• 61 results
Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dark_Slayor

Since the new timeline in the new 52 doesnt make sense to me anymore does anyone know the age of these characters, and he answer to these questions?

Bruce - I believe he started his career as the bat at 21 and is currently 32 or 33.

Alfred - No idea, but it'll nice to know his age.

Dick - This where it gets kinda dumb for me. Recruited as Robin at age 16(Not sure on this, but i liked it better as 9 or 8 orginally), had a run of 5 yrs and is currently Nightwing at age 21

Jason - No idea how old he was when he was Robin, How long his Robin tenure lasted, and his current age. Though I would assume he's a year young than Dick.

Tim - Again same questions as Jason, but i'd assume he's 18 as Red Robin.

Damian - Age 10, Concieved around Bruce's first year as Batman(???)

Barbara - ???

I don't know if any information has been released on Cassie and Stephanie but if it has I would like to know their respective timeline's also.

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By YMCMB

All the ages seem about right to me, but Dick wouldn't have been recruited as Robin at 16, because his career as Robin would have ended several years ago. He probably was about 11 when he started, then became Nightwing at 16 or 17, which seems kinda young to me but...whatever.

Avatar image for lightningtiger2190
LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I read somewhere that Barbara has been reduced to the same age as Dick.

What I want to know is if Bruce's Lazarus pit dip in the past is still canonical? If his chronological age is at max 33, would that mean physically he is in his late 20s?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal19

the Bat-family is the most interesting group of charecters in todays comics and i hate how DC had to mess up the whole continuity

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By r3d_rob1n

DC really messed this up with their 5 year continuity. There are just too many Robins for this to make sense, however, I think the ages are:

Bruce: 33 (begins training at 21, trains for 7 years til he is 28, and then 5 years active)

Dick: 21 (started as Robin at age 16 and then moved to Nightwing probably around 18 to make way for Jason)

Jason: 19 (died after 1 year as Robin and then immediately resurrected and trained/funded by Talia)

Tim:17 (I believe he is an emancipated minor who graduated from high school early)

Damian: 10 (easier too explain cuz of Talia and the test tube)

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark_Slayor

@r3d_rob1n: If he was only active for five years then how can Damian be 10? He definitely concieved Damian while he was Batman.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Dark_Slayor: Damian could have been conceived while he was training to be Batman, or artificially aged in a test tube (which I believe is the actual way that DC is playing it)

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

This makes no freacking sense at all.

how could Bruce be 33?

He should be like in his 40 almost 50s.

DC screw their own continutiy to much.

ZombieBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what I think.

Bruce - (Became Batman at 28 after 7-8years of training) Current age 41.

Dick Grayson - (Became Robin at age 14. Became Nightwing at 19) Current age 27.

Jason Todd - ( Became robin at 15. Died at 17. Red Hood at 18.) Current age 22.

Tim Drake - (Became Robin at 15. Red Robin at 17) Current age 18.

Damian Wayne - (Came into Bruce's life at age 8. Robin at 9) Current Age 10.

Babs - Same age as Dick.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Bruce - 33 to 35

Tim - 16

Dick - 22

Jason - 20

Babs - 22

Damian - 10

I'm ignoring DC's 5 year timeline since it doesn't work. Bruce being Batman for 12-15 years provides plenty of enough room for him to meet Ra's, Talia, and for Damian to be conceived and for him to grow up naturally.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thejman251

- Bruce: 27

- Richard: 23

- Jason: 20

- Tim: 18

- Damian: 10-11

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: spot on, definitely agree with Dick being the brother of bruce, Jason being the adopted Son, Tim being the protege, and Damian being the legitimate son.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: spot on, definitely agree with Dick being the brother of bruce, Jason being the adopted Son, Tim being the protege, and Damian being the legitimate son.

- Yes, because these ages were definitely supposed to make sense when they were constrained by a timeline that does not make any sense.

Petite_Oiseau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what I think.

Bruce - (Became Batman at 28 after 7-8years of training) Current age 41.

Dick Grayson - (Became Robin at age 14. Became Nightwing at 19) Current age 27.

