Quickersilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

This hasn't been confirmed, but I was under the impression they couldn't be due to legal rights with Fox. According to IGN, this might not be the case:

"Yes, they originated in the X-Men comics, which is generally 20th Century Fox's purview, but it appears there's more to it than that for the brother/sister duo, who went on to become Avengers in the comics. Instead, Feige reveals both 20th Century Fox and Marvel have legal access to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in their respective films, due to the unique nature of the characters. That's right, Marvel could put them in an Avengers movie, while Fox could also separately put them in an X-Men movie if they so chose to."

Which X-Men Characters Could Be in Avengers 2?

Seems pretty interesting to me that we could have the brother/sister duo in the next Avengers movie. Thoughts?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Wow, QuickERsilver...lol

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

@Nobody: Fox still owns both unfortunetly....

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I think they both got sold to Fox along with the X-Men. I know a few years ago there was talk of the kid who played Draco Malfoy being Quicksilver in a Magneto solo movie which was eventually scraped.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Blood1991: @Moonchilde: You might want to check the first post ;)

Feige reveals both 20th Century Fox and Marvel have legal access to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in their respective films, due to the unique nature of the characters. That's right, Marvel could put them in an Avengers movie, while Fox could also separately put them in an X-Men movie if they so chose to."

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@k4tzm4n: Really? I heard otherwise elsewhere, but even so adding mutants would probably make things messy for non comic readers. I would like to see them on the big screen non the less

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

The question I have is: Would they be mutants? Or would they be altered just to work in the movies? Cause if they have to be changed, then it's not worth it.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By htb106

I think this is pretty unlikely.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Avengers 1 isn't even out yet....

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Martian

I'm curious how the legal rights are actually applied to characters who are on multiple teams. What about a character like Beast? Would he be able to be in the Avengers movies as well? Does it effect only characters who had been on the Avengers prior to the movie rights being sold? If not, the Avengers could have access to characters like Spider-Man or Wolverine then.

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@Nobody said:

I'm curious how the legal rights are actually applied to characters who are on multiple teams. What about a character like Beast? Would he be able to be in the Avengers movies as well? Does it effect only characters who had been on the Avengers prior to the movie rights being sold? If not, the Avengers could have access to characters like Spider-Man or Wolverine then.

I'm not sure,but I believe the contract is very deep.It goes something like All X-related,or mutant related merchandise goes to Fox ,and being that both Wanda & Pietro started off in the X-universe,and are still mutants,despite being Avengers most of their superhero careers,they are still most likely owned by Fox. They have a list out there somewhere saying that Fox has a hundred and something list of mutants to pull form for their X-men series...hence is why we got random characters like Angel Salvador and Azazel in First Class.  

Honestly  if using creative differences were the only thing keeping this barrier for a great crossover continuity ,like Hugh Jackman showing up alongside Downey Jr or what not,then they could altered alot of mutants origins and just maybe could have stated  they were meta-humans or not mention their background at all,or not use the word mutant. I think they'd have to change Pietro and Wanda origins and then completely cut off  ties with who their father is. Either that or they run the risk of getting sued big time,and Marvel Studios doesn't need that; ya being that they are a fairly new studio and Fox is this big movie tycoon guru. 

They could always get active and fight for their stuff back,but i doubt they wouldn't come out with out having to fork up some major cash,and well with that being said.... NOT worth it.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian

@Iamlovewithin500: Well he did stay that weird shared rights to characters (like Wanda and Pietro) are few and far between. Another one he mention is that Marvel shares the rights with the Skrulls. I'm assuming Skrulls also go with the Fantastic Four(Fox I believe). I doubt they would have to change their backstory if they have the rights to their characters.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@Nobody said:

@Iamlovewithin500: Well he did stay that weird shared rights to characters (like Wanda and Pietro) are few and far between. Another one he mention is that Marvel shares the rights with the Skrulls. I'm assuming Skrulls also go with the Fantastic Four(Fox I believe). I doubt they would have to change their backstory if they have the rights to their characters.

Well remember a couple months back before they revealed who and what the enemies  were for the Avengers movie,everyone expected a Skrull Invasion like storyline or the Kree empire,and  come to find out they created something  new for the movie,instead of pulling notorious villains out of the comics (not counting Loki

So yeah.I'm a firm believer that in most contracts there's always a loop hole.. somewhere in that fine print...lol
moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moywar700

if they metion the word "mutant" or "our dad is magneto", then wouldn't that mean the x-men takes place in the same universe as the avengers?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Martian

@Iamlovewithin500: They didn't create anything new for the movie. Those aliens are from the Ultimates.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@moywar700 said:

if they metion the word "mutant" or "our dad is magneto", then wouldn't that mean the x-men takes place in the same universe as the avengers?

Yes,which is why i'm shaky on the results of that...lol 

FOX is very sue happy. 

@The_Martian said:

@Iamlovewithin500: They didn't create anything new for the movie. Those aliens are from the Ultimates.

Really? 

Source, links???? 

They looked like something from the Asgard mixed with another alien race.
Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@The_Martian said:

Really? Source, links???? They looked like something from the Asgard mixed with another alien race.

People spoiled it over Twitter after the Premiere in LA. It's the Chitauri. Makes sense given they combined things from both 616 and Ultimate, Loki was the first enemy of the 616 Avengers, and the Chitauri were the first enemy of the Ultimates.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#18  Edited By TheCannon

Can't happen. Fox owns the rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Dumbseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dumbseid

I'm pretty sure the Witch can be there

She appears in a number of non-Fox properties, the SuperHeroSquad tv show and game, Avengers:UnitedTheyStand aka the really bad Avengers cartoon Marvel made in the 90s and she showed up in the Marvel vs Capcom game.

