Useless Avenger?

ironavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ironavenger

Who do you consider the most useless Avenger?

1. In the movie.
  2. In the current roster from the comics.
ironavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can a moderator please move this to the Avengers forum?Thanks.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#3  Edited By AssertingValor

I don't think any were useless in the movie at all!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can a moderator please move this to the Avengers forum?Thanks.

If you do a "Full Edit" you can change the forum, fyi. Hawkeye is the answer.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There were no useless Avengers in the movie.

In the comics there were A LOT.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@goldenavenger: there are no useless Avengers. The recent massive roster is somewhat misleading but the Avengers are a group of smaller power heroes and one powerhouse to combine to beat a powerhouse villain. Its always been that way. Many people though just think that if you place the seven most powerful people that were ever Avengers (or any other team) you would have the best team. Its hardly the case

ironavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg How about Falcon?He can fly and... talk to birds.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenavenger: Read first arc of Marvel Now Avengers, he was crucial to the mission on mars.

ironavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ironavenger

@maccyd It was just before Thor get free and Captain Universe interfere. Also that was a very specific situation where his ability to talk to animals was useful.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 vance_astro  Moderator

@lordmaverick said:

I don't think any were useless in the movie at all!

Really? Black Widow looked pretty useless to me.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenavenger: Other than that, it's the same as Aquaman's ability to talk to fish, they're the ultimate scouts, there's lots of them and they're everywhere.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow looked good to me.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AssertingValor

@vance_astro: hey now! Don't pick on the only girl on the team lol

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow in the movie and in the comics

Her book is great so far though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vance_astro  Moderator

@lordmaverick said:

@vance_astro: hey now! Don't pick on the only girl on the team lol

I don't want to but she didn't really do anything.

@boschepg said:

@goldenavenger: there are no useless Avengers. The recent massive roster is somewhat misleading but the Avengers are a group of smaller power heroes and one powerhouse to combine to beat a powerhouse villain. Its always been that way. Many people though just think that if you place the seven most powerful people that were ever Avengers (or any other team) you would have the best team. Its hardly the case

Depending on the line-up, some characters do actually become pretty useless. I thought Luke Cage was pretty useless as a New Avenger. He was one of the worst leaders to date, in fact he was so bad he didn't even know he was leading until Clint said something about it. Also, while we're talking about Clint, he was pretty useless as Ronin. What made Hawkeye a vaulable street leveler was always his trick arrows but if you take that away from him he really only provides and extra body. Wolverine, Iron Fist, Cap & Echo provided everything you were going to get from Clint at that point. Then there is Falcon. Falcon is pretty easy to hide on a good roster. You take Janet out of the original line-up and replace her with Falcon, you basically have to reach to now find some usefulness for him. That's why he's kept off of most rosters that aren't huge or he's listed as "reserves" because he doesn't provide much to the team. There's also guys like Triathlon\3D Man, there's Daredevil, Stingray, alot of characters that aren't really useless but when you put them on a team with so many powerful members it's hard to create a scenario where they all provide something to their success.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are no useless members just bad writers. But if I had to pick one Jessica Jones, her power complaining about everything I feel sorry for the X-men having to deal with her soon.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: she stopped the team from being a total sausage fest lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vance_astro  Moderator

@lordmaverick said:

@vance_astro: she stopped the team from being a total sausage fest lol

LOL, interesting point.

There are no useless members just bad writers. But if I had to pick one Jessica Jones, her power complaining about everything I feel sorry for the X-men having to deal with her soon.

This isn't true. You have any idea how had it is to come up with a threat where the most powerful members and the weakest members are all factors in the success of the team? There really isn't much certain characters can do in many instances. Jessica Jones isn't useless she simply wasn't on the team for most of the time she was around, she's trying to raise a child and unlike most superheroes she's actually doing a half decent job of it.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Than a writer should give himself time to write a plausible threat for all members or just use half of the members and the other half for the other. For instance Black Panther, Captain America and Hawkeye went off to take on Hydra while The original members took on the Kree Sentry. I'm referring to EMH. Sorry I still stand by my statement Jones should have just kept herself away from the danger like live with her mother than banger everyone and point the obvious.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Coulson

2. Power Man (the new one)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@tigerkaya said:

@vance_astro: Than a writer should give himself time to write a plausible threat for all members or just use half of the members and the other half for the other. For instance Black Panther, Captain America and Hawkeye went off to take on Hydra while The original members took on the Kree Sentry. I'm referring to EMH. Sorry I still stand by my statement Jones should have just kept herself away from the danger like live with her mother than banger everyone and point the obvious.

It's not about time, it's about the versatility and variety of all of their powers. There are also members who have THE SAME powers which but at varying to degrees making one of them alot more useful than the other.

@tigerkaya said:

Sorry I still stand by my statement Jones should have just kept herself away from the danger like live with her mother than banger everyone and point the obvious.

