was the avengers movie really that good?

• 108 results
young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By young_beamer

i personally didn't think the avengers was great, it was average, pretty good at most. it didn't have amazing visuals or action, it was kinda cluttered all together, the characters felt forced onto each other, and the movie feel and theme just felt off to me. the chitari and loki weren't the choice to me . plus read the comic they felt like a team a huge cluster of awesome marvel heroes the avengers, in the movie i saw five individual characters taking care of business.

interaction was awesome and the fact that they were all together in one movie was awesome though and i think thats why it got so much hype. that movie could have been so much better.

ok now think about it the dark knight rises deals with one hero the avengers had 5 shouldnt it have been 5 times as good. but thats not fair tdkr was the best. how bout the amazing spider-man, it wasnt the best and id still rather watch that, more constant sense of direction and better visual fun.

sorry for kinda slandering the movie like that. i bet you could plan better action sequences and better character intros. really, really, think about it! now what are your views, what do you think, was it really that good?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

i personally didn't think the avengers was great, it was average, pretty good at most. it didn't have amazing visuals or action, it was kinda cluttered all together, the characters felt forced onto each other, and the movie feel and theme just felt off to me. the chitari and loki weren't the choice to me . plus read the comic they felt like a team a huge cluster of awesome marvel heroes the avengers, in the movie i saw five individual characters taking care of business.

interaction was awesome and the fact that they were all together in one movie was awesome though and i think thats why it got so much hype. that movie could have been so much better.

ok now think about it the dark knight rises deals with one hero the avengers had 5 shouldnt it have been 5 times as good. but thats not fair tdkr was the best. how bout the amazing spider-man, it wasnt the best and id still rather watch that, more constant sense of direction and better visual fun.

sorry for kinda slandering the movie like that. i bet you could plan better action sequences and better character intros. really, really, think about it! now what are your views, what do you think, was it really that good?

Before I state my thoughts on the film, who are the 5 characters you're referring to?

Part of my thoughts may be proved by your answer, so I'm interested to know.

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: just the main heroes cap, iron man , black widow, hawkeye, and thor

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@young_beamer: So not Hulk?

Oh well. Not the answer I expected, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

I thought the film was good, but I would have preferred it it had actually been a more accurate telling of the origin. Maybe not exactly as it originally happened, but something a little closer would have been good. I'd have preferred Ant-Man and Wasp to be in it instead of Black Widow and Hawkeye.

One of my main problems is that Black Widow was in the film. It's bad enough that there was only one woman on the team, but the fact that she had no powers, or a distinctive costume or weapon bothers me. She came across as someone hanging around with superheroes, rather than a superhero herself. I feel that having an actual female superhero on the team would have been a good thing, as it could have popularised female superheroes with the general public, and made steps towards better representation in comic books. Black Widow has since pretty much become the female face of Marvel, and I feel that this is a bad thing, as next to all the heroes with snazzy costumes and cool powers, she just looks, boring. I think it would be better for a woman with powers and a costume would be a much better female face of Marvel.

Basically my issue is that The Avengers would have been a great way to represent female heroes in a similar way to male heroes, but it just didn't. I could maybe have accepted only one woman on the team if it was Wasp, as they would at least be trying to make it accurate to the original source material, but the fact that they were able to choose a team, and chose one woman with nothing obviously cool about her just annoys me.

All in all, it was a good film, but I would have preferred something else to be the first Avengers film. My complaints are pretty much half comic book fan and half feminist.

By the way, no offense to Black Widow fans. My complaint is with her being the only woman in this film, not with her as a character.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@v_scarlotte_rose: I'm actually not a big fan of the Black Widow being an Avenger, in general (though I do love her as a character) simply because I don't think the idea of a spy being a public member of a high-profile super hero team seems like it would be in anyone's best interests. That said, I think she (as well as Hawkeye) was a good choice for this movie.

Thing is, so much of this story had to be about how and why there are the Avengers in the first place, so anyone that was added to the team who hadn't been previously explained was bound to stand out. Spider-woman or the Wasp might have worked, but it seems like you would have to spend more of the story on explaining who they are, and it would probably be even more so for characters like Captain Marvel or the Scarlet Witch. Black Widow was easy enough to introduce as a supporting character, is pretty self evident, and seems like she should be mysterious anyway.

Actually, maybe they could have used Spider-woman in a similar capacity, and just have her powers be another level of mystery to layer onto her character later in the film. That could have been really cool, too... though I can see how that might make her stand out a bit, and I'm sure a lot of purists would hate the idea of having a more contemporary (in terms of when she joined) member being on the original team.

