The Avengers was overrated.

• 150 results
TDSOTMFLTA94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously. The movie lacked character development and story and was horribly toyetic with the CGI and special effects.

Recent comic book movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Wolverine were far better movies than The Avengers.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cameron83

@tdsotmflta94 said:

Seriously. The movie lacked character development and story and was horribly toyetic with the CGI and special effects.

Recent comic book movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Wolverine were far better movies than The Avengers.

=opinion

I mean,I agree that it wasn't the Holy Movie Of All Movies,but it was really good imo.

And I didn't really like The Wolverine

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By turel_hash_ak_gik

it's your opinnion. i strongly disagree with it. that is all i shall say on this thread.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. It was a nice attempt, though it lost its enjoyment after the first viewing.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I completely agree.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Although I agree, all movies are subjective and therefore opinionated.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yet, another thread about people complaining about the Avengers..........

Its been over a year and a half and people are still complaining? Geez, find something new.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And in my opinion,the Dark Knight Rises was awful. Not only that,but again,all of that is your opinion. Nothing more.

I mean,this is my opinion as well (as stated),but all of what you say is just opinion and someone can argue with points opposing your top points.

The main character development comes from their individual movies (which most characters received),it's ridiculous to think that you can have a team movie with a great plot while also juggling screen time,character interactions,character development,etc...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cameron83

Its been over a year and a half and people are still complaining? Geez, find something new.

Oh yeah,I knew I forgot something.

This has been done at least 5 times.

I remember during that year where there were like 5 different threads regarding this with the exact same premise.

Looks like it's not just Avengers Assemble that's milking what it can from the movies lol

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was that bad, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Opinions are like the anus. Everybody has one

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Oh yeah,I knew I forgot something.

This has been done at least 5 times.

I remember during that year where there were like 5 different threads regarding this with the exact same premise.

Looks like it's not just Avengers Assemble that's milking what it can from the movies lol

Lol

Only 5? Wow, I thought their would more or at least threads that got derailed complaining about the movie again.

I just don't why people need to keep rehashing this after a yeah and a half!?!?! Move on, start complaining about Thor 2 because thats coming out soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

The only other time I've seen the word toyetic used was in a Thunderbolts comic. So...points for that, I suppose?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but generally the first movie in a franchise, one that focuses on a team especially, usually focuses on establishing characters, not developing them. And Man of Steel was not a better movie.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@norrinboltagonprime21: #7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (2215 posts) - 13 minutes, 10 seconds ago - Show Bio

Thank you sir.

It's probably the same person.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALSO,another thing,I wouldn't say that movies like TDKR or The Wolverine were really developing in terms of character.

The Avengers was a team movie. Those movies rotated around (and thus were much easier to manage) one single character.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Veshark

Amazing Spider-Man and Wolverine were both coma-inducing snorefests, really (though at least Wolverine had Tao Okamoto and Hugh Jackman to fall back on).

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are we bringing up TDKR? lol.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just another guy trying to be cool by talking about how much something everyone loves sucks. Make threads about what you like, and keep quiet about things you just want to complain about. It makes comic book fans seem negative.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: #7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (2215 posts) - 13 minutes, 10 seconds ago - Show Bio

Thank you sir.

It's probably the same person.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Avengers was never really meant to be a stand alone film. It was meant to be an epic conclusion to Marvel's previous films that built up to that. You can't really judge it by itself, because if it weren't for the movies before it the Avengers would have been a massive flop.

_Maven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Maven_

I know this is an opinion, and this is mine alone, but the major hate on Avengers derives from the fact that it was very much successful worldwide and... There are still some butthurt fanboys who can't accept it.

Come at me, I guess (it's the truth) :/

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No it was really good

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers was never really meant to be a stand alone film. It was meant to be an epic conclusion to Marvel's previous films that built up to that. You can't really judge it by itself, because if it weren't for the movies before it the Avengers would have been a massive flop.

Also this

@_maven_ said:

I know this is an opinion, and this is mine alone, but the major hate on Avengers derives from the fact that it was very much successful worldwide and... There are still some butthurt fanboys who can't accept it.

From many people,yes.

I'm not generalizing. I'm not saying only (blank) fans in particular,and I am not saying all (blank) fans in particular.

But many people that are DC fans (many,not all of course) just hate the movie due to blind fanboyism. They feel that if they blindly hate another company they see as the enemy,that their own company (that they prefer) is better or superior.

Other people (no matter what they are fans of) just hate the movie for other reasons.

Not saying it for the OP,though.

divad4686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I would add Man of steel to the snorefest category. The fights where really good, but the rest of the movie was boring.

