Keep your X-men out of my Avengers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good to see unanimous answer in segregating the Avengers and X-men away from each other. If only the X-men could be removed entirely from the Marvel comics in their own line, I bet the fans would't know the difference.

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought of Beast as more of an Avenger than an X-man. I know he is a founding member of the X-men, but I still do.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By magnetic_eye

just wanted to bump.

Good to see Havoc off the team what a degenerate X-men he turned out to be. Now if only Uncanny Avengers was cancelled.

How so, written badly or character derailment? He was always one of my favorite X-Men back in the day when when I was actually buying a couple of X-Men books.

I agree keeping the bulk of X-Men & Avengers in their own separate titles. It's what differentiates the books with it's own unique identity, tone and style.

Do the X-Men have some kind of a charter?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@tigerkaya said:

just wanted to bump.

Good to see Havoc off the team what a degenerate X-men he turned out to be. Now if only Uncanny Avengers was cancelled.

How so, written badly or character derailment? He was always one of my favorite X-Men back in the day when when I was actually buying a couple of X-Men books.

he doesn't know, he didn't even read Uncanny Avengers. He's just spouting off.

Havok actually turned out to be an epic Avenger.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@magnetic_eye said:

@tigerkaya said:

just wanted to bump.

I agree with you. In fact, you were the one who managed to get me to turn off my bias and give the series another shot. Havok was every inch an Avenger.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: cool :v

yeah, I hadn't really cared much for Havok in years when I started reading UA, but it actually turned me around on him.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all of them.

X-Men should never shame themselves by joining the avengers.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye said:

@tigerkaya said:

just wanted to bump.

Or you know I just read off the various spoilers from sites and scan sites. Still annoyed about me stance on Avengers and X-men segregation I see.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By tigerkaya

@ms-lola: Well this a surprise I thought X-fans were solitary figures that preferred purely X-men titles and rejected Avengers related titles like a plague.

Hulk340: Beast is the worst frankly he's an X-men problem and a traitor let the X-men take him back.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Well this a surprise I thought X-fans were solitary figures that preferred purely X-men titles and rejected Avengers related titles like a plague.

Hulk340: Beast is the worst frankly he's an X-men problem and a traitor let the X-men take him back.

I didn't get this notification (CV is glitching again).

Well, that's the thing. While I wouldn't say I always stuck with X-Men titles, I never was into Avengers the way I am now. Who figured branching out and enjoying more comics could be such fun? (:P)

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@tigerkaya said:

Well, that's the thing. While I wouldn't say I always stuck with X-Men titles, I never was into Avengers the way I am now. Who figured branching out and enjoying more comics could be such fun? (:P)

Well given how X-fans like @hirev_starmanseem to troll these threads or the usual Avengers bashing threads on the X-boards you can understand why I am skeptical to believe an X-fan can branch off much less to an Avengers title.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@tigerkaya said:

Well given how X-fans like @hirev_starmanseem to troll these threads or the usual Avengers bashing threads on the X-boards you can understand why I am skeptical to believe an X-fan can branch off much less to an Avengers title.

I dunno, I spend a fair amount of time on the X-boards and I really don't see much if any "Avenger bashing"..

but as for an X-men fan also being an Avenger fan? I'd be surprised if there aren't more people who are fans of both than there are fans of just one or the other. I got into X-men first, but I've been reading X-men and Avengers for at least 20 years. I mean, they really have more in common with each other than either of them has with anything else.

Still annoyed about me stance on Avengers and X-men segregation I see.

More annoyed that you present it as though it's the only option and that there's no room for both.

I would read an X-men or Avengers book that was set in it's own continuity; that's what the movies and stuff do, and I like most of those. I just can't think of one single good reason to also eliminate stories that take place in a shared universe since that's kind of the coolest thing about a shared universe.

If the Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes, and X-men are among the heroes of that Earth, I see no reason not to have X-men characters join from time to time. Sometimes it ends up being really cool.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By tigerkaya

@oldnightcrawler: The X-men are the team that pretentiously handle the social commentary territory in Marvel some are good "God loves Man kills" some are horrendous "Chuck Austen".

In truth the X-men would serve their message far better away from the Marvel U. like their movie counterparts in FOX much like the MCU flourishes without them dragging them down.

Trying to convince you otherwise with my stance shouldn't be this difficult to accept.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: The X-men are the team that pretentiously handle the social commentary territory in Marvel some are good "God loves Man kills" some are horrendous "Chuck Austen".

