The Avengers was overrated.

• 150 results
Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This is so true!! The only reason people like it, is because of the visual effects and the idea of having a superhero team up movie...

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcadian: The movie is probably not even going to be called that... And the movie will much more likely be good.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I actually thought The Avengers was the Best Superhero Team movie ever made. First time I had seen so many quality Superheroes on Screen and it worked together very well. Plus the post credit scene was so epic that alone lifts the film up as well.

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcadian: I meant, that the movie will most likely be better than the Avengers. It's predecessor was already much better than Avengers, so now that I have seen how good the director is, I believe his next movie will be good too.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember who said it, but it is true: a lot of people give out their opinion as if it was the objective truth... this is weird.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@arcadian: I meant, that the movie will most likely be better than the Avengers. It's predecessor was already much better than Avengers, so now that I have seen how good the director is, I believe his next movie will be good too.

In what way do you mean better?

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: In pretty much every way; acting, soundtrack, story, characters, action...

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcadian: I think it's kinda sad if your opinions on movies are based on how much money they make... Let's be real here, tell me what's so great about The Avengers, other than the action and the concept of having a superhero team up movie. The dialog is bad, but it's cool so listen to it BECAUSE IRON MAN IS TALKING TO CAPTAIN AMERICA!! I don't hate the movie, it's good, but only because of the action. But Man Of Steel is a masterpiece...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@cameron83: In pretty much every way; acting, soundtrack, story, characters, action...

Oh,so opinion-wise. Okay.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I disagree, prefered it a hell of a lot more than dark knight rises.

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcadian: You still haven't answered what's so great about The Avengers... Man Of Steel is one of the most original comic book movies I've ever seen. It's so much different from the classic Superman, and the 52 Superman. The action was not "over-the-top", it's kryptonians bashing the shit out of each other, what did you expect, a pillow fight? Superman has always been kind of an "action based" character, he doesn't have much villains he needs to deal with psychologically, instead, it usually ends up with a throw down. Avengers is nowhere near being a "masterpiece", I like the movie because it doesn't try to be anything more than it is, it's just cool stuff happening on the screen and it's very entertaining to watch.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@matteopg said:

I don't remember who said it, but it is true: a lot of people give out their opinion as if it was the objective truth... this is weird.

you just described 85% of the internet.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any of the "Marvel Cinematic movies" are that great. They are all kind of shallow and just seem like advertisements for the next movie or merchandise or whatever money is to be made. Now, I am aware that the purpose of everything ever is essentially to make money but at least movies like Spider-Man or the X-Men films have clever performances or memorable scenes.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@emequious_swerve: and the avengers doesnt have clever performances or memorable scenes? did you have your eyes closed or something?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man of Steel wasn't better than Avengers. Action? Yes, but nothing else...........

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: and the avengers doesnt have clever performances or memorable scenes? did you have your eyes closed or something?

No. Just because I didn't enjoy it in the same capacity as you doesn't mean there was anything wrong with me. What memorable scenes does Avengers have?? Other than fighting sequences. The part where Samuel L Jackson yells??

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

you just described 85% of the internet.

Lol, quite true.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#124  Edited By fodigg

@tdsotmflta94 said:

Seriously. The movie lacked character development and story and was horribly toyetic with the CGI and special effects.

Disagree. It was an ensemble film, so the arc was more about the characters coming together as a team than growing as individuals, and we still saw that personal growth with some characters (Tony & Cap).

As for "toyetic", I don't think the CGI was that bad compared to other blockbusters. We've come a long way from Episode I in terms of CGI.

My main gripes with the Avengers film remain:

• The Coulson arc was clearly, IMO, intended to end with him revealed as alive at the end but they changed their minds, which I think was a mistake.
  • I'm tired of films where nuclear weapons save the day. (Looking at you too Pacific Rim. A pro-nukes Kaiju film? Fo' real?)
  • Hawkeye deserved more time outside of mind control.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Chibi_cute

@arcadian said:

@chibi_cute said:

The avengers was clearly made for kids.. they made the chitauri soldiers worse than stormtroopers when it comes to competence.. And i didn't even feel lbki was a threat at all in the film it.. he got owned easily the hulk like a sissy boy..

What's wrong with kids as an audience again? Oh wait nothing. As usual there's the immature haters on The Avengers who see children as an irrelevant/unworthy group to see superhero movies yet that was the general idea back in the day.

Seriously, what happened to this generation? Only 40 and up are considered worthy of watching superhero movies?

There is nothing wrong with kid audiences you clearly missed my point.. My point is they could have at least made it a little bit darker just a bit or a bit realistic.But it seems like its so watered down so that generation of kids today can comprehend In avengers i didn't even saw a single one civilian getting shot or getting killed there is no emotional weight on the destruction on new york.Clearly avengers is overrated but just because i was criticizing the film doesn't make me a hater, and i dont hate avengers i just made my point. Being a hater is different

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel milked the concept of superhero movies.. almost 80% of marvel superhero movies are clearly lacking of quality and considered crap by most people, movies like daredevil,blade trinity,thor,iron man 2,iron man 3 etc made me think it was made for only one thing cash.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Thats funny. Though a terrible outfit. Planning to take on some thugs at the Disco? Maybe to the overated Avengers movie?

