Batman and Robin Eternal 1 - shocking!

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I've just readed it, and man, was that intense!...so much awesomeness mixed with stuff that i never saw it coming...i'm still trying to process what i've just read...The parts with the former-Robins were great...Harper Row and Jim Gordon had a entertaining encounter...Cass is awesome as usual, although i'm sure of how i feel about her role in this, she is central alright, but not in the way that you'd think...the parts between Batman and "The Mother" were over the top when it comes to revealations, and seems like it will be mind-blowing when everything its fully revealed.

When anyone else finishes reading the book, please comment here, because i would like to hear your opinions on this.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It was a solid start, and did everything it needed to do to setup the story. There's a mystery with some disturbing implications, and some fun establishing characterizations. It looks like there won't be too many subplots dragging away the focus. Artwork was very good, and presented the action sequences beautifully. The last page does feel like a cheap cliffhanger that will be resolved within the first two pages of the next issue, though.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

It was absolutely amazing! The new villain Orphan looks cool as f**k! I love how awesome Cassandra comes off. The way she's able to read people and movements and just react is amazing. The whole mystery behind who Mother is and what's her game is pretty crazy too. I'm not too crazy about the gimmick from what I can see though. Maybe there's more to it.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great start to the series, looking forward to next week

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@gustavoburciaga1: The Orphan sure looked like he was going to kill Bluebird, do you think that Cass will show up and save her technological-ass? :p

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6  Edited By GustavoBurciaga1

@gustavoburciaga1: The Orphan sure looked like he was going to kill Bluebird, do you think that Cass will show up and save her technological-ass? :p

Doubt it lol maybe Spoiler, aren't they living together? I mean it would make sense if they just ran away at this point

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Pretty cool issue 1, cant wait to read more. The Robins were great working together and so was Cass.

Im am kinda getting sick of the whole Batman witholding crutial information from the Batfamily but I guess its for story purposes.

Still great first issue.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@bat_girl_cc said:

Doubt it lol maybe Spoiler, aren't they living together? I mean it would make sense if they just ran away at this point

At this point idk, possibly, btw i agree thy should try to run away if possible the orphan is one scary soab xD

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see that Cassandra at least retains her high level of hand to hand combat skill, and ability to read people.

No Caption Provided

I also personally like the costume she's wearing at the moment.

Also, I saw various people around the internet worry about Cassandra coming in and completely wrecking all the Robins, from Dick down to Damian, but based on how Dick and Cassandra's fight went here I don't think that'll be a major issue.

Though that being said, with Cass back I think we've pretty much reached the limitof capacity for the Bat Family. In fact, we've probably gone beyond what it should be.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to hear and looking at the picture above, Cass looks great.

I'm not about to pick up a weekly though. I still haven't read a lick of Vol 1 (barring Batman 28) and I haven't read a comic book in about a month or two.

I do like the focus on the sidekicks, so I'll definitely pick it up eventually. Maybe I'll pick it up at comic con tomorrow.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The description for the second issue pretty much states that Cass and Dick are out to save her.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see that Cassandra at least retains her high level of hand to hand combat skill, and ability to read people.

No Caption Provided

Also, I saw various people around the internet worry about Cassandra coming in and completely wrecking all the Robins, from Dick down to Damian, but based on how Dick and Cassandra's fight went here I don't think that'll be a major issue.

Though that being said, with Cass back I think we've pretty much reached the limitof capacity for the Bat Family. In fact, we've probably gone beyond what it should be.

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves here...stompig Dick Grayson was a showing that old Cass could easly replycate, i don't think that its enough to say that Cass is still as good as she was, but its a good indicator yes.

Also, its not like she couldn't beat them all at once, but waht would be the purpose though? they're a family, thei're supposed to fight the bad-guys, not each other.

Yup, i agree, they should stop bringing in more characters to the bat-family, which now is bigger than the Justice League, lol, right now, we have: Alfred, Julia Penyworth, Catwoman, Batwoman, Batwing, Old-Batman, New-Batman, Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Haper Row, Cullen Row, Duke Thomas...sounds about enough to me :p

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy said:
@bat_girl_cc said:

The description for the second issue pretty much states that Cass and Dick are out to save her.

Hopefully, otherwise i don't see how she can make it, but it would be cool to see The Orphan stomping them, to build him up, although that would require a plot-device for them not to end dead.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:
@nathaniel_christopher said:

No Caption Provided

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves here...stompig Dick Grayson was a showing that old Cass could easly replycate, i don't think that its enough to say that Cass is still as good as she was, but its a good indicator yes.

I didn't say it was. What's a fact however, that hasn't changed, which Dick was pointing out is that he's still one of the best hand to hand combatants on the planet, and Cassandra manhandled him like it was nothing. That already places her in the same class, which is again the same class she was in previously anyways.