Worthy Candidate for being an Avenger

• 61 results
omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been wondering for a while why he isn't an Avenger and he should be an Avenger:

No Caption Provided

Daredevil

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@omegma: He was for a little while.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: But he was for one time and thus was not officially announced as an avenger.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegma: I thought Luke Cage giving him his own Avengers I.D. card and asking him to join would have counted.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I always thought the street level heroes like Daredevil, Luke Cage and others tend to get lost in the suffle in the really big situations Avengers fave from time to time and if they need to be affiliated with law enforcement they would probaby be more effective with the police rather than Avengers. Please don't think I am slighting them I just think it would be a more efficient use of their abilities.

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone can be an avenger nowadays

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murdock don't need no stinkin' 'Vengers. He's (not) Daredevil.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By omegma

@v_scarlotte_rose: Actually he denied it my dear friend and he prefers to be solo because Avengers and it's main people are Protagonist and Antagonist who are hypocrites because when people like the main members like cap kill Red Skull or a nazi it is okay or when Natasha murdered innocent people in the Hospital it is okay or Thor killing the Sentry it is always okay.If you are going to ask me that I did not mention the Hulk it is because he is their biggest puppet of all time because he is just their mindless beast they always bring him to kill but when character like Spider-Man brutally beat the shit out of Supervillains they are kicked out.Daredevil knows everything about the Avengers because he recommended Echo to be joined on the team and she became an avenger for a litttle time.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

@omegma: He is an avenger. He's been one for like 3 years now. He's not on a team currently but he's still part of the Avengers the sameway Ironfist, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, War Machine, etc. are still all Avengers just out of the current rotation.

Anyone saying he's not an official member is outside their mind.

• He received an official Avengers I.D. card.
  • He was with the New Avengers pretty much the entire time the team existed.
  • He was with the group of Avengers that took part in Avengers vs. X-Men. (A group that Captain America brought together at Avengers Mansion)
  • When he was captured by Doom the Avengers were looking for him like crazy and when he was finally able to broadcast a single Ironman saved him minutes later fallowed by a team of Avengers in the Quin Jet.
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@teerack said:

@omegma: He is an avenger. He's been one for like 3 years now. He's not on a team currently but he's still part of the Avengers the sameway Ironfist, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, War Machine, etc. are still all Avengers just out of the current rotation.

• He was with the group of Avengers that took part in Avengers vs. X-Men. (A group that Captain America brought together at Avengers Mansion)
  • When he was captured by Doom the Avengers were looking for him like crazy and when he was finally able to broadcast a single Ironman saved him minutes later fallowed by a team of Avengers in the Quin Jet.

There's still a few places left on the Hickman Chart. Do you think any of them will get in?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:

There's still a few places left on the Hickman Chart. Do you think any of them will get in?

I kind of don't because DD is white, and the current Avengers roster is trying it's hardest to have as many minorities on it as it can.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@teerack: I think Jonathan Hickman said that 12 of the 24 characters will be women or minorities, so Daredevil could still make the cut.

Edited:

O.K. Maybe not.

On the "No List" for the books are the likes of Vision, the Sentry, Daredevil, Wonder Man, Captain Britain, Quicksilver, Pete Wisdom, Blue Marvel, Red She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Bucky Barnes, Iron Fist, Prince of Orphans, Damion Hellstrom, Psylocke, Moon Knight, Magma, Richard Rider, any of the staff from Horizon Labs or the Agents of Atlas. Hickman also noted Mockingbird, Sersi, Sharon Carter, Crystal and Firebird would not be appearing in his Avengers-related books in "any significant way."

Hickman was asked about an appearance by Power Man and Iron Fist only to say, "No they are not, but I don't think it will be long before you see them again.

And

When asked about Monica Rambeau he stated, "I mentioned this other places, I've got zero interest in writing any of the Nextwave characters ever. I don't think I could ever see them any other way."

