Arrow taking all of batmans characters

• 110 results
havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it just me or does the show arrow using all of batmans characters now it was just announced that ras other daughter is appearing on arrow with the league of shadows. Does the CW just not have confidence in green arrows rogues or what is going on.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't there rumors that Nightwing is going to appear? :P

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SupBatz

Aside for Ra's, Arrow hasn't really taken any of Batman's more important supporting characters. If I recall, we've only seen them use (or at least mention) Ra's, Talia/Nyssa, the Dollmaker, and Firefly. That's not too much. Though I do agree that I'd like to see some more of Green Arrow's rogues soon.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By PunyParker

Is it just me or does the show arrow using all of batmans characters now it was just announced that ras other daughter is appearing on arrow with the league of shadows. Does the CW just not have confidence in green arrows rogues or what is going on.

Yes.

Aren't there rumors that Nightwing is going to appear? :P

Uh-huh.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

They have used characters from all of DC

Dark Archer, Deadshot, Huntress, Deathstroke, Ivo, Brother Blood, Ra's, Talia, Count Vertigo, Dollmaker, Shado, Bronze Tiger, China white...

Unless Joker shows up on Green Arrow, who cares? And if its a good episode, I still wouldn't care.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: you do know most of the characters you metioned arnt all over DC they are from batman right

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager
LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya pretty much most of the people he fights are part of batman's rogues or are more connected to his characers

Slade, Deadshot, Royal Flush Gang, Huntress, Firefly, Brutale, Black Canary(yes before that stupid wedding she had a longer history with batman), Blood, Bronze tiger, Dollmaker, The league of assassions, Ra's, Nyassa.(talia hasnt been confirmed)

so ya i guess the guys at Arrow dont think his villians are good enough for his show

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Deadshot, Huntress, Ra's, Talia, dollmaker, Bronze Tiger thats 6

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lordofthenorth: falls just pointed out they aren't all from bats and that 4/13 is not most but you just decided to repeat exactly what you said in the first post. I didn't even bother reading the rest of that character list you put up after I saw Slade. If you don't understand that last sentence it means you don't know Slade.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Bronze Tiger came from Richard Dragon.

And that still isn't even half.

ADeathstroke, Shado, Vertigo, Merlyn are all in Green Rogue's.

And again - WHO CARES? As long as its a good show it doesn't matter. These characters have interacted with dozens of other villains and heroes.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RustyRoy

@supbatz said:

Aside for Ra's, Arrow hasn't really taken any of Batman's more important supporting characters. If I recall, we've only seen them use (or at least mention) Ra's, Talia/Nyssa, the Dollmaker, and Firefly. That's not too much. Though I do agree that I'd like to see some more of Green Arrow's rogues soon.

Huntress, Royal Flush Gang, League of Assassins and Nightwing is set to appear. That's 8. And Deadshot makes it 9.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the show but why did they have to ruin one of Green Arrows best villians Count Vertigo and turn him into a cheap joker rip off.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rustyroy: Nightwing is not confirmed. Just a rumor

I enjoy the show no matter what. I hope they have an outsiders type arc for future seasons, like Lemires current run.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@rustyroy said:

@supbatz said:

Huntress, Royal Flush Gang, League of Assassins and Nightwing is set to appear. That's 8. And Deadshot makes it 9.

Nightwing isn't confirmed, just a rumor.

And the other 3 all read appeared (in addition to more non-batman villains too). Still don't understand why it matters. They're not going to put Batman in a TV show and even if they did he has PLENTY of villains.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Nightwing is not confirmed. Just a rumor

I enjoy the show no matter what. I hope they have an outsiders type arc for future seasons, like Lemires current run.

They've had many easter eggs about him, I think he is going to appear but yeah until its confirmed its a rumor but Arrow still uses a good number of Batman characters, more than it uses its own characters and aren't they using Clock Tower which is in Gotham? And its not even season 2. Anyways I don't care as long as they don't use guys like Joker, Freeze, Two Face, Talia, Ra's (but they are using Ra's) etc.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@supbatz said:

Nightwing isn't confirmed, just a rumor.

