• 101 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) - - Show Bio

We're continuing to see more and more news about Joss Whedon's hugely anticipated sequel to The Avengers. The wave of coverage has included photos of actors walking around in what appears to be Ultron's armor and we even got a glimpse of the villain's head in the initial teaser, but we've yet to get a truly detailed look at the upcoming character. Well, SDCC is right around the corner and Entertainment Weekly is giving us a great look at the fiend! Ultron's gracing the cover with Iron Man and Captain America, and as you'll be able to see, they've got company.

What do you think of the character's design, Viners? Let us know below! And if there's any big news about the movie at SDCC, we'll be sure to post it shortly after it drops!

Avengers: Age of Ultron is slated to open May 1, 2015.

Here's some extra pictures from EW's coverage.

Source: Twitter

Staff
#1 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8623 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron mans master plan??

#2 Edited by Protoflash (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy shit that's so amazing that i'm crying as I type this!! I cannot wait!!! Chills!!!

#3 Posted by Vitality (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's new suit is all kinds of badass.

#4 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron still looks b@d@$$. Can't wait to see it in action.

#5 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Ultron. They stuck pretty true to his design.

#6 Edited by Rubear (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Da, Ультрон looks cool.

#7 Edited by Owie (3741 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be great.

Plus, I notice lost of other Ultrons in the back, a la the Age of Ultron event.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more interested in seeing Vision tbh

#9 Posted by PunyParker (10964 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#10 Posted by RisingBean (3984 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff.

#11 Posted by TommytheHitman (3197 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks kinda cool... I still miss Hank Pym a bit though...

#12 Posted by Avilon (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Total fangasm, must watch this!!!!! This is going to be awesome!!!!!

#13 Posted by Perfect 10 (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

like the face, body is too transformery (movie kind)

#14 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap looks stunning. Iron Man looks great. And Ultron is f*cking AMAZING

#15 Edited by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why they chose IM and Cap for the cover, is it because they are the most popular MCU characters atm and they both have had big films recently? Cap's suit is excellent.

#16 Posted by Krypton-115 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, he actually looks fcking awesome. Can't wait!

#17 Posted by Oscars94 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron looks so rad here.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (24392 posts) - - Show Bio

No complaints here, everything looks awesome.

#19 Posted by Xwraith (18204 posts) - - Show Bio

That's... actually not too bad.

#20 Posted by Conniption_Fit (19 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess the way this whole thing pans out grows really well out of the ends of both Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2. Tony feels that to protect the world he needs to think bigger than himself as a hero so based on the same AI tech used by Jarvis to run the Iron Man Suits he makes an army of drones with a new AI called Ultron to keep the peace as a replacement for the solders, spys and strike teams lost by the dismantling of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Avengers remain as the face of this organization and conceivably the field generals of these units.

Maybe due to tampering by Strucker or just a cock up by Tony the Ultron Software misinterprets the directive and reaches the conclusion that the best way to police the world is to eliminate the human threat. The Avengers must now deploy to defeat the army of Ultron drones while they try to figure out how to disable the software driving it, Tony has to face the fact that no matter what he needs to suit up, he can't just drive the initiative from the tower completing his arc from Iron Man 3. Which is what makes it a challenge because destroy all the bodies you want until a copy of the software is gone, which could spread out across the net, you still can have more self replicating Ultrons.

Vision gets built and his AI is based on Jarvis.

Other things I expect:

1. Ultron takes over Tony's armours except one he wears into combat. Maybe the way of keeping Ultron out is discovered in the construction of Vision. The Hulkbuster Armour gets hijacked by Ultron and goes after Banner due to his high threat level. The Hulk rips it to shreds. This drives a rift between Tony and Bruce because he did not know about that suit.

Bruce: Why would you build that, I trusted you

Tony: I trust you too, but you're so powerful I wanted something if I needed to stop you

Bruce: You'll notice it didn't work (Bruce leaves)

Tony: (holding piece of Hulk buster) oh I noticed

2. Captain America basically repeats his act from Cap 2 actually saying this is not that different from what happened at Shield and remains the moral compass of the movie.

3. Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver are effectively Inhumans.

4. Post credits is teaser for Dr. Strange or Ant Man

#21 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14470 posts) - - Show Bio

This is amzning .

#22 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Ultron's MCU origin that he's an Iron Man suit that gained sentience?

#23 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3831 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty awesome

#24 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Not bad. Actually looks pretty cool.

"Arkham Manor"? Is that about Gotham?

