#1 Posted by green_skaar (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

How are you enjoying it so far?

#1 was good but #2 got me super excited! Can't wait for #3

#2 Posted by Saren (25058 posts) - - Show Bio

#2's ending made me laugh. Perhaps not on its own, but also because I'd been reading a battle thread earlier today where a user was claiming that Shuma-Gorath was an omega-tier threat capable of beating Eternity with his eyes closed, and then a few hours later Marvel's promising an epic showdown between Shuma and.......Blue Marvel.

#3 Edited by green_skaar (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I wonder if they are either downgrading SG or upgrading BM? Who knows BM might get punked hard. I have a feeling only Dr. Strange will be able to resolve this situation.

#4 Posted by Saren (25058 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Shuma is the kind of character whose power receives more lip service than it does demonstration, but even so, he should wipe the floor with that entire team based on what he is supposed to be. Hell, his minions should.

#5 Edited by green_skaar (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

Time will tell. I was still really surprised and definitely looking forward to #3. The only reason I picked up Mighty Avengers in the first place was for Blue Marvel, so I'll be happy to see him regardless.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't read issue 2 but #1 was pretty good.I actually liked what I bought.

#7 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no idea who Shuma even was until this issue. He is far more powerful than Thanos, according to folks over on the CBR forums. I recommend checking out the Mighty Avengers forums their. More people will converse about the book and characters, if this thread doesn't gain more traction.

Anyways, I liked issue 1, but thought issue 2 wall a little lackluster. No as strong as the first issue and the pacing was off (to me). All in all though, so far it's ok. Waiting to the Infinity stuff is over to see what the overall theme and/or threat will be.

#8 Edited by Z3RO180 (6706 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: isn't Shuma that tentical monster from the MVC games ?

#9 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

How are you enjoying it so far?

#1 was good but #2 got me super excited! Can't wait for #3

that's pretty much how I'm feeling about it. Issue one was serviceable as a set up, but pretty much everything about issue two was great; especially that great crowd scene, and the return of Blue Marvel. I just read his series not long ago, so I've been really pumped about seeing him come back. Already this team is developing a really fun group dynamic, and I'm really curious to see how he'll fit into that.

I've never been much of a fan of Land's art, and these first two issues are no exception. But it's more that I'm just not interested by it, than that it's distractingly bad. I don't really think he's as bad as people say, I just don't really dig his style. I can deal with it if the story's decent, and so far I'm pretty into this one.

I guess my biggest criticism would be that the issues feel a little light, like the first two issues could have been just one issue.But with great characters/characterization and a fun story/group dynamic, I still think it's got excellent momentum.

#10 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it so far. I'm looking forward to seeing them out on bigger adventures after this coming together arc. :)

#11 Posted by Spideysense44 (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

Im really liking this book happy they brought White Tiger back into comics

#12 Edited by Setherial (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...I really hope Shuma-Gorath doesn't get the nerf bat.

#13 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Shuma is the kind of character whose power receives more lip service than it does demonstration, but even so, he should wipe the floor with that entire team based on what he is supposed to be. Hell, his minions should.

Shuma might end up looking better than we think - or at least he may be spared from being nerfed, which Marvel's current staff seems to love doing to classic Marvel characters. When Strange summoned Shuma-Gorath upon Ebony Maw's instructions we see him pull out the Wings of Needless Sorrow. That's what enabled Strange to absorb the infinite power of Arioch and also helped him in his fight against Shuma-Gorath back in the 80s. Strange even used it to absorb power from and defeat Dormammu when Dormy took control of Strange's body.