'The Flash' Extended Trailer

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By ms__omega

Wow Can't wait also Zoom and Weather Wizard :)

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

1. It looks fun
  2. I still don't think it'll have any connection to the movies.
  3. Stephen Amell ruins it with that appearance. Stop being Batman or boring old stick!
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Looks pretty solid

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duncan:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! They showed his accident, his recuperation, his getting the costume and code name, the villain of the piece, and even how he defeats said villain (running opposite the tornado's spin). Of course, there's going to be more than this in the 42-43 minutes, but it kind of ruined all the cool parts.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

It looks amazing.

BUT.

Anyone else getting a serious, "Here's the Batman/Superman relationship you're not going to get in the movie, deal with it." vibe from the Arrow/Barry relationship?

Yeah, I noticed that too

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

oh so warm and fuzzy on the inside. :3
I cannot wait. Love Arrow, loved how they introduced Barry in the series, super-emphesizing his scientific side, and loved the origin that they showed during the season 2 mid-season episode. I cannot wait for this show. Sure its CW and some of the dialogue is, well CW-ish/smallville-ish, but its the pilot episode and most of that dialogue will get ironed out once the series progresses.
+ may i point out that they made a series in the same universe as arrow and did not make it gim-dark. I mean Holly shizzle doll!!! Man of steel could have learnt a good thing or two......million lives, about that. No need for gim-gritty-dark to be fun. And this looks like a hellavu lot of fun :3

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#207  Edited By nappystr8

Hey, this actually looks fun, way more so than Arrow. Too early to say for sure on the costume, but I think it could use some improvements.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

I can already tell I'm going to have to add this to what was previously only two instances of liking Barry Allen. (For curious, it was New Frontier, where he's basically written as Wally West, and Young Justice, where his personality was spun as a great "straight man" for an ensemble.) Making him very, very young seems like the missing element, because it instantly washes away the "old white dude" stink of Silver Age. Seems obvious now, but who knew?

New Frontier, where he's written as wally west ...really? i didn't think so at the time but good observation ...now that i think about it you have a point

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#210  Edited By Fallschirmjager
LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. That suit has to get an upgrade at some point. Looks very much like a "first costume," which is fine for now, but later it will not be.

2. Weather Wizard looks good, nice CGI, and NICE TO FINALLY SEE POWERS IN A COMIC SHOW

3. I wish Barry was older so they could introduce Wally/Barry as more of a father son type relationship. But oh well.

But...they've introduced some powers in both Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@theacidskull: The only part I can't figure out is what I like the most...

Zoom Cameo...First person super speed running....

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tuesdays at 8:00? Uh oh! That means unless either NCIS or Agents of SHIELD switches timeslots, I'm either going to have to drop a show or switch back to Comcast, (which I've actually been thinking about) because I can't record three shows at once with Fios.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Tuesdays at 8:00? Uh oh! That means unless either NCIS or Agents of SHIELD switches timeslots, I'm either going to have to drop a show or switch back to Comcast, (which I've actually been thinking about) because I can't record three shows at once with Fios.

Aren't NCIS and AOS on at 9:00pm?

Nighthound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that weather wizard??

multiAQWorlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lcazt1996: Yea, but those powers were "Enhanced Strength" doesn't really look flashy or anything...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#218  Edited By fodigg

@sasquatch888 said:

@fodigg said:

I can already tell I'm going to have to add this to what was previously only two instances of liking Barry Allen. (For curious, it was New Frontier, where he's basically written as Wally West, and Young Justice, where his personality was spun as a great "straight man" for an ensemble.) Making him very, very young seems like the missing element, because it instantly washes away the "old white dude" stink of Silver Age. Seems obvious now, but who knew?

New Frontier, where he's written as wally west ...really? i didn't think so at the time but good observation ...now that i think about it you have a point

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@fodigg: He didn't seem to act much like Wally in New Frontier

For me it was the defiance that reminded me of Wally. Where Barry always struck me as earnest and straight-forward, New Frontier portrayed him telling off "G-Men" and bucking the law. While that lacked the humor of Wally, it had all the audacity.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@fodigg: Just because Barry is shy and awkward doesn't mean he's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks is right. Also, what's wrong with being earnest and strait forward?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg: Just because Barry is shy and awkward doesn't mean he's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks is right. Also, what's wrong with being earnest and strait forward?

