#1 Edited by 30KRobert (129 posts) - - Show Bio

personally being a big fan of batman.. i think Arkham City's batman is probably the best one.. he's very vigilant, smart, strong, and has a terrifying presence when needed.. also his mental capabilities in the game is what really makes me like him the most.. , i even took inspiration from how he acts in real life.. (like when i was running and felt tired i strengthened my arms and said "NO! I MUST CARRY ON!" that kind of attitude from batman is what really makes me inspired from how the character is depicted in those games..

just think about it.. he went through arkham city with very minimal prep... i mean he cured himself with plans that were almost on the go.. and in his lowest moment he kept sane and strong.. what i really like about arkham verse batman is his "there is always a way" Motto, he never gives up no matter how hard he falls , he knows there's always a way no matter what and that attitude along side his amazing feats in the game (beating lots of his foes while having a few hours to live) is what really inspired me in real life , and in total about batman.

closing off with this subject: i know people like some humor in batman like he had in JLA animated series.. but i find the more serious batman to be much more inspiring and a much better depiction of batman and of course its just IMO

what do you think?

#2 Posted by sinestro_GL (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the Arkham-verse Batman just the same as the TAS Batman?

Both written by Dini and both voiced by Conroy. In any event, this Batman has infinite lives due to the video game component.

I'm a big fan of Batman, but I would err on the side of caution when comparing games to comics

#3 Posted by 30KRobert (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Both written by Dini and both voiced by Conroy. In any event, this Batman has infinite lives due to the video game component.

I'm a big fan of Batman, but I would err on the side of caution when comparing games to comics

No he's a completely different depiction of him, they kind of "rebooted" his personality, he has similarities to the TAS batman but overhaul he has a much different . more head on , never give up kind of attitude about everything, and about it being a video game, i speak as if the game's system will be used in the most elite way, making batman fulfill his full potential, which outdoes most batmen versions IMO, and technical view aside iam talking about feats in the game, story-wise he defeated most of his arch-enemies while about to die in one night with almost zero prep... see where iam getting at?

#5 Posted by sinestro_GL (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl said:

No he's a completely different depiction of him, they kind of "rebooted" his personality, he has similarities to the TAS batman but overhaul he has a much different . more head on , never give up kind of attitude about everything, and about it being a video game, i speak as if the game's system will be used in the most elite way, making batman fulfill his full potential, which outdoes most batmen versions IMO, and technical view aside iam talking about feats in the game, story-wise he defeated most of his arch-enemies while about to die in one night with almost zero prep... see where iam getting at?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything you just described applies to maybe every incarnation of Batman. Personality-wise, I'm not sure of there is a big difference between these Batman...but that's IMO anyway.

I would agree with you if you were comparing the Arkham-verse Batman to the movie versions of Batman (less MOTP) as it incorporates both the intellectual side of Batman as well as Batman the martial artist, which the movies have failed to do, but not the TAS, which, like the Arkham games, was able to incorporate.

About the prep thing...well, it's difficult to compare as in TAS, Batman would have had no prep as he was dealing with his rogues for the first time a lot of the time.

Detective Batman
Equipped Batman
Fighting Batman

#6 Posted by Black_Arrow (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

@30krobert said:

@sinestro_gl said:

okay then you didnt watch to much TAS batman

Also he does in one episode takes his enemies easily in Arkham Asylum

#7 Edited by SoA (4844 posts) - - Show Bio

it is the perfect batman game, both detective work and kicking the crap outta baddies .

#8 Posted by Black_Arrow (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

@30krobert said:

@sinestro_gl said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything you just described applies to maybe every incarnation of Batman. Personality-wise, I'm not sure of there is a big difference between these Batman...but that's IMO anyway.

I would agree with you if you were comparing the Arkham-verse Batman to the movie versions of Batman (less MOTP) as it incorporates both the intellectual side of Batman as well as Batman the martial artist, which the movies have failed to do, but not the TAS, which, like the Arkham games, was able to incorporate.

About the prep thing...well, it's difficult to compare as in TAS, Batman would have had no prep as he was dealing with his rogues for the first time a lot of the time.

Detective Batman
Equipped Batman
Fighting Batman

There is one episode TNBA where he uses prep to contruc a suit that can stand fireflys fire

#9 Posted by 30KRobert (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: i watched a lot of TAS and i know TAS batman is capable of doing some amazing stuff... but compare that to beating them all while you are about to die, and very weak.. its different, batman is known for escaping traps that's right but Arkham City isn't a trap escape story, its a batman who is about to die but while finding a cure with minimal equipment also beats as much enemies as he can..

#10 Edited by 30KRobert (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: as i said to black_arrow, take into the equation him being sick, that's the reason iam not even including the Arkham Asylum bats since he's strong and has no threat deterrent like he does in Arkham City , in AC he is abducted in the middle of a speech into arkham city getting his suit into a blind zone and doing all of that battling the disease which shows its effect numerous times , he even collapses at one point.

#11 Posted by Black_Arrow (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

@30krobert: You know that batman in the comics doesnt do that everyday right? he hardly does that. Also is complicated to that in an animated series and without disrespecting some villains or taking many episodes. Also the avoided large stories because if you lost an episode you will not understand the story. And you coudnt see them on the internet in that time.

#12 Posted by 30KRobert (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@30krobert: You know that batman in the comics doesnt do that everyday right? he hardly does that. Also is complicated to that in an animated series and without disrespecting some villains or taking many episodes. Also the avoided large stories because if you lost an episode you will not understand the story. And you coudnt see them on the internet in that time.

Yeah i know , but in my POV it seems like he's much more agile and can suffer much more, bats in the TAS and in comics in general have been saved dozens of times by other superheros while Arkham Verse batman so far has stood everything by himself and endured some harsh stuff that i don't think other batmen could survive

#13 Posted by sinestro_GL (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

Yeah i know , but in my POV it seems like he's much more agile and can suffer much more, bats in the TAS and in comics in general have been saved dozens of times by other superheros while Arkham Verse batman so far has stood everything by himself and endured some harsh stuff that i don't think other batmen could survive

We're talking strictly TAS. Ain't no one else there but Robin, Batgirl and Alfred.

#14 Posted by Black_Arrow (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

Well usually when he is saved by other superheroes he fights aliens. so that argument is not valid. Also in TAS Batman is much more a detective than in Arkham asylum. Also in world finest he beat a giant robot

#15 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: I agree.

Has it come to this? Have we exhausted putting Bats against all the other super heroes and villains that now we have to put him against different versions of himself?

The whole Batman:TAS vs Batman: Arkhamverse is really just splitting hairs.