Now that the concept of the team is established, I'm sure the sequels will make it more of a priority to introduce other classic characters, but they had to start somewhere, and I think that, without having had Ant-man and the Wasp previously established, the characters they used worked quite well for that.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yep. It sure was.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I mean it wasn't no Casablanca, or Roaring Twenties, but yes, it was a good movie for what it was. A movie about a team of super heroes.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I actually meant that I'd rather have seen Ant-Man and Wasp have their own film together before Avengers, rather than just pushing them in unannounced.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: I actually meant that I'd rather have seen Ant-Man and Wasp have their own film together before Avengers, rather than just pushing them in unannounced.

that could have been good too, but honestly I think they did a good job starting with their big four. Ant-man and Wasp would have had to have been as central as them to make it seem worth doing at that stage, and I can see how that could have been unwieldy.

At least we'll probably be seeing both the Pyms and the Maximov's soon enough. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Avengers delivered everything it promised, which was a great pop corn movie. Anyone who went into that movie expecting anything more should have known better. Every single trailer and plot synopsis they put out told you exactly what the movie was going to be and that's what it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was good movie

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By tg1982

#

@young_beamer said:

i personally didn't think the avengers was great, it was average, pretty good at most. it didn't have amazing visuals or action, it was kinda cluttered all together, the characters felt forced onto each other, and the movie feel and theme just felt off to me. the chitari and loki weren't the choice to me . plus read the comic they felt like a team a huge cluster of awesome marvel heroesthe avengers, in the movie i saw five individual characters taking care of business.

The characters felt forced together, because they WERE, basically, forced together. They really didn't know each other (except Hawkeye and Black Widow), they may have knew OF each other, but that's it. They were brought together by SHIELD because of a global threat.

In the final battle there was, IMO, a lot of great team work. Two of my favorites is when Iron Man flies down and blasts Cap's shield ricocheting his repulsors and wiping out some Chitauri, the other is with Thor and Hulk on the flying dragon-snake thing more good teamwork.

I'm not sure what you mean by "5 times better". "Better" is very subjective, what are we using to judge which is/was "better"?

@v_scarlotte_rose said:
One of my main problems is that Black Widow was in the film. It's bad enough that there was only one woman on the team, but the fact that she had no powers, or a distinctive costume or weapon bothers me. She came across as someone hanging around with superheroes, rather than a superhero herself. I feel that having an actual female superhero on the team would have been a good thing, as it could have popularised female superheroes with the general public, and made steps towards better representation in comic books. Black Widow has since pretty much become the female face of Marvel, and I feel that this is a bad thing, as next to all the heroes with snazzy costumes and cool powers, she just looks, boring. I think it would be better for a woman with powers and a costume would be a much better female face of Marvel.

Basically my issue is that The Avengers would have been a great way to represent female heroes in a similar way to male heroes, but it just didn't. I could maybe have accepted only one woman on the team if it was Wasp, as they would at least be trying to make it accurate to the original source material, but the fact that they were able to choose a team, and chose one woman with nothing obviously cool about her just annoys me.

All in all, it was a good film, but I would have preferred something else to be the first Avengers film. My complaints are pretty much half comic book fan and half feminist.

By the way, no offense to Black Widow fans. My complaint is with her being the only woman in this film, not with her as a character.

O

For the most part, I agree with what you're saying. I just kind of disagree with the bold part...

I think they did a good job in showing that she did belong there with them, and not just a hang-around. She was able to trick Loki, which was really cool, I love the last line, "Thank you, for your cooperation." and Loki's face? Was pretty funny too. She "un-brain washed" Hawkeye, and kicked all kinds of butt against the Chitauri, and hijacked a "sky chariot" and closed the portal. For the most part, considering what she did with her lack of powers, I though she was quite impressive.

I do wish they would've had more female heroes, though. I'm actually a big Wasp fan so that would have rocked. And again, I agree with everything else you're saying.

On a side not; I would like to see Captain Marvel in either the 2nd or 3rd Avengers, She's another fav of mine.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I enjoyed it greatly.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought the film was pretty awesome. Sorta boring for the first 45 minutes but more than makes up for it later.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982: Maybe I worded that part a little wrong. She did show some usefulness, and I'm glad she got involved. I just meant how compared to the rest of the team(except maybe Hawkeye), she was so much less obviously superhero-ish, with the very plain costume, no powers, and no distinctive weapons/equipment. It seems like they didn't want her to overshadowing the better known heroes.

