#1  Edited By omegma

Seriously Why?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Dude. They've all f**ked each other at one point.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Last time I checked they did -.o

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@omegma: They can. lots of them have.

But I do think it's been a while since we've seen the more casual side of the Avengers, which is sort of too bad. I'm kinda hoping we get to see some of that in Uncanny Avengers, since it seems to be the Avengers book that's actually focusing on the relationships within the team (which is really what interests me most about the Avengers, honestly). Maybe Beast could guest star to hook Wonderman up for a blind double date to see if it makes Scarlet Witch jealous. That would be fun, and move the story along.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@oldnightcrawler: Hard to see that given Beast has become overly depressed in recent years after Morrion's run. I doubt he would care about seeing Wonder Man with his primary focus solely on The Old X-men.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: maybe, but he seems to have become more of a background character with the X-men. I'm just saying that, as far as guest stars go, he seems like the most obvious choice for that book.

omegma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@omegma: Go read any given Hawkeye comic.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Huh . . . I thought this was gonna be a joke.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Because they don't have time to talk so they just bang

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Cap10nate

Wanda and Simon were shown out on the town a couple times during Busiek's run.

Clint and Jessica Drew went out in Bendis' run.

They have all been in relationships with other super heroes for the most part. It just isn't shown on panel a lot because it isn't that interesting to waste the limited space of a 20 page book showing two people at dinner on a date.

BOOSTERwing700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -8

the would sit down look at each other than just bum!

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#13  Edited By flazam

@boosterwing700 said:

the would sit down look at each other than just bum!

wow even the HULK!!! LOL :)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda and Simon were shown out on the town a couple times during Busiek's run.

Clint and Jessica Drew went out in Bendis' run.

They have all been in relationships with other super heroes for the most part. It just isn't shown on panel a lot because it isn't that interesting to waste the limited space of a 20 page book showing two people at dinner on a date.

Wasn't Captain Marvel dating the Vision for a while? And I know I've seen Powerman and Jessica Jones go on a (Doom-bot) date.

Anyway, I think it's interesting, or at least it can be. To me, the main draw of the Avengers is seeing how superheroes interact with each other, and doing things besides being superheroes really makes that feel more organic.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Cap10nate

@oldnightcrawler: I think the interactions are interesting as well. I was just generalizing saying that for the most part, the dates wouldn't be a big enough draw for a lot of people. One of the main reasons that I am not enamored with the current Avengers series is the lack of those character moments. I though Busiek mixed the action and the moments quite well. Vision and Carol did date for a little bit. I'm not sure if they actually showed it on panel but they were trying to get together for a couple issues.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I think the interactions are interesting as well. I was just generalizing saying that for the most part, the dates wouldn't be a big enough draw for a lot of people. One of the main reasons that I am not enamored with the current Avengers series is the lack of those character moments. I though Busiek mixed the action and the moments quite well. Vision and Carol did date for a little bit. I'm not sure if they actually showed it on panel but they were trying to get together for a couple issues.

I've actually been thinking of dropping it for that very reason. Not because they don't go on dates, but we've had virtually no character development or interaction at all in what? ten issues? I like the epic feel of the story, but without any character moments, it's not much of an Avengers book.