@vitality said:

Cap's new suit is all kinds of badass.

That looks kinda cool... I still miss Hank Pym a bit though...

Both very true.

#25 Edited by leokearon (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Me likely

#26 Posted by MrMazz (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks about what I'd expect him to look like kinda reminds me of HK-47. But will they be able to capture James Spader near sighted stare straight through someones soul?

#27 Posted by dondave (37441 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

#28 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything looks very good.
Iron Man's armor reminds me a lot of the Bleeding Edge armor. Cap's suit is probably the best modern suit yet, I think the WWII one is the best overall. Hope he doesn't sport a helmet since they tend to look bad :P Ultron looks utterly badass.

Sad to not see Hank Pym in this :( I don't approve of this move to bring Ultron as Stark's invention.

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (9014 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like one of Tony's suits that is sucking in its cheeks.

#30 Posted by LenSnart (224 posts) - - Show Bio

A child was born today and his name was badass

#31 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@tparks said:

#32 Edited by Jonez120 (4333 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17506 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap looks way better.

Also

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@tparks said:

#34 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3017 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome!

Damn you lucky bastards that go to San Diego!

#35 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7795 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron looks great and Caps new suit looks awesome. Getting that pumped feeling.

#36 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like a comedy.....

#37 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Cap's new suit looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see Vision now, O' Holy Hera!

#38 Posted by Omnicrono (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's suit design is a little too "busy" for my tastes, but other than that...

#39 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@conniption_fit: I like ALL of this that you said, especially the exchange between Tony and Bruce. I did wonder if they would ever get back to the Hulkbuster armor since it was referenced in The Incredible Hulk with Tony's cameo.

I love the look of Ultron and also the look of Cap's suit. I am curious about all the extra Ultron's in the back and hope this is just Age of Ultron in name (as it was mentioned to be) and not in story.

#40 Edited by The_Tree (7465 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully the story's as good as Cap and Ultron look.

#41 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... looks awesome. Really like that head. I could see it evolving over the course of the movie, but man that looks awesome. I like the idea that Ultron is red and his minions are blue. Though would be better to have more color distinguish.

Cap's new suit looks awesome, much better than the last Avengers' suit, I only wish he had red boots and gloves.

Tony's suit is just the Mark 42 with the colors inverted. It does look bulkier though, might just be the image. Not a fan, wish the suit got a whole redesign instead. Really liked the Mark 7 from Avengers. I just hope they make more use out of this suit than they did in Iron Man 3.

I kinda wish they had the Hulkbuster vs Hulk on the cover and waited till Comic Con to fully unveil Ultron.

#42 Posted by medulaoblaganda (921 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait to see this on live action. ultron looks bad-ass. better than the comic version itself. lol

#43 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything looks very good.

Iron Man's armor reminds me a lot of the Bleeding Edge armor. Cap's suit is probably the best modern suit yet, I think the WWII one is the best overall. Hope he doesn't sport a helmet since they tend to look bad :P Ultron looks utterly badass.

Sad to not see Hank Pym in this :( I don't approve of this move to bring Ultron as Stark's invention.

I think the earless one have, but I liked the closed eared ones from the WW2 suit.

#44 Edited by Transformers1024 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

My ONLY complaint is that I really liked Caps Super Soldier outfit from the last movie and really wanted to see more of it. Don't really like this new suit too much - and that's coming from the guy that loved the suit used in the first Avengers.

#45 Edited by uggiboogie (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Cinematic Captain America Costume so far..very cool Design..the new Iron man Armor looks like the Mark 42 from Iron Man 3, only with more red Color added now..looks nice too..

Need to see Ultron in full to say anything about it, doesn't look bad though..

#46 Posted by HushoftheWind (991 posts) - - Show Bio

It on took 3 movies for them to finally nail a fantastic captain America uniform. I honestly like exposed ears helment I just wish they let him sport the wings on his cap for once

#47 Posted by sparty-dbq (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron looks incredible!

Still don't like how EVERY movie has to tie back to Stark somehow, though.

#48 Posted by Sachmoo (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... I'm catching a whiff of Foreshadowing in this pic. Ultron in between Iron man and Cap with their backs toward each other. Could lead to some semblance of civil war? Seems like they have been setting it up a bit as some members have been unwittingly choosing sides I.E Cap and Black widow have been growing close. Tony and Banner have been real chummy.

Or somebody spiked my coffee this morning.

#49 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17506 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Cinematic Captain America Costume so far.

No.

#50 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

No complaints here, everything looks awesome.