I heard somewhere that Joss Whedon had to fight pretty hard to get a woman onto the team at all, and it makes me think that the people in charge allowed Black Widow because she is perhaps a bit less distinctive than a costumed/powered hero. So they did well with what was allowed, but I'm just disappointed that that was all they could do. I'm happy enough with the performance, but it's the fact that she was the only woman there that bothers me.

I'm hoping that Wasp will be in Ant-Man, and that they'll join up in Avengers 3, but I don't know exactly what's going to happen in that film, so I'm unsure. I actually heard a while ago that Scott Lang was going to be the focus, with Hank Pym in flashbacks creating the Pym particles and suit/helmet. I do really like Captain Marvel, so it would be nice to see her involved, but only if done correctly. She's probably my favourite Marvel character, so I'd be quite disappointed if she was done badly.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was pretty good. I will admit that most of the movie's appeal comes from the kick of seeing a unified verse of heroes, and of the Whedonese dialogue. I mean if you take that away, all you're left with is a pretty basic plot with some good character development and moments. I won't go so far as to say that it's a critically-acclaimed masterpiece, but it's certainly enjoyable.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always hate when people try to compare Avengers and TDKR. There two separate animals, one involving super powered heroism, light hearted humor, and action while the other is an uber serious, platitude dialogue, and its desire to make itself as realistic as possible. I loved the Avengers film more for me because I felt I was watching an actual super hero movie that didn't make itself to cheesy and not to overly realistic just a nice blend of both.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: You're actually right. I don't know what some people were expecting, but it was a great movie.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@awesam: Some of the people I've heard complain about it talk like they were expecting Citizen Cain or Shakespeare, and rattle of a diatribe about it, and I just sit back baffled wondering what could have possibly led them to expect high art from a movie primarily about Super powered people punching aliens.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was average at is best it was a good popcorn flick.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982:

Maybe I worded that part a little wrong. She did show some usefulness, and I'm glad she got involved. I just meant how compared to the rest of the team(except maybe Hawkeye), she was so much less obviously superhero-ish, with the very plain costume, no powers, and no distinctive weapons/equipment. It seems like they didn't want her to overshadowing the better known heroes.

I heard somewhere that Joss Whedon had to fight pretty hard to get a woman onto the team at all, and it makes me think that the people in charge allowed Black Widow because she is perhaps a bit less distinctive than a costumed/powered hero. So they did well with what was allowed, but I'm just disappointed that that was all they could do. I'm happy enough with the performance, but it's the fact that she was the only woman there that bothers me.

I'm hoping that Wasp will be in Ant-Man, and that they'll join up in Avengers 3, but I don't know exactly what's going to happen in that film, so I'm unsure. I actually heard a while ago that Scott Lang was going to be the focus, with Hank Pym in flashbacks creating the Pym particles and suit/helmet. I do really like Captain Marvel, so it would be nice to see her involved, but only if done correctly. She's probably my favourite Marvel character, so I'd be quite disappointed if she was done badly.

Oh. I see. Yeah, as far as marketability and being able to expand her brand, then yeah, I agree with you. In that respect she is rather plain. And was kind of invisible otherwise, now that I think about it. And I would have liked some more female heroes in there as well. At least in A2 they will add Scarlet Witch, though, in what capacity , I don't know.

I would love to have Wasp in the Ant-Man movie. Do you remember where you heard about Scott Lang being the focus? Because no disrespect to him, but I'd really only care about the movie if it was Pym, the only other way I'd be interested in it otherwise is if Wasp was in it.

I heard they were/are doing a Captain Marvel movie, phase 3, I think. I think given their track record, we can give them the benefit of the doubt, for now.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Thought the visuals in the fight were great, and I thought that whole last act fight was pretty awesome. Hell, I thought the minibrawls like Hulk vs Thor were pretty well shot as well.

2. That was the point. This was there first interaction, and they were all randomly called upon. None of them had any interaction, except Tony and Natasha. Also Natasha and Hawkeye. They seemed to click for a reason. The others didn't because none of them have ever met before.

3. That wouldn't make the movie bad, but okay.

4. No. Dark Knight Rises primarly deals with one hero. Avengers has to juggle six around, giving each equal screen time and interaction. Personally, I felt Avengers was five times better than The Dark Knight Rises, but it doesn't help I'm not huge on TDK triology anyway.

5. Should list what ya mean by "visual fun". I think the visuals in Avengers were pretty damn good.

Yes, I think it was "really that good".