Super Hero Squad
Super Hero Squad
Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Marvel doesn't go through with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in any possible Avengers sequels - Like mentioned before, they'll probably alter the characters to make them fit into the cinematic universe - An example is; They won't be mutants, received their powers by some "Energy wave" (please, give me a break, FF all over again), they won't be able to include their father Magneto, because FOX owns them completely, not only that, but they won't include mutants at all I guess...

Avatar image for boogiesteven007
boogiesteven007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i understand could characters like wasp, vision, wonderman, antman, scarlet witch, but why is quicksilver in this movie isnt a xmen movie

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

i understand could characters like wasp, vision, wonderman, antman, scarlet witch, but why is quicksilver in this movie isnt a xmen movie

Quicksilver was one of the earliest members of the Avengers. He joined at the same time as Scarlet Witch.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch probably won't be in the Avengers 2. Now Pietro and Wanda Maximoff? Much more likely?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@boogiesteven007: Quicksilver has much more history with the Avengers than the X-Men and if we're using first appearances as an argument for who should have the film rights then Wolverine has to be in a Hulk movie since he was technically a Hulk villain in his first appearance.

boogiesteven007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By boogiesteven007

i could understand that but i never saw quicksilver in avengers past 20yrs in cartoons and comics

boogiesteven007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk isnt a villain hes a hero and wolverine should able tell that by smelling him with his mutant blood

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boogiesteven007: Quicksilver was a member of the Avengers during dissembled, he joined in the 60s and has been on most incarnations of the team right up until House of M, when they finally admitted he was too big of a douche to be trusted.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boogiesteven007: You can't smell evil. Also Wolverine was technically the bad guy when he first appeared in a Hulk comic, well kind of, its complicated but Hulk and Wendigo were fighting and Wolverine interfered and got the crap kicked out of him for his trouble.

boogiesteven007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but wolverine can smell if you are good or evil

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

but wolverine can smell if you are good or evil

I know it sounds crazy, but there's years worth of X-men comics to back this up; like Santa Claus, Wolverine can indeed smell evil. Or at least smell whether or not he should trust someone.

As for QS and the SW, I don't remember any of the other characters in Avengers explaining how or why they had powers, so I don't see why they would need to. If it comes up, they can just say that they've had them since they were children and leave it at that; that's not hard. And besides, people will believe anything about twins.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NO! They should not be in the avengers 2 if Ant-Man and Wasp aren't in it first. It's still a shame that 2 of the original members of the avengers were not in Avengers 1

boogiesteven007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

steve rogers aka captain America was give superhero due science experiment was explained in captain America 1st avenger movie, thor is god of thunder and son of odin was explained in thor movie, Bruce banner due science experiment searching human strength with inside himself but it went wrong and his body was embodied with radiation when gets Bruce angry he becomes the hulk was explained in every hulk movie and TV series. Tony stark created a powerful ironman suit while held hostage with help by other scientist by this gang-lord but in comics it was the mandarin was gang-lord but in 1st ironman movie held hostage by gang-lord Raza and technically hawkeye and black widow were shield agents. according to comics ironman, captain America and thor a found the avengers with the help of hulk and spiderman but in movie formed by ironman and shield but in comics Sheild and Avengers are arrivals. but in the movie they are not is that strange

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

steve rogers aka captain America was give superhero due science experiment was explained in captain America 1st avenger movie, thor is god of thunder and son of odin was explained in thor movie, Bruce banner due science experiment searching human strength with inside himself but it went wrong and his body was embodied with radiation when gets Bruce angry he becomes the hulk was explained in every hulk movie and TV series. Tony stark created a powerful ironman suit while held hostage with help by other scientist by this gang-lord

yeah, I'm just saying, we get those explanations from other movies. The Avengers, the movie, doesn't explain any of those origins; it's like, if you know them, cool, if you don't, it doesn't matter. Likewise, Marvel wouldn't have to explain QS and the SW's origins in Avengers 2; people might know it from Fox's upcoming movie, or the cartoons, or the comics, but it doesn't have to be important to the story they want to tell in Avengers 2.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

steve rogers aka captain America was give superhero due science experiment was explained in captain America 1st avenger movie, thor is god of thunder and son of odin was explained in thor movie, Bruce banner due science experiment searching human strength with inside himself but it went wrong and his body was embodied with radiation when gets Bruce angry he becomes the hulk was explained in every hulk movie and TV series. Tony stark created a powerful ironman suit while held hostage with help by other scientist by this gang-lord but in comics it was the mandarin was gang-lord but in 1st ironman movie held hostage by gang-lord Raza and technically hawkeye and black widow were shield agents. according to comics ironman, captain America and thor a found the avengers with the help of hulk and spiderman but in movie formed by ironman and shield but in comics Sheild and Avengers are arrivals. but in the movie they are not is that strange

This is incorrect. The Avengers were founded by Wasp, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. Captain America joined shortly after, and Spider-Man joined waaay after.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

I take it you haven't been around comics for long. This is not even close to how it happened. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hank Pym and The Wasp are the founding members of The Avengers in 1964. In the second issue The Hulk left and only rejoined during short periods until recently where he joined "for good". Captain America joined the team in issue 4, giving him a founding status. Spider-Man joined in the beginning of the 90's as a reserve. In January 2005 Spider-Man joined New Avengers and have been an Avenger since. People who say Wolverine and Spider-Man should be in the movie are not real Avengers-fans. I'm not saying you are saying that, but some do.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: I always remember because I started reading X-men in '92, and '93 was the shared 30th anniversary of both them and the Avengers, which seemed like a big deal at the time. I can hardly believe that was 20 years ago..

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd much rather see quicksilver and the scarlet witch in x men days of future past

TvPopCulture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TvPopCulture
TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what if they both decide to use SW and QS they should use the same actors and make Avengers vs X-Men as a film