Thor vs Vision fight scene cut out of Aou!

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

THERE ARE SOME SPOILERS IN THE TEXT BELOW REGARDING AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I have to say i am very upset and disappointed after learning that Thor had a fight scene with the Vision in avengers:age of ultron but ended up being cut from theatrical release. Chris Hemsworth described it as "big" and these two are in my opinion the two most powerful avengers and it is a real shame that this fight scene was cut out. I have no doubt it would have been epic and really satisfied our thirst for Thor unleashing his power as the Vision is made out of vibranium and has the mind stone. I don't know why they chose to cut this out, i know the film was long but as a major Thor fan i still think Thor's power could be showcased on more epic level, not to mention how interesring this fight would be between two extremely powerful and VERSATILE avengers. I am very annoyed about this and i just hope that there is a full cut for the blu-ray release including the fight and other scenes (loki's primarily). So what are your thoughts? are you disappointed by this aswell? and what do you think the outcome would have been?

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironthor1: Thor fought against an infinity stone and won already, I see no reason/feats for the Mind Stone that tell me it'll go otherwise.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes but tge problem here is vision's phasing and how it would affect thor. And also i just think it would have been cool to see, don't you?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

love marvel, buy why do they have to keep us hanging like this..

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kfabz-23
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: He used Mjolnir to hit Malekith hard enough to separate him from the Aether, he should be able to do the same to Vision, portals or not, one solid blow from Mjolnir should take that gem off his noggin.

Besides you're forgetting that the Mind Gem isn't a direct power gem, and thus can't exactly use raw power to try and beat Thor like the Aether did. Truth be told we have no idea how the Mind Gem is going to affect Thor, so until we see them duke it out in either Thor: Ragnarok, or Avengers: Infinity War we'll simply have to call this as being a close fight with a slight majority going to Vision.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden: those portals were used to remove Malekith's arms, so he had no way of defending himself.

Visions simply has too many advantages, I don't see Thor beating him.

dmullen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is not as powerful some of you mutants feel he is. He gets outsmarted and manipulated by his own brother Loki, who's only power is the power of deception and lies. Iron Man almost took Thor in Marvel Avengers. Vision and Silver Surfer would wipe the floor with the Mighty Thor. Thor it too much in love these days.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Vision didn't exactly show very much in regards of raw power and strength, his main power comes from his blasts using the Mind Gem, and Thor can simply block the blast using Mjolnir.

Although I have to give it to Vision that if he managed to grab Thor's head, he could do some weird mind control trick on him using the gem like he did to Ultron.

Defend himself or not, Malekith was shown to be far more powerful than Vision based upon feats, and Thor hit Malekith so hard that the shockwave caused a massive crater and shattered windows.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I am upset at this. It wasn't necessary at all since Vision is peaceful and is on their side at the end but it would have been awesome to see.

I would give the fight to Thor by the way.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmullen68: Iron Man wasn't even close to "taking" Thor, Iron Man was breaking up and was getting his armor crushed by Thor's bare hands, and even when amped up to 400% he did no damage to Thor at all besides stunning him for a short while, and when Cap finally pissed off Thor and made him serious, Thor swatted Tony away like a bug.

Thor has beaten Surfer around the head multiple times in the comics, so no, Surfer won't be "wiping the floor with him". We don't have a clear view on Vision's feats from Age of Ultron, so as of yet Thor possesses an advantage based upon feats.

Although I do agree that Thor is regularly outsmarted by Loki, and he himself tends to underestimate his opponents quite a bit (Kurse).

last_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really upset with this, maybe one day we'll watch Thor v/s Vision.

Elementroar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Elementroar

Considering Vision has vibranium laced organic flesh, I'm wondering whether shockwaves happen if Thor hits him with his hammer directly.

Vision's density control means he can increase his own strength when he needs too. I noticed he literally crushed an Ultron robot from it's feet to its head like it was a tin can in one of the fight scenes in the movie. And of course, he can just phase to avoid any kind of damage (dunno if he can phase through lightning, I doubt it).

And on Thor's side, in the comics it's easier to gauge his strength. He can face off against Hulk even, but he also fought to a stand-still against Beta Ray Bill who was 'just' a bio-engineered cyborg alien. I think the MCU Thor is actually weaker than comic Thor physical strength-wise, though we haven't seen him go into a straight strength fight against Hulk yet.

Thing is that MCU Vision would never fight at full lethal strength I think, not against a friend. Even if it was right at the beginning when he just woke up and was confused, I think he doesn't have it in him to go full out on anyone who isn't an immediate threat.

