• 155 results
#1 Posted by TDSOTMFLTA94 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously. The movie lacked character development and story and was horribly toyetic with the CGI and special effects.

Recent comic book movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Wolverine were far better movies than The Avengers.

#2 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdsotmflta94 said:

Seriously. The movie lacked character development and story and was horribly toyetic with the CGI and special effects.

Recent comic book movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Wolverine were far better movies than The Avengers.

=opinion

I mean,I agree that it wasn't the Holy Movie Of All Movies,but it was really good imo.

And I didn't really like The Wolverine

#3 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

it's your opinnion. i strongly disagree with it. that is all i shall say on this thread.

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. It was a nice attempt, though it lost its enjoyment after the first viewing.

#5 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree.

#6 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18750 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I agree, all movies are subjective and therefore opinionated.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet, another thread about people complaining about the Avengers..........

Its been over a year and a half and people are still complaining? Geez, find something new.

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

And in my opinion,the Dark Knight Rises was awful. Not only that,but again,all of that is your opinion. Nothing more.

I mean,this is my opinion as well (as stated),but all of what you say is just opinion and someone can argue with points opposing your top points.

The main character development comes from their individual movies (which most characters received),it's ridiculous to think that you can have a team movie with a great plot while also juggling screen time,character interactions,character development,etc...

#9 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been over a year and a half and people are still complaining? Geez, find something new.

Oh yeah,I knew I forgot something.

This has been done at least 5 times.

I remember during that year where there were like 5 different threads regarding this with the exact same premise.

Looks like it's not just Avengers Assemble that's milking what it can from the movies lol

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

It was that bad, lol.

#11 Posted by Perethorn (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Opinions are like the anus. Everybody has one

#12 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Oh yeah,I knew I forgot something.

This has been done at least 5 times.

I remember during that year where there were like 5 different threads regarding this with the exact same premise.

Looks like it's not just Avengers Assemble that's milking what it can from the movies lol

Lol

Only 5? Wow, I thought their would more or at least threads that got derailed complaining about the movie again.

I just don't why people need to keep rehashing this after a yeah and a half!?!?! Move on, start complaining about Thor 2 because thats coming out soon.

#13 Edited by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

The only other time I've seen the word toyetic used was in a Thunderbolts comic. So...points for that, I suppose?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but generally the first movie in a franchise, one that focuses on a team especially, usually focuses on establishing characters, not developing them. And Man of Steel was not a better movie.

#14 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: #7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (2215 posts) - 13 minutes, 10 seconds ago - Show Bio

Thank you sir.

It's probably the same person.

#15 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

ALSO,another thing,I wouldn't say that movies like TDKR or The Wolverine were really developing in terms of character.

The Avengers was a team movie. Those movies rotated around (and thus were much easier to manage) one single character.

#16 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man and Wolverine were both coma-inducing snorefests, really (though at least Wolverine had Tao Okamoto and Hugh Jackman to fall back on).

#17 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are we bringing up TDKR? lol.

#18 Posted by Dabee (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Just another guy trying to be cool by talking about how much something everyone loves sucks. Make threads about what you like, and keep quiet about things you just want to complain about. It makes comic book fans seem negative.

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: #7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (2215 posts) - 13 minutes, 10 seconds ago - Show Bio

Thank you sir.

It's probably the same person.

#20 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers was never really meant to be a stand alone film. It was meant to be an epic conclusion to Marvel's previous films that built up to that. You can't really judge it by itself, because if it weren't for the movies before it the Avengers would have been a massive flop.

#21 Edited by _Maven_ (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is an opinion, and this is mine alone, but the major hate on Avengers derives from the fact that it was very much successful worldwide and... There are still some butthurt fanboys who can't accept it.

Come at me, I guess (it's the truth) :/

#22 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6287 posts) - - Show Bio

No it was really good

#23 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers was never really meant to be a stand alone film. It was meant to be an epic conclusion to Marvel's previous films that built up to that. You can't really judge it by itself, because if it weren't for the movies before it the Avengers would have been a massive flop.

Also this

@_maven_ said:

I know this is an opinion, and this is mine alone, but the major hate on Avengers derives from the fact that it was very much successful worldwide and... There are still some butthurt fanboys who can't accept it.

From many people,yes.

I'm not generalizing. I'm not saying only (blank) fans in particular,and I am not saying all (blank) fans in particular.

But many people that are DC fans (many,not all of course) just hate the movie due to blind fanboyism. They feel that if they blindly hate another company they see as the enemy,that their own company (that they prefer) is better or superior.

Other people (no matter what they are fans of) just hate the movie for other reasons.

Not saying it for the OP,though.

#24 Posted by divad4686 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I would add Man of steel to the snorefest category. The fights where really good, but the rest of the movie was boring.