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I almost had a heart attack from the excitement of watching it so yes... I think it was good

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was ok for what it was.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982: True. I heard that her and Quicksilver are to be the villains, so they'll probably get a good amount of screentime, though I hope they start out as villains, but end up joining the team.

I think for me, Wasp would be a must-have character in a Hank Pym Ant-Man film.

It's hard to tell exactly what the end result will be as I know there have been a few rewrites of the script, and the film has been worked on for quite a while, so it's possible certain things may have changed. Here are some quotes though:

"So which Ant-Man will we see in the movie? Earlier, Wright had hinted that Ant-Man would be both the Hank Pym and the Scott Lang versions, but now he says:It could be Scott Lang, it could be Hank Pym, it could be both - okay it is both, now there's an exclusive for you."

"Scott Lang is due to appear as a supporting character of Henry Pym in a forthcoming Ant-Man film"

"Edgar Wright plans to direct an action film for Marvel Studios with some humorous elements, insisting that Ant-Man will not be a spoof.[12] The script was written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plans to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters"

"The "Shaun of the Dead" and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" director has been talking about taking on Marvel's smallest superhero since at least 2007, promising a live-action film that would blend humor with action and would include two different Ant-Men: Henry Pym and Scott Lang.In the Marvel Comics source material, both characters make use of a special formula and suit that allows them to shrink, as well as a high-tech helmet that facilitates communication with ants and other insects. "Ant-Man" is said to feature flashbacks of the original hero, Pym, as well as scenes of his successor, Lang, in the present day. Now, after years of infrequent updates and stalled production, things are finally looking up for "Ant-Man."

"A film casting website has apparently created a press release that says filming for the Ant-Man movie will begin in January for the November 6, 2015 release date.The press release also says that Hank Pym will be featured, but then goes on to state we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to see if both Pym and/or Scott Lang are featured."

I can hope for the best at least. The other Marvel films have been pretty good so far(haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet though), but I wouldn't necessarily take that as an indicator of the potential quality of a Captain Marvel film. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Iron Man 3 is fantastic. Saw it again yesterday, felt I needed to, in order to reflect on its quality after the dust has settled. The film has gotten unwarranted hate for the whole SPOILERS - mandarin not being the real villain fiasco. Meanwhile people have looked over the fact that Bane wasn't the real villain in TDKR as well. IM3 was a great film. Best conclusion to a trilogy to date. At least in my opinion. Go into the theater realizing the villain situation, and you'll have a blast.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Iron Man 3 is fantastic. Saw it again yesterday, felt I needed to, in order to reflect on its quality after the dust has settled. The film has gotten unwarranted hate for the whole SPOILERS - mandarin not being the real villain fiasco. Meanwhile people have looked over the fact that Bane wasn't the real villain in TDKR as well. IM3 was a great film. Best conclusion to a trilogy to date. At least in my opinion. Go into the theater realizing the villain situation, and you'll have a blast.

Don't make the comparison between Bane and "Mandarin." Bane was a real villain, not some BS actor.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

It was OK for me. I liked it.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By novi_homines

@bogey said:

@novi_homines said:

Don't make the comparison between Bane and "Mandarin." Bane was a real villain, not some BS actor.

Bane was not the real villain. He simply was carrying out Talia's plans. As mandarin was. Only difference is that bane sounds brittish, and is ripped. He was a better decoy though, i'll say that. And actually the mandarin's true accent was brittish as well. Lol the similarities are striking.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Forgive me in advance if you were sarcastic on your comment and I'm just being an idiot for not seeing it... But let's just say you weren't sarcastic. By your logic Darth Vader (carrying out Palpatine's plans) is comparable to fake Mandarin. Bane kicked Batman's *ss. He was ordered to, of course, but I'd love to see Trevor do that. Bane is a real villain whether he was the mastermind or not.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree the Avengers was not at all spectacular. The plot was pretty bad and parts didnt make logical sense and the cast was either bad or half assed acting. People are easily entertained by the action and hype.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Forgive me in advance if you were sarcastic on your comment and I'm just being an idiot for not seeing it... But let's just say you weren't sarcastic. By your logic Darth Vader (carrying out Palpatine's plans) is comparable to fake Mandarin. Bane kicked Batman's *ss. He was ordered to, of course, but I'd love to see Trevor do that. Bane is a real villain whether he was the mastermind or not.

