The Avengers 3: Who should be the Bad Guy?...

• 63 results
EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the Avengers we saw Loki cause havoc throughout New York, and I think its pretty obvious that Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet will cause Earths Mightiest Heros even more problems. I was thinking, The Avengers 3 is a possibility and if it ever comes to light, who would you want to cause the Avengers more pain and loss?.......

P.S. I think it should be none other than Kang The Conqueror!!!

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What worries me just a bit, is how do you go up from Thanos? Normally, you want to increase the stakes each time, but Thanos is kind of Marvel's top villain. Ultron would be pretty sick, though.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

What worries me just a bit, is how do you go up from Thanos? Normally, you want to increase the stakes each time, but Thanos is kind of Marvel's top villain. Ultron would be pretty sick, though.

Have a minor villain like Task Master unintentionally setup the main antagonists. Which would be the Skrull invasion with a Skrull/Kree War work up that would involve Gaurdians of the Galaxy. That sounds pretty epic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I think in Avengers 3 it would be appropriate to finally have Ultron.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

If Ant-Man happens before Avengers 3, it could be Ultron. Like, they could show Hank creating him, and he could escape, and come back for Avengers 3.

And Ultron brings Vision along as a villain, but he defects, and then we have Vision on the team. :)

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that makes a good villain is the dynamic that he brings to the table. Think about it, Batman doesn't fight his whole gallery of evil-doers the same way. He needs different tactics to win. You're right when you say that Thanos is one of the biggest and baddest villains in the Marvel Universe, and honestly, I would've saved him til the 3rd and final film. But all of that can be saved if the Avengers are forced to combat a new force that none of them have ever faced before. None other than Kang the Time-Traveling Conqueror can bring a brand new dynamic to the table. I feel that you have to fight Thanos with brute force, and a similar approach would be taken to beat Ultron whereas Kang forces Earths mightiest Heros to think outside the box. Dont get me wrong though, Ultron would be pretty crazy, but I think Kang would be better.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ultron.

Or a cooler version of Kang

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlackReaper

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

If Ant-Man happens before Avengers 3, it could be Ultron. Like, they could show Hank creating him, and he could escape, and come back for Avengers 3.

I was thinking that he was building Ultron before the Avengers movie. Ultimately, he could not finish Ultron because it's too dangerous. Then after the resolution, when we've all forgotten about Ultron, something happens and he gets activated. Then again, we're not 100% sure Thanos will be the main antagonist of Avengers 2 or that they'll actually defeat him.

Avatar image for darknightgotham
darknightgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should seriously be Ultron. He's the top choice in my mind. I mean, they are introducing Ant-Man (which is highly probable to be Hank Pym version) which is an opening to Ultron, and it bring the conflict back to earth after all the cosmic stuff that is apparent to be happening in Phase 2 soon.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My pick would be The Masters of Evil. given that each member would be tailored to take out its members. But instead of Zemo leading, Kang leads the team.

timymengle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's not ultron or kang I think it be pretty sweet to see something like kree/skull invasion or some kind of story ark played out.

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

With out a doubt it will be ULTRON

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kang the conquerer

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is Thanos will be nerfed as hell in the 2nd movie along with the Gauntlet.

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I wanted Civil War to happen.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Thanos would be a great one, knowing that DC/Warner Bros is making Darkseid the main villain of the first Justice League movie coming out next year.

Ultron would also be a good one that would test the capabilities and potential of Iron Man, as well as their technologically advanced suits.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This.

Yup, but if there was a F4 movie were Galactus was the main villain the Avengers should be in it.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they totally make him pathetic, I don't see how the current team will make it to Avengers 3 after having to fight Thanos.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@kyzuko said:

Man, I wanted Civil War to happen.

I'd love to see Civil War, but that really could be a trilogy in itself, and frankly, without the rights to Spiderman, the Fantastic 4, or the Wolverine, I think they'd have a really hard time doing the story justice.

As for future villains for the current (planned) series, Kang the Conqueror would definitely be my number one pick, but Ultron would certainly be pretty bad-ass too. A Skrull invasion would be cool, but you might have to set it up in a prior film before trying to fit the whole invasion into one film. Plus I think they might count as FF villains, legally.

But other than Loki, Thanos, Ultron, Kang, and the Masters of Evil, who do the Avengers even have as a rogue's gallery worthy of the whole team? The Grim Reaper?

