• 51 results
#1 Posted by Saren (24326 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems the focus of Arkham War is a battle for Gotham between Bane and Scarecrow, each leading an army of villains against the other. Bane has Deadshot and Emperor Penguin, but Scarecrow has Killer Croc :(

Geek: Tell us a bit about the cast of this series - which Arkham inmates are you particularly focusing on? Who are the central characters? And were there any villains you wished to use that weren't available?

Tomasi: The main characters of ARKHAM WAR are Bane and Scarecrow, each one leading their respective army against the other for control of Gotham in their own inimitable ways. The Bane and Scarecrow one-shots set up their master plans and lead directly into ARKHAM WAR. And I'm pulling outta the toy chest an amazing amount of villains and using exactly who serves the story I wanna tell with even a surprise or two!

Full interview with Tomasi here.

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh Scarecrow is not a worthy adversary for Bane.

#3 Posted by Lvenger (16044 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God White Rabbit. Whose brilliant idea was it to bring her back instead of a better Batman rogue?

#4 Edited by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Oh God White Rabbit. Whose brilliant idea was it to bring her back instead of a better Batman rogue?

LOL.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15922 posts) - - Show Bio

Croc Should beat everyone, he deserves a PIS MOMENT DAMMIT!

#6 Posted by RustyRoy (9234 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. But I would have preferred Bane vs. someone other.

#7 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are there two Men-Bats?

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Nice. But I would have preferred Bane vs. someone other.

Yeah they're gonna have to wash away years worth of development to make Scarecrow a decent opponent for Bane,or they could use PIS which would suck.

I'm not really feeling it,there is absolutely nothing that Crane can do to Bane.

#9 Edited by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

Why are there two Men-Bats?

Kirk and Francine.

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (9234 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Crane isn't a bad villain but he's nowhere near the level of Bane, I personally think Black Mask or Penguin or Emperor Penguin would've been better.

#11 Edited by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis: Crane isn't a bad villain but he's nowhere near the level of Bane, I personally think Black Mask or Penguin or Emperor Penguin would've been better.

Would've preferred Ra's al Ghul personally.

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/dc-teases-a-new-origin-for-the-joker-and-big-things-for-bane-during-villains-month-153817

#12 Posted by Saren (24326 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/dc-teases-a-new-origin-for-the-joker-and-big-things-for-bane-during-villains-month-153817

Ra's would have been too much for a simple Gotham turf war. Bane vs Emperor Penguin would have been interesting, though.....

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by RustyRoy (9234 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Yeah me too but he's dead and he's not an Arkham inmate or wants anything to do with other Arkham inmates.

#14 Posted by Saren (24326 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Ra's isn't dead. Talia is holding him prisoner. He'll likely go back to being the leader of the League of Assassins once Inc. wraps up.

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by RustyRoy (9234 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Saren (24326 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#17 Posted by RustyRoy (9234 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: You didn't have to post the scans, I still haven't read it. Btw what issue is this?

#18 Posted by Saren (24326 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#19 Posted by RustyRoy (9234 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15922 posts) - - Show Bio

I really Hope Croc isn't Just there to Be Banes Punching Bag Or something, i Honestly HOPE that he at least has SOME sort of involvement and meaning to the story, if he Jobs again to harley or Something i will loose it.

#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Ra's would have been too much for a simple Gotham turf war. Bane vs Emperor Penguin would have been interesting, though.....

Wrath could have been cool too.

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis: Yeah me too but he's dead and he's not an Arkham inmate or wants anything to do with other Arkham inmates.

Neither is Bane.

#22 Edited by Alexander505 (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarebeast...

#23 Posted by Lvenger (16044 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarebeast...

Not that monstrosity again. Crane might not be the best villain but Scarebeast is definitely a one dimensional rogue.

#24 Posted by Black_Arrow (1896 posts) - - Show Bio

better war would have been Joker Vs Bane but since Snyder is the only one who can use him, that cant happen

#25 Posted by Alexander505 (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

Scarebeast...

Not that monstrosity again. Crane might not be the best villain but Scarebeast is definitely a one dimensional rogue.

Yep, but against Bane, I would like to see Scarebeast against him :D

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15922 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Question. Why are you exactly sad about Croc Being On Scarecrows side?

#27 Posted by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Question. Why are you exactly sad about Croc Being On Scarecrows side?

He wants Croc to be on the winning team lol.

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15922 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

He wants Croc to be on the winning team lol.

well then bane should have thought about that when he broke crocs arms lol

#29 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm on Team Bane lol

#30 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Bane almost always win?