That sucks. I was hoping Monica would be appearing. :(

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@teerack: I think Jonathan Hickman said that 12 of the 24 characters will be women or minorities, so Daredevil could still make the cut.

Edited:

O.K. Maybe not.

On the "No List" for the books are the likes of Vision, the Sentry, Daredevil, Wonder Man, Captain Britain, Quicksilver, Pete Wisdom, Blue Marvel, Red She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Bucky Barnes, Iron Fist, Prince of Orphans, Damion Hellstrom, Psylocke, Moon Knight, Magma, Richard Rider, any of the staff from Horizon Labs or the Agents of Atlas. Hickman also noted Mockingbird, Sersi, Sharon Carter, Crystal and Firebird would not be appearing in his Avengers-related books in "any significant way."

Hickman was asked about an appearance by Power Man and Iron Fist only to say, "No they are not, but I don't think it will be long before you see them again.

And

When asked about Monica Rambeau he stated, "I mentioned this other places, I've got zero interest in writing any of the Nextwave characters ever. I don't think I could ever see them any other way."

Wow seriously? That sucks and it's bull. How illogical do you need to be to see all those characters as Nextwave characters compared to half the people he already choose -_-

Oh well Heroic Age>Marvel NOW

And for real Blue Marvel is left out again? I swear Marvel should just sell the rights to the character at this point.

Though It would be cool to see some more Initiative/Youth in Revolt characters like Gravity, Firestar, Prodigy, Frogman(lol), etc.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I haven't read Nextwave yet, but I don't get what could overrule her years in the Avengers.

I hope they put some good members in. It's supposed to be that the team incorporates women and minorities to make the team look like the world, so I hope they put in a good percentage of women, as we aren't a minority.

I think it would be better if each Avengers title included all different members so that more characters got a chance to appear.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By Xanni15

DD's better off by himself.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@omegma: DD did turn down the offer first of all but he accepted it later on. DD was an Avenger. Not sure if he still is but he was at one point.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Ha as if I do not know about this.And if you are going to insinuate that I am out of my mind then that already proves the profanity of your knowledge.So what if he was caught by Doom the reason they ever came to save him was because he was friends with Avengers like Luke Cage and Spider-Man.They would have still saved him even if he was not an avenger and a person who thinks that he was saved because he was an avenger is insane and an idiot.You know nothing about the avenger's and what they really are and by the time you respond to this answer.You will already have enough time to look up in the wikipedia for answers.I am done debating with you and if you are going talk to me in that tone again then you should think twice about it.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Read what I said earlier that you will find out that I know about it.Don't take me for an idiot.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Melissa has more than earned her spot as an Avenger, and we still get nada.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@blood1991: She's not on the 'No List', so you might get your wish sometime soon.

Edited: I've found a mention from Jonathan Hickman:

Asked who his favorite character in the classic "616" Marvel Universe is, the writer pointed to Commander Arcturus Rann – the hero of the Microverse who's recently shown up in the publisher's "Minimum Carnage" event. Similarly, he said "[I] Love Songbird. LOVE!" though whether this passion for such characters means an appearance in the book is anyone's guess.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blood1991:

She's not on the 'No List', so you might get your wish sometime soon.

Edited:

I've found a mention from Jonathan Hickman:

Asked who his favorite character in the classic "616" Marvel Universe is, the writer pointed to Commander Arcturus Rann – the hero of the Microverse who's recently shown up in the publisher's "Minimum Carnage" event. Similarly, he said "[I] Love Songbird. LOVE!" though whether this passion for such characters means an appearance in the book is anyone's guess.

*Gasp* MELISSA!!!!! Maybe.... I see no reason why not with Sunspot on the team.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blood1991: I think seven of the eighteen current members are new recruits, and half of the team of twenty-four will be women or minorities.

So, brand new members are being brought in, and their are only five women at the moment, so it does seem quite possible.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blood1991

@blood1991:

I think seven of the eighteen current members are new recruits, and half of the team of twenty-four will be women or minorities.

