#1 Edited by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Thanos would be an awesome antagonist for the Avengers but isn't he more of a Guadians of the Galaxy villain? I'm not very familiar with the Guardians of the Galaxy (I usually stick to comics closer to home) but aren't Thanos' connections closer to the Guardians. After researching this I found out that Drax's purpose is to destroy Thanos and that Gamora is Thanos' daughter. What are your opinions guys?

#2 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

I think GotG will revolve heavily around Thanos. The origins (Drax and Gamora) are there. Thanos could be in both movies. Maybe GotG fail (perhaps lose a member) and retreat. Then the Avengers and GotG team up. That might be too many characters in one movie, though.

BTW, I'm really hoping that member that may die isn't Groot. I think it will be either him or Drax.

#3 Posted by xxxddd (3569 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by TheGodofThunder (579 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: Thanos is the entire universes enemy and has never really been specific to any one group. His greatest last appearance was in GotG.

#5 Edited by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallen_crippled said:

I think GotG will revolve heavily around Thanos. The origins (Drax and Gamora) are there. Thanos could be in both movies. Maybe GotG fail (perhaps lose a member) and retreat. Then the Avengers and GotG team up. That might be too many characters in one movie, though.

BTW, I'm really hoping that member that may die isn't Groot. I think it will be either him or Drax.

If they joined together, it would become a childrens movie.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14451 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he will be a pretty good villain in the movie.

#7 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Thanos in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, then as a villian in the second Avengers movie, starring both the Avengers and the GOTG. But the budget on that kind of movie would be insane.

#8 Posted by Verotikryptonite (270 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Thanos will be the premiere protagonist in A2. I don't know if anyone's brought up the Dark Avengers or not, but that would make for a great trilogy. Thor vs Sentry and the Hulk fighting the God of War would make for an epic cinematic visual .

#9 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

no i wouldve prefered Kang, or Ultron before he showed up, but this is the direction they've decided to take and im alright with it.

#10 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

While i would have preferred The Masters Of Evil in the second movie meanwhile Thano's would show up as either the shadowy benefactor to the Masters than show up face to face with Avengers telling them "Next time" similar to what Darksied said to Superman when he omega beamed Kalabak in the Superman animated series. That way he'll be built up as an even bigger threat for when Avengers 3 comes to play.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18210 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit disappointed with GOTG line up, i was really hoping for Adam Warlock , being a huge fan and all. And i really enjoyed Warlock vs Thanos rivalry as well as friendship.

But its ultimate Thanos in the movie, so thats a bit manageable than 616 version, hopefully the movie wont make Thanos look bad at the end.

#12 Posted by RBT (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

He's one of the most powerful character of Marvel universe. So, why not?

#13 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too late... Marvel already announced (sort of) that Thanos will be the next villain for A2. I think it would be better if studio make him be the mastermind behind the threat of A3..like Thanos intentionally attack Earth, just to piss off the Hulk, makes the Hulk lose control. Which suit his character as a very very smart villain

#14 Edited by ONIT (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is the main villain of the first Avengers trilogy (Avengers 1, Avengers 2 and Avengers 3). Yet, till Avengers 3 the Avengers will only fight people working for Thanos. At least that's what Joss Whedon said in his latest interview yesterday.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24474 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically Thanos was originally an Iron Man villain

#16 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Much like Sabertooth's first appearance was in Iron Fist.

#17 Edited by joshmightbe (24474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya: Just saying he has just as much history as an Avengers villain as he does with GOTG, technically more considering that many of his most hated foes were on an Avengers roster before GOTG was even a thing that existed.

#18 Posted by INFINITE_DOOM (265 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping we get to see Thanos throwing Thor and Hulk around in some badass action scenes.

#19 Edited by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon said he's saving Thanos for Avengers 3.

#20 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to hear Thanos is being saved for 3. Very exciting.

@joshmightbe: While he did fight the Avengers and Cpatain Marvel early in his career Thanos true enemies was mainly Adam Warlock. He knew Thanos far better than anyone even better than Marvel. He knew how to hurt Thanos not but fist but just by breaking him down psychologically to the point of humbling him.

#21 Posted by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be more agreeable considering that on the DC side of things, the new 'Justice League' movie will be showcasing Darkseid, as their villain.

#23 Edited by THORSON (2304 posts) - - Show Bio

yes.

#24 Posted by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope it's Ultron, lol.

#25 Posted by Cutter (700 posts) - - Show Bio

yes...he should...