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's impact was its importance,though as a movie it's very lacking on a lot of departments.

Thunderer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdsotmflta94: Your gripes could easily be applied to MoS, a movie I felt was a heaping pile of sh!t and the rest, save for AMS, aren't too far behind, but opinions are just opinions.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdsotmflta94: congratulations you get the reward for officially being one year to late so no one gives a flying rags hairy backside about this topic.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By spider11211

Avengers was good

photo 200-2.gif

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark: Thats funny. Though a terrible outfit. Planning to take on some thugs at the Disco? Maybe to the overated Avengers movie?

Well I'm certainly not dressed in my Sunday best to go watch something subpar and redundant like...(oh, here's a random one)...the Amazing Spider-Man.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Recent comic book movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Wolverine were far better movies than The Avengers.

LOL NOPE

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdsotmflta94 said:

Recent comic book movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Wolverine were far better movies than The Avengers.

LOL NOPE

Agreed, they were not better

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@risingbean said:

Well I'm certainly not dressed in my Sunday best to go watch something subpar and redundant like...(oh, here's a random one)...the Amazing Spider-Man.

Ouch. Low blow. Low,low blow. I will be crying myself to sleep tonight.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By kidchipotle

Thank you for your irrelevant opinion. :-)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark said:

@risingbean said:

Ouch. Low blow. Low,low blow. I will be crying myself to sleep tonight.

Nyehehehe.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why would they need character development? each of them already had their solo movies.

do you not know how much work was put into the avengers? no you do not.

you may think its overrated because you fail to understand the whole meaning of the marvel movie universe which lead to the avengers. Plus the avengers movie didn't end with a conclusion, its suppose to keep going on with a continuum.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Joss Whedon,tbh.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is either overrated or underrated depending on one's perspective/extremism.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is either overrated or underrated depending on one's perspective/extremism.

Well said

photo 216795-59116-iron-fist_super.jpg

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Tyrus

My God Man of Steel is overrated.

I'm tired of playing cool so imma let it out.

I get it, DC fanboys pissed that DC and Warner Bros can't even get a Justice League movie going - hold on, a WONDER WOMAN or GREEN LANTERN movie going so they take it out on Marvel's clear and overwhelming success.

Heck, fanboys are butthurt that Avengers is still being talked about to this day while Man of Steel has been completely forgotten about by the general audience yet it was released just a few months ago :P

I'm just saying, if a Justice League movie was released and made the same success as Avengers, DC fanboys wouldn't argue that the film is overrated; they'd call it a natural success which is exactly what The Avengers is.

Get over it.

TDSOTMFLTA94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By TDSOTMFLTA94

@tyrus said:

I get it, DC fanboys pissed that DC and Warner Bros can't even get a Justice League movie going - hold on, a WONDER WOMAN or GREEN LANTERN movie going so they take it out on Marvel's clear and overwhelming success.

Heck, fanboys are butthurt that Avengers is still being talked about to this day while Man of Steel has been completely forgotten about by the general audience yet it was released just a few months ago :P

I'm just saying, if a Justice League movie was released and made the same success as Avengers, DC fanboys wouldn't argue that the film is overrated; they'd call it a natural success which is exactly what The Avengers is.

Get over it.

Typical Marvel fanboy response. Can't give a response to any thread without bringing up or bashing DC, Nolan, or Batman.

And for the record, I'm not a DC or Marvel fanboy. I love both companies and enjoy reading comics from both DC and Marvel.

I'm not biased to one or the other. But I am also not blind to the fact The Avengers and recent Marvel movies weren't all that, nor are they god's gift to cinema like some of you Marvel apologists like to think about the Marvel Studios films.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

Get over it.

Typical Marvel fanboy response. Can give respond to any thread without bringing up or bashing DC.

Lol it's the exact same with DC fanboys (basically you).

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was great, why the need to deny it?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this threads going nowhere, lets just end with DC fans hate Marvel movies and Marvel fans hate DC movies excluding of course the Batman Nolan films for they are universally loved.

Me I liked the Nolan Batman films as a good grounded movie but found them lacking in the superhero theme.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought Avengers was awesome.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No it was really good

Totally, best super hero movie I've ever seen in my opinion. The Avengers movie got me into comics! I went into the avengers movie thinking comic books and super heroes were pretty lame and for nerds, this movie totally changed my mind!

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#149  Edited By chem86
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@chem86: Ya Dark Knight was the best to me but Avengers is second.

And niw that you are one of us you will see were the dominate race and we gwt all the girls Lol ;)