Jason Todd - ( Became robin at 15. Died at 17. Red Hood at 18.) Current age 22.

Tim Drake - (Became Robin at 15. Red Robin at 17) Current age 18.

Damian Wayne - (Came into Bruce's life at age 8. Robin at 9) Current Age 10.

Babs - Same age as Dick.

It's been confirmed by Higgins that Dick is 20/21/22.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RustyRoy

- Bruce: 27

- Richard: 23

- Jason: 20

- Tim: 18

- Damian: 10-11

This one seems more appropriate.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think there was a thread that said that Batman was definitely 31, but I can't remember what their sources were. I'll post it if I find it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It's stupid so I just pretend that is there Pre 52 ages and origins.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

New 52

Batman: Around 35

Nightwing: 22-24

Jason Todd:20-23

Tim Drake :19-21

Barbara Gordon :Same as Nightwing or slightly younger.

Alfred: 65-70

Damian Wayne: 12-14

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#19  Edited By Black_Claw

Batman: somewhere in his mid 30's

Nightwing: early 20's

Red Hood: early 20's

Red Robin: 17-18

Batgirl: Early 20's

Robin: 10

Alfred: 60's

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Since the new timeline in the new 52 doesnt make sense to me anymore does anyone know the age of these characters, and he answer to these questions?

Bruce - I believe he started his career as the bat at 21 and is currently 32 or 33.

Alfred - No idea, but it'll nice to know his age.

Dick - This where it gets kinda dumb for me. Recruited as Robin at age 16(Not sure on this, but i liked it better as 9 or 8 orginally), had a run of 5 yrs and is currently Nightwing at age 21

Jason - No idea how old he was when he was Robin, How long his Robin tenure lasted, and his current age. Though I would assume he's a year young than Dick.

Tim - Again same questions as Jason, but i'd assume he's 18 as Red Robin.

Damian - Age 10, Concieved around Bruce's first year as Batman(???)

Barbara - ???

I don't know if any information has been released on Cassie and Stephanie but if it has I would like to know their respective timeline's also.

are you forgetting the new 52 5 year rule

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Dick Grayson was recruited to be Robin at 15.

But I dont kno bout errbody else.

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny, I was about to make a similar thread :P

edge007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here're my guesses condensing the timeline as much as possible (although making it five years is pretty much impossible, IMHO, so mine's ten):

Bruce - 32 (left to travel the world and train to become Batman upon graduating from high school and just before his return at the age of 22 bought himself a bachelor's degree from somewhere. Was solo for one year before having Dick on as Robin for three. Intended for Jason to have the same kind of three year training program, but that got cut off by a year after Jason was killed. Was solo for another year before Tim came on board to train for his three years before going solo)

Dick - 24 (began training as Robin at 15 and completed training and became Nightwing at 18)

Jason - 21 (like Dick, began training with Bruce at 15, but at the age of 17 was killed by The Joker. Soon after his resurrection, trained with the All-Caste for another year before gathering the resources to try and take down both Bruce and The Joker)

Tim - 18 (like his predecessors, began training with Bruce at 15. Completed his training just under a year ago to make way for Damien)

Damien - 10 (stated in an early issue of this latest version of Batman & Robin. Was probably conceived sometime during Bruce's first year during his first encounter with Ra's and Talia)

Babs - the same age as Dick, 24. Self-trained for two years before becoming Batgirl at the age of 17. Was only active as Batgirl for two years before voluntarily retiring, nearly a year before she was paralyzed by The Joker at the age of 20.

Alfred - minimum 54 (less consequential than the rest, but at least old enough to be Bruce's father)

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lifeofvibe

bruce became batman at 21 got dick at 11 a year later bruce is now 22 met the

justice league 5 years later and in

between concieved damian(bruce:27) dick is now16 becomes nightwing 2 month later

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alfred - Probably Immortal, Forever a slave to the Wayne family.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jesusdisciple001

How old is supes?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can be whatever age you want them to be. The ages for me:

Bruce: 35

Dick: 27

Babs: 26

Jason: 25

Tim: 18

Damian:13

Superman:32

Lois: 29

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: @arkhamc1tizen:

What's the new 52 5 year rule?