Nothing by itself, and I didn't imply as much. But if you want to get into my beef with "plain white toast" Barry Allen, would you really object if I said DC has issues with its Silver Age properties--Hal Jordan, Superman, Barry Allen--coming across as staid and uptight old fogeys? And that they frequently and desperately try to wash that off with angrier, grittier, cooler 90s-esque grit?

Keep in mind that my point of view is the Flash TV show looks like they're getting the earnest and straightforward character right, so it should be apparent to you that I don't have a problem with such characters generally. I just don't like the boring or overcompensating ones, and I perceive Barry as the former.

Avatar image for the_devil_of_deicide
The_Devil_Of_Deicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know it's the same creators because of the pitifully cliche dialogue.

"I guess I wasn't fast enough." Please. Little kid foreshadowing his superherohood after traumatic experience? Goodness.

And if anybody was missing Doug Stamper from House of Cards, they've managed to recreate the shape of his head with the costume on, so we'll be good until next February.

Cast doesn't look too bad. Hopefully they don't make the women as weak and fragile as Arrow's Felicity and Laurel, though.

Despite all this I'm looking forward to it. Flash was my first favourite comic book character.

Avatar image for thehumanthunderbolt
thehumanthunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have mixed feelings about this, but overall I think it'll be fun to watch. First, the casting choice is a little sub par in my opinion (some of the main characters appearances don't match those in the comics), but I can overlook that. However, I don't like the fact that Barry saw his mother murdered. That was a key point in the comics that he believed so strongly that his father was innocent, but in the back of his mind he knew it was a possibility. Finally, STAR Labs knows that Barry Allen is the Flash. What?! Barry's identity is supposed to be a secret! But whatever, I expected there to be some inconsistencies so I'm not too disappointed. Should be fun to watch and I can't wait to see what they do with Weather Wizard and I hope the Rogues eventually come into play!

Oh Plus Weather Wizard is Clyde Mardon instead of Mark and he doesn't have a wand. AND Barry was in a coma for nine months? That's a little stupid. BUT I'm just a nit picky comic book nerd and it's to be expected that a tv show is going to be different from the comics.

Avatar image for thehumanthunderbolt
thehumanthunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_devil_of_deicide: I agree with the statement about the female characters, especially when it comes to Iris. She's supposed to be pretty tough and gets what she wants. But from the trailer, it seems like Iris will hopefully not end up being weak or fragile.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Hal is probably the least straightforward member of the League. He's basically Spike Spiegel, a space cowboy. Superman may be a bit strait laced, but he's definitely not uptight (he's also not from the Silver Age). Barry's pretty strait lace, but I wouldn't quite call him uptight, i'd say more like nervous. If I did have to choose a member of the league that is straightforward and uptight it would definitely be Batman for all the obvious reasons.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

bits of it are cringey

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg: Hal is probably the least straightforward member of the League. He's basically Spike Spiegel, a space cowboy. Superman may be a bit strait laced, but he's definitely not uptight (he's also not from the Silver Age). Barry's pretty strait lace, but I wouldn't quite call him uptight, i'd say more like nervous. If I did have to choose a member of the league that is straightforward and uptight it would definitely be Batman for all the obvious reasons.

• Hal has been mister "action rude mcawesome" for too long for me to take him seriously. In what way does he possibly compare to the suave, calm, and cool Spike Spiegal? That's a ridiculous comparison.
  • No, Superman isn't a Silver Age creation, but he was popular in the Silver Age and therefore the Silver Age obsession by the current creatives running DC applies. And really, you are trying to spare him through a technicality. He is the quintessential "boring" superhero, which is why they've tried everything with him but the best stuff is still Elseworlds books like Red Son and All Star.
  • Barry is boring. That's why they kept him dead for so long. He's best as Wally West's backstory, and that's it.
  • Batman, the billionaire playboy is uptight? The commando-detective-ninja is straightforward? You're really saying Batman is the stodgy one? Word?