Osborn's a Spiderman character, so that cuts him (and a bunch of the Masters of Evil) out, which makes the prospect of a Dark Avengers story that much less interesting. There are lot's of villains who are interesting in the comics, where you don't need an epic threat to have an interesting story (Zemo, Red Skull, Taskmaster, MODOK, AIM, Hydra, Arnim Zola, Madam Masque, Grim Reaper, Klaw, the Wrecking crew, etc) -and I have no doubt that many of these villains will make it into the Marvel solo movies- but there aren't very many that pose enough of a threat to the whole team to be the main antagonist of a big-budget action film of this magnitude.

So it would pretty much have to be Kang, Ultron, or the Masters of Evil, and given that they will probably have only faced two threats by the time the 3rd movie comes out, I'd put my money on Ultron.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tigerkaya

I'm thankful theirs no Civil War, I never liked any of the current Heroes vs Heroes story lines it requires the pre-existing personalties to change to fit the stories plan.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't really go up from Thanos. Maybe something more insidious, not so much focused on direct confrontation. But that's what we want to see, superpowers smashing things. Someone with an army?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Avengers isn't like the Nolan Batman so why go for the idiot plot in making everyone suddenly hateful each other just o do a pointless hero vs hero storyline their always 90% of the time horribly told with someone either bing jobbed or written to extremes of evil.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ultron is so obvious.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would love for it to be Ultron, Kang, or Masters of Evil.

I think Ultron Unlimited and Under Siege would translate well to theaters.

Kang Dynasty is the ultimate Kang story . . . but it would be hard to make that into a movie. He might be hard to incorporate because if he invades with a fodder army, it would be quite similar to Avengers with Loki's Chitauri army. Also, if he pulls them into the time stream, it would be look like an alternate timeline like the Days of Future Past movie that is being made now.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Ultron or kang

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DH69

Ultron or kang

this, personally i wouldve like it if they held off on thanos until the 3rd, and one of these guys was in 2

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Skrulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Ultron or Kang or Baron zemos masters of evils

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#31  Edited By FlashKnight

I want Galactus. He is the only guy who could seem more threatening than Thanos to general audiences IMO. That said I wouldn't mind Ultron either, and I bet it's going to be him since Ant-Man is confirmed for Phase 3.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

Kang is the only logical one. Ultron is cool, but I just don't think would work as the main villain for an Avengers movie, especially after we've had Loki and will have Thanos (who are much bigger threats).

After Kang, the only thing I can think of is doing an adaption of the Kree/Skrull War.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this one will be hard without Scarlet Witch but another I want to add to the table is Cthon or when thy buy the right to Conan Kulan Gath

MSzekeresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stilt Man

No Caption Provided

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stilt Man

I'd rather see him in Daredevil.

MSzekeresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MSzekeresh

@tigerkaya:

Avengers 3 should be the ultimate culmination of all Marvel's heroes/brands. The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy team up with Daredevil and give him an honorary membership in both teams to confront the greatest evil... Wilbur Day aka Stiltman.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tigerkaya
ONIT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading Joss Whedon's latest comment it looks like Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 3 as long as Avengers 3 is the big finale of the Avengers-Thanos-plot. He basically said there will be no Thanos till the big finale. Before that only villains working for Thanos.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ultron or Thanos would be nice; having the fact the new Justice League movie will showcase Darkseid as their respected villain.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ssejllenrad

CIVIL WAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Thanos. I think he should have some kind of role in The Avengers 2, but save him for the 3rd. They need some kind of challenge before being even remotely close to facing him, anyway.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Id like to see Ultron in another Avengers movie or maybe Kang,or even a Masters of Evil type group.

@k4tzm4n said:

Thanos. I think he should have some kind of role in The Avengers 2, but save him for the 3rd. They need some kind of challenge before being even remotely close to facing him, anyway.

So are you saying to put another villain in part 2 like Ultron?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well Id like to see Ultron in another Avengers movie or maybe Kang,or even a Masters of Evil type group.

@k4tzm4n said:

I don't think that would work since Avengers 2 comes out before Ant-Man.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah true. And Thanos is going to be in the second one.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

And he should be. I'm just saying it would be cool to save the big showdown for the third. I wouldn't mind if he was the big bad in the second or anything, but hyping him up would be neat.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By M3th

What if on Avengers 2 Ultron beats Thanos. At the time he is "good" and follows orders to defend. Plus uses some unique weapon.

That would explain how Ultron is more BADA$$ than Thanos.

Also Lang is another good option. Even if he is ugly.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

And he should be. I'm just saying it would be cool to save the big showdown for the third. I wouldn't mind if he was the big bad in the second or anything, but hyping him up would be neat.

Yeah I suppose it would.Ultron could actually be in the third,especially because they are doing an Ant Man Movie.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You know what would be cool is if deadpool or punisher made a short cameo but I think it could be Apocalypse or taskmaster