• 61 results
X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By X9

It's just something that's been in my mind for a while. There are many Babs-Dick supporters (I personally like the idea of seeing them together), but sometimes I wonder if fans want her to end up with Dick simply because there's no one else she could end up with decently.

Her past realationships were probably retconned or reduced to college boyfriends or smaller things. She hasn't had many (no critics) and, from the few ones she had, I can't remember of any which was intense, as interesting as her relationship with Dick or at least something I could read and think "Well, it may have future". In fact, the only name that comes to my mind is Jason Bard :P

So, what I'm asking here... apart from Dick, who else could be Barbara's couplet? An existing character, as Ted Kord? A new character, like a young police officer, a new hero/villain/anti-hero, a friend, someone from her past, a mafia member?! Anyway, someone she could have something with. Something which could last and even divide/shake Dick-Babs supporters, like myself.

What you think?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

Jason?...Nawh

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By oraclefyre

It will always be Dick for me, but what about Jason Todd? Wrong yet so right....But then it will mess up my shipping for Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Kyle Rayner. Why? Because I'm bored, and they're both awesome. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Nobody, not everyone needs to be in a relationship to be happy.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By X9

: Totally agree, but I'm wondering if she gets envolved with someone, who could it be? I don't think DC is gonna let her single/lonely forever :P

: Haha, I'd thought of him, but I was afraid people were gonna call me crazy hehe. Though, if it has any chance to come true, it would happen in YJ. With a teen version of Kyle...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish Ted Kord was still alive. He adored Barbara and he was smart enough to keep up with her as Oracle. Super bummed that things with him didn't play out.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Superguy0009e

@divingfalcon713 said:

I really wish Ted Kord was still alive. He adored Barbara and he was smart enough to keep up with her as Oracle. Super bummed that things with him didn't play out.

This....damn it..:'(

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vernierhawk001

Interesting question. i've got nothing at the moment

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By daredevil21134

Kyle Rayner

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Babs will never be happy without Dick.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Stronger

@PowerHerc said:

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By War07

@PowerHerc said:

Yes she can if the writers give her more love interest like Dick!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By the_tree

Ted Kord.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krissyjump

I always felt Black Canary and her would have made a great pairing. Just the subtext, intentional or not, really made me feel they always had a chemistry and would make a good couple.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By wessaari

im torn, because this will ultimately boil down to, is Dick Grayson the one for Babs. and in many interpretations, it has gone both ways. currently, there is a hinted romantic tension, but not enough for them to be hooking up. barbara has existed for a long time, and for her to not to even have a second choice of who should be with is quite astounding. i find it funny that in the 90's animated series that Babs had a crush on Batman, and then later was hinted that Bruce and Barbara had a relationship , even after Dick and Babs were together. i just found that funny that she is so tied down to Gotham, that she hasnt branched out (relationship wise). I am DickxBabs fan but at the same time im a DickxKori fan. He can literally go any way he wants. He almost married Kori, proposed to Babs, slept with countless women (taking after Bruce i see), but ultimately hasnt found the one. and in comics to have the "one" can be detrimental to a character. not being able to see different relationships and being tied down, creates problems for writers. so in a way, we will never have an answer. unless comics as a whole jumps ahead 10-15 years where we can see how things have turned out, and even in that circumstance we might not have an answer or might not like it. in one near future, Dick has a child with Kori. its actually sort of sad to see that characters we love, wont be together, or if they are together they arent happy. in this new continuity it is my fondest hope that i see Dick and Babs at least kiss. They havent been in a relationship in the New 52 but the romantic feelings are there. But lol the main question is who can Babara Gordon be with if not Dick. Honestly, and dare i say that Bruce Timm has a good idea, but the concept of Babs with Bruce is not entirely farfetched. I cant see her with anyone else. She detests Jason, and Tim is too young. Although there is a huge age difference, with Babs in her early twenties and Bruce in his mid thirties. But if not contricted to Bat- charcaters or Gotham characters, i cant give an answer. She was close with the Arrow family, (while Ollie and Dinah were an item in old continuity) but there was hardly any interaction with her and Roy, I know nothing of Connor Hawke. but he doesnt exist in new 52. I doubt that she and Rayner would get along, and thats about it. but ya, that is very good question :P

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17  Edited By wessaari

as for ted kord. in the old continuity, maybe. but in the new 52, i dont think so

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Billy Batson

@The_Tree said:

Ted Kord.

Yes! :D
BB

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fodigg

They mentioned (hinted) that plans were in the works for new52 Ted Kord. I'm guessing he'll be working for ARGUS since we saw future Booster (last JLI issue) with an ARGUS shoulder patch and they need to get those guys working together. He could be a hero in his own right or he could just be a weapons designer/handler.

I didn't read much when Ted and Babs were interacting, but I always liked Ted for his buddy relationship with Booster Gold and the fact that he was Tim Drakes "favorite superhero". I'd like to see that relationship.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mutant God

Sam Young

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By X9

: Hum...I'm not sure if she wouldn't get along with Rayner.

Truth be told, his personality is quite similar to Dick's and as she's good friends with that last one...