Nah, bro. Nah.

No Caption Provided

The Flash show seems to be ducking this by making him so much younger that his earnestness comes from youth and inexperience and not just being a boring old white dude.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Looks fun :)

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: New 52 Hal is defiantly less suave then his old self, but there is no denying he. like Spike, is a space cowboy. Superman, lke Batman and Wonder Woman, is still a golden age character. Also, I wouldn't call him boring when his recent book Superman Unchained has been one of the #1 selling comics of both 2013 and 2014, as well as action comics which has been getting rave reviews. There is also the Scott Lobdel Superman book, but nobody really likes that one. Point is, if he was boring he wouldn't be one of the most popular and profitable heroes around today. I suppose we will just have to disagree, because I like Barry, but always found Wally to be the less interesting one. Batman is not actually a playboy, that's an act he puts on. Are you really going to tell me that the guy who spies on everyone, and is wound up to the point of a mental breakdown isn't uptight? Exactly what does Batman do that makes him not straightforward? Also, calling someone a "Boring old white dude" seems like a very ridged way of looking at someone, especially a fictional character.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg: calling someone a "Boring old white dude" seems like a very ridged way of looking at someone, especially a fictional character.

He's boring; he's old (usually); and he's a cis straight white male, the most over-represented demographic. How is that offsides?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@fodigg: 1. I don't think he's boring, but I guess that's where we have to disagree

2. How is he old? in the New 52 he's in his early to mid twenties, and before the new 52 he was still around late twenties to mid thirties. In fact, now that the JSA have been reinvented in Earth-2, the only old hero showing up these days in comics is Blue Marvel.

3. What does any of that have to do with weather or not the character is interesting? I'm saying it's a ridged way of thinking for labeling someone like that, and then writing them of because of a simple perception at face value. One of the fundamentals of reading/writing comics is looking deeper into things and going beyond the norm, so why limit yourself by thinking in that manner?

multiAQWorlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: 1. I don't think he's boring, but I guess that's where we have to disagree

2. How is he old? in the New 52 he's in his early to mid twenties, and before the new 52 he was still around late twenties to mid thirties. In fact, now that the JSA have been reinvented in Earth-2, the only old hero showing up these days in comics is Blue Marvel.

3. What does any of that have to do with weather or not the character is interesting? I'm saying it's a ridged way of thinking for labeling someone like that, and then writing them of because of a simple perception at face value. One of the fundamentals of reading/writing comics is looking deeper into things and going beyond the norm, so why limit yourself by thinking in that manner?

cuz, he has yet to unlock the full potential of his brain capacity!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@multiaqworlds: Sorry, I can't tell if that's sarcastic or not (no offense)

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lcazt1996: Yea, but those powers were "Enhanced Strength" doesn't really look flashy or anything...

This is true, but why complain about it? I think it looks cool. :)

Alex_Kincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk about the costume but I will definitely be seeing this.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ambiguous age, so as with comics we are left with comparisons. For a good long time he's been older than the adult Wally West, and he wasn't made "young" in the comics even after being brought back. In the show, he's young in relation to Green Arrow.

If you care about diversity then it's another mark against an already uninteresting character. There's nothing rigid about pointing out the obvious as I go through a long list of what Barry fails to bring to the table.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@fodigg: The point is he's not an old man. Also if your argument is he's old because you can compare him to someone younger, then what about Jay Garrick, a Flash who was much older then him? within that context despite an ambiguous age he would seem much younger.

I'm not talking about diversity, I'm talking about being short sighted. You shouldn't dismiss a character because of things like race, religion, sexuality, age, or gender, unless it's a rare situation in which that truly maters. You can show them favor for these things, but you should not dismiss for them. Of course, if you do have an issue with one of those factors, or a character isn't how you refer them, then I can understand that. I myself like Wally a little better now that he's a kid.

