• 60 results
#1 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by thespideyguy (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is awesome.

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, do I hate that site! I read an article from there a while back listing reasons why Burton's Batman was better than Nolan's, and every point in it was obviously written by an irrational fanboy. It just listed nearly every aspect of the film and gave incredibly one-sided arguments about everything!

They called Nolan's bat-suit less aesthetically pleasing than Schumacher's and that Heath Ledger wasn't the real star of the film and that he was overrated, but instead that the star was Aaron Eckhart. It was one of the most biased articles I've ever read. I get that the author is nostalgic for his childhood Batman and but hurt that anything could be better, but that doesn't mean that you hate across the Internet about it.

#4 Edited by MasterDetective (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked the Nolan films anyway. Extremely over-rated

EDIT: this is the best article I have ever read

#5 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7478 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I am so sick of Nolan haters it's like it's the thing to do now. The last one he's scared of Bat's wasn't comic book Batman too? I wouldn't expect them to know that anyway lol.

#6 Edited by RustyRoy (14935 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is awesome.

This and that article is shit.

#7 Edited by Pokeysteve (9081 posts) - - Show Bio

List looks legit except for numbers 1 and 10. I don't remeber what numer one was but Joker laughing at Batman's punches is nothing new. They rarely have any affect on him.

#8 Posted by batshrine (1080 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Idk I read the site everyday, and I don't always agree with the articles, but I find it fun. Sure lets explore this idea, and try to make an argument for it. I mean when Man of Steel came out I think there were TONS of articles arguing for it and against it.

As far as the most recent article that this thread is built on. I haven't read it, but the title alone is offensive and entirely unprofessional.

#9 Posted by BR_Havoc (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think that the Dark Knight was a great film but I do feel that Nolan's trilogy is highly overrated. Batman Begins was good but it was far from being perfect and the Dark Knight Rises if it did not have the hype of being connected to the Dark Knight people would not of liked it as much as they did. I still feel that the movie was good but it is easily the weakest of the bunch and not really a Batman story at all.

@rulerofthisuniverse:I have also wondered that if Heath Ledger had not died before the movie came out would Aaron Eckhart's performance made him the star of the movie. I feel when Ledger died it brought a creepy aura to his performance that helped make it so great similar to Brandon Lee with the Crow when he died filming in a weird way he became the Crow and the performance was legendary.

#10 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: Aaron Eckhart was really, really good, but he wasn't as good as Heath Ledger's Joker. Eckhart played a somewhat stereotypical (though still great) District Attorney, while Heath Ledger took a very original character and flipped him around to fit perfectly in the Nolanverse. If anyone was worthy of that Oscar, it was Ledger. Though I still love Eckhart's performance.

#11 Edited by Pr0metheus (5780 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest that list is actually really good.

#12 Posted by MasterDetective (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest that list is actually really good.

Agreed. Deal with it

#13 Posted by Alexander505 (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm agree with the most points of the article. Nolan's Batman is too weak. He is not a genius or scientist or the best detective in the world. WTF? Why? Nolan is too overestimated.

#14 Edited by cattlebattle (14158 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the concept of "tongue in cheek" is completely over the heads of some people

#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15346 posts) - - Show Bio

First and only comment of the writter

Simon Gallagher says:August 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Read my other stuff about Nolan’s trilogy. The agenda is pretty clear. And it should be pretty clear it’s satire.

Ups for the people that belive this.

Is a joke to the show how stupid the Nolan Haters actually are and how pointless their complaints are.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: The title and all seems like a joke, but the actual article seemed surprisingly serious. That didn't stop the haters from flocking to it, as seen in this pathetic attempt at a comment:

Nigel Houseman says:

August 11, 2013 at 6:18 pm

lol at all the butturt Nolanite raging over this article hahaha I guess the truth really does hurt, wand the crybaby responses by the Nolanites is evidence of this

#17 Posted by BR_Havoc (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Its all an opinion in my opinion Ledger was great but his character showed no emotions he was crazy and played crazy in a calmer manner and it fit the world. Where Eckhart's character was forced out of the "normal" world with the death of the love of his life and the viewers saw an emotional journey of a character driven mad by the city and its crime. So I do think that if Ledger did not have the spooky aura around his performance I think part of his calmer craziness would of been lost.

