Annoyed with canon

DJPrince831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DJPrince831

Does anyone else get annoyed with canon? I understand the pointof canon, but canon just seems so inconsistent. Oh that comic is, but that arc isn't, oh that's canon for Batman but not Superman. Maybe I'm just being fed wrong information, but I feel like I can't keep track of what is, what isn't, and does it truly matter?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

What did I ever do to you?

EDIT: Darn it, someone else beat me to saying this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I was thinking about making a humorous response, but three in a row is just excessive.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

What did @thecannon ever do to you?

lol I was about to make a joke along those lines.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Darn the joke has been made.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Wat.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FearTheLiving

*Canon

What you are saying means

This
This

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dimitridkatsis
No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FearTheLiving

@dimitridkatsis: I thought he might like to know, I use to do it all the time as well. And when I did it, the people who responded weren't half as nice as I was.

DJPrince831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why you don't post stuff in a hurry on your phone..... Lovely Internet, you cruel, cruel mistress.

@dimitridkatsis: As for you, I made a spelling mistake, not a grammartical one..... awkward. Everyone else well done.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon is not that difficult to follow. It's pretty basic.

Anything Elseworlds or standalone graphic novels are usually non-canon.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By infantfinite128

I try not to worry too much about canon, because when I try to make sense of it, it makes me want to give up comics. It usually happens when my friends and family ask me about the characters. The best thing is to just take each run as it's own thing.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batcat91

@baneofdemon22: that's a good way to look at it. Unfortunately for me I have to try to make sense of it and now I have this weird head canon in my head to make sense of it. In a way I'm pulling a Morrison lol. He's a great writer but it's crazy how he thinks all the batman history is in one continuity lol

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: It's whatever helps you to get the most enjoyment you can!

That's my problem with what Morrison did. If he wrote update standalone stories of the old continuity, I would have loved it! But I wasn't a fan of him bringing it into the same continuity. I'm glad for those who do love it though! I loved his Batman in Justice League and Arkham Asylum! I was not a fan of Batman Inc Vol 1, but Vol 2 I loved! Bat-cow! I was disappointed by the end, because it felt really rushed though.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not gonna lie, Cannon gets on my nerves sometimes too.

But I still 'em at the end of the day. :')

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic book timelines are messed up so just try to enjoy the story.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batcat91

@baneofdemon22: yeah i miss morrison and waid's justice league Batman :(. In the new 52, Batman in the justice league has been pretty lame but I've heard that he had a great issue recently so fingers crossed that Batman will contribute more to the team in this arc!

Ah Batcow... not the hero we deserved... but the one we needed

No Caption Provided

All hail the batcow!! lol But yeah Morrison is not for everyone. While Morrison is one of my favorite batman runs and superhero runs in general, I do have problems with it. My main one is how he shoehorns Kathy kane the original batwoman in the story, since that part doesn't really ebb well with the modern Batman mythos and it feels out of place. I love the idea of an organization like Spyral though

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: Hail Batcow!

I'm with you on Spyral. How did you feel about Dick's new role as a secret agent? I really think it's a neat direction for the character. I thought the dialogue was kind of funky, but I'm looking forward to where they're going with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It only matter when something from an older story is mentioned

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baneofdemon22: I honestly think it's an awesome and refreshing change for the character. It's nice to see character progression in superhero stories, since they rarely break the status quo which is what i love about indie comics. I mean Dick Grayson as Batman was fantastic and showed he was truly worthy of the mantle. He wasn't just a substitute he excelled in his role as the mythic Batman!

Nightwing is right there with my favorite superheroes, like Batman and Spider-man but I really like the idea of Grayson as a spy and I know that he'll eventually return to his superhero persona. I can't help but see similarities with Grayson and Steve Rogers in Winter Soldier who questions the morality and decisions that Shield makes for the greater good since it clashes with his strong moral code. Richard as a costumed vigilante had a lot of freedom and made choices that he thought were in the best interests of the people he's protecting. An innately good, selfless and benevolent person such as Grayson working for a shady organization and being made to perform unethical actions that clash with his conscience is interesting. Would he do it? Does Dick find a way to circumvent orders while getting the job done? It really has the potential for great storytelling.

I haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet but I like Tim Seeley's work on Revival and will wait patiently for the trades. Sorry it took so long to reply back I was on campus all day

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: I loved that Dick took up the Batman mantle! The new dynamic of a dark Robin and jovial Batman was fantastic! I would not have minded if he stayed Batman for a much longer time. I agree with you about having character progression. I am very appreciative of how much Grant Morrison pushed the Batman mythology and that he never took his writing position for granted. Hopefully DC releases an omnibus one day, because with so many fans claiming it's the best take on Batman, I think it's pretty deserving of one!

I'm a big Captain America fan and love the espionage genre, so that made me really excited for Grayson. I think it's a perfect role for the character and I love your explanation for why it's such an interesting direction!

Don't worry about not replying! I appreciate that you did though!