In truth the X-men would serve their message far better away from the Marvel U. like their movie counterparts in FOX much like the MCU flourishes without them dragging them down.

But in the MU, the two don't drag each other down. Yeah, there are stories they share that aren't good, but there's stories for both individually that also aren't good.

More importantly, there are stories they share that are good. (whether you believe it or not, there are many fans of both who do).

More more importantly, you put a bunch of arbitrary limitations on the stories of both for no discernible benefit.

If you wanted them each in their own universe, I do think they're both interesting enough to do that -most stories don't matter that they're in the same universe anyway. But that still doesn't mean you have to get rid of the shared world too.

I mean, if there's going to be two worlds anyway (and there are already more than that), why not have 3?

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By hirev_starman
@ms-lola said:

@tigerkaya said:

Im not a X-Men troll im just not that big of a fan having some member be a part of the Avengers. A team who should have more characters who usually have their own standalone pathways and stroylines. Its not just X-Men.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By tigerkaya

@oldnightcrawler said:

@tigerkaya said:

But in the MU, the two don't drag each other down. Yeah, there are stories they share that aren't good, but there's stories for both individually that also aren't good.

More importantly, there are stories they share that are good. (whether you believe it or not, there are many fans of both who do).

More more importantly, you put a bunch of arbitrary limitations on the stories of both for no discernible benefit.

If you wanted them each in their own universe, I do think they're both interesting enough to do that -most stories don't matter that they're in the same universe anyway. But that still doesn't mean you have to get rid of the shared world too.

I mean, if there's going to be two worlds anyway (and there are already more than that), why not have 3?

The Marvel U. can function without the X-men given how segregated they have became over time in the early 2000. In truth Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man and and many more are linked far better with each other than the X-men. The X-men are like the black sheep of the family their part of the family but the hold no connection no familiarity with the Marvel U. Hell their pitiful social commentary has no real point when you have the other super powered heroes running around being adored sure Spider-Man has had his hate but not the extreme like the X-men face.

You ask any X-fan purist and they would tell you right off the bat they would rather see the X-men in their own separate world away from the Marvel U. Telling their social commentary without forcing the readers to acknowledge the existence of superhumans.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Marvel U. can function without the X-men given how segregated they have became over time in the early 2000. In truth Avengers, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man and and many more are linked far better with each other than the X-men. The X-men are like the black sheep of the family their part of the family but the hold no connection no familiarity with the Marvel U. Hell their pitiful social commentary has no real point when you have the other super powered heroes running around being adored sure Spider-Man has had his hate but not the extreme like the X-men face.

That's your opinion. Mine is that being the black sheep of the superheroes is part of what makes them cool among the other characters. I certainly thought so the first time I read about them.

The first book I read about them was in Secret Wars, which was also the first time I read about Spider-man, the Avengers, the FF, the Hulk, and Spider-man. As far as I could tell, Hulk and Spidey were Avengers, but the X-men stood out separate from the rest, and you didn't know who's side they were on.

They were hanging out with Magneto, but he was still being a villain.. the whole thing just created this more interesting dynamic than any other comics I'd read. There weren't just the good guys and the bad guys, there was more to it than that; it made me have to think about the story more, and I liked that. To me, that's still kind of the X-men's role in the MU.

Maybe some people don't like that, but it's not like anyone's forcing anyone to read stories that have characters from both -most Avengers comics don't have X-men in them anyway. I just don't see any reason to eliminate the possibility altogether.

You ask any X-fan purist and they would tell you right off the bat they would rather see the X-men in their own separate world away from the Marvel U. Telling their social commentary without forcing the readers to acknowledge the existence of superhumans.

What do you mean X-fan purist? You think there's a bigger fan of the X-men than me? You're kidding yourself. I've read every issue of X-men from 1963 to 2013. Does the fact that I've also read all of the original Avengers series or hundreds of issues of other marvel books, or thousands of other not superhero comics make me less of an X-men fan? that's absurd.

if anything it's you who's opinion on the X-men is suspect since you obviously don't like them.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-men are like the black sheep of the family their part of the family but the hold no connection no familiarity with the Marvel U. How did you come up with that? That opinion certainly doesn't hold true with Stan Lee & Jack Kirby's original vision for the X-Men.

You ask any X-fan purist and they would tell you right off the bat they would rather see the X-men in their own separate world away from the Marvel U. What's an X-fan purist? The X-Men originated in the Marvel Universe and continue to be an important component of the original 616 Marvel Universe. If I was ever to start buying X-Men titles again, having them in a separate world would not attract my readership.

