Batman and Robin title is being replaced with...

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

BATMAN AND RED ROBIN #19

BATMAN AND RED HOOD #20

BATMAN AND BATGIRL #21

BATMAN AND CATWOMAN #22

BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23

Honestly, I would rather just have Batman and Red Hood be the series from now. It could deal with Red Hood floating around Batman, Nightwing, and Red Robin, and his relationship with them

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mpierce2690

My understanding is that it's going to loop back around to Batman and Robin with issue #24, so we could have a new Robin by then, and it's hard not to think it'll be Carrie Kelly.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stronger

Batman and Nightwing!

Please make it happen!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@uncleemu said:

BATMAN AND RED ROBIN #19

BATMAN AND RED HOOD #20

BATMAN AND BATGIRL #21

BATMAN AND CATWOMAN #22

BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23

Honestly, I would rather just have Batman and Red Hood be the series from now. It could deal with Red Hood floating around Batman, Nightwing, and Red Robin, and his relationship with them

old news

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are all going to be winners. This title has been remarkable. I'm looking forward to seeing what it becomes once the smoke clears.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I was second guessing jumping on what with there being no Robin right now. But the idea of exploring Bruce's different relationships with each Bat family member in a single issue is a great idea IMO. Love to see some Bruce and Jason. Definitely going to pick that up this week.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@stronger said:

Batman and Nightwing!

Please make it happen!

This is honestly the next best thing and it could switch between this and 8-16 year old Dick.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Meh. I was hoping it was getting cancelled and replaced by a NON Batman comic.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I was hoping it was getting cancelled and replaced by a NON Batman comic.

Sorry dude but won't happen. It was the 3rd best selling DC title last month and consistently getting rave reviews.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tim Drake could always return to being Robin. Preferably with a more aesthetically-pleasing costume, though.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

After RHATO #18, I actually like the idea of Jason filling the role of sidekick

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

That's just the five stages of greif

Lady_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and the Black Bat!

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Batman and bat-mite

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

My understanding is that it's going to loop back around to Batman and Robin with issue #24, so we could have a new Robin by then, and it's hard not to think it'll be Carrie Kelly.

@mpierce2690 said:

That's too bad. 1) I didn't really like Carrie Kelly (or TDKR in general). 2) It'd be nice to have a year or two without a Robin so Batman can get back on his feet, and so we don't get a cliche "fill the gap" moment, and so we could have a year or two of team-up "Batman and--" titles like currently is happening.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chocolatefrogs: For the record, I'm not a fan of TDKR either. I'm a Batman Beyond guy all the way. I'm just kind of reading the information at hand, and my money is on Carrie Kelly becoming Robin. I don't see how the book continues without a Robin otherwise.

That being said, if I was the editor of the Batman-Family, I'd be canceling this book and moving Tomasi and Gleason to Detective Comics to keep this team together on a solo Batman book and probably start up a non-Batman book in it's place.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chocolatefrogs: For the record, I'm not a fan of TDKR either. I'm a Batman Beyond guy all the way. I'm just kind of reading the information at hand, and my money is on Carrie Kelly becoming Robin. I don't see how the book continues without a Robin otherwise.

That being said, if I was the editor of the Batman-Family, I'd be canceling this book and moving Tomasi and Gleason to Detective Comics to keep this team together on a solo Batman book and probably start up a non-Batman book in it's place.

- I think that having Tomasi on detective comics would be interesting.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I have been pleasantly surprised by Tomasi. I'd love to see him stay on Batman in the event there won't be a new Robin and the book gets cancelled, which like I said, I doubt is going to happen and predict it'll be Carrie Kelly.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I have been pleasantly surprised by Tomasi. I'd love to see him stay on Batman in the event there won't be a new Robin and the book gets cancelled, which like I said, I doubt is going to happen and predict it'll be Carrie Kelly.

- I actually did not want a Robin at all however, DC has shown to be afraid to change the status quo.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Batman and Robin has been consistently good but with Robins death spoilers (you already knew) I wouldn't mind an Avenging Spider-Man route whereas it's Batman co-staring a DC hero

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So is not really getting cancelled? Just taken a break and returning with issue 24?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If there was a Batman & Nightwing title I might actually read it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something major is going to happen in Batman and Nightwing #24. They'll probably reveal the new Robin. Any guess about who's gonna be the next Robin?

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thejman251

@rustyroy said:

Something major is going to happen in Batman and Nightwing #24. They'll probably reveal the new Robin. Any guess about who's gonna be the next Robin?

- Unfortunately, it will probably be a girl instead of no one at all.

- I don't know how Batman and Nightwing 024 is supposed to be the "acceptance" of Damian's death if your simply going to replace him for some insane and illogical need to have a Robin, a minor, in life threatening danger.

- The only apparent candidates are Carrie, Stephanie Brown V2-- i mean Harper, and that random girl from Batman Inc V2 issue 8.

- Additionally, i'm no longer keen on reading tomasi's drivel after the atrocities that were B&R 19 and B&R 20.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: Someone at Tumblr pointed that Carrie's roommate resembles Brown. Also Snyder said that Harper won't be the next Robin and from what I've read there's only 50% chance that Carrie is going to be the new Robin, we have to wait until #23 comes out.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251: Someone at Tumblr pointed that Carrie's roommate resembles Brown. Also Snyder said that Harper won't be the next Robin and from what I've read there's only 50% chance that Carrie is going to be the new Robin, we have to wait until #23 comes out.

- That's quite unfortunate as i hate Stephanie Brown completely.

- Additionally, do you have the source of when Snyder said that Harper wouldn't be the next Robin? I would appreciate it if you could post it here.

- Honestly, i don't think that there should be another Robin. If there is, he/she will most likely die and well go through this whole idiotic process for the third time.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: Yeah I hate Brown too and agree with you that there shouldn't be any more Robins and here's the link.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251: Yeah I hate Brown too and agree with you that there shouldn't be any more Robins and here's the link.

- Thanks a lot for the link.

- Well, Snyder's basically saying that he didn't intend for her to be Robin when he created her.

- I suppose that we'll have to see what Tomasi and DC does.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: You're welcome. I'd say Harper has 10% chance to become the new Robin while Carrie has 50%. B&R #24 might be the answer. I trust in Tomasi, hope he doesn't disappoint.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251: You're welcome. I'd say Harper has 10% chance to become the new Robin while Carrie has 50%. B&R #24 might be the answer. I trust in Tomasi, hope he doesn't disappoint.

- Well, i can't say that i trust in Tomasi as i've been severely disappointed by B&R#19-20.

- Regardless, we'll have to wait and see.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251: What Batman titles are you reading?

- Batman

- B&R

-Detective Comics ( i still haven't read issue 20, i'll probably read it later today)

- Batman Inc (probably read issue 11 today as well)

- Nightwing

-RHATO

-Batgirl

-BIrds of Prey

-Teen Titans

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I thought you didn't like Batman and Batman Inc.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@thejman251: I thought you didn't like Batman and Batman Inc.

- I hardly like half of these books, i simply read them to be aware of what occurs.

- Ok, i do like most of the last five for the most part.