it will be on another date.......we're getting Arkham 3.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: just saw it. The game should be amazing.

And it better have free roam Nightwing action!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PunyParker

@nightwing817 said:

@punyparker: just saw it. The game should be amazing.

And it better have free roam Nightwing action!

It will be amazing.It's Rocksteady....many thought it can't get better than Asylum.

I hope so.....i mean,you had Selina and Tim in City.....the logical "expansion" would be Dick and Alfred! :P

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: all that PLUS co-op. With the story moving to the true Gotham city, and all those characters being established in the batfamily, it only makes sense. They had co-op multiplayer in origins, so there's no reason to not have it in A3. And also it would just elevate the series even more. A driveable batwing would be cool too. Instead of worrying about the citizens having to move out the way or exquisite driving mechanics, just have that thing soaring through the skies.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: all that PLUS co-op. With the story moving to the true Gotham city, and all those characters being established in the batfamily, it only makes sense. They had co-op multiplayer in origins, so there's no reason to not have it in A3. And also it would just elevate the series even more. A driveable batwing would be cool too. Instead of worrying about the citizens having to move out the way or exquisite driving mechanics, just have that thing soaring through the skies.

Yeah,Origins's city was at least....dissapointing....3rd game i see Wayne Tower from far away......

A more usefull Batcave is a must,i think.......and of cource,as you ponted it out,a FULL Gotham City,and a full Bat cast,playable........
And as for story,we have SOOOO much potential from the doors Arkham City left open......i mean....hell.....it's not even potential,it's clear promise.

I would love to soar through the skies in the Batwing.....damn.
Imagine HOW GOOD a game like that would be.....in Rocksteady we trust!

Well,a game focused fully on Batman,and have some missions as Tim,Selina(like City) and Dick,won't mind me at all........now that i think of it......only add full Gotham City please.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@punyparker: This was just posted on the Arkhamverse.com forums.... I hope this isn't true.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: The problem with a drivable Batwing is the moment you add a flying componet it sherinks the world you build so unless they are making a GTA size world flying is a no go its one of the reasons making a Superman Game is so hard

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I think the cast sould be small the problem with Batman right now is that he and his family have titles coming out the ass and shoe-horning in more characters would just feel over whelming since you chouldnt give each character really enough time time shine plus who the hell wants to play Tim when they can play Batman thou if they are only in multiplayer it would be fine

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nightwing817

@nightwing817: The problem with a drivable Batwing is the moment you add a flying componet it sherinks the world you build so unless they are making a GTA size world flying is a no go its one of the reasons making a Superman Game is so hard

True. But they could handle it. They've been working on the game for 2 years already, which is an ample amount of time to create a world that large.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: dont get me wrong i would love to fly the bat wing well really all the Bat-vehicles but you also run into the problems of how you limit becuase really you cant have Batman crashing his plane into random people means its only really use is a fast travel devise

thou if they did something like they did on "The Batman" where he fought Maxie Zues that could be pretty freaking cool

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nightwing817

@lordofthenorth: yep that's true also. Whatever ends up happening, I just want the final product to be solid and end the trilogy perfectly so they can move on to someone else.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: sorry but their is no way they are stopping at the next one they are going to milk Bat-cow for all he is worth

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: unfortunately I feel like this might happen. Maybe if enough people ask for a certain superhero game, they'd consider it.

Superman maybe?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@nightwing817: Superman just has to many problems to turn into a game like i said before part of the issues is flying which means they have to create a gaint world which means its going to be expensive to make than you have the problem of enemies Superman cant be fighting comman thugs like Batman becuase his super powers mean he is going to mow down guys dynisty worriors style than boss fights becuase supermans villains can knock down whole buildings with one punch

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: there's plenty of ideas about how a superman game can be made by AAA studios. If you want you can read it on my blog. I came up with a pretty good idea for one about a month ago. The only problem is the time and dedication it takes to make one.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nightwing817

@lordofthenorth: WB can afford it. Especially if it has a great reception from the audience, and has similar sales to AA and AC. They'll definitely go for it.