I just think Babs and Kyle will probably never meet XD

@fodigg said:

They mentioned (hinted) that plans were in the works for new52 Ted Kord. I'm guessing he'll be working for ARGUS since we saw future Booster (last JLI issue) with an ARGUS shoulder patch and they need to get those guys working together. He could be a hero in his own right or he could just be a weapons designer/handler.

Wasn't he dead? (sorry, I'm not getting info about him...)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fodigg

@X9 said:

@fodigg said:

Wasn't he dead? (sorry, I'm not getting info about him...)

Yeah, Ted died. But it's a reboot and we're getting Vibe back so it's expected he'll return in some capacity. Although in another thread they're talking about his return possibly being an alt-u multiversity appearance, so maybe the ARGUS thing really is just a pipedream of mine.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rav4

@Krissyjump said:

I always felt Black Canary and her would have made a great pairing. Just the subtext, intentional or not, really made me feel they always had a chemistry and would make a good couple.

If not Dick, then Babs and Dinah were just made for each other, orientations be damned.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MisterKetch

I definitely don't see her and Jason as an option short of a full blown sitcom moment (you know the one, two antagonistic characters yelling at each other only to pause before going at it) but even then personality wise even with the new Jason and his mellower personality I still see her as being too much of a girl scout and Barbra never struck me as the type to want a bad boy. On that level I can't see her working it out with a villain even an anti-hero seems to be a decent stretch for me.

Ted Kord would be really nice, but Barbra has been strictly street level so far, im not against her going above that but if Ted does wind up a member of ARGUS they would need to somehow get Barbra more standing in the Hero community and I actually like that she seems to be a stable and loyal gotham hero.

The comic so far has had a very intimate and emotional feel to it, between the stories and her struggles with getting over her fears and uncertainties so I would be surprised if within the next year we don't see something blossom in the relationship department.

Avatar image for leonarddreiberg
LeonardDreiberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By LeonardDreiberg

I agree that Babs and Dick belong together. Some other ideas would be her roommate or hey, a girl doesn't NEED to be in a relationship.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bigcimmerian

Damian Wayne.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By X9

: LOL

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By sethysquare

Superboy or Red Hood

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By X9

@sethysquare said:

Superboy or Red Hood

Really?

Those I'd never heard... :)

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tahmidk

Ted.... :( Not jason. no way in hell! why on earth would babs want to shack up with that psychopath?! im pretty sure she doesnt like dudes that shoot 10 yr old kids and go round willy nilly murdering other dudes and trying to kill members of the bat family.

WE NEED YOU TED, AT LEAST LET BOOSTER BEAT MAXWELL LORD AND BATMAN INTO A COMA! They took you away from us! :(

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sethysquare

@X9 said:

@sethysquare said:

Superboy or Red Hood

Really?

Those I'd never heard... :)

U mad? lol

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By X9

: Not at all, I just said I'd never seen anyone choosing these guys as romantic interests for Babs.

Why would I be mad because of such a small thing anyway ^^

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sethysquare

@X9 said:

: Not at all, I just said I'd never seen anyone choosing these guys as romantic interests for Babs.

That was a tongue in cheek comment. I thought you joked that you've never heard of Jason Todd and Superboy.

I wouldn't mind if Babs date out of the Bat family actually.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tahmidk

@sethysquare said:

@X9 said:

That was a tongue in cheek comment. I thought you joked that you've never heard of Jason Todd and Superboy.

perfect. ted kord would be perfect. We should petition ;)

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By X9

Ups I read Red Hood but I don't why I was thinking of Red Arrow...that's why I thought it unusual...

Anyway, I don't think there will ever be sth between Babs and Superboy.

Jason is a better person now, but still...not sure.

Yep, me neither.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Kate Kane.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sethysquare

@tahmidk said:

@sethysquare said:

@X9 said:

perfect. ted kord would be perfect. We should petition ;)

LOL. He is dead and only alive in Multiversity!!!! OMG can't wait.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By X9

@Supreme Marvel said:

Kate Kane.

LOL [2]

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saucedo17

I might be in the minority and it well probably never happened but how about Bruce Wayne (and his not that old ether) just my thought is all.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By X9

@Saucedo17 said:

I might be in the minority and it well probably never happened but how about Bruce Wayne (and his not that old ether) just my thought is all.

There's a pic on my profile that might let you happy haha :)

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Saucedo17

@X9: Why thank you very much it's a nice picture

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#42  Edited By x_29

Barb needs Dick.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say I'm falling for Ricky...he's a good guy who's trying to be on the right track...plus, I liked the way they worked together in KightFall's arc. He truly likes and admires Batgirl and I trust Simone to give him a bigger role in her crime fighting life.

Let's see how things are gonna go. According to issue #20 they'd have a date...hehe

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x9: Wally West could've been cool but sadly he doesn't exist in New 52. Maybe someone new who's just a normal guy.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyle for me bout him she was with a super powered guy. Hell i'd trow cyborg in there too since they are both so good with tech

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dinah or Helena Bertinelli. Hell, even Lady Blackhawk.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@x9: Well the most recent issues of Batgirl tragically screwed Barbara's chances of having a lasting romance with Ricky. *sniffs*

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steg, never go up against the shippers.

You can't win.