Also there's no way Bruce is 27 unless they just retconned everything in the Batman universe(which it's my understanding that they weren't really changing anything as far as Batman and Green Lantern goes).

But here is where my confusion is stemming from. Bruce starts his career as Batman at 25(I think they even stated this in Batman: Year One), and he has had a 5 year run as the cape crusader(supposedly). Many times in the comics Bruce has stated he took in Dick Grayson while he was around the same age Bruce lost his own parents to crime. So if that holds true, Bruce lost his parents while he was 8, but lets be generous and put Dick at 11 when he become Bruce's ward. A five year career as Batman only puts Dick as a 16 year old Nightwing.

On the flipnote, Damian is forsure 10 years old. There's no way Talia had any contact with Bruce while he wasn't Batman, this is another reason why a five year tenure as Batman makes no sense.

So here's my real question; What age did Bruce become Batman? How long has Bruce been Batman, after his starting age? And, what age did he recruit Dick Grayson, and what age did Dick officially become Robin then NightWing?

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: @arkhamc1tizen:

What's the new 52 5 year rule?

Also there's no way Bruce is 27 unless they just retconned everything in the Batman universe(which it's my understanding that they weren't really changing anything as far as Batman and Green Lantern goes).

But here is where my confusion is stemming from. Bruce starts his career as Batman at 25(I think they even stated this in Batman: Year One), and he has had a 5 year run as the cape crusader(supposedly). Many times in the comics Bruce has stated he took in Dick Grayson while he was around the same age Bruce lost his own parents to crime. So if that holds true, Bruce lost his parents while he was 8, but lets be generous and put Dick at 11 when he become Bruce's ward. A five year career as Batman only puts Dick as a 16 year old Nightwing.

On the flipnote, Damian is forsure 10 years old. There's no way Talia had any contact with Bruce while he wasn't Batman, this is another reason why a five year tenure as Batman makes no sense.

So here's my real question; What age did Bruce become Batman? How long has Bruce been Batman, after his starting age? And, what age did he recruit Dick Grayson, and what age did Dick officially become Robin then NightWing?

- Thanks to this nonsensical 5 year timeline, few people, if any, can actually answer your question.

- Hopefully, Snyder's Zero year will clear some of this up.

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Selina is 23

Lady_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mostly agree with @edge007

- Batman 29 - 30 (The New 52 timeline is reasonable for Batman, not completely, but just enough. At the beginning of the New 52, Selina Kyle is 23 years old. Bruce is only a year or two older than her so he must have been 24 - 25 years old at the time. According to the New 52 timeline, it's been 5 years since Bruce put on the cowl which would have made him 19 - 20 years when he first started. Now I don't know how they would work his training out but he began traveling the world not long after his parents died (Legends of the Dark Knight #19). Currently, Damian was 10 years old. So assuming that Bruce met Talia at the beginning of his Batman years, this would make him around 29 - 30 years old right now.)

- Dick 26 - 27 (Bruce, probably at 21, adopted Dick when he was around 12 so that would make Dick 26 - 27 years old right now.)

- Jason 21 - 23 (Guessing since he obviously younger than Dick.)

- Tim 17 - 18 (He's a TEEN titan.)

- Barbara 25 - 26 (Around same age as Dick)

- Damian 10 (Damian was apparently 10 years old)

- Alfred Immortal (Alfred's still in The Dark Knight Returns when Bruce is like 60 o.O lol he's probably around 50 - 60 years old right now)

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thejman251
No Caption Provided

- It's now been all but confirmed that Bruce has only been Batman for 5-6 years from today.

- Deal with it people.

Avatar image for connor_macleod_6641
connor_macleod_6641

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no, no, you guys got it all wrong. Batman has only been publicly operating for 5 years, but he existed before then (according to the JL origin reboot). The fact that he was an urban legend prior to his coming-out allows for any time-lines since it becomes unclear when he actually started working.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aahz

Did they increase the age at which Bruce lost its Parents in the new 52?
According to the new Secret Origin Comic it happened seventeen years ago (see picture below) and he started Batman 6 years ago, so he must have been around 13 years old at this time (since he was iirc around 30 a the beginning of the new 52).