The hype alone from an announcement that they're working on a Superman game would be worth it for WB to give it a try.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I think the cast sould be small the problem with Batman right now is that he and his family have titles coming out the ass and shoe-horning in more characters would just feel over whelming since you chouldnt give each character really enough time time shine plus who the hell wants to play Tim when they can play Batman thou if they are only in multiplayer it would be fine

True statement......if you look at my last post i admit,at the end, that a Batman fully focused game would be just fine,with some side missions as Robin or Dick........at the end of the day,we need to continue the Arkham City story,right?!.....Azrael,Crane,Hush......

No Caption Provided

@punyparker: This was just posted on the Arkhamverse.com forums.... I hope this isn't true.

A Joker DLC........seriously,a JOKER dlc.....from all the characters.......the Joker?!.........

F off.

Avatar image for iwantyoubecauseimmrbane
IWantYouBecauseImMrBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's a new next gen Arkham game.

Paul Dini said on Fatman on Batman that he has a big project that he couldn't talk about just yet dealing with batman when they were on the subject of video games. Since he only worked on Rock steady versions of Arkham games, I'd put money on it being a new game and not DLC

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gahhh just release the damn GOTY so I can play bloody Origins already!

IWantYouBecauseImMrBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: the December 11th episode. It is possible that I could be mixing a bunch of things from different times in my head though

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IWantYouBecauseImMrBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: Didn't he say at some point of the episode that he was working on something that he couldn't talk about yet?

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IWantYouBecauseImMrBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PunyParker

@iwantyoubecauseimmrbane: @nightwing817:

He set up SO many stuff in City......you really thought he wouldnt come back for the 3rd?!....seriously?!

and @nightwing817 i heard it too,Smith was asking him to talk about the video games,and he said he has a "big Batman project coming,i cant talk about yet"......what?...he's writing the next LEGO Batman?......NO!.....He's writing City's sequel.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I must have missed it then. There was an image teased on batmanarkham's Instagram and Facebook earlier today. Doesn't show much though.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: Seriously,if it's a stupid DLC,i'll be kinda pissed.....they tease it 1 week earlier,bump up the hype,and it's a DLC......imagine that!...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I am intrigued.
I still haven't played AO.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am intrigued.

I still haven't played AO.

That's a felony!

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: it has an amazing story and a couple good boss battles. The gameplay is almost exactly copy and paste from AC, but the story is worth it.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nightwing817

@punyparker: yea I'll be upset too. If you think about it, this would be the perfect time to announce a new game. It's right at the end of the year, nobody is really reporting on anything, and you're leading into batman's 75th anniversary. You would not only have the spotlight to yourself, but it would generate hype for the new year. And while having the spotlight to yourself, more news stations can report on it in time and more people can speculate about it. It's genius.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PunyParker

@squalleon: it has an amazing story and a couple good boss battles. The gameplay is almost exactly copy and paste from AC, but the story is worth it.

Whoa whoa whoa......

1. the "Joker is someone he's not" is a knock off from City...
  2. Cheap advertisement,when 1 hour in the game,and you know that the main advertisement base,is fake,with Black Mask being someone he's not.

Well,these.....okay,i liked the game,but it had plot holes,logic gaps,and all kind of "lacks".......playing AC after this,you just see how more detailed and τrimmed it is,than Origins...

But yeah,it's worth the money,i guess....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: yea I'll be upset too. If you think about it, this would be the perfect time to announce a new game. It's right at the end of the year, nobody is really reporting on anything, and you're leading into batman's 75th anniversary. You would not only have the spotlight to yourself, but it would generate hype for the new year. And while having the spotlight to yourself, more news stations can report on it in time and more people can speculate about it. It's genius.

It accually is......the fact that it's the leading ti the anniversary,and you are announcing the (potentially) best Batman game ever,it's really intruiging.....and they don't have to release a trailer or something.....just an announcement would be enough to drive people(like us) nuts!!

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nightwing817

@punyparker: all they have to do is announce that the game is in development and all will be happy. And for people that thinks it's too early for something like that, it's not. There are games that were announced at E3 that don't even have a release date and won't come out until fall 2014.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: all they have to do is announce that the game is in development and all will be happy. And for people that thinks it's too early for something like that, it's not. There are games that were announced at E3 that don't even have a release date and won't come out until fall 2014.

Exacly....and i think they realise how hyped will people be after an announcement