I don't know much about star wars. But regardless, there was clearly a twist on who was pulling the strings in both movies. That's just my personal opinion. You're welcome to disagree.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't perfect but it was still great. I wouldn't put it in the same category as TDK. two completely different movies, there is no comparison to make between those two movies.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Avengers not because the story was great, lets face it the story itself was pretty ordinary, but because there really isnt much of a dull moment. Its action pack, something is always happening, its always fun to see Heroes vs Heroes, Hulk / Thor rivalry was hilarious and cool.

Its a super hero pissing contest for the first half, and a very good and entertaining one so yeah i liked it a lot..

emmbro30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@young_beamer:

So not Hulk?

Oh well. Not the answer I expected, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

I thought the film was good, but I would have preferred it it had actually been a more accurate telling of the origin. Maybe not exactly as it originally happened, but something a little closer would have been good. I'd have preferred Ant-Man and Wasp to be in it instead of Black Widow and Hawkeye.

This was some of my complaints as well. I realize that for a movie, certain things would have to be changed (S.H.E.I.L.D. involvement for example), but I think that they should have at least tried to get the origin close. Wasp and Ant-man/ Giant -Man would have been far more useful against the invading horde than two non-powered heroes.

My other gripe is that waaaaaay back when rumors of these movies first started to emerge, one of the promises that were thrown out was that if the movies were successful, we could look forward to seeing a decrease in the cost of comics. I for one am still waiting for than.

The original stories were great! I have a hard time seeing why there is a need to tamper with perfection. But that is my continuum purist coming out.

For what they used, I think that they did a really good job. I like that one character did not dominate the screen time. I also felt that the scene transitions were very smooth and fluid, and it seemed almost believable.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmbro30: Yeah, they could have had some great scenes with them. I think if they'd been there, Hank in Giant Man mode would have been useful in against the hordes, and Wasp could have helped deal with Loki up close. And to get the origin a little closer, they could have put Hulk in Hawkeyes place as the one being controlled, before eventually snapping out of it.

A price decrease would be nice. They could at least stop putting 'free' digital codes in, adding a $1 to the price.

I think it would have been hard to get a perfect recreation of the origin greenlit, as Captain Americas' involvement would probably have been postponed until Avengers 2, with him being found and thawed being the post-credits sequence at the end of Avengers. I would have been O.K. with that, but as he's a big name character, they must've felt they had to include him in the first film.

But yeah, they did pretty well with what they had.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avengers is the best superhero movie ever made. It's also the most financially successful movie ever made.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

While it was a great movie (quite possibly the best Superhero movie made thus far) it isn't as good as some people make it out to be. As a superhero movie it was great as an overall film it was just above average.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

it's my Favorite

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Avengers is one of my top super-hero movies. I thought it was great. Yes the story may have been nothing ground breaking, but most comic book arcs aren't anyway. It introduced the characters to one another, brought us a great Bruce Banner, and its energy never waivered for a moment. Plus the visuals were really well done. Great movie all around, but it's all opinion.

WALLCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WALLCRAWLER

Yes but just wait to the juste league movie comes out with the person who made the new superman movie

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tg1982

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@tg1982:

True. I heard that her and Quicksilver are to be the villains, so they'll probably get a good amount of screentime, though I hope they start out as villains, but end up joining the team.

I think for me, Wasp would be a must-have character in a Hank Pym Ant-Man film.

It's hard to tell exactly what the end result will be as I know there have been a few rewrites of the script, and the film has been worked on for quite a while, so it's possible certain things may have changed. Here are some quotes though:

"So which Ant-Man will we see in the movie? Earlier, Wright had hinted that Ant-Man would be both the Hank Pym and the Scott Lang versions, but now he says:It could be Scott Lang, it could be Hank Pym, it could be both - okay it is both, now there's an exclusive for you."

"Scott Lang is due to appear as a supporting character of Henry Pym in a forthcoming Ant-Man film"

"Edgar Wright plans to direct an action film for Marvel Studios with some humorous elements, insisting that Ant-Man will not be a spoof.[12] The script was written by Wright and Joe Cornish, who plans to include Henry Pym and Scott Lang as major characters"

"The "Shaun of the Dead" and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" director has been talking about taking on Marvel's smallest superhero since at least 2007, promising a live-action film that would blend humor with action and would include two different Ant-Men: Henry Pym and Scott Lang.In the Marvel Comics source material, both characters make use of a special formula and suit that allows them to shrink, as well as a high-tech helmet that facilitates communication with ants and other insects. "Ant-Man" is said to feature flashbacks of the original hero, Pym, as well as scenes of his successor, Lang, in the present day. Now, after years of infrequent updates and stalled production, things are finally looking up for "Ant-Man."