In the end it doesn't matter, if you don't like him, you don't like him, that's fine. Trust me, I have more then enough characters that I don't like. Heck, I'm not even a big fan of the Flash. I do like Barry best, but outside of that I don't really care to much.

In any case, I won't be watching, but I do hope you enjoy the show.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg: The point is he's not an old man. Also if your argument is he's old because you can compare him to someone younger, then what about Jay Garrick, a Flash who was much older then him? within that context despite an ambiguous age he would seem much younger.

Except Jay was so old it was notable compared to the average hero. Again, relative.

I'm not talking about diversity, I'm talking about being short sighted. You shouldn't dismiss a character because of things like race, religion, sexuality, age, or gender, unless it's a rare situation in which that truly maters. You can show them favor for these things, but you should not dismiss for them.

In the end it doesn't matter, if you don't like him, you don't like him, that's fine.

And I don't like him, because I find him boring. And that's why I repeated "he's boring" when I'd discuss my other concerns, not because I was being intentionally obstinate (although it is the internet, so I suppose I could have been clearer) but because my other points depend on that for support. I don't find him boring because he's demographically vanilla, I find the fact that he's demographically vanilla notable because he's so boring he could really use some sort of unique hook to make up for that. For example, after taking away the JSA legacy/family aspect of Alan Scott's character and dropping him down to generic hero age, he really didn't have much going for him in my opinion. Making him homosexual, however, at least provides opportunity for some plot hooks that weren't so well-trod. (He failed to deliver on the core character, so I'm not too impressed with him still, but it was worth a shot is my point.) I don't expect you to agree with me that Barry is boring, but I can but frame my argument from my own perspective.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@fodigg: I don't see how Alan being homosexual makes him more interesting. I've grown to like him more because of how he uses his unique and amazing powers, and because of his own personality, but I don't see how him being homosexual makes a difference (other then adding some necessary diversity). Although I will agree I do miss having older heroes, and that dropping their ages makes them a little less unique. I also don't know what you mean by Barry needing a hook. He's connected to an interdenominational force that gives him powers and changes his perspective of the world/how his mind thinks. Seems like that's already pretty interesting (kind of, again not a massive Flash fan). Of course that's just me.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg: I don't see how Alan being homosexual makes him more interesting.

It doesn't, which is why I still find him kinda eh, but it provides a new angle for writing opportunities that, paired with good writing generally, could provide a character archetype missing from comics. Alas.

I've grown to like him more because of how he uses his unique and amazing powers, and because of his own personality,

The new connection to the Green is indeed what I find most compelling.

Although I will agree I do miss having older heroes, and that dropping their ages makes them a little less unique.

RIP JSA.

I also don't know what you mean by Barry needing a hook. He's connected to an interdenominational force that gives him powers and changes his perspective of the world/how his mind thinks. Seems like that's already pretty interesting (kind of, again not a massive Flash fan). Of course that's just me.

That's powers though, not personality. I dunno, I feel like throwing a bunch of new powers at something is a sign the book is struggling generally (e.g., new 52 Static), even when I see potential (e.g., Alan Scott).

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: I think DC has been doing a good job exploring the Flash's powers, and going into depth about how it affects his mind/perceptions (which is one of the reasons why I prefer Barry). They've done it so well I actually used some pages from the Flash's book in a presentation for my class on autism.

I defiantly agree that was one of the mistakes DC made with Static's book. Of course, DC has been making a LOT of mistakes with all of their books about young heroes, but that's another rant for another day.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#241  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

YAY!!! I'm so excited for this show!!! I can't wait to see who they will feature in this show!

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By mfundo

Wow... I just died and went to awesome-writing-acting-and-visual-effects heaven, again. I see some major competition amongst Constantine, Gotham and The Flash this year. Please let them be Emmy award worthy like Smallville. I love you DC Comics!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like crap just like everything else the CW touches.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Oh, I'm cool with that then xD

Flash_PHOBIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So pumped for this show, of course they had to release a whole 5 minutes just to tease me

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DCCW has come far