#18 Posted by Squalleon (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

This is irony.
Now that Nolan's batman is old news everyone is complaining about how realistic he was and he wasn't the Comicbooky Batman.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: When I first saw the film, it was before I was a comic book fan, so I didn't know the actor was dead, and it still succeeded in creeping the living crap out of me. I didn't know the stuff that Joker does on a regular basis in the comics and thought of him as "HEE HEE! I'll use my electric hand shake gag to rob the bank!" type character, which was most likely how the general public still knew him as.

#20 Edited by Jayc1324 (16601 posts) - - Show Bio

Those points were stupid and nitpiky and half of them didnt make sense. The other half didnt really make him softer or weaker.

Number 7 was actually kinda funny though.

#21 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (15346 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@deathpoolthet1000: The title and all seems like a joke, but the actual article seemed surprisingly serious. That didn't stop the haters from flocking to it, as seen in this pathetic attempt at a comment:

Nigel Houseman says:

August 11, 2013 at 6:18 pm

lol at all the butturt Nolanite raging over this article hahaha I guess the truth really does hurt, wand the crybaby responses by the Nolanites is evidence of this

Whataculture is a joke, for every single serious and good thing they have, they have senseless and dumb things like this.

I mean, the same week MOS came out, they had like one new of this that complaint of the movie and saying DC sucks, Marvel rules and they dont even make mistakes every day.

Not only that, the website is infamous for being Nolan Haters, being Abrams fans, based against the old Star Trek and being terribly biased in favor of Marvel.

Also is posted a comment of th autor, not just some random one.

#22 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: Yeah, I know that it's from the author, but still. And thanks for telling me that, I'll never take anything from their site seriously again.

#23 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6497 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, here's some other biased crap articles from What Culture:

http://whatculture.com/film/15-reasons-tim-burtons-batman-is-better-than-chris-nolans-the-dark-knight.php

http://whatculture.com/film/man-of-steel-12-questions-left-by-the-stupidest-superman-ever.php

http://whatculture.com/film/man-of-steel-7-reasons-the-s-stands-for-sucks.php

http://whatculture.com/film/joel-schumachers-batman-6-things-he-did-better-than-nolan.php

#24 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, it's not a matter of whether or not Nolan's movies were good or not. It's not a debate on whether or not Bale-Bat is weak or not. The article just says that Nolan Batman is a pussy. He fights crime for goodness sake. He faced off the Scarecrow, had the bravery to train intensely and ultimately faced off against Ra's al Ghul. Then he fights the Joker and then Two-Face. Even at his weakest, he, out of all people, fought Bane. Got his back broken, and then went back to stop Bane. Then he dragged a ticking bomb out into the ocean. Auto-pilot or not, he had the guts to ride in that plane.

Yes, Nolan Batman is nowhere near the competence of comic book Batman. And thinking that Nolan's movies were overrated have nothing to do witht this article. Nolan's Batman was no pussy. In fact, none of the comic book superheroes are wusses. The fact that risk their butts saving lives makes them brave

#25 Posted by jumpstart55 (2697 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of agree, after Batman Begins, Batman didn't really do anything impressive, Lucius did most of the work. The only thing that made him Batman in my eyes. Was the fact that he was the only one, willing to go out their, and the only one willing to to put himself in harms way to in order to protect his city. That unparalleled drive is what made him Batman to me. But that was pretty much the only aspect Nolan took from the comics, his genius level intellect, outlandish fighting abilities were all scarped in favor of a more realistic approach to Batman persona. Hopefully the next film will give us a much more complete,comic book esque Batman. Because without his genius level intellect, how in the heck does Batman even hope to stand a chance against Superman.