I'm a fan of both teams. I've own every issue of X-Men from 1963 to 1995. I stopped buying X-Men titles around the mid 90's as I felt they had become too convoluted with too many franchises making it too expensive to follow. I also have all of the original Avengers volumes and still buy that title to this day.

As far as the Marvel Cinematic Universe is concerned, I would like to see Marvel Studios with total control over ALL of their own characters.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By oldnightcrawler
spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both teams as well....can't we all get along.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to look into what an X-Men purist is.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st of Comic book Fans!

The Avengers were never that popular until the 21st Century Fact! I never knew any of them until around that time...Xmen been kicking ass famously since their inception and killed during the late 90's, along with Spider-Man,Fantastic Four & Hulk...Avengers like I said just became the Kool kids.

From what I've read on this thread Haters,bias and non educated post aside, Ppl prefer the Avengers & Xmen to be separate and I so totally understand why especially the way they have been interacting lately....HOWEVER!

Plenty of Mutants or Xmen should have got that call a long time ago!!! As the Xmen mentioned the Avengers have never came to their rescue or lent a hand so as an Xmen fan/Marvel Fan I wouldn't write the characters to want to join in the first place! a few younger mutants maybe but After AvsX All the Xmen should be giving them the finger

Oo & Uncanny Avengers I had Liked the idea it really wasn't a bad idea, decent book crappy roster! Scarlet Witch cause for mutant decimation shouldn't have even been a thought. Rogue she was a perfect pick a Mutant leader, Wolvie glad he's dead too much exposure, Havok =\ has no mutant followers not that great a leader(omg his feats were horrible!!) I'm not even going to finish but that rooster dukes somebody like Storm,Kitty,Beast,Wolvie,Rogue should have lead and had more actual active Xmen on that damn team..

Either Way I believe they should operate separate of each other but more notable mutants should get an invitation to save the world with the mightiest here and there to mend the gap...But urghh Avengers beating Xmen doesn't even make sense when you read the Best of the Xbooks SmDH

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st of Comic book Fans!

The Avengers were never that popular until the 21st Century Fact! I never knew any of them until around that time...Xmen been kicking ass famously since their inception and killed during the late 90's, along with Spider-Man,Fantastic Four & Hulk...Avengers like I said just became the Kool kids.

From what I've read on this thread Haters,bias and non educated post aside, Ppl prefer the Avengers & Xmen to be separate and I so totally understand why especially the way they have been interacting lately....HOWEVER!

Plenty of Mutants or Xmen should have got that call a long time ago!!! As the Xmen mentioned the Avengers have never came to their rescue or lent a hand so as an Xmen fan/Marvel Fan I wouldn't write the characters to want to join in the first place! a few younger mutants maybe but After AvsX All the Xmen should be giving them the finger

Oo & Uncanny Avengers I had Liked the idea it really wasn't a bad idea, decent book crappy roster! Scarlet Witch cause for mutant decimation shouldn't have even been a thought. Rogue she was a perfect pick a Mutant leader, Wolvie glad he's dead too much exposure, Havok =\ has no mutant followers not that great a leader(omg his feats were horrible!!) I'm not even going to finish but that rooster dukes somebody like Storm,Kitty,Beast,Wolvie,Rogue should have lead and had more actual active Xmen on that damn team..

Either Way I believe they should operate separate of each other but more notable mutants should get an invitation to save the world with the mightiest here and there to mend the gap...But urghh Avengers beating Xmen doesn't even make sense when you read the Best of the Xbooks SmDH

First of all glad to see someone else agrees even if your a bias X-fan but thats okay I expect that from your kind your ignorance of the Avengers is predictable and why no one wants the X-men involved in Marvel U. related stories. Second I accept the X-men are more popular but more powerful B.S. stick to your own comics X-fan. Second I agree Uncanny Avengers is an unholy abomination but Rogue find is the worst along with Havoc and that loser Sunfire. Carol should ended Rogues life a long time ago. Plus why is it the Avengers fault for not helping the X-men are they obligated, no plus its written by X-writers they want to stay in their own little corner plus you X-fans whine when your favorites are being outshined by non X-men characters so why bother complaining if the Marvel characters are going to take more page time from your precious X-men just like I hate having a bunch of hypocrites X-men showing up unnecessary.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalgrandmaster said:

..Xmen been kicking ass famously since their inception and killed during the late 90's,

The X-Men did poorly in their first 9 years of existence, prompting their cancellation, and even struggled when they were relaunched in the mid 70s until the mid 80s.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By tigerkaya