So, brand new members are being brought in, and their are only five women at the moment, so it does seem quite possible.

Lets see I think nine of members of the team fit that bill. Smasher, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Captain Universe, Falcon, Sunspot, Manifold, Black Widow, and Shang Chi. So three more!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegma said:

@teerack said:

Ha as if I do not know about this.And if you are going to insinuate that I am out of my mind then that already proves the profanity of your knowledge.So what if he was caught by Doom the reason they ever came to save him was because he was friends with Avengers like Luke Cage and Spider-Man.They would have still saved him even if he was not an avenger and a person who thinks that he was saved because he was an avenger is insane and an idiot.You know nothing about the avenger's and what they really are and by the time you respond to this answer.You will already have enough time to look up in the wikipedia for answers.I am done debating with you and if you are going talk to me in that tone again then you should think twice about it.

Um... if you ignore everything past the start of the heroic age you're right lol, but if actually want to be accurate...you wouldn't be...

Also maybe you should check the Wikipedia for the word profanity, because you used it wrong.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@blood1991: I'm not sure when new characters will start being added, but supposedly the 12 women/minorities will be there by the time the team reaches 22 members. It could be quite soon for all I know.

I'm hoping those remaining three places will all be women, so at least a third of the team are female. It's supposed to be that the team represents diversity, and should 'look like the world', so really, half of the team should be women. If it's less than a third, I won't be impressed.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blood1991:

I'm not sure when new characters will start being added, but supposedly the 12 women/minorities will be there by the time the team reaches 22 members. It could be quite soon for all I know.

I'm hoping those remaining three places will all be women, so at least a third of the team are female. It's supposed to be that the team represents diversity, and should 'look like the world', so really, half of the team should be women. If it's less than a third, I won't be impressed.

I'm hoping he introduces a asian or hispanic woman to the team. Firebird could make a return

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@blood1991: She's sort of on the 'No List' though.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@blood1991: It seems it might be hard to guess who'll be on the team. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

JokerCarnage5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 80

I think Beta-Ray Bill should be an Avenger! He is practicly Thors brother and if Warmachine can be an casual memmber.

No Caption Provided

I love that guy! The fate of his rase on his shoulder.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kid Apollo

hate me if you will but one of the things i liked and respected the most about DD was the fact that he'd been asked to join the Avengers before and turned down the invite. As much as i love the Avengers, i think that sometimes it swallows characters and they get lost and overused too easily. look at Wolverine, Luke Cage and Spiderman. in the last decade theyve been used in almost every major arc, and alot of the time they arent in speaking roles. its a quick way to ruin characters

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You know who deserves a spot? ICEMAN!!! Avengers can push him into the spot light, like what Hickman's doing to sunspot and cannonball (integrating more mutants), heck they need a damn telepath too in their team, how bout the return of Nate Grey? back to his old shamany days =(.... Amadeus Cho (he's in savage wolvey?) and Herc would be cool too...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 vance_astro  Moderator

Daredevil fans can't stand Daredevil on a team like this and if you read his books you know why. His type of character just doesn't fit on an Avengers team.

AlForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By AlForeigner

Yeah, I never saw Daredevil as a team player, I always saw him as more of an independent hero. I wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the Avengers team seeing as the Avengers team before (not sure now after Marvel NOW) used to be comprised of numerous amounts of Heros in the MU.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@teerack: I think Jonathan Hickman said that 12 of the 24 characters will be women or minorities

Wow seriously? That sucks and it's bull. How illogical do you need to be to see all those characters as Nextwave characters compared to half the people he already choose -_-

have you read Nextwave?

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@blood1991:

I think seven of the eighteen current members are new recruits, and half of the team of twenty-four will be women or minorities.

Lets see I think nine of members of the team fit that bill. Smasher, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Captain Universe, Falcon, Sunspot, Manifold, Black Widow, and Shang Chi. So three more!