And the other 3 all read appeared (in addition to more non-batman villains too). Still don't understand why it matters. They're not going to put Batman in a TV show and even if they did he has PLENTY of villains.

What do you mean?

And the show has more Batman characters than any other, even GA himself. Not that it matters much unless it uses the big ones.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Huntress, Royal Flesh Gang and League of Assassins have all ready appeared or been mentioned.

Huntress was in 3 episodes last year, Flush Gang 1. LoA has been all over this year.

And they have just as many GA characters, including the most important ones like Vertigo and Dark Archer.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustyRoy

@fallschirmjager: Oh I only meant Nightwing is set to appear. And I don't think apart from Vertigo, Roy Harper and DA, any original GA villains or heroes have appeared.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraysonMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact is that they can do whatever they want...they are all DC villains and DC has a tendency to link characters together.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By TDK_1997

Well CW are using Batman's rogues because Ollie doesn't have that good of a villains that will intrigue the audience and newer fans of the character.Not that they are using the coolest Batman villains but they most definitely have used characters like Deadshot,Deathstroke and will be using Ra's and probably Dick.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Deathstroke is not a Batman villain he's a Titan villain just Becuase he's run into Batman a few times doesn't make him a bat villain.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#26  Edited By TDK_1997

@darkbeam: Well he is mostly a Titan villain but can be considered as a small Batman villain.They haven't run into each other that much but still.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkbeam

@tdk_1997: well that's like saying Joker a small time Superman villian Becuase he's ran into him a couple of times.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: the problem is why have an arrow show if you arnt going to highlight his villains

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lordofthenorth:

Except...they ARE.

The main villain of the entirety of last season was Dark Archer and tonight's Episode is about Vertigo.

but at 24 episodes a season, they're going to be pulling villains from everyone.

There is no reason not too, especially if the show going to have a 5 year+ run.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@deathstroke19: Sorry but only Slade and Blood arnt directly batman villians and even than are more connectec to bamtna than Ollie no idea how you come up with 4/13

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TazzMission

in a way they do make sense but im suprised no flash villains would appear since flash is getting a series of his own.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: my only problem with having him on the show and in the B/S movie is that they should be the same actors. Connect the universes

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: fallshirmager has been talking to you the and listed the names and pointed out which ones were and weren't.... Forget it now that you've acknowledged him.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

The fact is that they can do whatever they want...they are all DC villains and DC has a tendency to link characters together.

And WB has all of DC,and that's kinda awesome.....they ca nthrow Batman in if they want.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Batman doesn't have a TV show and Arrow does I say let them take whatever they want. As long as they tell a good story who cares about where they first appeared. Besides, it's not like Arrow doesn't (currently) have it's own private little bubble-verse to play around in anyway.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People often ignores the fact Arrow is set to be in a universe amazingly based on Nolan work and Smallville,, since Smallville Green arrow got several step back since they used because they couldnt use Batman, Green Arrow is again used like a second rate Batman.

As long as they decide to keep Arrow away from the cinematic universe and build a Multimedia Multiverse like it looks, i am ok.

As long as they stop copying Nolan, the whole Scarecrow/Vertigo thing was a terrible idea.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

People often ignores the fact Arrow is set to be in a universe amazingly based on Nolan work and Smallville,, since Smallville Green arrow got several step back since they used because they couldnt use Batman, Green Arrow is again used like a second rate Batman.

As long as they decide to keep Arrow away from the cinematic universe and build a Multimedia Multiverse like it looks, i am ok.

As long as they stop copying Nolan, the whole Scarecrow/Vertigo thing was a terrible idea.

This!! But they have changed some of Green Arrow's villains back to their original forms instead of using Batman's rogues' personalities. Count Vertigo isn't Scarecrow nor is Merlyn like the Joker. He has some great villains but they need to be hacked back to their comic roots not Nolan's versions of Batman's rogues.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This!! But they have changed some of Green Arrow's villains back to their original forms instead of using Batman's rogues' personalities. Count Vertigo isn't Scarecrow nor is Merlyn like the Joker. He has some great villains but they need to be hacked back to their comic roots not Nolan's versions of Batman's rogues.