"A film casting website has apparently created a press release that says filming for the Ant-Man movie will begin in January for the November 6, 2015 release date.The press release also says that Hank Pym will be featured, but then goes on to state we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to see if both Pym and/or Scott Lang are featured."

I can hope for the best at least. The other Marvel films have been pretty good so far(haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet though), but I wouldn't necessarily take that as an indicator of the potential quality of a Captain Marvel film. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I haven't heard about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being bad guys, I thought it was going to be Thanos. But if they are, I hope Wanda and Pietro become good guys by the end of the film so they can be in Avengers 3 (We all know there will be a third).

As for Wasp she is one of my favorite heroes period. Not just one of my favorite female heroes. So she better get some screen time in the Ant-Man movie, and Pym should be the only Ant-Man not go back and forth, that just sounds kind of lame, IMO. But I'd keep an open mind and still watch the movie.

IM3 was good, there is a plot twist you'll either love or hate, but for the most part, it was awesome, IMO. As for Captain Marvel, all I can say is, just have faith. I think they'll do a good job, she's probably the premiere female hero in Marvel right now, so there is some pressure for them to get it right.

And thanks for the quotes, very informative.

@strider92 said:

While it was a great movie (quite possibly the best Superhero movie made thus far) it isn't as good as some people make it out to be. As a superhero movie it was great as an overall film it was just above average.

Blasphemer!!!!!!! A pox on you, I say. A pox on you, sir!!!!!!! ;-)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982 said:

I haven't heard about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being bad guys, I thought it was going to be Thanos. But if they are, I hope Wanda and Pietro become good guys by the end of the film so they can be in Avengers 3 (We all know there will be a third).

As for Wasp she is one of my favorite heroes period. Not just one of my favorite female heroes. So she better get some screen time in the Ant-Man movie, and Pym should be the only Ant-Man not go back and forth, that just sounds kind of lame, IMO. But I'd keep an open mind and still watch the movie.

IM3 was good, there is a plot twist you'll either love or hate, but for the most part, it was awesome, IMO. As for Captain Marvel, all I can say is, just have faith. I think they'll do a good job, she's probably the premiere female hero in Marvel right now, so there is some pressure for them to get it right.

And thanks for the quotes, very informative.

Maybe the media exaggerated it a bit, but I think they will probably switch sides. I'd heard it would be Thanos too, but then I thought I heard he'd be the villain in Guardians Of The Galaxy, and then Avengers 3.

Yeah, I'd rather it just be Hank as Ant-Man. It seems kind of weird that they would even make a film with Scott Lang.

Yeah, premiere female hero, and potentially the first one in her own Marvel Studios film, so there would be some pressure.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, premiere female hero, and potentially the first one in her own Marvel Studios film, so there would be some pressure.

Yeah, if she gets one and it's good, then all the Wonder Woman fans would be jealous. LOL

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@tg1982 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Yeah, if she gets one and it's good, then all the Wonder Woman fans would be jealous. LOL

Storm fans too. From conversations I've seen on here, there seems to be some resentment towards Captain Marvel for having her own series, whilst Storm has never had an ongoing.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lykopis

I really enjoyed the film -- one of the few which had me grinning from beginning to end. All those actors together and not overwhelming each other is incredibly difficult so the casting itself was remarkable.

@v_scarlotte_rose I understand what you are saying about Black Widow -- while I definitely enjoyed how she was presented -- extremely bad@ss and extremely capable, it's worth mentioning how there was only her to represent females and that was very blatant to me, especially since Wasp is one of the creators of the Avengers in the first place. While it's disheartening to know that Whedon had a hard time getting Black Widow into the script in the first place, I am of the mind that because she had a cameo in a previous Iron Movie, her being part of the Avengers was organic, movie universe speaking. If I really had my way, I would have loved to see Sif come hurtling down from Asgard to give some more femaleness into the movie but lol -- that's my fangirlism showing itself. :P

But yes, I would think there needs to be a movie which showcases a female hero in the same power levels as all the big boys. For me, I would say that would be Captain Marvel -- Carol more than deserves it (and that's not knocking any of the other female heroes) so if a movie can be made with her front and centre and in a way that has Thor/Hulk/IronMan level epicness (that means money invested, etc) then an Avenger movie with her would be bloody fantastic!

I do look forward to seeing the Pyms and noise about Scarlet Witch and her brother sounds good so far although presenting them as villains seem more likely considering how behind the studios seem to be in the villain department.

Just my two pence on the subject. :) Great conversation.