Sunfire, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, and Wasp, from Uncanny Avengers; that's my bet.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@oldnightcrawler: Seems possible. I'd be quite happy to see Scarlet Witch and Wasp on the main team. Wonder Man would be good too. :)

However, I'd maybe prefer people who aren't already on Avengers teams, just for the sake of as many characters as possible getting some time in the spotlight.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: yeah, I'm sort of basing that on conjecture, but if you look at that weird chart of members they've been showing in Avengers, there's still six empty slots, which is the same number of Uncanny Avengers (the only other official team) not already accounted for (since Cap', Thor, and the Wolverine already are)

that's just enough slots for Cap' and Ironman to be taking Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Wonderman, Havoc, Rogue, and Sunfire into their total active Avengers count.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Hmm. That actually makes a lot of sense.

However, That would take the number of women and minorities up to 13, when there's supposed to only be 12. I suppose someone could leave though.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: This is correct because the person who controls his own transformation is Genius Nuclear Physicist.Don't you know that when the Mindless Hulk which is one of his own inner aspects of emotions was seperated he was a mindless beast destroying everything for no reason.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It is useless to explain it to you what is real or not because of your narrow understanding but I am going to make it easier for you to understand.They actually trick the Hulk into fighting innocent people for example the X-Men recently led by cyclops.There was no reason for the avengers to bring the Hulk if they were trying to negotiate as they said they were doing but were not and why do you think they keep him in savage mode why not World War Hulk mode so he can't figure it out.They trick the Hulk in that form because it is easier for them to trick him in to fighting everyone else.Not every other nation living under their own flag are evil that is Americans being brainwashed and being manipulated into fighting.First it was Germany and then China and Now Korea.What I meant in my post on which you replied and thought I was calling him a mindless killer I was not and what I meant was that he was their puppet all the time.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Teerack

@oldnightcrawler: I'm realizing I phrased my post super wrong :P I meant. How can he consider characters like Monica just a second wave character when she was a big part of the avengers for years.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: This ain't incorrect fool but you can say all stupid things you want to say to me and then don't go to a Mod about if you don't like to lose debating.For the record the savage Hulk hence his name is one of the most dangerous transformations he could barely control first being Devil,second being Maestro and third being Guilt Hulk.You have no reason to prove to me and you did not prove that why can't the Hulk and other avengers be SHIELD puppets.Tell me.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler:

Hmm. That actually makes a lot of sense.

However, That would take the number of women and minorities up to 13, when there's supposed to only be 12. I suppose someone could leave though.

Did Hickman actually say 12? or did he just say "at least half", or something equally vague.

Because, the more I think about it, I can't see why the Uncanny squad wouldn't be counted in an overall tally, especially with long time members like Wasp and Scarlet Witch being on it.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@oldnightcrawler:

He's been quite specific about it. Couple of kinda similar quotes:

"One of the first things we all agreed on is that the roster should look more like the world. So far we've seen the biggest and most iconic characters, but as we reach issues #7 and #8, we'll see more new characters and characters we're reviving or recreating. Eventually there will be 24 characters. 12 will be either female or minority characters." - Jonathan Hickman

On the expanded Avengers lineup, Hickman says it was agreed upon that the roster should “look more like the world.” “What people have seen so far are the biggest and most iconic characters that everyone knows or has some familiarity with,” Hickman continues. “As we reach #7 and #8, the book is populated with new or revised versions of established characters.” There will be about 24 characters on the team in total. “By the time we get to 22 characters on the book, 12 are either female or minority, and we feel like we’ve accomplished what we’ve set out to do, which is a book that looks like the world.”

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#48  Edited By knighthood

I'm kinda tired of the Avengers absorbing the entire MarvelU into their little collective. So I like what Hickman is doing by using lesser known character as new addition. Then spotlighting those character on occasion. Since the main Avengers have their own solos it really makes sense.

So I'm going to recommend a lesser know character.

Century
Century

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bo88gdan

Both BRB and Daredevil should be regular members