Man this would be easier to say in the comics; it would be Thor hands-down, Vision isn't even in the same tier. But the MCU power upgrade for Vision really makes it hard to figure.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden: In AoU:

Vision crushes a Ultron droid like an empty can. If he became dense enough, he theoretically should be able to match Thor in strength, and we all know the Mind Gem is a HUGE advantage. His power output probably was the primary reason that the vibranium Ultron's face melted.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember guys Thor fought Malekith with an infinity gem and the only thing that happened to Thor, was he was thrown down a couple of times and had a few scratches. And after that he entered the aether vortex that surrounded Malekith (which he would use to destroy all the realms) without any harm. In the first Thor he took direct hits from Odin's spear when he fought Loki, and nothing happened. So yeah. I don't think that Vision could harm him either. In the MCU his endurance its pretty awesome. His powers however are a bit weaker than the comics but the worst thing is that they vary depending on plot.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Yeah you have a solid point, but his density alteration feat hasn't been shown in the films as of yet, he's just shown to be naturally strong, and although he may have a strength advantage he still hasn't shown high end striking feats like Thor has.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@the_knight_rhoden said:

@avatar_of_green: Yeah you have a solid point, but his density alteration feat hasn't been shown in the films as of yet, he's just shown to be naturally strong, and although he may have a strength advantage he still hasn't shown high end striking feats like Thor has.

He also hung toe to toe with Ultron for a while in terms of strength, held him still, and tanked some shots, though admittedly threw no damaging punches that I remember. And let's not forget the Mind Gem, this gives him a HUGE overall advantage if he can effectively tap into even .01% of its power. Vision doesn't need to strike Thor to do major damage to him, and let's not forget that he can pick up and move Mjolnir easily. Since he is an android, it probably would have much less effect on him than it would a being with a soul, and he could probably tank its blows or stop it mid-flight relatively easily or even grab it and try to use it against Thor.

That whole soulless thing probably has a lot to do with why the Destroyer armor can tank Mjolnir easily and also pick it up easily and basically clown Thor all the time.

Elementroar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Vision went all out, as in full lethal, then all he would need to do is phase his hand into Thor's head, throat, gut etc. and solidify. Thor shows he can be choked, I think a hand solidifying in his brain would be enough?

Thing is that Vision wouldn't go to that extent. But with his current powerset, he really can end fights very quickly if he went full lethal.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i'm glad they cut it. did we really need more "hero vs hero" stuff in that movie?

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: You have a solid point, I say Vision takes a majority if he has the Mind Gem.

If Vision went all out, as in full lethal, then all he would need to do is phase his hand into Thor's head, throat, gut etc. and solidify. Thor shows he can be choked, I think a hand solidifying in his brain would be enough?

Thing is that Vision wouldn't go to that extent. But with his current powerset, he really can end fights very quickly if he went full lethal.

He hasn't shown any phasing or density alteration in the MCU yet.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have been happy for them to cut Vision out of the whole movie let alone have them cut a fairly pointless battle with a pre-determined outcome. In a movie with a bazillion characters Vision added very little except to bog down the 2nd Act.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

so when were they suppose to fight?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elementroar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: You have a solid point, I say Vision takes a majority if he has the Mind Gem.

@elementroar said:

He hasn't shown any phasing or density alteration in the MCU yet.

He clearly uses phasing here: http://imgur.com/Y3Dgn6z

And earlier that same green effect around his hands appears when he's punching through the bots.

Also his density control is mentioned by Paul Bettany during interviews, even if in a joking manner.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hoping they have it in the dvds

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironthor1:

In AoU , which wasnt that great, Thor brings Vision to life knowing Vision will control the mind gem , why the heck would Thor then try to beat the crap out of him when that goon Ultron is already trying to destroy the world ...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what the fight scene would've looked like..........

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe all the avengers have to get involved........

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I feel like this movie was supposed to be quite a bit longer than it ended up being.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elementroar: Thanks for clearing that up, I almost forgot that scene.

If so I guess you're right Vision takes the majority as long as he has the Mind Stone.

Unless Thor pulls a Malekith Gambit on Vision and separates the Gem from him he isn't winning.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why why why did they cut the scene out?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY???

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the fight between the was supposed to happen after Thor wakes him. i think that after him an ultron fought the vision was knocked out (that we know) but they never show him reboot. he could have rebooted with ultron in his head and fought Thor then. and eventually Thor hits him and re-calibrates him or vision gets control back.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will this fight, as well as say Loki's scenes in Age of Ultron that were cut out, be on the Age of Ultron DVD?

haza96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't vision pretty much beat everyone with his phasing abilities in the movies? How could the hulk or thor hurt him if they can't touch him.