The flaw in your statement is for most of the time we saw Jessica around the Avengers she wasn't a member. She didn't officially become a "New Avenger" until the Heroic Age.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@mideonnviscera said:

How is he useless?

EDIT: Better yet, how is he more useless than the old Power Man (Cage)?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't think any of them are useless. An extra body is an extra body

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Falcon , the answer is Falcon .

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any of them are useless, but if I have to pick at lease one...it would be Falcon....

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mideonnviscera said:

How is he useless?

EDIT: Better yet, how is he more useless than the old Power Man (Cage)?

I think the real question here is, how is he useful?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@mideonnviscera said:

No, that's not the real question..you're just answering my question with a question.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Constantine

Hawkeye was definitely the most useless in the movie

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MideonNViscera

@mideonnviscera said:

No, that's not the real question..you're just answering my question with a question.

Am I? Am I really?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vance_astro  Moderator

@mideonnviscera said:

@vance_astro said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Am I? Am I really?

Well this became pointless quick...

More useless than Black Widow?

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@constantine said:

More useless than Black Widow?

not saying she was the patron saint of fighting but yeah I think he was a bit more useless, not only did he get turned over to the "darkside" (which presumably any of them could have) but at least she was on the ground fighting with cap and she closed the portal with loki's staff, which was only after erik told her, but I think she contributed more, I mean how many arrows did hawkeye have? Maybe 50?

Who knows perhaps they were as useless as each other :P

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i think its still falcon past or present or future (save for the ult. universe where he actually does stuff)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starfox literally worst Avenger of all time plus his powers make him a rapist

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vance_astro  Moderator

@constantine said:

not saying she was the patron saint of fighting but yeah I think he was a bit more useless, not only did he get turned over to the "darkside" (which presumably any of them could have) but at least she was on the ground fighting with cap and she closed the portal with loki's staff, which was only after erik told her, but I think she contributed more, I mean how many arrows did hawkeye have? Maybe 50?

Technically he was useful to Loki. He did drop the Helicarrier with 1 arrow, but yes I would agree Hawkeye & Black Widow were both pretty useless in the film.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@constantine said:

Technically he was useful to Loki. He did drop the Helicarrier with 1 arrow, but yes I would agree Hawkeye & Black Widow were both pretty useless in the film.

Ha yes he was, but I think in the context of useful avenger I don't think useful Loki henchman will cut it haha Though that is pretty impressive, or maybe a major design flaw. Hopefully they will do better in the next films! :)

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lordhuck

Hawkeye and Black Widow are always pretty useless in the respect that they are LESS USEFUL than many alternatives like Miss/Captain Marvel, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, US Agent, Agent Venom, Hyperion, She-Hulk, Hercules, Ares, Black Panther, and many others.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

In the movie Hawkeye was almost pointless for me.He served me no entertaining or any purpose to be part of the movie or the roster.

As in the comic books it has always been Falcon.He never seemed as a good hero to say first and he never seemed as a good addition to the team.He is one of the most pointless characters I've ever seen and I don't know why he gets used so frequently.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya said:

It's not about time, it's about the versatility and variety of all of their powers. There are also members who have THE SAME powers which but at varying to degrees making one of them alot more useful than the other.

@tigerkaya said:

Sorry I still stand by my statement Jones should have just kept herself away from the danger like live with her mother than banger everyone and point the obvious.

The flaw in your statement is for most of the time we saw Jessica around the Avengers she wasn't a member. She didn't officially become a "New Avenger" until the Heroic Age.

Than I guess will have to agree to disagree than.

As to useless member, Wolverine and Widow. The Avengers already have members willing to get their hands dirty if necessary so in other words they are redundant. Wolverine is better served in the X-men being their anti hero and Widow is better off working at SHIELD sticking to spy related business only.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hawkeye had no purpose in the movie but has purpose in the comics and for all the people who are saying Falcon, just wait until the Winter Soldier comes out.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Who do you consider the most useless Avenger?

1. In the movie. = black widow. i never found her important.
  2. In the current roster from the comics = wasp she could easily be replaced.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@tdk_1997 said:

In the movie Hawkeye was almost pointless for me.He served me no entertaining or any purpose to be part of the movie or the roster.

As in the comic books it has always been Falcon.He never seemed as a good hero to say first and he never seemed as a good addition to the team.He is one of the most pointless characters I've ever seen and I don't know why he gets used so frequently.

probably for diversity.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By PunyParker
  1. Hawkeye
  2. Well,Spider-Man i guess....(Octapus) ....he practically doesn't do anything,and he's on probation....so only negatives.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hawkeye is the most useless movie Avenger.

There have been many, many useless Avengers members in the comics. Falcon, D-Man, Jocasta, etc.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will go with Hawkeye and Falcon. Those are the most useless characters in the Avengers movie, but on comic they look the best. I liked Hawkeye when he was joining the Thunderbolts as a leader. He should leave Avengers and become the leader of the Thunderbolts once again. That would be AWESOME.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Lets be honest here, if you have Hulk and Thor the rest of the heroes may as well be doing crowd control.