#26 Edited by dbatdog (549 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by sinestro_GL (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

I certainly felt so in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

• Can't be Batman because of a bum-knee - please...Batman would most likely have pain exuding from every part of his body doing what he does
  • Beaten up like a punk-ass kid by Bane (who had nothing super about him)
#28 Posted by RustyRoy (14935 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, it's not a matter of whether or not Nolan's movies were good or not. It's not a debate on whether or not Bale-Bat is weak or not. The article just says that Nolan Batman is a pussy. He fights crime for goodness sake. He faced off the Scarecrow, had the bravery to train intensely and ultimately faced off against Ra's al Ghul. Then he fights the Joker and then Two-Face. Even at his weakest, he, out of all people, fought Bane. Got his back broken, and then went back to stop Bane. Then he dragged a ticking bomb out into the ocean. Auto-pilot or not, he had the guts to ride in that plane.

Yes, Nolan Batman is nowhere near the competence of comic book Batman. And thinking that Nolan's movies were overrated have nothing to do witht this article. Nolan's Batman was no pussy. In fact, none of the comic book superheroes are wusses. The fact that risk their butts saving lives makes them brave

Awesome post bro.

#29 Edited by modunhanul (418 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: Its all an opinion in my opinion Ledger was great but his character showed no emotions he was crazy and played crazy in a calmer manner and it fit the world. Where Eckhart's character was forced out of the "normal" world with the death of the love of his life and the viewers saw an emotional journey of a character driven mad by the city and its crime. So I do think that if Ledger did not have the spooky aura around his performance I think part of his calmer craziness would of been lost.

Ledger's Joker isn't some crazy nutback. The Joker of DK tries to prove everyone has evil inside. Even at the first part of the movie, bank robbery scene, Joker's minions kill their partners because of their evil inside them. At the last Joker scene, the bomb scene, Joker fails to prove Gotham's citizens are evil, but at least he tried to prove himself.

Ledger's Joker has his own faith. He's not just some crazy terrorist.

#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that it has "actually a total pussy" in the title should've made that obvious.

#31 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

So the author of the article stated that is just satire...

#32 Posted by Doctorholmes241 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective: yeah and I have to agree on the lack of genius detective and crazy dedicated parts

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (47863 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

Nuff said.

#34 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

The article may be satire, but it raises valid points about why the Nolan Batman is no where near as bad ass as the comic Batman.

1. NOT The Worlds Greatest Detective (one of the 10 that was true) - he displays almost NO detective skills across 3 movies.Seriously? The Batman made his name in a comic book called "Detective Comics". One of his nicknames is "The Worlds Greatest Detective". The bullet/fingerprint thing was technology, not detective work. Donate that computer system to the police and they would have done the same thing. He tails Selina.... anyone could do that.

2. He fights terribly - Batman is supposed to be the master of 127 martial arts. Watch those fight scenes (any of them) again and you'll see how badly done they are. I blame 2 things. 1 - Bad fight choreographers and 2. Bale not being able to move properly in the suit. He may also just suck at that stuff, I don't know - but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and blame other things for him. The only thing working against the suit argument is Russel Crowe and Michael Shannon in MoS had a pretty awesome fight scene and they were wearing some pretty full on armour in that scene.

3. He sounds like he has throat cancer in order to sound dark and menacing - This is both Bale and Nolan's fault. Bale for coming up with the voice, Nolan for not telling him he sounded like he had throat cancer and to stop doing it.

4. He's the hero Gotham deserves, not the hero Gotham needs right now.... WHAT?!?!? Batman isn't usually so cryptic about this stuff. He fights thugs and villains to keep Gotham safe... where the hell did this crap come from? There's no need to try and be philosophical about it. His parents were murdered, they never caught the murderer - he makes a vow to seek justice and protect the citizens of Gotham so no one else has to suffer his fate. Simple. Damn you Nolan!

5. He doesn't invent anything (this is also one of the 10 that was true) - Ok, I know in the comics there was also that other character they killed off in Hush (can't recall his name ATM), but it's generally accepted Batman invents and builds his own stuff. He might get someone to help him every now and again, or do maintenance, but over-all he's more than capable of doing it himself. Nolan totally stole that from him.

I'm just saying, satire or not, the article was completely spot on with some truth too. I love the films, but Nolan really didn't let him be the Batman I knew.

#35 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: I agree with your points but those reasons don't make him a pussy. Whether or not he was as badass as his comic counterpart is a different story. The article is calling Batman a pussy, which is not true! Why do people think bravery is the same as skill?