QFT, i want Green Arrow to be Green Arrow, i dont even have problem if this was like what Nolan would had done with Green Arrow, as long is Green Arrow and not Batman, he deserves better.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman had a TV show, and I could name a single Green Arrow villain, then I may have a problem.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman had a TV show, and I could name a single Green Arrow villain, then I may have a problem.

No Caption Provided

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Huntress, Dollmaker, and Firefly aside, no one is strictly tied to Batman anyway and appear all over the DCU and have interacted with GA at some point or another in the comics. I don't see what the big deal is.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TazzMission

@raggedscarecrow said:

Considering Batman doesn't have a TV show and Arrow does I say let them take whatever they want. As long as they tell a good story who cares about where they first appeared. Besides, it's not like Arrow doesn't (currently) have it's own private little bubble-verse to play around in anyway.

im starting to question now if this supposed jla film thats been rumored for years may in fact be a tv show instead. look at what dc is announcing

a flash series for tv

a constantine show

hourman

is it just coinsidence?

i know its a stretch and they tried it before but dc is killing marvel when it comes to the tv screen since agents of shield really really really sucks hard and i know they did a made for tv film or w/e back in the day but who knows anymore?

Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Punisher141

Kgbeast was in Arrow as Anatoli Knyazev. Don't forget Cyrus gold .

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Batman is still carrying the DC franchise? This is nothing new.

Honestly though, Batman is popular, Can anyone name a AWEsome villain GA has? Don't worry I'll wait.

( +)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kgbeast was in Arrow as Anatoli Knyazev. Don't forget Cyrus gold .

Yeah I forgot about KGBeast.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is that they change the character in the most bizarre ways they can find, since DC is making a Suicide Squad videogame and they still talk about the movie, they need to find a way to sell it and Arrow version of the character that are part of the Squad are pretty lame and would fail as protagonist, beside the fact the actors that are playing the characters only work as tv secondary actors.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lordofthenorth: Bronze Tiger came from Richard Dragon.

And that still isn't even half.

ADeathstroke, Shado, Vertigo, Merlyn are all in Green Rogue's.

And again - WHO CARES? As long as its a good show it doesn't matter. These characters have interacted with dozens of other villains and heroes.

BT came from Batman and Deathstroke isn't a GA villain(granted he's not a Batman rogue either),Merlyn is equally both a Batman and GA villain.

So we have

Huntress

Deadshot

Bronze Tiger

Nyssa

Firefly

Dollmaker

Brutale

KG Beast

from Batman

Brother Blood

Deathstroke

HIVE

from TT

Ivo from the general DC verse and maybe Grundy

that leaves only Vertigo,Shado and Rochev as the pure GA characters,I dont mind it personally but GA does have cool villains such as Drakon and Brick.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@entropy_aegis:

Bronze's Tigers first appearance was in Richard Dragon's book.

And Brother Blood's first appearance is in Teen Titans, and he's currently showing up in Animal Man.

Moreover, as stated by several people in this thread, DC villains jump around a lot and fight a lot of different people.

So there is literally no problem. All I see is crying for no reason. The show is a good show. They're clearly expanding the show into its own universe with Barry Allen getting a spinoff. So they can use whoever they want.

And it's only 7 episodes into its 2nd season. There is plenty of time to see more people.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins have dealt with more people than just Batman, sure Batman is his main enemy but GA has dealt with him before, he's also gone up against pretty much every major DC hero at some point or another including once taking down the JLA and causing Batman to quit the team for a bit. Another thing I've noticed is that not once has it been clearly stated that Batman doesn't exist in this world. Just because he probably won't be shown doesn't mean he doesn't exist there. Also its been heavily implied that Arrow will possibly be part of the DC cinematic universe where MOS and its Sequel take place so its very likely they could at least mention Batman. As for people like Deathstroke and Deadshot, they have never really been Batman specific. Deathstroke started as a Titans villain and Deadshot despite appearing in Batman first has been involved with many other heroes. If the logic here is simply that its where they first appeared then technically Thanos is an Iron Man villain, and Darkseid is technically a Jimmy Olsen villain since he first appeared in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #134.