#1 Posted by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it's already been said on the forum, if so I'm sorry. If not, take a look at this:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/gotham-tv-show-fox/

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/commissioner-gordon-fox-tv-series-drama/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28800/fox-commits-to-gotham-city-tv-series

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/warner-bros-gotham-city-origins-tale-lands-at-fox-1200665962/

#2 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

well its going to be on fox so its going to suck pretty hard

#3 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they dont put people from Arrow working on it, i am in this show.

#4 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

dc announced this today: 'this is not a 'agents of s.h.i.e.l.d.' rip-off. our main character has a moustache'

#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

dc announced this today: 'this is not a 'agents of s.h.i.e.l.d.' rip-off. our main character has a moustache'

They had being trying for years to get this show, before they got Arrow on air actually, you know that show that looks mysteriously like Nolan Batman without Batman.

In Gotham City's war on crime, the worst criminal offenders are pursued by the detectives of the Major Crimes Unit, with the aid of a masked vigilante known as 'The Batman'.

These are their stories...

Dum Dum

#6 Edited by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT A BATMAN SHOW DAMMIT

WHO CARES ABOUT GORDON

#7 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO CARES ABOUT GORDON

Raises hand....I actually liked Gotham Central so I'm exited for this.

#9 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective said:

WHO CARES ABOUT GORDON

I do, you must be Tim Burton if you belive Gordon is a small time pointless character.

Is essential to the Batman mythology, more important that supervillains, gadgets and the Batmobile.

Also who want to See Ben Affleck on TV?, i can stand him in movies, but in a tc show is too much time with the guy.

Also not say it say it to you, but Arrow is a Batman show, but they keep telling people is about Green Arrow, even after the fact Vertigo was Cillain Murphy Scarecrow.

#10 Posted by redleader1 (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: but bats is not in it and the 2 play great off each other the fact that batman will always have respect for him. Also that means that year one did not take place in the new batman movies cause Gordon was in his first year then

#11 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18930 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will never be in a TV show again. He makes way too much money for that.

#12 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#13 Posted by uberathlete (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta have Montoya in it

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1847 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective said:

WHO CARES ABOUT GORDON

Raises hand....I actually liked Gotham Central so I'm exited for this.

Same. I love Gotham Central. And there is ton of material to play with in a show like it. Just so long as it does NOT take place in the Nolan-verse.

Here's hoping that we see Gordon, Bullock, and Montoya as regulars. Perhaps even Barbara as a recurring character.

#15 Edited by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't think I'd like a show starring an aged character...

#16 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective said:

I just don't think I'd like a show starring an aged character...

Huh? Besides Gordon's awesome.

#17 Posted by jsykes24 (27 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: Without Batman, it means they will face normal criminal or the mobsters, also who want to see Gordon vs Clayface?

#19 Edited by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: Without Batman, it means they will face normal criminal or the mobsters, also who want to see Gordon vs Clayface?

True. But who wants to see Gordon vs Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Joker, Firefly, Cat-woman, or Riddler?

*Raises hand enthusiastically*

Also just to point this out, a lot of people are saying that the show will take place before Bruce Wayne became Batman, but the original announcement didn't say that. It only said that the show would follow Gordon, who has not yet met Batman (If Batman is in it he will still be operating as an urban myth, and not yet allies with the police) and that it would show the origins of the villains of Gotham.

#21 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: But its a prequel, those guys werent in Gotham yet, maybe they faced some weird lower class Batman villains that arent a real danger to Batman.

But the idea that Catwoman, The Riddler and The Joker faced Gordon before they faced Batman sounds weird and crazy, also Jim Gordon dont know Batman sounds werid, more if they want the show last more that 1 or 2 seasons, i mean they could go without having Batman in the show, but the whole idea he didnt knew him sounds weird, more since Gordon was one of the few honest cops in Gotham.

Also the idea that Catwoman, The Joker and The Riddler are in the show makes hard to belive Gordon dont know about Batman for too long.

DC should think the best chances they get with their project is to dream bigger that Marvel, having a bigger timeline and more audiences.

Also DC should find they need to build a new Batman and a show about Gordon could help to see him in another light.

#22 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: But its a prequel, those guys werent in Gotham yet, maybe they faced some weird lower class Batman villains that arent a real danger to Batman.

They weren't there yet, but it says its going to show the origins of the villains of Gotham.

But the idea that Catwoman, The Riddler and The Joker faced Gordon before they faced Batman sounds weird and crazy

Maybe they did face Batman. Batman could go up against them without actually being a huge presence in the show (it actually never even said Batman wouldn't be in the show, he could be there and just rarely seen, everything is speculation at this point.)

, also Jim Gordon dont know Batman sounds werid, more if they want the show last more that 1 or 2 seasons, i mean they could go without having Batman in the show, but the whole idea he didnt knew him sounds weird, more since Gordon was one of the few honest cops in Gotham.

Not really, Batman didn't just walk up to Gordon the first minute he came back to Gotham in Year 1, we'd just be extending that period. Maybe Batman leaves evidence on the roof or just kind of helps the police in general behind the scenes but never really communicates with Gordon in particular. At least at first, they could always change that later on in the show.

Also the idea that Catwoman, The Joker and The Riddler are in the show makes hard to belive Gordon dont know about Batman for too long.

DC should think the best chances they get with their project is to dream bigger that Marvel, having a bigger timeline and more audiences.

Also DC should find they need to build a new Batman and a show about Gordon could help to see him in another light.

#23 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I dont know, the whole Gordon has to face the Batvillians without Batman sounds weird.

Sure i want to see Gotham Central, but the whole facing the batvillains or getting into their origins, sound like if they didnt make the show about Gotham Police, that sounds like a Batman show without Batman(Arrow be damn for this idea).

Also sound terribly like Agents of Shields.

#24 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I dont know, the whole Gordon has to face the Batvillians without Batman sounds weird.

Well the police can probably deal with minor villains themselves when Batman's busy, and maybe Batman could help, but just not be on screen most of the time. It would have to be done very well, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and just wait to see how they handle it. Hopefully we'll get some more information in the coming months on what the show will be like.

Sure i want to see Gotham Central, but the whole facing the batvillains or getting into their origins, sound like if they didnt make the show about Gotham Police, that sounds like a Batman show without Batman(Arrow be damn for this idea).

Also sound terribly like Agents of Shields.

Haven't seen it yet, so I'm only judging from the trailers, but it doesn't seem like the two would be too similar other than in their basic concepts.

#25 Posted by Manhunter_Prime (85 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good way to use Batman to make money without having to pay someone a buttload of money to play Batman.... unless it sucks of course.

#26 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good way to use Batman to make money without having to pay someone a buttload of money to play Batman.... unless it sucks of course.

Not really Arrow changed Batman characters names for Green Arrow characters name.

But they go the idea after they did it in Smallville because they never go to get Batman in the show.