#36 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Agreed - I don't think he's a pussy technically (kind fights like one though) - he just wasn't the Batman from the comics.

Although it could be argued he's such an amazing fighter, he doesn't even need to hit his opponents (46 seconds, and also again at 2:30).

Loading Video...

#37 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15346 posts) - - Show Bio

The article may be satire, but it raises valid points about why the Nolan Batman is no where near as bad ass as the comic Batman.

1. NOT The Worlds Greatest Detective (one of the 10 that was true) - he displays almost NO detective skills across 3 movies.Seriously? The Batman made his name in a comic book called "Detective Comics". One of his nicknames is "The Worlds Greatest Detective". The bullet/fingerprint thing was technology, not detective work. Donate that computer system to the police and they would have done the same thing. He tails Selina.... anyone could do that.

2. He fights terribly - Batman is supposed to be the master of 127 martial arts. Watch those fight scenes (any of them) again and you'll see how badly done they are. I blame 2 things. 1 - Bad fight choreographers and 2. Bale not being able to move properly in the suit. He may also just suck at that stuff, I don't know - but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and blame other things for him. The only thing working against the suit argument is Russel Crowe and Michael Shannon in MoS had a pretty awesome fight scene and they were wearing some pretty full on armour in that scene.

3. He sounds like he has throat cancer in order to sound dark and menacing - This is both Bale and Nolan's fault. Bale for coming up with the voice, Nolan for not telling him he sounded like he had throat cancer and to stop doing it.

4. He's the hero Gotham deserves, not the hero Gotham needs right now.... WHAT?!?!? Batman isn't usually so cryptic about this stuff. He fights thugs and villains to keep Gotham safe... where the hell did this crap come from? There's no need to try and be philosophical about it. His parents were murdered, they never caught the murderer - he makes a vow to seek justice and protect the citizens of Gotham so no one else has to suffer his fate. Simple. Damn you Nolan!

5. He doesn't invent anything (this is also one of the 10 that was true) - Ok, I know in the comics there was also that other character they killed off in Hush (can't recall his name ATM), but it's generally accepted Batman invents and builds his own stuff. He might get someone to help him every now and again, or do maintenance, but over-all he's more than capable of doing it himself. Nolan totally stole that from him.

I'm just saying, satire or not, the article was completely spot on with some truth too. I love the films, but Nolan really didn't let him be the Batman I knew.

1. We have a thread about how much detective work it did during this trilogy, it debunked the myth he didnt did detective job.

2. Self defense systems arent made to look cool and dont look like MMA or MA from movies, even when you belive those guys look great, they would had get their asses kicked by Batman, by the fact it was design based on their looks over funtionallity.

Real fights dont look pretty.

3. The voice argument is the dumbest argument ever and is not even an argument at all.

4.Go and read Batman quotes and comics, he is always saying bizarre things like this all the time, people just forgive him because is in the comic.

Batman is not a simplistic character, is very complicated and that why it got so popular, the fact he had problems made peole care for him, more that for other characters.

He has deal with his own problems during years.

5. Neither did Comic Book Batman during all this years his gadgets were made by Harold Allnut that lived with him and worked in the Batcave, he was his best friend during many yeas, its also explain any of his gadget werent even his and were made by Wayne tech.

Also he fixed the Bat, he used Lucius Design of the phones to capture the Joker and was working in the energy for everybody in Gotham, the guy was smart.

The jokes is to show how this arguments arent real arguments, but cherry picking to build arguments.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias. Cherry picking may be committed unintentionally.

Nolan Haters do this all the time and their arguments are based on this.

#38 Edited by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: haha okay. I wasn't complaining that article was stating that Batman wasn't very good. I was complaining that the article stated that he was a pussy.

Yeah, Batman wasn't nearly as good as he was in the comics. But does it really matter that much? As a huge Batman fan, I would love to see a better fighter and more intelligent version of Batman, but nonetheless, I thought Bale was the best Batman and the movies nonetheless were great.

#39 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman said:

1. We have a thread about how much detective work it did during this trilogy, it debunked the myth he didnt did detective job.

2. Self defense systems arent made to look cool and dont look like MMA or MA from movies, even when you belive those guys look great, they would had get their asses kicked by Batman, by the fact it was design based on their looks over funtionallity.