TDSOTMFLTA94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TDSOTMFLTA94

@_maven_ said:

Not to burst your bubble, but most of the hate comes from people that over the age of 12 and aren't easily impressed by such a generic movie with little plot.

Most of my friends, did not care for The Avengers, infact everyone I knew preferred TDKR. Some people just loved The Avengers because they are blind to Marvel.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_maven_ said:

Not to burst your bubble, but most of the hate comes from people that over the age of 12 and aren't easily impressed by such a generic movie with little plot.

Most of my friends, did not care for The Avengers, infact everyone I knew preferred TDKR. Some people just loved The Avengers because they are blind to Marvel.

Lol that's odd,that's the exact same reason that some people hated the Avengers. Because they were blind to DC.

And that's the exact same reason some people see TDKR and MOS as perfect.

Using "people that you know" is really ridiculous. I know tons of people that liked the Avengers and completely forgot about TDKR or just didn't see it in favor of the former. But so what?

And besides,that top part is just your opinion and you derailing the movie and even insulting people. Apparently,anyone who likes the movie is (at most) 12 and are easily impressed by a generic movie. I can say the exact same thing about TDKR. In fact,that movie had tons of hate and many videos with multiple reasons as to why they greatly disliked the movie.

But whatever.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By HumanRocket

Your about a year late to give a reviwe on the movie and if your just watching the movie shame on u.

turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdsotmflta94: so you're saying the avengers was for 12 year olds but man of steel was better than avengers?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_maven_ said:

Or they simply like the movie more because that's their opinion.

Seriously, did you even think people have different opinions than your own? Or are you that much of an elitist to not even acknowledge another opinion that you don't agree with? People have different opinions, get used to it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel fans make me laugh at times.

turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: the dark knight rises was brought up. because it's the rival of the avengers and people cant get over the fact it wasnt better than avengers. just a quickly put together, conveluted rehash of the previous movies, full of plot holes and uncharacteristic batman reprezentation. 'you can rest when gotham's in ashes'

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turel_hash_ak_gik: No. You people just assume that if we hated Avengers, that we're automatically fans of the Dark Knight series. That is why you bring up how bad TDKR was. Too defensive about your precious film.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why they gave all the other characters there own movies, so they wouldn't need to spend an hour on character development.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blackdog2009

It's true. And the Scooby Doe ending as they take away the bad guy was terrible. I still haven't seen The Wolverine, but I heard it's better than the first one.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_maven_ said:

People dislike it because they expect too much. The Avengers was great and there's no one who could have made it better.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Dark Knight is overrated :D

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 90mv
No Caption Provided

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cameron83

@monsterstomp said:

Marvel fans make me laugh at times.

Why do they make you laugh?

You do know that there is a vast number of DC fans that do the same thing.

Every time I discuss a feat that Batman does (technologically) that may seem a bit absurd,someone brings in Iron Man.

Every time I discuss a feat with Superman that seems a bit inconsistent,someone brings in Hyperion or Thor.

Every time I discuss a Batman feat (physical) that may seem out of his barriers,people bring in Captain America.

Every time I say how much (even though it's my opinion),that I didn't like TDKR,someone automatically criticizes the Avengers (with them assuming automatically that I liked the movie).

Come on,dude. It's not so one-sided where it's "only DC fans do this" or "only Marvel fans do that".

Go around on a few respect threads and you see that tons of DC fans do it,too. Not just one group of fans. Fanboys are fanboys.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Nolan films only had one good movie out of the trilogy but I don't go around making useless points and arguments about it

90mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 90mv

@kgb725 said:

The Nolan films only had one good movie out of the trilogy but I don't go around making useless points and arguments about it

Whoah whoah whoah only one ? Let's not get crazy here

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MonsterStomp

@cameron83: Mate don't take things out of context here and try to flip the switch. Why was TDKR even brought up in an Avengers rant? Like I said to the other person, its because you're too defensive about your precious Avengers and assume everyone against the film is automatically a fan of TDK series. You're just proving my point with that response too.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

overrated? in what world do you live in

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@monsterstomp: telling someone not to flip the switch yet egging them on with snide phrases like "your precious movie" (twice now). Yeah, you're not contributing to the problem at all.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You do realize that were 5 other movies for "character development". That's the stupidest point made about a film that obviously wasn't going for that. The movie was supposed to be a climax to plots started waaaay back in Iron Man 1 did exactly that. Stop hating just to troll. You didn't like the movie; fine! Enough people loved it enough for it to cross the $1 billion threshold.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: Ha ha. You don't understand either do you..