The best part is the X-men are slowly losing ground now that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are no longer the children of Magneto less connection to the Avengers and X-men hopefully Uncanny Avengers will join in cancellation after Secret Wars. Next retcon I want Wolverine removed from ever meeting Cap in WWll, I always preferred Wolverine seeing the Avengers and Cap as strangers and Cap and him hating the others guts with Hawkeye upsizing a guy like Wolverine would never join the team and remove any history Wolverine once had in doing the Avengers. The less the X-men were involved in Marvel the better.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: You juss seem to dislike or hate the Xmen; I'm a Marvel Fan 1st & foremost, So Yes I like and love the Avengers more than The Xmen Hell No why because Damn near everybody juss discovered who and what the avengers are...Ultimate universe & Civil War IMO are what really put The Avengers on the map for kids who don't come across comics very often.

FF4, Hulk, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, ironman & Xmen I'm familiar with these characters because they had cartoons out in the 90's and other Marvel characters would feature in them....In both comics and Media Xmen and other marvel entities were more popular, Like I said Avengers juss became the cool kids and the New IT team.

Dislike for Xmen or mutants probably stems from their lack of And too spaced out Good Comic stories while the Avengers in the 21stCentury were on a rise to popularity and juss good books..

The Xmen & mutants are being handled horribly While the Avengers are being handled with more care....Ex.SW&QuickSilver Heritage.

End of the day Xmen are cooler.....

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

"This is impressive... And a little racist."

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalgrandmaster: Actually I've been a fan of the Avengers comics long before Millar wrote them to popularity with The Ultimates, second I couldn't give a damn if the X-men are cooler too me their a bunch of offing hypocrites that can't seem to shut the hell up and blame everyone for their misery. And third I'm not talking about their media popularity I'm talking about having the X-men and Avengers have zero interactions.

"This is impressive... And a little racist."

Cute, now shove off you assumptious jack ass oh and Big Bang Series is overrated.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the x-men shouldnt be involved with the avengers at all. They should be in their own seperate universe. They wouldn't be constantly underwitten or made to be buttholes. Omega level thing would make more sense. If could focus more on the oppression aspect of mutants

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By tigerkaya

@nipower888 said:

I think the x-men shouldnt be involved with the avengers at all. They should be in their own seperate universe. They wouldn't be constantly underwitten or made to be buttholes. Omega level thing would make more sense. If could focus more on the oppression aspect of mutants

Pretty much, just place the X-men in a heroes Reborn Universe and as a bonus have everyone in the Marvel U. forget the X-men ever existed it worked for DC when they shoved the Golden age heroes to Earth 2. Besides mutant problems are an X-men problem and the Avengers shouldn't shame themselves to inviting those hypocritical Pro Nazi X-men. And to those wondering the pro Nazi I'm referring to their Nazi member Doctor Nemesis.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

all of them.

X-Men should never shame themselves by joining the avengers.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know with all the hype and talk of reboot of Secret War not to mention the complaints of X-fans going "Uh Marvel is killing off every X-men character because of the movies!" Even though they have also killed Marvel heroes in the past you double standard, hypocritical, self centered twats. But I digress if this reboot does happen with the mutants being shoved off I say good riddance think of it as payback for dragging us into the Onslaught event and Heroes Reborn. But most of all I look forward to the hundreds of thousands of X-fans leaving Marvel hopefully for good because at least than, I won't have feel ashamed being associated with the X-fanbase and the X-men lore ever again.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

although I do enjoy the mixing of characters in both teams, but combining them was a cool concept at first. Yet, after awhile it lost the impact of what should've been. Thinking the downfall was too many titles and way too many characters.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow what a hateful post lol hey make them mutants register to. Got to keep mutants in check. AVENGERS should be a group defending the world or Avenging it as the saying goes because more then likely they failed to defend it. Could be they were to picky choosing a team. Hey how about multiple teams and one main? Spider gets his team and Hawkeye his own team and Loki lol his own team. One team he'll I wish one group was enough for the army but sadly it is not.

Let's see a main team and squad's and then see how that goes.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Yes because the X-men never fail, hey was't their a bus load of mutants killed by a mutant hate group by a bazooka boy I wish the X-men had a telepath on call to scan the area, oh hey how about that Genosha country with a denizens of mutants obliterated by Sentinels where the X-men during that attack, or how about that time the were captured by Mojo and placed in a reality show. Boy those the X-men sure are perfect, couple of hypocrites if you ask me.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just wish they used everybody when it came to it in DC even Lex Luther is part of defending the world when he has to.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tigerkaya: I happen to be a fan of both Xmen and Avengers. I've always hated it when Marvel tries to elevate one over the other. The Onslaught/ Heroes reborn thing was ridiculous. As was AVX and most of the rest of the amalgamated junk we got with them. In fact the only thing I would have wanted different was Civil War which could have combined them in a profound way to tell the story.