Real fights dont look pretty.

3. The voice argument is the dumbest argument ever and is not even an argument at all.

4.Go and read Batman quotes and comics, he is always saying bizarre things like this all the time, people just forgive him because is in the comic.

Batman is not a simplistic character, is very complicated and that why it got so popular, the fact he had problems made peole care for him, more that for other characters.

He has deal with his own problems during years.

5. Neither did Comic Book Batman during all this years his gadgets were made by Harold Allnut that lived with him and worked in the Batcave, he was his best friend during many yeas, its also explain any of his gadget werent even his and were made by Wayne tech.

Also he fixed the Bat, he used Lucius Design of the phones to capture the Joker and was working in the energy for everybody in Gotham, the guy was smart.

The jokes is to show how this arguments arent real arguments, but cherry picking to build arguments.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias. Cherry picking may be committed unintentionally.

Nolan Haters do this all the time and their arguments are based on this.

OK dude, I was just having a bit of fun, but OK.

1. Point me in the direction of these threads please (can't seem to find anything when I search and there's quite a few to look through manually). I still maintain he wasn't all that genius at his work and was never really a step ahead of the cops throughout the films (unless a villain gifted him information). - I'll withhold judgement until I've read other threads/arguments.

2. I think you'll find MMA fighters are among some of the most well trained combatants on the planet (along with boxers, jui-jitsu and Muay-Thai fighters, hence why the do MMA). I'm not talking about Jackie Chan martial arts for the movies, I mean showing genuine speed, agility and fighting techniques. These are basic brawls (the fight with Bane is one of the worst fight scenes in a while considering how big budget this film is). The hits are slow, movements are stiff and jerky and only incorporate small aspects of any decent fight (refer again to the opening fight in MoS between Jor-El and Zod for how a MOVIE fight-scene should be choreographed using real-world self defense techniques, while wearing bulky, stiff armour). And besides, as I said Batman has mastered 127 martial arts according to the comics. He's gonna be doing some flashy looking stuff, swinging out the dark and stuff (his big reveal where he takes down the mob guys in Batman Begins did this well though, but over-all it's only 1 scene out of many across 3 movies). - So, not as bad-ass as the comics.

3. It's a dumb voice - it deserves a dumb argument. Besides, the point I was trying to make (within some humour) is that IMHO the Batman of the comics is menacing without a stupid voice. Kevin Conroy does it perfectly as a voice actor. No need to sound like he needs surgery. If it's a disguising factor - HE WEARS A FREAKING MASK! I mean people can be observant, but most people (including Gordon) don't interact with Bruce Wayne frequently enough that they'd recognize his voice alone. No, I contend the voice is about being dark and menacing and threatening... which it isn't. - So again, not as bad-ass as the comics (who doesn't need a voice, he just IS dark and menacing).

4. You may be right (I've never seen it personally, but I'll admit I don't read Batman comics religiously) I'm not saying he doesn't have problems or isn't complicated personally - I was saying his motivation for what he's doing isn't cryptic. Nolan IMHO was trying too hard on this one, that's all. Just leave it as the "I'm gonna be a symbol, symbols can't be killed" thing. The needs and not deserves thing is just confusing... Hence why I don't think it came up during Rises.... - So still - not as bad-ass as the comics, since we're adding in weird philosophical sentences that don't make sense. I would have preferred "Because I'm the goddamn Batman!" lol

5. Harold Arnutt wasn't created until 1989 and didn't appear in Batman until 1990. He was then killed off in Hush, what, 13 years later? So in terms of the Batman mythos, Batman is predominately responsible for his gadgets, it's only in recent years that they felt a need to bring in outside help within the comics. As for the things he DID do in the films, this is part of the problem - I have no reason to accept he's capable of these things since he goes to Lucious all the time for his gear and stuff. Pretty sure all his time training in the mountains didn't give him an engineering degree. So not as bad-ass as the comics.

Just quickly on the topic of Lucious Fox - his creation (which pre-dates Harold) was never as an inventor or anything. He was brought in to work at Wayne Enterprises to help with it's financial standings. He was never some genius inventor/engineer/etc... It's only in recent comics they've started to make him like that because of the Nolan films. (Nolan made a side character more bad-ass than the comic version - how is this fair?)

