Anyone else sick of the Gothic look of modern Gotham?

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OrangeBat

I'd recently been watching a walkthrough of Batman: Arkham Knight, and while this has always kind of bothered me, I'd never really realized how much I was sick of Tim Burton's gothic influences on modern depictions of Gotham until now. At this point, I'm more than ready for writers to ditch this look, and go back to Gotham looking like an ordinary American city, like it originally used to. Anyone else feel that way?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@orangebat:

Emmm... not so sure... Solomon ask Pinkney to build Gotham in Goth style... with new era Gotham need to get modern look, but need to keep some of old Buildings ! But at least c'mon... its GOTHam :)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

No I like the Gothic touches to the city.It helps give it character.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rpgesus

@orangebat: 100% agree it looks like a city and tech from like the 60s or something they should go to a more modern city imo

After I noticed that in the game it did bug me

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

There is a mistake made about Gotham, that Goth matters.

Gotham is an old way to call New York, since Batman used to live in New York, Gotham should look like New York actually.

By the period Batman was created the Old Gotham should be mostly Art Deco, this is the reason Tim Burton mixed Goth with Art Deco, Shumacher did a PunkDecoPunk Gotham and Nolan used Chicago old Art Deco buildings, heck even New York.

And also the whole fact TAS is the best example of DecoPunk.

Gotham came from Goats Town an Irish way to say town of simpletons.

It has nothing to do with Goth, the name came from Bill Finger reading an old New York book and liked the name.

Artist just saw Goth in the name and run with it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I love the look if Gotham in Arkham Knight. Although it doesn't look like Old or New Gotham from Arkham Origins or Arkham City.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'd recently been watching a walkthrough of Batman: Arkham Knight, and while this has always kind of bothered me, I'd never really realized how much I was sick of Tim Burton's gothic influences on modern depictions of Gotham until now. At this point, I'm more than ready for writers to ditch this look, and go back to Gotham looking like an ordinary American city, like it originally used to. Anyone else feel that way?

Yes Burtons Gotham outgrew it's welcome years ago,Gotham should look like a city not a giant set piece.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm pretty sure Burton wasn't the one to make Gotham look gothic