#25 Edited by TDSOTMFLTA94 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@_maven_ said:

Not to burst your bubble, but most of the hate comes from people that over the age of 12 and aren't easily impressed by such a generic movie with little plot.

Most of my friends, did not care for The Avengers, infact everyone I knew preferred TDKR. Some people just loved The Avengers because they are blind to Marvel.

#26 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@_maven_ said:

Not to burst your bubble, but most of the hate comes from people that over the age of 12 and aren't easily impressed by such a generic movie with little plot.

Most of my friends, did not care for The Avengers, infact everyone I knew preferred TDKR. Some people just loved The Avengers because they are blind to Marvel.

Lol that's odd,that's the exact same reason that some people hated the Avengers. Because they were blind to DC.

And that's the exact same reason some people see TDKR and MOS as perfect.

Using "people that you know" is really ridiculous. I know tons of people that liked the Avengers and completely forgot about TDKR or just didn't see it in favor of the former. But so what?

And besides,that top part is just your opinion and you derailing the movie and even insulting people. Apparently,anyone who likes the movie is (at most) 12 and are easily impressed by a generic movie. I can say the exact same thing about TDKR. In fact,that movie had tons of hate and many videos with multiple reasons as to why they greatly disliked the movie.

But whatever.

#27 Edited by HumanRocket (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Your about a year late to give a reviwe on the movie and if your just watching the movie shame on u.

#28 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdsotmflta94: so you're saying the avengers was for 12 year olds but man of steel was better than avengers?

#29 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

@_maven_ said:

Or they simply like the movie more because that's their opinion.

Seriously, did you even think people have different opinions than your own? Or are you that much of an elitist to not even acknowledge another opinion that you don't agree with? People have different opinions, get used to it.

#30 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel fans make me laugh at times.

#31 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: the dark knight rises was brought up. because it's the rival of the avengers and people cant get over the fact it wasnt better than avengers. just a quickly put together, conveluted rehash of the previous movies, full of plot holes and uncharacteristic batman reprezentation. 'you can rest when gotham's in ashes'

#34 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

@turel_hash_ak_gik: No. You people just assume that if we hated Avengers, that we're automatically fans of the Dark Knight series. That is why you bring up how bad TDKR was. Too defensive about your precious film.

#35 Posted by acer51 (2253 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why they gave all the other characters there own movies, so they wouldn't need to spend an hour on character development.

#36 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1873 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true. And the Scooby Doe ending as they take away the bad guy was terrible. I still haven't seen The Wolverine, but I heard it's better than the first one.

#37 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio
@_maven_ said:

People dislike it because they expect too much. The Avengers was great and there's no one who could have made it better.

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (45039 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight is overrated :D

#41 Edited by 90mv (105 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Marvel fans make me laugh at times.

Why do they make you laugh?

You do know that there is a vast number of DC fans that do the same thing.

Every time I discuss a feat that Batman does (technologically) that may seem a bit absurd,someone brings in Iron Man.

Every time I discuss a feat with Superman that seems a bit inconsistent,someone brings in Hyperion or Thor.

Every time I discuss a Batman feat (physical) that may seem out of his barriers,people bring in Captain America.

Every time I say how much (even though it's my opinion),that I didn't like TDKR,someone automatically criticizes the Avengers (with them assuming automatically that I liked the movie).

Come on,dude. It's not so one-sided where it's "only DC fans do this" or "only Marvel fans do that".

Go around on a few respect threads and you see that tons of DC fans do it,too. Not just one group of fans. Fanboys are fanboys.

#43 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

The Nolan films only had one good movie out of the trilogy but I don't go around making useless points and arguments about it

#45 Edited by 90mv (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

The Nolan films only had one good movie out of the trilogy but I don't go around making useless points and arguments about it

Whoah whoah whoah only one ? Let's not get crazy here

#46 Edited by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Mate don't take things out of context here and try to flip the switch. Why was TDKR even brought up in an Avengers rant? Like I said to the other person, its because you're too defensive about your precious Avengers and assume everyone against the film is automatically a fan of TDK series. You're just proving my point with that response too.

#47 Posted by Spideysense44 (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

overrated? in what world do you live in

#48 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: telling someone not to flip the switch yet egging them on with snide phrases like "your precious movie" (twice now). Yeah, you're not contributing to the problem at all.

#49 Posted by Night Thrasher (3702 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realize that were 5 other movies for "character development". That's the stupidest point made about a film that obviously wasn't going for that. The movie was supposed to be a climax to plots started waaaay back in Iron Man 1 did exactly that. Stop hating just to troll. You didn't like the movie; fine! Enough people loved it enough for it to cross the $1 billion threshold.

#50 Posted by MonsterStomp (19852 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Ha ha. You don't understand either do you..