My point, as picked up by @batmannflash, is that Nolan's Batman wasn't as awesome as the Batman of the comics. I understood the humour of the article, I understood the satire. I understand the point you're making about Nolan haters cherry picking points for a complaint (I'm not one BTW - I love those movies). My only point was that in doing so it touched on some truths about why Nolan's Batman is open to genuine criticism, for not being as bad-ass as the comic book Batman. Doesn't mean the films are any less awesome or enjoyable.

#40 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (15346 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: 1.Is called why people thinks Nolan Batman didn do detective job? or somethin like that.

2. MMA are design to work in a ring, this techniquesfail against several enemies and groun techniques arent that great in self defense situations, even the Gracie Self Defense System talks against going tot he ground.

I mean some time ago some one posted a video of a ex UFC guy and his friend getting their ass kicked in a real fight.

Batman cant train 127 styles, to master an style takes 10 years, also using flashy thing is useless, Batman is not going to use useless things, he is Batman, he chould be more funtional, also that how real life fights looks like.

Also i blame Bourne for how bad thing looks today.

3.People only want Conroy voice, i mean Peter Weller got shit even when he sound awesome as Batman and so did the new guy in Arkham Origins.

4.Batman is bizarre and cryptic, that why i love the barsthed

5.Batman cant do everything, i mean i know are comics, but it looks like if he gest 36 hours days.

Comic book Batman many times is not a bad ass, many times the guys is terribly annoying, is obvious they will make him less powerfull, they did it with Superman, Green Arrow is not using his Boxing Gloves Arrows and lets be honest even Tony Stark is not an alcoholic.

Is not, its Movie Batman, its like complaint Movie Superman cant see souls, cant move planets and cant do all that bizarre thing does in the comic.

New Medium, means new rules and you have to work from that, besides, comic book Batman are several Batmen depending on the writter, is not just one Batman, i still dont see how people overlooks that Snyder Batman, Morrison Batman are nothing like Miller Batman.

#41 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1379 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: Personally I don't like the miller Batman (could be because of my Superman love), but yes, different writers give the character different traits. And you're right, the different medium gives us a different character, it has to. I was merely pointing out that Batman is way more awesome in the comics.

The other voice actor I like is the guy who has done the Arkham games.... he's got a great Batman voice too.

#42 Edited by UltimateJonathan (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's Batman was a big pussy

#43 Posted by TJSH96 (937 posts) - - Show Bio

That article is correct. Christopher Nolan's Batman was terrible and his voice was laughable. No-one can take a guy with that type of voice seriously.

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (14935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjsh96: But millions of people did.

#45 Posted by TJSH96 (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

Because it was a movie and people excused that. I'm quite sure a person would take someone sounding like Kevin Conroy's Batman voice a lot more seriously then some gibberish-raspy Christian Bale voice that a person can barely understand.

#46 Edited by RustyRoy (14935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjsh96: If it was excused then what's the problem?

#47 Posted by entropy_aegis (15980 posts) - - Show Bio

@tjsh96 said:

@rustyroy:

Because it was a movie and people excused that. I'm quite sure a person would take someone sounding like Kevin Conroy's Batman voice a lot more seriously then some gibberish-raspy Christian Bale voice that a person can barely understand.

Comic Batman did have a growl,Bale's Batman voice is straight from the comics.

#48 Posted by Jayc1324 (16601 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatejonathan: Risking your life everyday=not a p****. He took a bullet in the stomach and still saved the day. Most people would've cried

#49 Posted by RustyRoy (14935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@ultimatejonathan: Risking your life everyday=not a p****. He took a bullet in the stomach and still saved the day. Most people would've cried

Most people would've pissed in their pants.

#50 Posted by tec79 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

They are films meant to appeal to a general world wide audience not relatively speaking a small number of comic book readers. The film have to be judged based on that fact, based on that criteria they are very good to great and transcend the genre of superhero film completely. They have done this in the way the Exorcist transcend being just a horror movie or the Godfather films rose above just being crime/drama or gangster films in 1970's.