#31 Posted by Lvenger (16044 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@alexander505 said:

Scarebeast...

Yep, but against Bane, I would like to see Scarebeast against him :D

If Crane created a New 52 version of Scarebeast rather than becoming it, I could just about deal with it.

#32 Edited by Breadspread (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. This story might be used to show us a side of a Crane we never seen before. Bane is known as an expert tactician and strategist. The fact that Crane is going to be going against Bane in a game of wits is very exciting.

Based on the characters history however I have to give this one to Bane.

#33 Edited by Alexander505 (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

So now, also Scarecrow is a strategist genius? This will be very interesting :O I can't wait.

#34 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

This has me really excited. Bane vs Scarecrow should be interesting, the battle will obviously be more than pure strength if scarecrow wants to stand a chance :P

#35 Edited by BigCimmerian (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Bane's Santa Prisca army?

#36 Posted by TDK_1997 (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

I really Hope Croc isn't Just there to Be Banes Punching Bag Or something, i Honestly HOPE that he at least has SOME sort of involvement and meaning to the story, if he Jobs again to harley or Something i will loose it.

Yeah,he needs respect.He should be a great villain but writers mostly underestimate him.

#37 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15922 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@theacidskull said:

Yeah,he needs respect.He should be a great villain but writers mostly underestimate him.

He should be more Like His arkham Version

#38 Posted by Alexander505 (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc, unfortunately is was always underestimated by all authors in the years. Also in the first number of Batman New 52, he was defeated with a punch :O

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@theacidskull said:

He should be more Like His arkham Version

If he really was like his Arkham version it would be great.

#40 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that art is very impressive.

#41 Edited by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I really, really am uncomfortable about this idea. Scarecrow really has shown himself to be an individual villain, rather than than one which leads a team, who has his own motives rather than that of territorial control. I agree maybe Scarecrow will be given another element to his character, allowing him to develop. It will be nice to see Bane's leadership and strategical mastery again, rather than the dumb muscle he is often depicted as. Also nice to see some smaller, more obscure villains taking the limelight, as well as the hopefully inevitable rematch between Croc and Bane. Scarecrow has his work cut out for him...

#42 Edited by Hazmat_Hermit (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Bane will stomp. Scarecrow's theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated... but Bane is initiated. Scarecrow thinks fear and darkness is his ally. Scarecrow merely adopted the dark; Bane was born in it, molded by it. He didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing but blinding! The shadows will betray scarecrow, because they belong to bane.

.... And he is much more tactical than scarecrow and croc.

#43 Posted by MyronLoyola (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@hazmat_hermit: jeez dude, you completely quoted Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

#44 Edited by ViperKing (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarecrow is quite a challenging villain so it'd better show him as a worthy adversary in this storyline. He has been shown as an individual threat instead of being a gang leader since he always has ulterior motives. I believe this will add a new element to Scarecrow that has not been explored. I also would like Killer Croc to have a role in the story. He's definitely downplayed by writers in a large number of stories. Batman: Arkham Asylum portrayed Killer Croc to be a sincere threat to Batman, which is exactly what Forever Evil: Arkham War should do.

Bane is known for his wits, being an intellectual challenge to Batman himself. I look forward to seeing this side of him once again, especially in the New 52. Deadshot will be a challenging opponent to take down, especially for Scarecrow's team. I definitely want to see Emperor Penguin again, especially after he was locked up in Blackgate Penitentiary for a long time. Overall, this mini-series will be great so I can't wait for it to come out.

#46 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknight1939: Scarecrow is working with the society of villain that why it bane vs scarecrow society want gotham but are using scarecrow to do this also i think bane the good guy in this well kinda of a good guy he still want Gotham for himself but he be dam if he let anyone take it from him

#47 Edited by entropy_aegis (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknight1939: Scarecrow is working with the society of villain that why it bane vs scarecrow society want gotham but are using scarecrow to do this also i think bane the good guy in this well kinda of a good guy he still want Gotham for himself but he be dam if he let anyone take it from him

The Society made Bane an offer as well,we've yet to see Bane's response but he seemed interested.Crane is definitely a member,and most likely along with Cheetah one of their top lieutenants.

#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: They propably will be dead before that or dissapear or conquer Santa Prisca

#49 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@viperking: Killer Croc have great showing in comics out of the Batfamily,such Batwoman (Well she didn't handle with the Batfamily) and Katana. He will get the spotlight in villains month one-shot.

#50 Posted by LimboBot (116 posts) - - Show Bio

what would stop crain from injecting bane with his fear toxin?