The idea of the Xmen being in a separate universe like what you mentioned about the heroes reborn thing actually doesn't sound terrible to me.

But really no need to insult x-fans. I mean your rants sound like you're a little butthurt hypocritical twat. As a fan of Marvel I'd prefer it if they did nothing to alienate Xmen fans, Fantastic Four fans, Avengers fans, or Spiderman fans since losing all of one group (Spiderman, Avengers, Xmen) could hurt Marvel altogether. They can coexist but some of these stupid writers who are in love with making heroes fight each other don't have the sense or the foresight to make that happen.And that goes for both groups. The Xmen hardly have any villains anymore and they are just busy fighting each other. The Avengers are doing the same thing. Overall that whole approach is tired and stupid. What they are doing with the Xmen is ridiculous but equally ridiculous in my opinion is what's been done to Captain America in changing him, Ironman is done wrong all the time, and a female Thor as if its a title and not the actual name is beyond stupid. And let's not mention the FF. Its really a rough time all around for Marvel fans. So really instead of lobbing insults at each other we should be trying to do something about Brevoort and his minions

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alonso-teases-new-world-for-x-men-following-secret-wars

Just speculation but the events to transpire post Secret War will alter the X-men status quo in the Marvel Continuity.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AH no I disagree with this Topic. There are only a Select few mutants that should and have the right to become an Avenger. Storm should be one Iceman, Rouge maybe Angel. The mutants that shouldn't are Cyclops,Emma,Colossus,Kitty,Gambit and so on. I really don't mind a few X-men into the Avengers team why is that a big deal let them join.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The x-men don't even use/need all of their mutants why not have certain ones become an avenger

drifting_snow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no problem with Havok in the Avengers. But he should stand up to Captain America more. He was kick out of the Illuminati and deserved it.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By tigerkaya

@hawk2916: First of all go what making fun of X-fan I am merely stating my disdain for the X-men nothing wrong with that, second who cares about the X-men, if their downing in their own demise let them just keep them the F, away from the Marvel Universe entirely because I really hate seeing those jack offs in my Marvel cosmic and having BS fights with another Avengers vs X-men story and third I agree withe last part I'm not a fan of the current characterization but I'm hoping a better creative team comes along that actually likes writing super hero comics instead of another indie writer.

@drifting_snow: That loser is a joke keep him in the X-men to be Scotts whipping boy for all I care X-men members should stay int heir own teams.

@stormphoenix: How about no, the X-men can keep their meat shield members its all their good for.

@kgb725: Because the X-men keep them around for target practice.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So yes in other words go GTFO X-men and never return. It will be nice having a Marvel U. without the X-men around. Wolverine is dead, no more "Cyclop's was right" fans and best of all the X-fans are leaving. Its a good day to being a Marvel fan.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#199  Edited By Chapmar

I am genuinely astonished by pretty much all of this.

The mentality of people saying "leave mutant issues to mutants and the saving the world to the Avengers" just goes to show that the world the X-men live in is not so different to the real world. The Avengers are supposed to be a force for good, I don't see how them handling mutant issues and fighting prejudice is not within their mantra.

Essentially I'm gonna let Scott say this better than I could:

No Caption Provided

The Avengers never gave anything but ignorance to the X-men, and as somebody already mentioned inaction is action. Why does nobody call out the Avengers more on this?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@chapmar: It's not the Avengers' responsibility to fix human-mutant relations in America. As with all such matters, people in general need to accept each other's differences and join hands in brotherhood in order to achieve the unity dreamed of by Xavier. It's too delicate an issue for a team of metahumans that specializes in responding to threats to world order from unprecedented sources, in the physical as opposed to the social realm. The Avengers fight external threats, which are often completely unknown and/or alien, whereas the enemy of the X-men is very internal and familiar, the evil that man (mutant or not) is capable of.

Yes it's the same world, but the Avengers are a paramilitary strike team under the auspices of the UN. If you see the Avengers, s***'s already hit the fan, because they react to threats, whereas the X-men are proactive and ideologically motivated. The Avengers' mission is incompatible with helping out the X-men, a controversial political activist/vigilante group defined by racial identity. They "live in different worlds" in that they don't mix very well.