No Caption Provided

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no, no, you guys got it all wrong. Batman has only been publicly operating for 5 years, but he existed before then (according to the JL origin reboot). The fact that he was an urban legend prior to his coming-out allows for any time-lines since it becomes unclear when he actually started working.

He's been operating for 7 years after the Justice League was formed, and maybe 1 or 2 years before that.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@connor_macleod_6641 said:

He's been operating for 7 years after the Justice League was formed, and maybe 1 or 2 years before that.

Batman: Zero Year takes place a year before Justice League: Origin, so Batman had only been active a year before the Justice League formed in the New 52. Though Bruce Wayne was active in Gotham months before he became Batman, he was simply an unnamed vigilante during that time. So it could be argued that he built up his "urban legend" status during this time, and later after he became Batman people began to become more aware of him, mainly because he was suppose to be a symbol to the people of Gotham, which thus required them to know of his existence.

This would also explain Green Lantern's reaction of Batman in the first issue of Justice League, as while Batman may have been known to the people of Gotham, he may have still been an "urban legend" to people outside of Gotham, such as Hal.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the new 52 they said batman had be operating longer then the five year rule, also in nightwing it said dick became robin at age 16, so yes Bruce started being batman at 25 ( zero year) so he would probably be around 32 given that they say he has be operating longer then the five year time frame. Does that help?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the new 52 they said batman had be operating longer then the five year rule, also in nightwing it said dick became robin at age 16, so yes Bruce started being batman at 25 ( zero year) so he would probably be around 32 given that they say he has be operating longer then the five year time frame. Does that help?

Yes, but in comic book time it\s been probably 2 years since New 52 started in 2011. So we have 1-2 years as Batman before Justice League, 5 years with league, and another 2 years since New 52 started. That means he's been Batman for 8-9 years.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: right which would put Bruce in his mid 30's, also for the rest of the bat family it would not fall under 5 years for all robins but really almost ten years, which helps the space a little between robins

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Tim is about 16 or 17 at the most.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: right which would put Bruce in his mid 30's, also for the rest of the bat family it would not fall under 5 years for all robins but really almost ten years, which helps the space a little between robins

Yes, I'd say Bruce is 33 now.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: yeah agreed, have you read any of the secret origins and if so did they change dick and Tim's from the zero month issue?

Wodaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wodaman01

bruce is now about 29 or 28

dick is 21

babs is 21

jason is 19

tim is 17 or 16 or something like thag

damian is 12 or something similar

its been changed

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim has to be 16 or 17.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aahz

If have read that Bruce was said to be 32 in end game.

16 seems to young for Tim imo. To be 16 now he must have started as Robin at 14, that and therefore 2 years younger than Dick was when he started as Robin. And would have started his solo carer at the age of 15. That seems unlikely for me. Since you could see him already drive a motorcycle before he became Robin (in Teen Titans #0) I think he was also allready 16 when Bruce started to train him. so I think he should be around 18 now.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman ?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Rebirth will apparently change the timeline again next weak I'm posting here the current version of my "research" about the ages of the Batfamily. It is supposed to cover all main continuities starting from the beginning till the the most current issues.

I post it as .jpg files since the text is otherwise to long to put it here. I hope the resolution is high enough to read it.

If I missed some sources or made any mistakes, please inform me I like to try to keep this text as complete as possible.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@aahz said:

Since Rebirth will apparently change the timeline again next weak I'm posting here the current version of my "research" about the ages of the Batfamily. It is supposed to cover all main continuities starting from the beginning till the the most current issues.

I post it as .jpg files since the text is otherwise to long to put it here. I hope the resolution is high enough to read it.

If I missed some sources or made any mistakes, please inform me I like to try to keep this text as complete as possible.

Damn deep researches ! You should make blog post about it.